Lake Vostok - Portal to Hollow Earth? Thule?

GRILL

The Information:

Lake Vostok is the largest of Antartica's lakes. It was know by man to exist as far back as 1959, but was not physically discovered until 1993 - with drilling only starting in 2012... the Lake holds many mysteries, and possible connections to the zombie storyline.

Antarctica is a place that has been neglected by the actual zombies storyline, but yet seemingly played a pivotal part in the actual Nazi's plans. I will explain how it possibly connects to the Vrill-ya, hollow earth, Thule, and inherently - the zombies storyline.*

*i am editing the full explanation and will post it soon

NEW 5/10/13

X1AeiIxyi9c

Lake Vostok: The Lost World of Lake Vostok Documentary (BBC)

Narrated by... CATE BLANCHETT

link for mobile - http://youtu.be/X1AeiIxyi9c

NEW 1/9/13

Operation Highjump commenced as part of the U.S. Naval Antarctic Developments Project, organized by Secretary of the Navy James Forrestal. The task force consisted of over 40 ships, including two destroyer class vessels and the aircraft carrier the U.S.S. Philippine Sea, and a number of planes that were outfitted with a trimetricon (a secret spying camera), a magnetometer (to record any magnetic anomalies), and the recently developed jet-assist takeoff bottles (JATO) which helped with takeoffs from the short runway on an aircraft carrier or for takeoffs on hard surfaces such as ice.

According to government documents, members of Operation Highjump took over 70,000 aerial photographs of select inland areas of Antarctica. Yet most of the photographs were declared unusable for mapping purposes, due to the dearth of adequate ground control points (cartographers need these points when creating maps).

It has been long thought by researchers that the Navy’s mapping story was nothing more than a cover to shield the real operation, which was reconnaissance and recovery of Nazi/Alien hybrid technology. It was also rumored that abandoned Nazi buildings and a downed Nazi plane was photographed, but this rumor has never been substantiated.

In 1947, Admiral Richard Byrd said, “the project was necessary for the USA to take defensive actions against enemy fighters which come from the polar regions.” Was he referring to potential Soviet aircraft or Nazi Luftwaffe attacking the States from Antarctica? He never clarified this cryptic statement, which has only served to fuel further conspiracy theories.

Shortly after Admiral Byrd’s press conference the Soviet naval journal, Red Fleet, stated that “US measures in Antarctica testify that American military circles are seeking to subject the Polar Regions to control and create permanent bases for their armed forces.” In another odd twist, the governments of New Zealand, Australia and Chile asked for their militaries to join the Operation Highjump expedition but were denied participation. Official government sources say the US was doing nothing more than mapping the frozen continent, though looking for uranium deposits seems to have been on the agenda as well. While others insist they were looking for the underground Nazi base that warehoused German Vril flying discs known as flugscheiben and Thule mercury-powered spaceship prototypes also known as jenseitsflugmaschines.

In 1948, a second task force named Operation Windmill was also sent to take photographs of Neuschwabenland, again supposedly for mapping purposes. Although they apparently succeeded in their task, the government has yet to make these photos available to the public and no reason has ever been given for their nondisclosure. Some believe that the reason the photos have never been released is that this military operation was actually a reconnaissance and recovery mission.

In 1949, when James Forrestal began to suffer from a mental breakdown, he was sent to convalesce at Bethesda Naval Hospital. But when he began to discuss Operation Highjump with the hospital staff, talking wildly about UFOs, Atlantis, and an underground Nazi city, he was denied visitors, including his wife. Shortly afterwards, he fell out of his hospital window to his death. The official report said that he committed suicide but persistent rumors say that he was murdered by government agents to keep him from talking further about what was really found in the Antarctica wilderness during Operation Highjump.

The truth of the matter may never come to light, but what is known is that several U.S. military personnel surprisingly lost their lives during Operation Highjump; a supposed mapping operation that should have been an entirely safe endeavor. Also, multiple planes were downed during the operation, including the George One which, according to Naval documents, mysteriously “just blew up” over the ice during its initial flight in Antarctica.

Beyond the legends of Nazi gold and Hitler’s DNA, could the Germans have been hiding advanced technology, or at least the blueprints for such, in Antarctica? Could the Nazis have hidden highly advanced foo fighters or even a nuclear bomb there?

