---DIE RISE RICHTOFEN/MAXIS EASTER EGG WRITTEN TUTORIAL---

Written by Strwrsbob and modified/formatted by PonchoDemon for CoDz Forum

Images sourced from NiikThatGamingShow, NGTZombies, and BTG

[Prerequisites]

Build the NavCard table before attempting the EE/Side Quest

Four Players

Step 1)

Turn the power on.

Stand on the top of the four elevators with the gold chinese emblems on them.

They are:

• In the shaft under the toppled water tower

• The bowie knife elevator

• The two elevators directly adjacent to the Trample Steam bench

All four players must stand on them at the same time, the emblems should light up.

*If you have trouble getting the emblems to light up, have your team try jumping on them.

Step 2)

Use a system of trial and error to activate all gold chinese emblems on the floors. The emblems need to be activated one at a time in a specific order. The order changes every game.

*Richtofen will name the emblems off in german as one, two, three, and four. This will be the order for the current game.

They are:

• Behind the spawn room door

• On the upper balcony of the dragon sign roof

• Near the sushi bar

• Outside above the AK-74u

Step 3)

Shoot the orbs in each dragons mouth using any sniper rifle.

*SVU-AS costs 1000 off the wall located at the top of the escalator near the sushi bar.

They will re-locate to the lion statues at spawn.

Step 4)

***CHOOSE YOUR SIDE***

Decide if you want to do the Richtofen or Maxis EE/Side Quest and follow the steps.

Richtofen Side:

Shoot the orbs under the lion's paws with the sliquifier until they both start spinning.

*Make sure no one on your team picks up the orbs prior to this otherwise they may not spin. If this happens you will need to start a new game to complete the Richtofen side.

Maxis Side:

a) Kill zombies in the upside down Buddha room and you will hear Maxis say "Blood, yes, more blood!"

B) Continue to kill zombies in this room until Maxis says "Reincarnation will reveal the way forward". It could take 2-3 rounds before he speaks.

*Certain weapons/equipment will shed more blood which should make the process quicker.

c) After you have finished the sacrifice, shoot the PaP'd Ballistic Knife anywhere in the Buddha room and Maxis should speak.

*Any player can use the PaP'd Ballistic Knife and Russman doesn't need to be sacrificed.

Step 5)

Richtofen Side:

a) Have all four players place trample steams on the four golden zombie emblems. Make sure to have them facing the Spire.

They are:

• Two on the dragon sign roof, close to each other |

• On the upper balcony of the dragon sign roof

• Near the escalator in the room next to spawn

B) You must now launch zombies into the Spire using the trample steams. You have to do this until fireworks go off above the dragon and it breathes fire. A spark of energy will hit the Spire and each corner of it will light up blue.

Maxis Side:

a) Have two players pick up the orbs from the lion statues.

B) Have all four players place trample steams on the four golden lion emblems. Make sure to have them facing the Spire.

They are:

• Two on the dragon sign roof |

• Spawn room near the stairs

• Bottom of the escalator in the room next to spawn

*Once you place a trample steam in the proper position you can no longer pick it up unless you destroy it. This is a good way to determine if they are placed correctly.

*The two players with the orbs may need to place there trample steams last

c) The two players with the orbs can now launch them from the trample steams by standing near one and pressing the Action button.

*Make sure to launch the orbs from the same side of the map so the orbs cross paths when launching between the trample steams.

When done correctly fireworks go off above the dragon and it breathes fire. A spark of energy will hit the Spire and each corner of it will light up orange.

Step 6)

***BOTH SIDES***

MAHJONG TILES:

a) Find the four tiles with Chinese characters, and four with dots / circles.

You must match the colors of the Chinese character tiles and the dot / circle tiles.

For example: If the "East" tile is red, and the red circle / dot tile has 3 dots on it, you must activate the east corner of the spire 3rd.

[What the Mahjong tiles look like on Die Rise]

[Directions for the Chinese character tiles]

[Directions for the Spire: THIS DOESN'T CHANGE]

The placement, colors, & location of Mahjong tiles changes each game!

