AK-47 in COTD!!?

Okay so on the codz homepage there is a picture of COTD and the characters are holding a gun each. The girl is holding a death machine, one guy is holding a crossbow, another is holding a stakeout, an the last guy, the one on the left is holding an ak-47, I am sure of it. I am not sure if this has already been posted, I looked and couldn't find it but I am sorry if it has already been mentioned.

If this is true then treyarch really have been listening to what we are saying!

Thanks, adam120694.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I dont think that is ak-47 it looks like the ak-74u with attatchments. There are definitely more and new attatchments you can see all thru the trailer video.... I hope the AK-47 is on this map too... That gun owns. They need to get rid of the Famas on zombies, I love the Famas, but on zombies it blows.... ZOMBIES RULES... How bout a full blown Zombies Game??? HOW ABOUT A WaW ZOMBIES MAP PACK FOR BO??

Dude I dont think that is ak-47 it looks like the ak-74u with attatchments. There are definitely more and new attatchments you can see all thru the trailer video.... I hope the AK-47 is on this map too...

Dude, are you serious?! How is it not the ak47? Go to google images and type in ak74u; it looks nothing like it. Then type in ak47. It is that. Look at the barrel of it, (thats the front isn't it?) It's an ak47 with a grenade launcher. I'm sure. Trust me on this one.

Dude I dont think that is ak-47 it looks like the ak-74u with attatchments. There are definitely more and new attatchments you can see all thru the trailer video.... I hope the AK-47 is on this map too... That gun owns. They need to get rid of the Famas on zombies, I love the Famas, but on zombies it blows.... ZOMBIES RULES... How bout a full blown Zombies Game??? HOW ABOUT A WaW ZOMBIES MAP PACK FOR BO??

I are Dissapoint :facepalm:

Regards Cachorro

• 2 weeks later...

i really didnt bother to read past the double pics of the 74 and 47.

just because the gun in the game doesnt have the wood stock, doesnt mean that the 74 doesnt have one at all. If you have ever held a 74 you would know that there are many variables with it. the 47 is one solid weapon, and few variations have a detachable stock. the 74 on the otherhand has many changeable stocks, barrels, undercarriage attachments, and is overall a more modernized and interchangeable version of the 47.

This is a base AK-74. the AKS-74 has a folding stock, and the AKS-74u has a folding stock and shortened barrel. SO technically, the AK-74u would have a shortened barrel only.

This on the otherhand, is a AK-47, and to me, looks more shortened overall.

Now considering that the ak74 and variants are based of the AKM series(which m stands for modernized and was developed in 59) do you really want to base your knowledge of these weapons from a few crappy pics from a video game in order to define which is which?

i mean, we could really tackle every inconsistancy if you wish, such as the cz75s. the full auto attachment doesnt belong on this gun for this game, as IT WASNT DEVELOPED untill the late 80s and mass produced till 92. The LAW irl doesnt have a LOCK ON ability as its fiberglass and disposeable, therefore why waste computer tech. The SPAS 12 was not produced until 79. the Famas speed dial is on five round burst but fires full auto. The AUG didnt come around till steyr made them in the late 70s as they replaced the FN FAL (aka the STG 58)

I could list more but i feel like these words will still be wasted. and too tired for punctuation and grammer

i really didnt bother to read past the double pics of the 74 and 47.

just because the gun in the game doesnt have the wood stock, doesnt mean that the 74 doesnt have one at all. If you have ever held a 74 you would know that there are many variables with it. the 47 is one solid weapon, and few variations have a detachable stock. the 74 on the otherhand has many changeable stocks, barrels, undercarriage attachments, and is overall a more modernized and interchangeable version of the 47.

This is a base AK-74. the AKS-74 has a folding stock, and the AKS-74u has a folding stock and shortened barrel. SO technically, the AK-74u would have a shortened barrel only.

This on the otherhand, is a AK-47, and to me, looks more shortened overall.

Now considering that the ak74 and variants are based of the AKM series(which m stands for modernized and was developed in 59) do you really want to base your knowledge of these weapons from a few crappy pics from a video game in order to define which is which?

i mean, we could really tackle every inconsistancy if you wish, such as the cz75s. the full auto attachment doesnt belong on this gun for this game, as IT WASNT DEVELOPED untill the late 80s and mass produced till 92. The LAW irl doesnt have a LOCK ON ability as its fiberglass and disposeable, therefore why waste computer tech. The SPAS 12 was not produced until 79. the Famas speed dial is on five round burst but fires full auto. The AUG didnt come around till steyr made them in the late 70s as they replaced the FN FAL (aka the STG 58)

I could list more but i feel like these words will still be wasted. and too tired for punctuation and grammer

[brains] to you good sir for the well thought out and intelligent response with pictures. I can see now how remarkably similar the two guns look in real life. In reality it seems like the 74 is actually a longer gun overall. Great post man!

Why thank you. Most of this information was supplied by my brother who works with these guns, and he must know them well, since he is army intel recon. the rest was my own research via google and wikipedia.

I just felt kinda ticked off at the post at the time since a certain poster was previously a douche about things. So i had to prove them wrong. Funny how that seems to work.