According to British Intelligence, we know that advanced, stealth foo fighters and Vril flying saucer-shaped craft were on the drawing board at the German Institute for Aerial Development. We also know that Austrian Viktor Schauberger discovered that physics operates with a dual principle of centripetence and centrifugence, also known as vortex dynamics.

One of the experiments headed up by Schauberger included the apparent levitating of aircraft by the use of a water and hydrogen mixture coupled with vortex energy. This could have been a foo fighter prototype. According to records seized by Allies from the archives of the German High Command, the Nazis were also developing a series of A9 and A10 nuclear missiles with the goal of destroying New York City and Washington, DC. It was said that Schauberger’s air ships were the vehicle of choice for the delivery of these bombs. Though we know that such missiles were in the early development stages, blueprints for such weapons were never found. What is known is that these blueprints never fell into British or Russian hands.

However, several of Schauberger’s prototype repulsine vortex machines were confiscated both the US and Russian military. After the war, Schauberger lived in the US and was rumored to be employed by the US government working as a consultant on a top secret UFO project in Texas, though his whereabouts also were also placed at Area 51, in the New Mexico desert.

source - http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/10/26/ ... -of-thule/

NEW 1/9/13

Another rumor associated with Nazi involvement in Antarctica and Operation Highjump is that Antarctica was the lost Aryan homeland of Thule. While Antarctica has been linked to the lost continent of Atlantis, the linkage to Thule is less apparent.

Thule (also known as Thula, Thyle, Thila, Tila, Tyle, or Tylen, among other cognates) was first written about by the Greek explorer Pytheas after his travels between 330 BC and 320 BC. In 150 AD, Greek writer Antonius Diogenes wrote The Wonders Beyond Thule, a most likely fictional account of adventurer’s tales.

While of literary interest, this work did little to reveal any secrets about Thule. Based upon writings by the Roman poet Virgil and by Roman Historian Pliny, scholars traditionally believed that Thule was most likely a reference to either Iceland, Greenland or Scandinavia. In medieval geographies Thule was referred to as distant place located beyond the “borders of the known world.”

Nazi mystics believed in historical Thule (also referred to as Hyperborea) as the ancient origin of the Aryan race. The Thule Society or Thule-Gesellschaft was founded in 1918 by German occultist Rudolf von Sebottendorff to pursue research on Thule. The Nazis utilized the Thule Society as a focus point for all sorts of “black ops” projects. This is where the basis for Antarctica not only being a secret UFO base, but the lost land of Thule first originated. Legends and urban myths about Nazi-driven Thule Society exploits have persisted into the 21st century

NEW 1/9/13

in 2001, the U.S. National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the Support Office for Aerogeophysical Research confirmed the existence of a magnetic anomaly on the eastside shore of Lake Vostok in Antarctica, consistent with a man-made construct

Currently several organizations including U.S. National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, the Support Office for Aerogeophysical Research (SOAR), the Earth Observatory of Columbia University and the British Antarctic Survey are performing research in Antarctica. In fact, the British Antarctic Survey is researching the magnetic anomaly, as well as other Antarctic phenomenon including the recently discovered subglacial lake, as part of the multinational task force mission known as the Antarctic Magnetic Anomaly Project. This project also involves research teams from Ohio State University, the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), NASA and various members of the International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy as well as the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics. The Russian Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (AARI) is also currently performing magnetic and subglacial like research projects in Antarctica.

It is thought that towards the end of the Second World War, the Nazis moved to the South Pole and started constructing a base at Lake Vostok. In 1943, Grand Admiral Karl Dönitz was quoted saying “Germany's submarine fleet is proud that it created an unassailable fortress for the Fuehrer on the other end of the world,” in Antarctica.

According to German naval archives, months after Germany surrendered to the Allies in April, 1945, the German submarine U-530 arrived at the South Pole from the Port of Kiel. Crewmembers constructed an ice cave and supposedly stored several boxes of relics from the Third Reich, including Hitler’s secret files.

It is also rumored that later the submarine U-977 delivered the remains of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun to Antarctica for DNA cloning purposes.

source: http://en.ria.ru/science/20120206/171176587.html

Though deliberately obscured by the West today, Nazi German leader Adolph Hitler was obsessed with New Swabia (German: Neuschwabenland) which was the name given to the area of Antarctica located between 20°E and 10°W in Queen Maud Land which he believed would one day be the world capital of his “master race.”

