GUNS dont travel back in time.

This has been on my mind for a while: Guns in the maps that are newer than the time period. Ill be using Kino for this thread. Its supposed to take place sometime in the '60s.

Look at these examples:

SPAS 12: Shotgun from the box. BUT was never invented until 1980.

CZ75: Gun (s) from the box. BUT they were never invented until 1975.

AUG: Assault rifle from the box, or the wall if you play on wii. Never invented until 1978.

FAmas: Assault rifle from the box. Not invented until 1978, also.

AKS-74u: Wall SMG. Was never invented until 1974.

HK21: Box MG, never invented until 1970.

L96A1: Box sniper. Never invented until 1985.

I beleive Kino der Toten was supposed to take place in 1965,(?, correct me if Im wrong) so this leads me to wonder why they have guns in it from up to 20 years in the future.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simple actually. The box is not controlled by are hero's but rather by Sam. Sam pretty much see's the guns as "toys" for are hero's to use, and like most little kids she picked the "toys" that seemed the coolest. Given the fact that Sam was some what of a omnipotent being, she had the power to put guns in the box that were not even invented yet simple because she wanted to. So theoretically any guns from any point of time can be used in zombies even if they are horribly out dated or not even invented yet!

Quite simple actually. The box is not controlled by are hero's but rather by Sam. Sam pretty much see's the guns as "toys" for are hero's to use, and like most little kids she picked the "toys" that seemed the coolest. Given the fact that Sam was some what of a omnipotent being, she had the power to put guns in the box that were not even invented yet simple because she wanted to. So theoretically any guns from any point of time can be used in zombies even if they are horribly out dated or not even invented yet!

Ha.

Muskets.

I would DIE.

:lol:

This is a good explanation but the wepons being in the wrong time era has nothing to do with the zombies timeline as they conflict with the campain timeline aswell

Yes you could think that it does not matter, but then to be fair we should really decide that nothing matters. No background noises should matter, they are only for gameplay purposes, no perks matter, only for gameplay purposes, no environments would matter, only for gameplay purposes. Dismissing this, would be lazy. We need an explanation, you can not just look at any wrinkles in what we thought we knew and just dismiss it by saying that it does not matter because it does not fit with what we already have. People have so many interesting theories about the Wonder Weapons, well if none of these guns matter because Sam can just pull them from anywhere, then none of those guns matter either. It really is that simple.

But where exactly should we draw the line? If you remember the debate about the importance of the Kookaburra sound file versus the Hyena sound file in Shi no numa, why can we cast out one sound file and all of these guns but keep the other sound file and say that it is viable evidence? I really think that is being a tad too selective. Sure it fits, but in my opinion, when you are presented with new evidence you should reconstruct your case, not squeeze it in if it fits, or discredit it if it does not.

Yes you could think that it does not matter, but then to be fair we should really decide that nothing matters.

Dismissing this, would be lazy.

We need an explanation, you can not just look at any wrinkles in what we thought we knew and just dismiss it by saying that it does not matter because it does not fit with what we already have.

People have so many interesting theories about the Wonder Weapons, well if none of these guns matter because Sam can just pull them from anywhere, then none of those guns matter either. It really is that simple.

but if we find an explanation for the guns being in this time for zombies then that also has to apply for campaign as well

so it can not be anything super natural,

a.there must be a natural, logical explanation for them appearing in campaign so that same solution would work in zombies

or

b.we can dismiss it as it would restrict the choice of guns for campaign/zombie/multiplayer

either option you chose it doesn't affect anything elses meaning and nither is "being lazy" as there are no other option imho

True, but from the point of view of the map most of those other weapons do not exist yet either. What about the PaP'ed versions of the guns? None of those exist, are they still unimportant? If the result of PaP'ing is unimportant than is the PaP itself really important? I just really do not know where we can draw a line stating "this is strictly for gameplay" and "this is story related".

And I do not know the timeline of the campaign, but I seriously hope that Treyarch would have had viable reasoning for including certain guns in the campaign levels, and multiplayer has no really timeline or story. The events in Multiplayer could be occuring right now in a field somewhere. Dang LARP'ers....

I just really do not know where we can draw a line stating "this is strictly for gameplay" and "this is story related".

i don't think that line can ever be strictly drawn as this game isn't a reality, if 3arc make a mistake on one map that doesn't add up they can still publish that mistake and we will then have to disregard it or change the story to fit it

although if we look at it as a game then it is impossible to link up theroys as you said so that is why i hate looking into this sort of thing too deeply we are just going to confuse every thing

please disregard this comment as a serious statement as i am not good at looking into this sort of thing and talking about it

i think i might be going into some of the Absolute vs. Relative Truth stuff as well but if you want to discuss it i will try my best to make more sense :lol:

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=19044

Absolute vs. Relative truth, you say? :D

Anyway, I like the discussion. There should be some line, but hey, do we really know anything?

exctly :twisted:

i loved that thread especially Faust's comment, i had never actually thought about his point and now i do all the time :lol:

Yes you could think that it does not matter, but then to be fair we should really decide that nothing matters. No background noises should matter, they are only for gameplay purposes, no perks matter, only for gameplay purposes, no environments would matter, only for gameplay purposes.

This pretty much sums me up and I love zombies! I'm not into all these theories and storylines, just cool maps and weapons - which is why Shangri-La, Call of the Dead and Moon are amongst my favourite maps.

• Administrators

To me, the guns have absolutely no relevance at all to the time period we play in. There is no way to draw a line between what is story and what is not, it all depends on the person. Treyarch has made mistakes in the past and we overlooked those, so it can be done again. However, I do not look at this as a "mistake" because guns are essential to the game and how it is played. If we stuck to the time periods, half the stuff would be changed. While that is an exaggeration, you get my point.