WANTED: A New CoDz Moderator

carbonfibah

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about being on every day, but I'm definitely on a lot. I know you see me in the chat all the time. I've been around forums for the last 8 years, I'm not a spammer, I post smartly. I'm not one to start fights and there's really only one occasion that i've been in a fight on any forums, and it happens to everyone at some point. We're all still human.

I'd love to pitch in since this place has done so much for everyone.

Maybe you'll choose more than one person to moderate, it'd make things easier. Probably someone from the Uk and someone from the U.S so they're on at different time. covers the forums longer.

I might be a shoe-in for moderator as the only guy with experience, and I understand I'll have to dial back my crude sense of humor and not use swears, even self-edited ones...my rules...but that won't stop me from addressing something glaringly stupid, like Ghost's post asking to get banned.

Ghost, say what you want about Carbon, but let me be frank: he knows the heads of Treyarch, and you don't.

I would take up the role.

As Robash pointed out, a UK Mod would be useful for round the clock moderating.. perhaps a few UK Mods ;)

I'm 17, passionate about all things zombies and would thoroughly enjoy keeping these forums in top shape.

But I can suggest Mikeh again.. and he's from the UK!

Seems like Demon is winning the popularity contest thus far. :)

Age requirement doesn't change anything for my self-submission, I'll be 18 in May. I'm going to avoid being an introvert, since we're supposed to say why we'd make the ideal moderator, so here goes: I have the ideal moderating qualities because I have an enlightened sense of morality and comprehension of boundaries. I'm not the most active member on here with regard to posts, but having moderator status would indefinitely make me inclined to post more. That all said, I still easily see other members seizing the position before myself, considering their 1) Longer history here; 2) Greater familiarity with the forum.

All the best.

OG RJ

I think if you choose me i will help and mainly also to moderate chat as i always tell people to stop flaiming.. but they always reply " off." with moderator authority i think that could help chat. so whoever you choose make a chat moderator.

Is available, meaning has the time/ability to moderate the forums everyday.

I'm on every day, on topics and chat (so i could monitor chat all the time)

Is dependable, meaning I don't have to worry about your moderating actions.

like i said, i try to help, but most of the time im rebuked as i'm not a moderator.. :facepalm:

Is friendly, meaning an upstanding community member.

Come on, its me :D

Is a veteran, someone who has been on CoDz for a while and understands how we do things.

Been on every day since i joined... except when i went on holiday for a week once. thats got to help.

Is humble, meaning does not gloat, or use the mod status for anything other than helping me and the site.

I was the first person NOT to vote for myself on UOTM :D

Is understanding, meaning you understand my methods of doing things.

like i said, ive been on all the time so i see you moderating posts and on chat, i think i could follow your example reasonably well.

But if you dont pick me look at Whetstone, i thought that you made him moderator in training a while ago :| what happened?

I think if you choose me i will help and mainly also to moderate chat as i always tell people to stop flaiming.. but they always reply " off." with moderator authority i think that could help chat. so whoever you choose make a chat moderator.

Is available, meaning has the time/ability to moderate the forums everyday.

I'm on every day, on topics and chat (so i could monitor chat all the time)

Is dependable, meaning I don't have to worry about your moderating actions.

like i said, i try to help, but most of the time im rebuked as i'm not a moderator.. :facepalm:

Is friendly, meaning an upstanding community member.

Come on, its me :D

Is a veteran, someone who has been on CoDz for a while and understands how we do things.

Been on every day since i joined... except when i went on holiday for a week once. thats got to help.

Is humble, meaning does not gloat, or use the mod status for anything other than helping me and the site.

I was the first person NOT to vote for myself on UOTM :D

Is understanding, meaning you understand my methods of doing things.

like i said, ive been on all the time so i see you moderating posts and on chat, i think i could follow your example reasonably well.

But if you dont pick me look at Whetstone, i thought that you made him moderator in training a while ago :| what happened?

Whetstone made that in his avatar, that wasn't carbon's doing, carbon did however edit his avatar a little bit.

I am still a n00b, just joining over the summer.

I mainly just post in the forums and chat with other members. The mod title would put too much responsibility on my hands, i'll admit that. I work now, also, so I cannot guarantee I will be on everyday.

I'll just continue to dwell. :D

No Shoreyo, I copied the 'Moderator' badge thingy into my avatar so iit looked like I was a mod.. but carbon went in a edited it to 'Moderator in training'!

My avatar has since been modified again to cope with the black background of codz and he put in the wee brainz smiley too!

So I havent ever changed my avatar.. it was Carbon's doing!

well, i would like to volunteer for some mod powers. i know i just joined here, but i do think i was on the old forums, and i did donate here. so my intentions are good. and i do know i can come off as an ahole sometimes but thats just me and that's how i mod on other forums.

but im hoping we can at least find someone for the chat. because thats where i spend most of my day when im at work.

I can do it. Sorry if this will sound anal. Im mature. Im on the forums everyday (mostly when USA people are asleep). I try and keep the forums flame-free without being a mod. I know im not above 17 so that is the only minor thing.

But anyway, do you have any candidates yet Carbon?