Soviet archives have extensive files detailing that Nazi Germany and the United States forged an alliance prior to the end of World War II allowing Hitler and cohorts to escape to their Antarctica base in exchange for German technology that included the atomic bomb and advanced fighter jet, rocket and flying saucer technology.

Ever since it achieved unification in 1871, Germany craved colonies as a matter of national pride. But by the late nineteenth century, most of the “uncivilized world” was already carved up by established European powers.

Ambitions . . . were turned to the last great area of the globe that was not yet colonized: Antarctica — big, cold and empty. At the beginning of 1939, a Nazi expedition explored a hitherto uncharted area of the Antarctic. By foot and plane, the Nazis surveyed an area . . . totaling 600.000 sq. km. They called it “Neuschwabenland.”

source - http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/88-neu ... man-colony

A shocking Ministry of Defense report on the Russian scientific team that has successfully drilled 3,768 meters into the world’s largest submerged lake on the continent of Antarctica, believed to be untouched for over 20 million years, states that the underwater video camera discovered the“striking image” of a “golden-like swastika” estimated to be no less than 100 meters in height and width.

The discovery of this underwater swastika was made on 30 January after which the Ministry ordered into silence the scientists who have been working on this project for the past 20 years until highly specialized encrypted communication devices could be delivered to them and sparking fears among many that they were missing as they had been “out of communication” for 5 days.

source - http://www.thetotalcollapse.com/nazi-sw ... ian-fears/

Please do keep in mind that a swastika does not always have to mean "nazi"

Far from its being the symbol of the Nazi Empire, the swastika is our world’s oldest known symbol that dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization of Ancient India, as well as Classical Antiquity, and due to the extreme amount of time estimated in the millions of years since man last looked into the depths of Lake Vostok, it is entirely possible that what has now been discovered in Antarctica may very well be another clue to who we are and where we really come from.

The evidence for this “golden swastika” predating the Nazis is further bolstered by the Finaeus (1531) and Piri Reis (1513) maps of Antarctica used by Western explorers to “discover” the New World and showing it to be ice free with flowing rivers, drainage patterns and a clean coastline.

Finaeus map & Piri Reis maps - http://www.ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=40&

Russia’s St. Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute developed the drilling technique employed by Russian scientist which has involved the use of freon and kerosene to lubricate the borehole and prevent it from collapsing and freezing over; 60 tons of these chemicals have been used thus far on the ice above Lake Vostok. Other countries, particularly the United States and Britain, have failed to persuade the Russians not to pierce to the lake until cleaner technologies such as hot-water drilling are available.

source - http://www.thetotalcollapse.com/nazi-sw ... ian-fears/

St. Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute - http://www.pnpi.spb.ru/index.html.en

Though I'd thought I'd share these pictures with you, in which I only discovered today after | GRILL | had posted it on one of my threads,

Lake Vostok

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Vostok

Which lead me to this website - http://usahitman.com/trmoie/

(this site has some pretty cool stories on it)

Third Reich Maps of Inner Earth

We’ve all heard tales of Nazis exploring the southern extremities of the globe and even setting up bases in Neuschwabenland. Some have also heard of Operation Highjump and Admiral Byrd’s altercation with entranched German forces that overpowered them with amazing flying craft. A video has recently surfaced which shows a 1944 map from the Third Reich detailing not only the direct passageway used by German U-boats to access this subterranean domain, but also a complete map of both hemispheres of the inner realm of Agharta!

Most interesting to note about Admiral Byrd’s Operation Highjump mission was his solo flight towards the South Pole on 19 February 1947 wherein he recorded in his diary the following: [see entire transcript here]

“1000 Hours- We are crossing over the small mountain range and still proceeding northward as best as can be ascertained. Beyond the mountain range is what appears to be a valley with a small river or stream running through the center portion. There should be no green valley below! Something is definitely wrong and abnormal here! We should be over ice and snow! To the portside are great forests growing on the mountain slopes. Our navigation instruments are still spinning, the gyroscope is oscillating back and forth!

1005 Hours- I alter altitude to 1400 feet and execute a sharp left turn to better examine the valley below. It is green with either moss or a type of tight knit grass. The light here seems different. I cannot see the Sun anymore. We make another left turn and we spot what seems to be a large animal of some kind below us. It appears to be an elephant! NO!!! It looks more like a mammoth! This is incredible! Yet, there it is! Decrease altitude to 1000 feet and take binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed – it is definitely a mammoth-like animal! Report this to base camp.

