Jump to content

How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was your other gun already upgraded?

It costs 2500 to Pack-a-Punch a previously upgraded weapon, so the glitch doesn't register since you'd only be paying 2500 to upgrade the Apothican Servant. You must hold a weapon that's not upgraded before doing the glitch so you are able to pay the full 5000 points to upgrade. This happened to me yesterday so I replaced my upgraded weapon then tried again and it worked. I don't think it's patched.

Edited by ChinaRepublic
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Was your other gun already upgraded?

It costs 2500 to Pack-a-Punch a previously upgraded weapon, so the glitch doesn't register since you'd only be paying 2500 to upgrade the Apothican Servant. You must hold a weapon that's not upgraded before doing the glitch so you are able to pay the full 5000 points to upgrade. This happened to me yesterday so I replaced my upgraded weapon then tried again and it worked. I don't think it's patched.

Pretty sure on PC at least it's been patched (I'm not the only one to have mentioned it) but the scenario you described was the case, I had a multi-PAP gun in my hands (I noticed the hintstring bugged out sometimes and said 'Cost:5000' for a split second when pulling out the A.S. but it just wouldn't accept the gun. I'll confirm with a non-PAP gun though to be sure.

 

But, even still, this is surely not the 'proper' way to do this? Is there literally no info out there on upgrading it legit? Has anyone tried after doing the EE? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Treyarch would leave in an upgraded version by 'accident' (they did similar on past BO1/2 maps), but I for one would be truly saddened if there was literally no way to upgrade it. The ammo in the normal one is too low, it's not like the Sliquifier which had tons of ammo and was OP enough as it was either.

Link to comment

It still works for me, its troublesome though, you need an un-upgraded LMG to pull it off and have to try multiple angles of the PaP. Of course if this whole easy pap was a glitch and has been removed, then there is still something to discover in the map which is how do we upgrade it properly... Some people have suggested the PaP version shouldnt be there but i hope thats not the case, why would they go to the trouble of making one and making it better, more ammo, different colours etc if it wasnt meant to be there? Either way im more surprised they havent fixed how everyone can get the weapon from the bench unless it was intentional? Surely they'd learnt their lesson from the sliquifer which was patched the same day. But if they wont allow us to upgrade it then tbh we should all be allowed to use it as the first version isnt that great.

Edited by TimelordAlex
Link to comment
3 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

It still works for me, its troublesome though, you need an un-upgraded LMG to pull it off and have to try multiple angles of the PaP. Of course if this whole easy pap was a glitch and has been removed, then there is still something to discover in the map which is how do we upgrade it properly... Some people have suggested the PaP version shouldnt be there but i hope thats not the case, why would they go to the trouble of making one and making it better, more ammo, different colours etc if it wasnt meant to be there? Either way im more surprised they havent fixed how everyone can get the weapon from the bench unless it was intentional? Surely they'd learnt their lesson from the sliquifer which was patched the same day. But if they wont allow us to upgrade it then tbh we should all be allowed to use it as the first version isnt that great.

There is a GobbleGum that temporarily upgrades the weapon you're holding(for a mere 60 seconds). Hopefully this isn't the sole purpose of the different colors and extra ammo :(

Edited by ChinaRepublic
Link to comment
10 hours ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Was your other gun already upgraded?

It costs 2500 to Pack-a-Punch a previously upgraded weapon, so the glitch doesn't register since you'd only be paying 2500 to upgrade the Apothican Servant. You must hold a weapon that's not upgraded before doing the glitch so you are able to pay the full 5000 points to upgrade. This happened to me yesterday so I replaced my upgraded weapon then tried again and it worked. I don't think it's patched.

This isn't true, I have pack a punched the servant holding a double pack a punched gun. I find the trick is to hold down the F key (pc) a few seconds rather than just tapping it when swapping weapons 

 

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, LiamFTWinter said:

gumball

Do you mean the Ephemeral Enhancement? I've heard people suggest that but it only lasts 60 seconds. I wonder if Wall Power would work if you picked the weapon up after eating the gobblegum, so at least it can be packed for a whole game but it's so hard to come by I still think there is another way.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, LiamFTWinter said:

gumball

Yes, that one is known now but the real and most obvious question is, when you go to the effort of making and renaming a weapon for the purposes of being an upgraded version then surely it has more of a purpose than the gumballs.

 

I am of the persuation that based on MotD and Origins then there HAS to be a way of upgrading this weapon legitimately. Not sure how yet but the fact that the upgraded version is a legitimate weapon in the weapon set cycle it has to be obtainable.

 

Edit: An example being the Sliquifier in BO2. In the PC coding it was called the Sliquifier 2.0 and even had a place holder but the gun was not altered in anyway visually, only the ammo count. The gun in SoE is actually renamed and the portal effect is different with the ammo account raised. It has to be added purposfully.

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, DeathBringerZen said:

Yes, that one is known now but the real and most obvious question is, when you go to the effort of making and renaming a weapon for the purposes of being an upgraded version then surely it has more of a purpose than the gumballs.

Well each weapon now has to have some kind of upgraded version because of the gumballs. I honestly don't think there's any way to properly upgrade it and if there is its yet another easter egg with no direction for something so basic 

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, LiamFTWinter said:

I honestly don't think there's any way to properly upgrade it and if there is its yet another easter egg with no direction for something so basic 

Well I hear you on that front definitely, but remember how the retriever was upgraded or the Acid Gat. They had no narrative... just purely by chance they could be upgraded. I don't agree with how the campaign team execute their Easter egg's but no narrative doesn't always mean no secret.

 

I am of the persuation though that if you or other affiliates don't report it then it doesn't exist. Only because no other major secret has ever been discovered within the first week of a map, so I doubt one ever will.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, DeathBringerZen said:

Well, I hear you on that front definitely, but remember how the retriever was upgraded or the Acid Gat. They had no narrative... just purely by chance they could be upgraded. I don't agree with how the campaign team execute their Easter egg's but no narrative doesn't always mean no secret.

 

I am of the persuation though that if you or other affiliates don't report it then it doesn't exist. Only because no other major secret has ever been discovered within the first week of a map, so I doubt one ever will.

Who knows, I hope I'm wrong but it just seems like something that we would have made at least some progress with by now 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .