How many maps?

Okay...here we go.

Since BLOPS II details started coming through we got some hints towards zombie maps. For many it started here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy17fTZriog

Here we got a view of a town which brought a few speculations and theories about a dinner and a church which was suitably called "The Map"

(NOT my image!, taken from google as couldn't find the forum version)

We now go ahead in time and we turn up at the reveal of the hardened and care package edition of BLOPS II. This revealed to us a new zombie map Nuketown Zombies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcijQmOkam8

Now skip to the present, we've been given 4 (almost 5) audio files along with a sneaky preview of zombies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVxDid8qMgA

So I want to ask you throughout all of this which fits where.

Is Nuketown zombies the map Treyarch are giving us as a preview? (the bus could be perceived as the bus from Nuketown along with some of the recent screen shots)

^ That red car coming from the wall could be the one from Nuketown.

Is "The Map" the map we're seeing in the preview as one HUGE map that can be accessed via bus as it is too big to walk around?

OR are these simply three maps that stand alone? "The Map", "Nuketown Zombies" and "The bus driver map"

Bear in mind though we do have the addition of 4z4 maps & traditional maps so one or more of these maps could be specific. (so the map could be a 4z4 as it did look like it had enough space and a decent layout)

Tell me what you think about all this!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will only be two maps. Nuketown and The map. I believe the one with the zombie is the map.

Very good point but we do get a map for beating the campaign. So my theory is since Nuketown is DLC we will be getting 3. I think we will have "The Map" and what I'm dubbing the "Poster Map" which is the chick standing on the rubble, and the bonus for beating the campaign. So if we add all of those together we get 4!

^ This was part of the first 'The Map' trailer we got a few months back. To me, it really looks like the tunnel we see the Bus driving into in the teaser trailer of last week.

I can only conclude that 'The Map' is Transit and is indeed the only map that we are getting, with Nuketown as an extra DLC. The map has to be huge though, since we haven't seen anything of the city yet as seen in the original dev trailer.

I think we will get The Map and Nuketown, AND an uber secret bonus map for beating the campaign that they haven't told us about. Think about it: WaW, you beat the campaign and go straight into zombies, unlocking Nacht der Untoten. Black Ops, you beat the campaign and go straight into zombies, unlocking "Five". It's a zombies tradition at this point. It's a SECRET map, it only makes sense that they wouldn't have told us about it yet ;)

Could be Green Run?But then what about the rumored 4v4?Will it just be on the multiplayer maps?

4z4 is not rumored, it's confirmed. Having it on the multiplayer maps would just be stupid, I feel like they'll put it on the regular zombie maps. Sidenote: I feel like the 4z4 would be perfect on the classic maps. It would be great to experience those old maps with new challenges. Just sayin ;)

You're being dangerously close to talking about leaked information by bringing up the Green Run... But the Green Run was an event that took place at the Hanford site, which is what I'm 99.9% sure "The Map" is. So that wouldn't be its own map, if it has any correlation to the story (which, being a mysterious conspiracy theory, would only make sense) it would be part of "The Map".

I'm gonna guess three maps in total:

"The Map" which is also the map in the Preview

Nuketown Zombies

Super secret map for beating the campaign

HOWEVER, take into the account the rumoured zombies campaign. If this proves to be true, then it could be we get the first two maps and the campaign instead. A lot of time would have to go into that, so it would be reasonable in my opinion.