1030 Hours- Encountering more rolling green hills now. The external temperature indicator reads 74 degrees Fahrenheit! Continuing on our heading now. Navigation instruments seem normal now. I am puzzled over their actions. Attempt to contact base camp. Radio is not functioning!”

(Aerial Image)

(Vostok Station)

GRILL's mind map - you'll notice I have a mind map included. please feel free to take this and edit it, write stuff on it, or if you have mind map - I can send you the data to re-arrage "in app".

I'll have to re-size this when I get a chance. The part that is cut off is supposed to say "German U-boat"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for reading!

Inspiration thanks to PINNAZ for his fantastic conspiracy thread (http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 35&t=25277).

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mix: thank you good sir! EXACTLY what I'm looking for. May I add you to the contributor's list?

@way: the app is very good for organizing thoughts. My only quarrel was the amount of colors you saw was the maximum amount. Typically these applications are under a genre known as "mind mapping" - and I'm currently trying to find one that does not have a limitation on how many "branches" come from an idea... I'll let you know when I find a more versatile one (or please let me know if you fine one! :mrgreen: ). Most of the good stuff has already been addressed on this site (such as Operation Highjump) - but Lake Vostok in general is a location I haven't seen talked about here. Glad people are digging it!

@zombiehunter: yes the quote that's like, "I've got enough bullets for all of Atlantis". Since Samuel is quite the conspiracy theorist - it's hard to draw whether this comment was tongue and cheek, or actually canon. I'll include the quote in the "Green Run" section.. Thanks zombiehunter!

• Administrators

This is very nice and thorough research you have created, GRILL. I'm quite impressed as to how much work you put in this from small mention of a quote by the bus driver. Well done. :) I've been looking into Lake Vostok since you have brought it up. It seems that everything we discover, Nazis were always involved in them somehow, haha. But aside that, I managed to find a few things that may support your theory.

The lake's discovery is often most credited to the Russians, as they had created a base there unaware of the vastly different ecosystem underneath them. This event occurred somewhere in the mid-1950s presumably after your mention of Nazi Germany intelligence. Many have assumed that the ecosystem was in direct correlation of Atlantis since there was much involvement and suspicion with Antarctica being its homelands. It's not to say that Lake Vostok is a direct doorway to the supposed city, however, one could assume that the sudden change in temperature and discovery of microorganisms could relate to it.

http://rense.com/general11/vostok.htm

Your mind map does a great job at linking the conspiracies to each map. Of course, this whole zombie storyline is nothing but a bag full of 'em waiting to be explored. It doesn't seem like every map is related to Lake Vostok, however, we could chain some conspiracies consecutively in order to find significance. Let me take a quick snap at how the other maps MAY be related to the lake:

Moon: As simple as it already is, we know that the map revolves around the conspiracies of Area 51 in the light of Apollo 11. I had made a quick theory a month ago in a Skype conversation about the Apollo mission being a distraction. In my little thought, I claimed the mission was to divert attention from the U.S. government while they replicated the MTD we see in Hangar 18. It's obvious why the teleporter is in Area 51 and not out in the open. The mainframe, however, had some implications and thus, we do not teleport to the receiver (in other words, we arrive in the loading dock instead of the teleporter above the MPD).

All this makes no sense, trust me. But if you were to relate the lake to it somehow, I'd have to go with one thing:

It is unknown as to who exactly created the MPD. The only actual in-game proof we have of it is Richtofen's first encounter when he teleports alone and touches it. This is no ordinary force that created the device. Recall Samantha's quote:

"Something far more [evil?] lies in here!"

What is that "evil"? Is it an essence? Could it be one similar to those that may inhabit the lower regions of the lake where the ice becomes practically impenetrable?

That's all I really have for now. I can't research too much at the moment since the computer at this school hates loading pages and actually blocks numerous conspiracy sites. :shock:

@infest: wow man thanks for this wealth of info. Actually the Bus Drive never mentions Lake Vostok, but through researching some of the conspiracies he does address is how I found out about Lake Vostok.

I totally agree that not every map is related to Lake Vostok. The strongest contenders are CotD, Shangri La, and (thanks to you :mrgreen: ) MOON.

I'll be updating this thread with your info, and the relations to maps. Thanks again for the help.

@zombiehunter: thanks mate! I'll add that to the section and do a little research on it. Fantastic!

• 1 month later...

