Anyone already bored of MW3?

Daveyjone

I got MW3 yesterday, lets say I wasn't as exited as with Black Ops, but I wanted to get down and play.

Thing is, today i don't want to play it, I'm allready bored, and I think I know why.

3 hours in from starting it up, finished campaign on veteran, too easy. I imagine they wanted more people to have a chance. It was good, but it felt a bit... MW2 ish

5 hours, tried out Spec Ops and survival, they too seem a bit MW2 ish, recruit: get this and return it here, on hardened difficulty, get 2 things, veteran; do this while a juggernaught attacks you.

6 hours, multiplayer... All guns are exactly the same damage, take a clip to kill one person, and everything still feels... MW2 ish.

Is that why I'm allready bored? The only thing different was the campaign, which was short, or is it something else? I still am exited when playing black ops online, and even CoD4 gives a thrill every game and singleplayer mission...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got MW3 yesterday, lets say I wasn't as exited as with Black Ops, but I wanted to get down and play.

Thing is, today i don't want to play it, I'm allready bored, and I think I know why.

3 hours in from starting it up, finished campaign on veteran, too easy. I imagine they wanted more people to have a chance. It was good, but it felt a bit... MW2 ish

5 hours, tried out Spec Ops and survival, they too seem a bit MW2 ish, recruit: get this and return it here, on hardened difficulty, get 2 things, veteran; do this while a juggernaught attacks you.

6 hours, multiplayer... All guns are exactly the same damage, take a clip to kill one person, and everything still feels... MW2 ish.

I think of MW3 as a really big MW2 Map Pack.

Is that why I'm allready bored? The only thing different was the campaign, which was short, or is it something else? I still am exited when playing black ops online, and even CoD4 gives a thrill every game and singleplayer mission...

Hmm can't say I agree much with this at all. Although the campaign was a bit stale, Survival mode is a great edition and the multiplayer is better than ever. Of course it's gonna feel like MW2 knowing it's another MW. It's hard for it not to feel like the previous MW, but they'be made great changes. Point streaks, gun proficiencies, a load of new kill streaks. They've made a lot of changes for the better that's pretty evident once you've played multiplayer for awhile.

You should really give the multiplayer and survival mode more than an hour and you might start enjoying it. Black Ops had the best multiplayer so far, but MW3's blew it out the water.

There are some downsides don't get me wrong, but overall I think they did an excellent job on the game. Just my thought.

Hmm can't say I agree much with this at all. Although the campaign was a bit stale, Survival mode is a great edition and the multiplayer is better than ever. Of course it's gonna feel like MW2 knowing it's another MW. It's hard for it not to feel like the previous MW, but they'be made great changes. Point streaks, gun proficiencies, a load of new kill streaks. They've made a lot of changes for the better that's pretty evident once you've played multiplayer for awhile.

You should really give the multiplayer and survival mode more than an hour and you might start enjoying it. Black Ops had the best multiplayer so far, but MW3's blew it out the water.

There are some downsides don't get me wrong, but overall I think they did an excellent job on the game. Just my thought.

the reason i will always dislike IW is because of the wii version,there was none untill 3arc ported reflex. so BO

/rant

I think MW3 Multiplayer is decent, but abit laggy.

I would've liked to of seen a equipment slot return in create a class that would have the

Claymore, C4, Bouncing betty, Portable radar, Tactical insertion, Tophy system and scrambler in, Removing them from the Tactical or Lethal slot.

So your able to hold Semtex, concussion and claymore (or any of the others)

Also i would've liked the 'Portable radar' to act as a Camera spike, and to bring the Motion senser in.

I thought the Harrier strike would've came back from MW2, but i was dissapointed when it didnt.

Oh and i was pleased to see you could have different pointsreaks per class, unlike other COD games were the same 3 killstreaks applied to every class. I do think some of the Pointstreaks are usless, the IMS for example, in my opinion that should've been an equipment unlocked at around level 70.

I agree with Zaptn, I've been at it for two days now online and I actually I'm winning every match by miles, as an example I get an emp every life :D .

But still, I find it dull, it's the same style as MW2, look at the difference between cod5 and black ops! And the people I think are the real reason. The 5 year olds, extremist gamers and the ragers all seemed to leave black ops alone, but MW3's popularity has caused this to come back, as an example, I got a few hate messages through black ops, In one game on MW3 I got 7 on ground war :D, one from a teammate! Apparently I didn't let him get enough kills (came first with 40 kills, was lucky with a stealth bomber :mrgreen: ), and his message read:

-lots of profanity- quit hoarding all the kills, why don't you share some with your teammates spaz.

:facepalm:

I agree with Zaptn, I've been at it for two days now online and I actually I'm winning every match by miles, as an example I get an emp every life :D .

But still, I find it dull, it's the same style as MW2, look at the difference between cod5 and black ops! And the people I think are the real reason. The 5 year olds, extremist gamers and the ragers all seemed to leave black ops alone, but MW3's popularity has caused this to come back, as an example, I got a few hate messages through black ops, In one game on MW3 I got 7 on ground war :D, one from a teammate! Apparently I didn't let him get enough kills (came first with 40 kills, was lucky with a stealth bomber :mrgreen: ), and his message read:

-lots of profanity- quit hoarding all the kills, why don't you share some with your teammates spaz.

:facepalm:

HAHAHA holy crap, you guys win and that guy still complains. Classic.

You can't let the other types gamers playing ruin your experience though Shoreeeo ;) Just hit that mute button and continue with your game ya know? I honestly love it when people start complaing and yelling. I just look at them like are you serious? Hahaha dude calm down it's just a video game. :lol:

And it may be different for you guys on PS3, but I noticed just about as many annoying people on Black Ops as with MW3. But then again, it's hard for me to take notice as I just mute any annoying people before they get the time of day.

Funny though, since I wrote that first response, I've been having complaints with the MW3 MP. Now I can't seem to knife anyone after that patch, it's been laggy for half the matches now (even though everyone's got all bars)

I think MW3 Multiplayer is decent, but abit laggy.

I would've liked to of seen a equipment slot return in create a class that would have the

Claymore, C4, Bouncing betty, Portable radar, Tactical insertion, Tophy system and scrambler in, Removing them from the Tactical or Lethal slot.

So your able to hold Semtex, concussion and claymore (or any of the others)

Also i would've liked the 'Portable radar' to act as a Camera spike, and to bring the Motion senser in.

I thought the Harrier strike would've came back from MW2, but i was dissapointed when it didnt.

Oh and i was pleased to see you could have different pointsreaks per class, unlike other COD games were the same 3 killstreaks applied to every class. I do think some of the Pointstreaks are usless, the IMS for example, in my opinion that should've been an equipment unlocked at around level 70.

I actually love that you can't use Claymores along with lethal grenades. Sorta makes you think more on which one will be more important depending on the task at hand. Just me though.

I suppose, but a 'portable radar' for example, most people would choose something else in the Tacticl catagory over that, so its hardly going to get used. Personally i think the trophy system should've been swapped with the IMS, in games of Domination, all you'd have to do when capturing a flag, lie down, put a trophy system down and your safe from grenades to me it seems to useful to just be a equipment.

Lots of commas there haha :lol:

@OstonedshooterO

Yep, same here, I laugh my head off at nearly everything that happens! :lol:

And Zaptn is right, it does lag a LOT for me as well :D there was one yesterday, I knifed, missed, and so he shot me, but as I went into final stand I fell through the floor and teleported onto the roof! When I got up I took one step and died (showed the skull and crossbones suicide image at the bottom corner).

But what I am saying is that I am bored of it so much quicker than Black Ops, maybe Activision should try to make multiplayer look diffrerent? I mean on Black Ops, the art, colour and styles were all new, not MW or WaW, so it felt new, I love that it is like MW and MW2, but I've been playing surrounded by those styles since 2004... and maybe the reduction of things from Black Ops like being able to choose a random map rather than just two set ones...

I can agree with you on the campaign, but I believe it was supposed to be like the others to be the last one.

haven't tried spec ops much, but I'm surprised you could withstand 5 hours of it.

I think the multiplayer is great, a blend of all the modern warfares. It looks like MW2 but plays oddly different. If your a Treyarch MP fan, you won't like it much but if you an IW MP fan, you'll love it. The guns, I'm very pleased with, giving a lot of variety, unlike Black ops. Every gun was the same. AK47, Galil, Enfield, Commanda=same G11, M16=same famas,faug=same, mpl, specter, kiparis, mac, = same. etc. etc. But in MW3 They all have different fire rates, recoils, attachments,now even mobility varies, just a lot of great stuff.

In my mind, Treyarch is the new head of CoD, not IW. I know for a fact that when Josh Olin was questioned about Mw3 he simply chuckled and responded "Oh, you mean Modern Warfare 2.5?"

The funny thing is, I know where you know that from. (xJawz)

On topic: MW3 is an IW game for sure. The campaign is short, and I just don't like Spec Ops Survival. Just is boring imo. MP is great, looks like MW2 yet plays like CoD4. As for the kiddies, I have yet to ever get hate mail, probably because I stick in Kill Confirmed and SnD.

I dont like the campaign probably because i didnt like the campaign in black ops or MW2. I only played the black ops campaign to unlock 'FIVE'. The multiplayer is good, but its just the same as MW2 most of the maps resemble MW2 Maps, such as outpost and subbase from MW2. Fallen reminds me of Favela alot, probably because of them destroyed swings that are at the back of the map were Flag C would be on domination.

I havent had any stupid messages yet, but theres plenty time for them :lol:

I dont like survival, i thought that would completely own zombies in every aspect; however its quite the opposite. After wave 3, you unlock nothing unless you level up to use sentries and send in juggernauts etc. I enjoy spec ops because its different, however it seems like these are based of Campaign, I've just done the submarine bit on campaign and one of the spec ops missions might aswell be the same.

Im pleased with MW3, but it wont keep me as occupied for as long as black ops did.

I dont like the campaign probably because i didnt like the campaign in black ops or MW2. I only played the black ops campaign to unlock 'FIVE'. The multiplayer is good, but its just the same as MW2 most of the maps resemble MW2 Maps, such as outpost and subbase from MW2. Fallen reminds me of Favela alot, probably because of them destroyed swings that are at the back of the map were Flag C would be on domination.

I dont like survival, i thought that would completely own zombies in every aspect; however its quite the opposite. After wave 3, you unlock nothing unless you level up to use sentries and send in juggernauts etc. I enjoy spec ops because its different, however it seems like these are based of Campaign, I've just done the submarine bit on campaign and one of the spec ops missions might aswell be the same.

Im pleased with MW3, but it wont keep me as occupied for as long as black ops did.

I really got into the WaW campaign, saying as I bought it before I had online, so I also got really connected to the Black Ops campaign, being a huge fan of Reznov.

Ok, I really like MW3, more than I thought I would. Campaign is easily one of the best, Survival is ok, spec ops is still great, and Multiplayer is completely awesome. There is but one thing I do not like about this game, which also applies to MW2. I die WAY more than I should. In Treyarch games and CoD 4 I completely dominate, but these two really annoy me, if I ever make positive it's like 1 or 2 kills above. I don't care about KDR much, but I am not a fan of dying so much.

This is basically the idea I was trying to get across :D

Ive dumped about 14 hours total into the game so far. 8ish into survival, 2ish into campaign, and the other 4ish in MP. I love the game i think its great...BUT...i dont have that itch to just keep playing and playing and playing. i have no trouble at all when i want to stop playing MW3 and switch to battlefield. With BO and Zombies i never really wanted to play anything else. I dont think about the game while im at work like i did/do with zombies.

I wouldnt say im BORED with it yet but simply because of survival mode.

I personally love the survial mode. the only problem I have with it is that I've already reached the level cap :( and theres no prestige.

To those of you who are saying survival is boring, but haven't unlocked Sentries or Delta squads yet. lol That's like saying zombies is boring, but you've only gotten to round 10.

Stick with it once your team has a couple riot squads and a sentry or two going things can get pretty hectic.

I personally love the survial mode. the only problem I have with it is that I've already reached the level cap :( and theres no prestige.

To those of you who are saying survival is boring, but haven't unlocked Sentries or Delta squads yet. lol That's like saying zombies is boring, but you've only gotten to round 10.

Stick with it once your team has a couple riot squads and a sentry or two going things can get pretty hectic.

I have unlocked sentries, delta squads, and riotsheild squads and still think its boring. Its too repetative, yes zombies was but you could buy perks, packapunch and i found generally more fun and exciting

I tell u the FACTS about this COD.

I ll play it because is COD thats the only reason for this game!

But,all this support strikes is realy for 8 years old kids so they can get some strikes!!!

This make the game totaly unbalanced because u keep on dieing on fucking stilth bombers and jugernogs all time!!!Once you die you should not get any reward of strike!!!

They have changed the bacis rule of all CODs the STRIKES and it is realy bull....

If u set up assault strike they are almost usless expect of TDM domination and demolition!

Try play Kill confirmed with this strike!!!

Everybody just use support strikes and i hate that,they making the game playable for small kids!

It is not any more M rated game for me!!!

I am not happy at all abot MW3!Small maps.lag.usless strikes-no use for them,UMP rapid fire 90 percent of peolpe is using this shit.And wtf is the proficiency?Are u joking me??? 8 years can get the kill so put some kick on your gun to make it almast no recoil and set up support strike!!!

I will stick with it till next COD but i am not enjoing the game because is realy unbalanced!!!