Marlton, part of the original crew?

TubbiPack

*ALL CREDIT GOES TO 17GINGERNINJA*

I was recently watching a new video from NGT and this is what he said in the comments...

My theory is that Marlton was part of the original gang with Richtofen,Tank, Nikolai and Takeo, there is loads of evidence that leads to it aswell. For instance; he says "They asked me to leave? I was the one who reported the scuffing behavior...makes no sense". Just like when you play as the original characters (Richtofen etc..) they are always arguing and blaming eachother for them being surrounded by zombies and constantly being teleported.

Also in Kino, there are pictures of each of the characters, then there is one at the end that is a silhouette, and when you press X on it, someone says "Till we meet again friend" which leads me to believe that they did meet again on Moon, where he was asked to get away from them i.e. return to earth and maybe he arrived in Nuketown, which is why the moon easter egg is going on at the same time as Nuketown zombies.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I don't necessarily believe this, but I will keep it in the back of my mind. It's possible that if he met them back then, he has not aged, just like they haven't. The only thing is that I wouldn't be able to figure out when they banished him or how he really fits into the story. Good idea though to the creator of it, interesting indeed.

Dude, no. NGT even confirmed that the storyline is probably that Marlton was working as an electrical engineer at Groom lake and living near by when a nuke testing went downhill and he escaped to a backyard fallout shelter he created for himself.

First, NGT doesn't have anything to do with Treyarch so they can't confirm anything.

Second, "Confirmed that the storyline is probably..." Those two words don't go together.

• Administrators

Someone tell me about the mexican character project that failed?

Essentially, that sentence alone is all we know lol. Dr. Richtofen was working on this "Mexican subject" and te spleen fell out, making it then failed. Richtofen then received Tank Dempsey as a replacement.

this thread is ridiculous

No sir, YOU taking the time out of your life to write that disappointingly small response is the ridiculous thing here. You'd think you would at least take the time to use proper conventions. Maybe you'd use this knowledge of yours to give reasons as to why this cannot be possible. Who knows, maybe instead of leaving a rude comment you'd just shake your head and move on. So take heed this reminder and be a little more productive, instead of destructive.

Now, as to the topic at hand. I think, although it may be quite possible, I wouldn't yet believe it. Not enough there for me, but like Tac said, it is definitely something I'll keep in the back of my mind. I would find it more believable right now that there could be a contingent surviving deep within the Nuketown shelter that kicked him out, or perhaps people at Groom Lake, or maybe even it's a reference to the other characters in our group, I'm not sure if they have positive or negative feelings towards him but it's possible he is highly disliked by at least one of the other four. Who knows? I will keep your idea in mind though, we know our crew lost their memory before, and although he doesn't seem to be the Mexican test subject, it is possible he was a subject and then escaped and the 115 cleared him from even Richtofen's memory. He easily could have overloaded a teleporter in an attempt to get far, far away from our beloved Doctor, and dropped himself in the 60s/2025s/whenever TranZit takes place.

I can't picture Marlton, his personality and all, with four badasses such as Rictofen, Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo. Doesn't seem to fit at all. :|

Hence the fact that he was banished? Maybe he couldn't take the heat and backed out, or was kicked out because he was too unwilling to get his hands dirty? I don't believe the theory entirely. However, just because it is unlikely doesn't mean it is impossible, and it does fit for the most part. I'll keep it in mind!

O-- Okay... While I can agree that we all need to be civil here... Sorry, but I seriously can't see this...

I wish I could provide you a specific reason why you are wrong, but it would be like trying to pinpoint exactly why JFK and Jesus never drank beer together on the weekends. Just too many for me to pick.

Yeah-I'm not going to go through each post to see if this was brought up. But Marloton says that exact same quote in Tranzit, so it don't really mean anything. I'll admit its a clever theory to add to his Backstory but to say that Marloton was infact part of the Original Four is just plain stupid. I think Dempsey would of Shot him if he was part of the Group.

We have been given very limited backstory & ingame facts for BO2 so anything at this point is plausable.

But like what jaeger1999 said - "Dempsey would of shot him already"

I'll throw my thoughts of where & how I think Marlton may have ended up in the Shelter at Nuketown.

