Are you excited or not?

DancingZombie

Well after Modern Warfare 2 being such a let down, I'm not as hyped for this game as I probably should be. I know that black ops isn't made by IW but I am still feeling the dissapointment that mw2 scared me with. But then again, this might not be a bad thing because at least this way, if I was hyped up and the game was bad, I would feel let down again but because I'm not too excited, I won't care as much this time if the game turns out bad. So I guess I'm saying thank you Modern Warfare 2 for being such a fail :lol:

So, are you guys excited for Black Ops or not?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the brains :D

i thought it was spelled campaign? anyway, i am not sure if anyone saw the leaked footage, but so far its looking awesome. dont ask me for a link of it though because it is leaked and the mods will remove it if i post it.

i am sure whatever co op mode Treyarch make will be good. spec ops was meh. zombies will be great.

TBH no. After MW2 I don't see any point. Remember when people saw the MW2 multiplayer reveal everyone thought OMG this is perfect.. Yea so im not looking forward to Sept. 1 because its just gonna get hyped up no matter how bad it really is. And its kinda stupid having to rely on a 6-8 story and 4-5 co-op modes if the multilplayer don't you think? With my Assassins Creed Brotherhood im guaranteed for a 10-15 hour campaign with free roam(wich lasted me 5 hours in the last AC) and alot of collectables. And multiplayer that seems like it could last 30-40 hours.

Last year I was hyped for Borderlands ( which didn't dissapoint) so i paid no attention to mw2, I eventually got it around Christmas.

This is the first Cod I'm really excited for b/c the era his so much potential and treyarch has 200 developers working on it. And the new create a class has me stoked for September 1st.

im more excited for this than i was for mw2 but thats mostly do to the way the game looks mw2 looked kinda like a cartoon black ops does not and i like the recoil that the guns had in the teaser

i agree from what weve seen and know it looks like all the things that sucked have or are being fixed so im ten times more excited

At first I was really hyped. Then I saw GKNova6, and I was SUPER hyped! Then I saw the trailers and I was even more hyped. Then I waited and played Nazi Zombies and the hype kinda died down, and then the multiplayer came out and at first I was so hyped I almost crapped my pants, but then I became not hyped cause it looked like MW2. Now I'm not too hyped, but I get hyped when I think about Nazi Zombies. So I'm kinda hyped. I said hype 10 times.

I'm excited but then again I never bought Modern Fail 2 and only played it for about 2-3 hours at a friend's place...

So I guess I don't have the whole it looks like it's gonna be another MW2 thing w/multiplayer going on...

Just the same though I'm excited even if only for the shear fact that it is not made by Infinity Fail, well maybe that's just a factor as to why I'm excited but it's a big one...

Now knowing that the September 1st is just a stupid red carpet reveal, I'm dissappointed. Only allowing certain members of the community to play a game as hyped as this is a total let down, and I would expect more from trey. Unless they announce a Beta, I'm not as hyped as I would be. Will be watching the Ustream from Carbon though.

Now knowing that the September 1st is just a stupid red carpet reveal, I'm dissappointed. Only allowing certain members of the community to play a game as hyped as this is a total let down, and I would expect more from trey. Unless they announce a Beta, I'm not as hyped as I would be. Will be watching the Ustream from Carbon though.

Where can that be viewed? And does anyone know I treyarch is gonna put reveal footage up on their YouTube channel or something along those lines? My crappy of can't really handle live feeds.

Where can that be viewed? And does anyone know I treyarch is gonna put reveal footage up on their YouTube channel or something along those lines? My crappy of can't really handle live feeds.

Carbon said he'll be updating the homepage so keep checking there.

I wasn't hyped at all for MW2 as I could tell from the getgo that it was all just hype...

I eventually got it as a lot of my W@W buddies were playing, played for about 2 months then took that piece of crap back.

I've been excited about black ops since before MW2 was even released, but when I found out about the DLC exclusive deal with Xbox, i lost a lot of interest in the game especially seeing Treyarch follow the same BS marketing that MW2 had done just last year.

I don't really care for the Campaign in these types of games, but I do enjoy Treyarch's campaign modes much more. Furthermore, even though they are releasing the old zombie maps it is just a marketing ploy, one that is having a great affect on my decision to get this game. Although I am still doubtful that there will be more zombies I'm sure whatever co-op mode will be a lot of fun.

Presently I'm just waiting for the MP reveal and that will make or break this game for me. As I'm also planning on getting KZ3 when it releases early next year with 3Dtv and PS Move capabilities.

I wasn't disappointed by MW2. I didn't expect a long campaign, you know, seeing as how they said they wouldn't make one anyway, but it also felt less imbalanced - all three acts were about the same length, whereas the first MW was one long first act and two half-sized acts. On top of that, I wasn't gonna do, well, pretty much anything online, so I didn't so much care about the lack of dedicated servers as I would have otherwise.

Way I see it, MW2 delivered a solid experience, excellent story, great characters, badass weapons and cool scenes. My only gripe was that all those Taliban, favela militia, Ultranationalists and Shadow Company troopers I killed didn't come back out of the ground looking for revenge. And even then, given the nature of these dev cycles, I don't blame them...I mean, I don't judge WAW for sticking to WW2.

I was never excited for modern warfare 2. After playing World at War(Still play it every night), and Having to Deal with Ridiculous Fanboys who refuse to admit that Treyarch made a Better Call of Duty game then their Precious infinity ward, and then hearing and reading statements from infinity ward developers themselves bashing Treyarch and World at War, hearing how completely arrogant they were/are. It just put me off infinity ward and their games.

I still gave modern warfare 2 a chance though, even after being more and more disappointed by every video I saw, and being so utterly frustrated at the Cult-Like Following the game had, and still has. I got the game at the midnight release, and played the hell out of it for about a month, then I felt like vommiting. The Game was/is Horrible.

So, when it inevitably came back to Treyarch, and I found out they were creating a game to take place throughout the Cold War, a time period with a plethora of possible stories, I was Extremely excited. Even after realizing that no matter what Treyarch said, Activision wouldn't let them completely ignore modern warfare 2, that Treyarch will have to flow with the current, I am Still excited, and Have faith in Treyarch to Make an Amazing Game.