When T.E.D.D drives to the farm. He mentions the lake. So maybe Atlantis is where it all ties together

The Bus Driver mentions Great Slate Lake.

Great Slave Lake. It is in Canada. A Russian nuclear Satelitte crashed there causing a political storm & an environmental disaster.

I have heard rumors about there being an ancient city under the ice there. This is through the conspiracy theory grapevine though, so I take it with a grain of salt. But the theory sopposedly says that the city is older than Atlantis and is the prime hub for their advanced civilization. This is sopposed to be the master race that Hitler was looking for, and sopposedly Nazi U-boats were looking for it or possibly found it and hid some of their treasures there along with the crafts that were mentioned by the OP. This is all just what I have heard and I cannot produce an ounce of evidence for it. (Haven't really tried yet.) BUT great read, and very interesting. I think you are definately on to something here.

I came across this today - (it's only bacteria though)

There's photos & a video on the site too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/03/10/lake-vostok-life-russian-scientists_n_2838097.html?icid=hp_science_gallery

Lake Vostok Life Found Nowhere Else On Earth, Russian Scientists Report

Antarctica's vast Lake Vostok contains life—including at least one form of life not found elsewhere on Earth, Russian scientists announced today. Preliminary analyses of water samples collected from the lake earlier this year revealed a species of bacteria not belonging to any known subkingdoms.

"We call it unidentified and 'unclassified' life," the team's leader, Sergei Bulat of the St. Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, told Russian news agency RIA Novosti. The bacteria's DNA was less than 86% similar to known bacterial DNA, indicating that it was a new species, Bulat said.

The Russian team retrieved the samples in January, one year after successfully completing the 4000-meter drilling through ice to reach the lake's surface. To confirm the preliminary finding, the team plans to collect new samples of water from the lake during a return expedition, reportedly in May, although that's the middle of the Antarctic winter.

I came across this today - (it's only bacteria though)

There's photos & a video on the site too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/03/10/lake-vostok-life-russian-scientists_n_2838097.html?icid=hp_science_gallery

Lake Vostok Life Found Nowhere Else On Earth, Russian Scientists Report

Antarctica's vast Lake Vostok contains life—including at least one form of life not found elsewhere on Earth, Russian scientists announced today. Preliminary analyses of water samples collected from the lake earlier this year revealed a species of bacteria not belonging to any known subkingdoms.

"We call it unidentified and 'unclassified' life," the team's leader, Sergei Bulat of the St. Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, told Russian news agency RIA Novosti. The bacteria's DNA was less than 86% similar to known bacterial DNA, indicating that it was a new species, Bulat said.

The Russian team retrieved the samples in January, one year after successfully completing the 4000-meter drilling through ice to reach the lake's surface. To confirm the preliminary finding, the team plans to collect new samples of water from the lake during a return expedition, reportedly in May, although that's the middle of the Antarctic winter.

Thanks PINNAZ. I'll add this to the top. I'm working on a bunch of new info for this thread :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Wow, just wow! This has got my brain firing on all cylinders!

Don't know if this will help but ive been researching about James Forrestal and his death. There isnt much that you havent covered by his death but i thought i'd ad this poem, which was his apparent 'death note'.

Fair Salamis, the billows’ roar,

Wander around thee yet,

And sailors gaze upon thy shore

Firm in the Ocean set.

Thy son is in a foreign clime

Where Ida feeds her countless flocks,

Far from thy dear, remembered rocks,

Worn by the waste of time–

Comfortless, nameless, hopeless save

In the dark prospect of the yawning grave....

Woe to the mother in her close of day,

Woe to her desolate heart and temples gray,

When she shall hear

Her loved one’s story whispered in her ear!

“Woe, woe!’ will be the cry–

No quiet murmur like the tremulous wail

Of the lone bird, the querulous nightingale–

I will continue this research and post what i find 8-)

Wow, just wow! This has got my brain firing on all cylinders!

Don't know if this will help but ive been researching about James Forrestal and his death. There isnt much that you havent covered by his death but i thought i'd ad this poem, which was his apparent 'death note'.

I will continue this research and post what i find 8-)

thanks AWE, for the contribution. and indeed, post what you find :mrgreen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST A LIL' UPDATE:

Found this awesome BBC documentary on Lake Vostok. Enjoy! (included in OP as well)

X1AeiIxyi9c

link for mobile: http://youtu.be/X1AeiIxyi9c

• 8 months later...