If We Knew Now, What We Saw Then...

This behind the scenes look at Black Ops 2 shows pictures from Town, but there are trees and it doesn't look all messed up. At 3:40 they begin to talk about the zombie mode, and if you pause the video at 3:50, you'll see the view from the hole in the wall where Revive is on the survival map "Town." The layout is the EXACT same as the game we have today, right down to the shape of the hole the missing bricks make.

Across the street is the building that has Juggernog and the MP5. Except, it's MUCH different.

At 3:59, you can see the bottom floor of the bar where the pool table is. Again, EXACT same layout as the game we have today, except, there are pictures of Fidel Castro on the walls instead of the pictures that are there now.

I don't know if this means anything at all. It's quite possible that Treyarch were trolling us by making us think the map would take place in Cuba. Then again, it could just be the beginning stages of development where they were playing around, or just needed fillers for later developments. But there's that little chance that it could be the town in a different "time."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD9UPv_Y ... 2&index=30

If this information has been posted already, I apologize. I just thought this was something interesting to share with you guys.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a sec...pause at 3:51.

The church is on the same level as the street...there is no ridge.

Perhaps it had a bigger role in the first imagining of the map?

Have any of you played survival on town?

*sees about the entire class raise their hands*

Good class, now, have you noticed the church hanging just outside the map?

*a couple hands drop, but still a majority*

Alright, now how many of you have heard the church bells ringing.

*majority of class drops hands*

does anyone have any legitamate idea on whose ringing these bells?

Also, I think that they were making the town all shiny and new for the Atown survival loading postcard. Then, after that, they removed the trees and added the destruction.

You realize how much work that would take? The postcard was drawn by an artist.

I just think these were early development stages.

Read the first line of my post. The bit you took out of my quote...

Yea this could just be early development. But I'm one of those naive zombie slayers that holds on to things. I JUST CAN'T LET IT GO!!!! lol. The Fidel Castro thing kind of throws me off though.

Maybe this portion of whatever city Town belongs to, was Little Cuba, or Little Havana.

BUT, more than likely, you're just diving too deep into the rabbit hole Neo, you need to take the Blue pill to come back to our false reality for a moment.. But only for a moment, then focus yourself on a new task..

Also perhaps, it has everything to do with the storyline, and maybe there was a reason this particular place was so close to the destruction... maybe why it has a significance, with the Church being a rocket and all, (see thread in TranZit discussion), maybe someone was idolizing Fidel Castro, building a rocket, and Edward simply couldn't have competition...

Just a thought, a shot in the dark..

Yea, I'm gonna have to call it quits on TranZit for now. Maybe they'll add something in the DLC but for now I think everything's been found. But Spiderbite has a new video out about Nuketown Zombies. Very interesting. I'm sure I don't have to link you guys since I'm sure you all know where he's located on youtube. But yea, some very interesting things on Nuketown Zombies.