Ascension Poster Debate - Richtofen or Someone Else?

I'm starting this thread because it is a debate that is interrupting some nice theory-building on another thread. So, those of you who still want to argue who the man on the Ascension poster is, have at it!

EDIT: As per request, there's now a poll. To be honest, I'm a bit undecided about this topic myself....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at the other thread.

yeah i guess. http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=23879 but anyway i'll post my stuff.

This is the guy on the FS poster

and this Richtofen

as well as this

now this is the guy from the CODZL video

now tell me which one does the FS poster guy look more like?

Also for those who say why would it be anyone else but Richtofen?

You do realize that the actor is probably special FX scars(would they be called prosthetic scars). and why that outfit? why not give him a more Sciencey outifit? I mean its not like it has to be a soldier who tests the guns. Why would they go out of their way to make this actor look more like the guy on the poster? Contemplate that and re-evaluate your decision.

I like this. :) Good job guys. I'm proud of how constructive you're trying to make this.

I personally believe it does look a lot more like the CoDZL guy than Richtofen, however I can see with a certain margin of error it could look close to Richtofen. Just the stronger facial structure, and the poster man looks completely bald to me, not buzz cut, or receding hairline. He looks bald to me. That's all I've got though. I'll be keeping an eye on you guys.

HammerFace, can we get some pictures of what Richtofen looked like in Ascension? That might provide us with a better comparison to the poster than a picture of him in Kino and the SNN loading screen.

i've already looked and there are slim pickings - one thing i did notice in a thread here was that in ios kino, richt was wearing the same outfit/blood on his face. i'll log into the game and take some pictures right meow.

Just look at the other thread.

yeah i guess. http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=23879 but anyway i'll post my stuff.

This is the guy on the FS poster

and this Richtofen

as well as this

now this is the guy from the CODZL video

now tell me which one does the FS poster guy look more like?

Also for those who say why would it be anyone else but Richtofen?

You do realize that the actor is probably special FX scars(would they be called prosthetic scars). and why that outfit? why not give him a more Sciencey outifit? I mean its not like it has to be a soldier who tests the guns. Why would they go out of their way to make this actor look more like the guy on the poster? Contemplate that and re-evaluate your decision.

i understand wanting it to be someone other than richtofen for the sake of twisting the storyline, but it looks like richtofen to me.

think about it this way. when you saw that poster the first time, assuming you were following zombies when first strike was released, there would be absolutely no reason to think that it wasn't richtofen. which it is supposed to be richtofen anyway, but regardless, its simply coincedence that the guy in the codzl video (in some people's, not mine, opinion) bears a resemblance to the man that the artist painted in richtofen's place on the poster.

now get this straight, i'm not discounting the fact that the guy in the codzl video may be a character from zombies, but not anyone who has been in any posters or existing maps

actually i had my doubts, back when the poster alone came out, i was one of the people who questioned him. and its fine that you think its that, and i think you mistook my re-evaluate your answer as me meaning: now understand that youre wrong and im right. what i meant was now that you have this information take a step back and think is that your final answer if so cool, if not even better. and i do see that there could be a coincidence if the actor actually had those scars, but if he didnt. If this actor had these scars put on him then that means its not a coincidence. it means they purposefully made him look like this guy.

Exactly, Tankeo. There's no way anyone can say that Richtofen's bone structure is anything close to that of the guy on the poster.

whereas ZL guy's bone structure matches pretty perfectly, even down to the chin dimple. also i was gonna ask you to remove the Other option on the poll since i didnt think there was anyone else in the zombies universe that couldve been in the poster, but apparently there is.

Mystery member who voted other tell us who you believe it is in the poster/

• Moderators

So, I wrote a well sized response wanted to preview it and for some weird reason I got logged out. :? I will try to re write this as good as I can...here we go:

So,for the sake of this thread I will write my take on this once more.

-The four characters.

We can all agree on the fact,that there are Takeo,Nikolai and Tank on that poster.

Having anyone other,than Richtofen doesn't make any scence.

-Artworks

Artworks tend to be off with what/who they are supposed to represent (not all the time,but sometimes). Mainly because artworks are supposed to show your team how things/places/people/weapons could look like. Artworks are basically concepts or a "prototype" of something. And Richtofen just was the poor guy who got changed the most. And to say that the others have been done perfectly or that they have been drawn "spot on" is wrong.

-The infamous soldier ( :P ) and the labs

So people are assuming that the soldier is the guy on the left.

Which is the same soldier who has made a one time apperance in a fun-trailer to promote the dlc. He appeared in a lab which is ( I am 100% assuming this,tell me this is wrong if it is) on the earth and not on moon. But why are there zombies that look like the zombies on moon? I think it is because this trailer was never really meant to be taken seriously. (let alone a promo poster for a map pack)

-The similarities

Now this is the the most difficult thing to be proven wrong.

And this section is based on assumptions. (which is fitting because an assumption started this whole epic discussion :lol: )

So,Richtofen has a scar on his right cheek (from his perspective) right?

The soldier in the trailer has one on his left cheek.

Now on the poster people see a scar on his left cheek (again from his perspective)

I am going balls to the walls now :lol: Richtofen looks very messy on Ascension,which obviously has been decided on the poster aswell. I think that scar isn't a scar,but just dirt...dam dam daaaaam.

This is my take on it,for now.

Artist Rendition. It's Richtofen.

The weapons are wrong. Novas are wrong. Richtofen's face is off (to be honest Niko's face looks a bit off too). There's plenty of reasons why the poster is off. If you wanted to you could tear the poster apart finding all the things wrong with it.

It's like the CotD trailer where dual sawed off shotguns and a machete can be seen as weapons, but they're not in the map. This is like arguing that those weapons are actually hidden in the map somewhere.

Lol. It's an artist rendetion guys. That's without a doubt 100% Richtofen on the poster. Seriously guys, c'mon.