The Americans may have been experimenting making zombies (for the cold war?) just like Maxis was (WW2).

Marlton may have been a scientist @ either Groom Lake or Jackass Flats & was the first to realise that they are dangerous to control.

The word "scuffing" is the operative word here.

If he was banished/fired? Maybe he realised that the safest place for a Zombie breakout in all of the Nevada test range, was in a Nuclear shelter?

Man I just want some factual ingame info...

Interesting theory. I guess I can add mine.

So I'm thinking of a timeline that would tie these maps together. So maybe we can all add a bit to this as I'm sure I've made some mistakes but here it goes.

The whole thing starts with the 2 explorers that go to Shangra-la, let's say 1910(not sure on that date). Those 2 get trapped in a time loop due to the presence of the 115 meteor.

Fast forward a few years, Nazi team discovers Shangra La and the element, collect it and return to Germany with the shards of the meteor. This begins Maxis and Richtofen's work with the 115 at Der Riese. Yea Zombies Time!

So now, the wonder weapons and the teleporting devices are being built, some of the Nazi research is stolen, and I would say the events of Nacht and Shi No Numa are happening around the same time. This all leads evidence to Richtofen starting to collect his subjects for his super solder program using the 115. Once subjects are collected he begins brainwashing them at Verruckt.

Meanwhile, Maxis is progressing on his projected and creates the 2nd teleporter at Kino. So now Der Riese and Kino tele's are supposed to be connected. The wheels fall off the whole project. Zombies are now out of control and the original group of 4 start teleporting, which we believe has them jumping timelines.

Fast Forward another dozen years or so. The research stolen from the Nazi team by americans and russians, begins their projects with 115. This is where Ascension and Five are taking place. With both countries using this tech with the space program.

So now our time travelers, that left in let's say the 40's, finally appear in present day and our locked in a room in Siberia(Call of the Dead). Once assisted by 4 celebs, they are ripped out of that time, and then sent to Shangra La(unsure of time frame of when they arrive) But Richtofen, collects the 2nd piece he now needs to work his master plan. Our trusty travelers, are then shot forward in time again.

Now by this time, the US is getting better with their built teleportation pad, and somehow, our original 4 are pulled to Area 51 where the US's tele Pad is setup. This I believe is after Call of the Dead, and probably around 2025, if we are to believe Nuketown is taking place in 2025. Also appears to be a lot of newer tech during Moon.

Now let's take a second to clear some stuff up. First the zombies have already been recorded as real, at least by the governments of the US, Russia, Japan, Germ.

If you remember and for those who haven't played it yet, when you play Nuketown 2025, the comic book page that shows during the loading screen, shows a large device centered at a crater, that appears to by at the Nuketown site. I know when you play Nuketown it appears that it is a Nuke that has gone off, and that Nuketown could be taking place during the 40's-50's when the use was testing a lot of Nukes. I disagree with that. I think if you are going create a device that could control zombies(which I think the US was working on, since hey free army!) A great place to build something like that would be in an area that is pretty off limits to the public and Nuketown seems like a safe enough place to do this experiment.

So the US builds the device, and meanwhile, our original team is now on the Moon with Richtofen(as heard during Nuketown 2025) Now, this brings me to the New crew, or more specifically Marlton. I believe he was part of the team that helped build the zombie control device that was being tested at Nuketown. But obviously something went wrong with the test and the whole thing went kablooy. Which of course if you are there testing it and needed a safe place to hide, why the fallout shelter that is in Nuketown is a pretty safe place. So Marlton is in the fallout shelter, probably with some other employees. Oh and the device that explodes of course is run off of ele 115, thus the zombie outbreak in Nuketown and helps to explain the mushroom cloud over the area.

Marlton has some issues with tight spaces, and his personal space in general, which leads to him being kicked out of the fallout shelter(as observed by his comments from the fallout shelter in Nuketown), most likely by the other employees.

So original team is working away on the Moon, Marlton is just booted from the fallout shelter. Right around, round 6-10 you can here our familiar Bus honking his horn. I believe this is where Marlton goes. He gets booted from the shelter and then jumps on the bus, who already have, Misty, Russman, and the other guy(Possibly, or some of them could still be picked up on the way to green run.)