Possible Mahjong Tile Locations:

[*:es5wsrek]Railing near the top of the Spire
    [*:es5wsrek]Spawn area on the desk
    [*:es5wsrek]On a couch pillow, top room of the upside down building before going down the elevator shaft
    [*:es5wsrek]Inside the elevator shaft, third level down on the broken floor near an open window
    [*:es5wsrek]Dragon sign building, first floor down from the roof on a counter in the **** please report this topic, post **** area
    [*:es5wsrek]From AK74U, go down the hallway to the storage room and it's on a shelf near the door
    [*:es5wsrek]Buddha room, top level on the ground near the Teddy Bear location
    [*:es5wsrek]Power room, near the double doors on a sewing machine table in the right corner
    [*:es5wsrek]Dragon sign roof, inside the room under the balcony on a chair

B) Punch each corner of the Spire in the correct order with the Galvaknuckles.

*Each player will earn all six perks after completion. These perks are not semi-permanent like they are on Moon.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I'm with three other people and we're standing on the elevators and nothing is happening.

It's possible there is another step that's being overlooked. You may need to build the navcard table first or have the sniper rifle purchased? If you already have these it may be something else. I'm at work right now so I can't check.

Let me know if you figure anything out and I'll update the guide.

• Administrators

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I was playing with Flammen, and we had one guy who did not do the Tranzit Side Quest. I'm sure this isn't a prerequisite, but it seems to be the case. We followed the beginning steps all the way through until the elevators portion. We even made sure every teammate jumped on it at precisely the same instance. No reaction.

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I was playing with Flammen, and we had one guy who did not do the Tranzit Side Quest. I'm sure this isn't a prerequisite, but it seems to be the case. We followed the beginning steps all the way through until the elevators portion. We even made sure every teammate jumped on it at precisely the same instance. No reaction.

Vouching for this. Very annoying and confusing.

Ya there's going to be a way to two man this, 3arc already realizes noone likes to be forced to do 4 man achievements. *Ascension and Shangri-La*

Most people just get together as 4 to look for clues faster, but so many times you hear "nope 4 players" and like with tranzit, its so easy to do Richtofens side with two people lol at least for me.

This is absolutely four player only?

Potential solo/two player work-a-rounds?

I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm sure there is a way to do it. I usually play with a two/three person group myself and plan on testing a few ideas to see what's possible.

The first and fifth steps would have to be done differently. Everything else could be done with two people. Here's a few things I plan on trying with two people:

For the first step have each player stand on two different elevator tiles, even if they don't light up try moving to the other two elevator tiles after and see if anything happens. You may need to try different combinations but I think you may be able to get them to light up still.

If you manage to get past the first step: For the fifth step set up two trample steams instead of four. It may take longer but could be a plausible way of completing the step. Happy hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the Maxis side with images for Step 5. Nine possible Mahjong tile locations have been added with images for Step 6.

Richtofen/Maxis verbal quotes heard while doing the EE/Side Quest will be added to the tutorial next.

New images have been sourced from BrokenThumbsGames and NGTZombies. I tried to source the images myself but couldn't get them to show up on the COD Elite page.

If you find anything wrong/missing, let me know and I'll fix it.

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

Have people had more success having the PAP ballistics at the time of entering the Bhudda room to make the sacrifice on Maxis side?

We were trying Maxis last night, killed all zombies, and got the "Reincarnation will light the way forward" quote, then went to pull from the box to get Ballistics. Once we had them, no matter what we tried, we couldn't get it to work.

Also, does anyone know if you have to Re-incarnate within a certain amount of time of finishing the Zombie killing stage?

I know this is the step that seems glitch and most people have struggled with.

Also, as others reported, I have completed the Richtofen side of the Die Rise EE but only done Maxis Side of Tranzit EE. I know a lot of people were saying if you want to do Maxis you have to do Maxis on Tranzi and Vice-Versa, But that wasn't the case for me on Die Rise for Richtofen