Denizens Started off as an Experiment, Proof in the Map

optimus555

The State Quality Mark of the USSR was the official Soviet mark for the certification of quality established in 1967.

This at least gives us a parameter to work with, which is nice.

I would check somewhere besides Wikipedia first, but at the moment it seems like Tac might have to update his Date of the Maps thread with Nuketown/Moon taking place between January and Juny of 1967.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The State Quality Mark of the USSR was the official Soviet mark for the certification of quality established in 1967.

This at least gives us a parameter to work with, which is nice.

I would check somewhere besides Wikipedia first, but at the moment it seems like Tac might have to update his Date of the Maps thread with Nuketown/Moon taking place between January and Juny of 1967.

Dr. Peter Rutland earned his PhD in York in the UK and he is a Professor of Soviet and East European Studies and deals with all things Russian. He wrote a book in 2009 and he says the mark was established in 1967, so I will take that as a legitimate source. Thread is being updated now.

Just for clarifications sake the OP said that there is a hole behind one of the cages suggesting one of the creatures escaped into the lab behind the first window. I've checked and double checked and no such hole exists. There is a blood splatter on the wall behind the age when you first come down into the pack a punch room that looks like a hole but it's just blood. Suggesting they didn't escape but were possibly released on purpose.

I'm real interested in your theories so keep up the good work! Just wanted to point that out.

Just for clarifications sake the OP said that there is a hole behind one of the cages suggesting one of the creatures escaped into the lab behind the first window. I've checked and double checked and no such hole exists. There is a blood splatter on the wall behind the age when you first come down into the pack a punch room that looks like a hole but it's just blood. Suggesting they didn't escape but were possibly released on purpose.

I'm real interested in your theories so keep up the good work! Just wanted to point that out.

This destroys alot of stuff if it's true. Someone get PICS!

I think you're looking too far into it. In Kino der Toten, we were fortunate to be given the exact cause of the outbreak: a barrel being knocked over. In most maps however, we just have to assume they somehow got out of control.

I think you're looking too far into it. In Kino der Toten, we were fortunate to be given the exact cause of the outbreak: a barrel being knocked over. In most maps however, we just have to assume they somehow got out of control.

WHAT? WHAT THREAD IS THIS IN?!

Anyway,we need to set up some kind of "research mission" into the PAP room at some point to see what we can find if we all look together. Tac? Murder? IncestLithium? Optimus Rhyme? When you guys available?

Yeah its hard to tell if it's a blood spatter or not. It could be either or. But does it matter? What we DO know is that they were transporting these things in and out of the region. Remember if you look in the windows they have these cages on dollies right near the warehouse roller doors. Maybe when the trains crashed they would of escaped. Either way there is no denying that the denizens are a product of laboratory manipulation/experimentation, it just seems to be the norm for when Treyarch introduces a new enemy in map.

EDIT - I play on PC if anybody wants to search for clues I can add you on steam.

I don't think it matters, I just wanted to be clear. Turn your brightness up a bit, that is not a hole, that is blood splatter.

I think your theories on this are interesting, and personally I think you guys are writing Treyarchs storyline for these little creatures. Base everything on as much fact, history, etc.. that you can and consolidate everything into a solid story. Maybe it will become more than just a theory in the future.

What we DO know is that they were transporting these things in and out of the region. Remember if you look in the windows they have these cages on dollies right near the warehouse roller doors. Maybe when the trains crashed they would of escaped.

Sounds plausible... But how could the Denizens in the PAck-A-Puch room have escaped then?

(RRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLYYYYY stretching it here)

Perhaps after escaping the train the Denizens went on a rampage there, making their way into the power plant (the trains are very close to the plant) and somehow cutting off the power there, which cut the power in the PAP room,leading to the separate massacre and the escape of the Denizens there.

After their hunger for revenge/food/ was satisfied/they stopped killing people,they then headed out into the wilderness,(again reminiscent of the jungles they had been accustomed to,or perhaps simply in search of food,although the latter is unlikely,as they could have killed the citizens of the Green Run Area.)