As you see from the map selection screen, the Area 51(Nuketown)site and Green Run sites, are separated by a bit of distance. One being in the Pacific NW and the other in Vegas area of Nevada.

Oh and right around rd 25 on Nuketown, Richtofen finally gets control of the zombies on Moon. Proven by the voice change and eye color change during gameplay of that map. So this is where our original team is left off at. They could still be up there or they may have found a way to tele back to a different teleportation pad. But irregardless, our new team, is already or being formed on the way to Green Run.

Now during Green Run, we are unsure of how long it took the bus to drive from Nuketown to Green Run, but we can guess, a few weeks, to months.

So I think our original crew, if still in our timeline, could easily be alive, but just lost somewhere. Or based on the way the have been pulled around in time, they could really end up any place, if indeed they decided to teleport.

While our new team, is starting to get involved with Richtofen's or Maxis's plan, based on the EE for green run.

Whew that is a lot. Oh and I don't want to discourage anyone's idea that Misty maybe a descendent of Tank. That could hold true. We did not know if Tank had a family back in his timeline, prior to him getting captured. Could be that Misty is still a great granddaughter of Tank. But who knows.

Ok feel free to start tearing this a part.

I can't picture Marlton, his personality and all, with four badasses such as Rictofen, Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo. Doesn't seem to fit at all. :|

Hence the fact that he was banished? Maybe he couldn't take the heat and backed out, or was kicked out because he was too unwilling to get his hands dirty? I don't believe the theory entirely. However, just because it is unlikely doesn't mean it is impossible, and it does fit for the most part. I'll keep it in mind!

Marlton cowering in the back while Dempsey rains lead hell into flesh-maggots seems hilarious.

Oh and a few other thoughts.

So since our original crew have been treated and our attuned to the element 115. It is safe to assume, that is what is causing them to jump through time to areas that have concentrations of the 115.

With that said, we do not know when the original meteor hit the earth. If Treyarch really wants to have some fun, they could mentioned in a DLC, that the meteor landed back in the Dino age.

So Meteor hits, Dinos in the area become ZOMBIE DINOS and begin to eat the living ones. Once the live ones are dead, the zombie Dinos also die due from lack of food of a thousand years or so. Bang, now you have a explanation as to why the Dinos all disappeared. And how much fun it would be to fight the zombie Dinos!

Oh and another quick comment. Our original crew on the moon when they shoot the missiles to earth, in hopes to stop Richtofen. I think what then happened was the super powers on earth notice incoming missiles, and shoot back at the moon, thus destroying it. The would explain the opening screen to zombies. The asteroid belt that now surrounds the earth, also why the earth is a total mess. Since 3 Nukes probably couldn't have done all that damage.

So either the original crew teleported off before that happened or they are dust in the cosmos.

So since our original crew have been treated and our attuned to the element 115. It is safe to assume, that is what is causing them to jump through time to areas that have concentrations of the 115.

With that said, we do not know when the original meteor hit the earth. If Treyarch really wants to have some fun, they could mentioned in a DLC, that the meteor landed back in the Dino age.

So Meteor hits, Dinos in the area become ZOMBIE DINOS and begin to eat the living ones. Once the live ones are dead, the zombie Dinos also die due from lack of food of a thousand years or so. Bang, now you have a explanation as to why the Dinos all disappeared. And how much fun it would be to fight the zombie Dinos!

Oh and another quick comment. Our original crew on the moon when they shoot the missiles to earth, in hopes to stop Richtofen. I think what then happened was the super powers on earth notice incoming missiles, and shoot back at the moon, thus destroying it. The would explain the opening screen to zombies. The asteroid belt that now surrounds the earth, also why the earth is a total mess. Since 3 Nukes probably couldn't have done all that damage.

So either the original crew teleported off before that happened or they are dust in the cosmos.

Some fan made a fake trailer claiming that dinos would be in the game. Your theory reminds me of that video. Are you the creator of that video?

Some fan made a fake trailer claiming that dinos would be in the game. Your theory reminds me of that video. Are you the creator of that video?

LOL sorry but I am not. It would be kind of difficult to put wall weapons that far back in time though. But, I suppose the box and perks could follow you, since they were all created with the 115 as well.