One thing we DO KNOW however, is that the Denizens existed long before the nuke hit, because the Hunter's Cabin has Denizen skulls in it.

So,to avoid the bright light of the sun (which their large eyes can't stand), they began to journey underground. Perhaps only coming out at night. When the nukes hit, they found the world above covered in a dense fog, obscuring the blinding light of the sun. And so, they attack us, seeking out food once more.

What the nukes did to their tunnel system is another mystery altogether. Whatever is down there causing us to teleport is obviously non-lethal, as they are able to survive in it,(as are we, as we teleport through it).

I'd like to refer back to a post someone made earlier about how the energy from the light coming from the streetlights shining directly into the holes reacts with the stuff (possibly some kind of supercharged or concentrated 115?) and form weak teleporters, hence them only working once.

The Denizens seem to have no knowledge of this, most likely due to the fact that the light that would be required would blind them and they would shy away.

Hey guys I'm kinda new to the forum, but last night I was playing Green Run and ran to the abandoned Bowie Knife hut, there are monkey skulls everywhere there, leading me to believe that the denizens are part primate and failed experiments went to the hut or it's just another place where they held them,I kinda had one of,those ah-ha moments when I saw that :D lol

• 1 month later...

Read the first page only, and skimmed the last page so sorry if it's posted before.

To counter the monkey theory (a good one btw) I had an idea from reading MurderMachine's theory.

There has been a theory for awhile now that Argotha (sp) or the civilization under the earth has played a part in the zombie story. I suggest you go read his topic if you are confused.

My idea was, perhaps once the missiles hit earth, it destroyed Argotha, which has been abandoned for awhile (it's people left earth and never returned) so once they are gone, ofcourse other life forms will thrive anywhere a human can, so these evolved "monkeys" became night creatures, giving them the large eyes and nimble body structures.

It's my idea that these Denizens were to new inhabitors of Argotha and became large in numbers. Once the missiles hit, Argotha was destroyed by the lava from the earths core, pushing them to the surface. This is how I think they were discovered and experimented on.

So to the theory of having them tested on I can agree, but to say they were engineered could be debatable, and I feel my idea would be a good mirrored topic. Once the zombies came, the town was abandoned and in the midst of the chaos, the denizens escaped, to breed and now inhabit the earths surface.

The eyes are obviously because they lived underground, this is a very common trait in most creatures who live in dark or underground areas. The fact they come out of the ground tells me they have superior hearing (like tremors if you remember that movie) to compensate for their sensitive eye sight.

If you look at their legs you'll notice the structure is wrong for a monkey. The noise they make doesn't resemble a monkey in the slightest. And the fact they don't come from the trees, or that they cannot climb at all is another hint that perhaps they are not from monkeys.

So to me, they were an alien creature from Argotha, pushed from their homes from Maxis's missiles, some were captured and once the zombies reached green run, escaped when their captors were dying. From that, we are now enemies to them.

Ive actually posted on this before. Who knows where it ended up after they shuffle all the forums around, but I had similar theories regarding denizens.To sum up what my other post said basically; We know that the PaP Labs and the Power Room labs are inter connected either directly or simply through design and function. Personally I believe that there is in fact a railway connecting the two with a larger network of sites. We see the cages and we see the mess along with panels from doors or the ceiling showing physical evidence of an escape of some kind. I also believe the denizens to be genetically engineered with the intent of creating super soldiars by the American government. My logic being this : The US has "paper clipped" alot of scientists and data regarding 935 and 115. The saw their shortcomings and decided to resume experomentation without making the same mistakes as the germans. The US scientists decide to genetically engineer the super soldiars from scratch as apposed to taking grown men and trying to brain wash them. I think the denizens were designed to be humans with immunity or high tolerance to 115 by way of ingraining the 115 into their dna structure somehow. This is part of the reason we get teleporters from them. This process would also hypothetically make them put under Richtofen's control or at least his influence as it seems that 115 is STILL the key to everything.