What we want in Call of Duty Zombies 2015

I see what you're saying... And to an extent, you're right... I'm just the type of player, (mostly to my demise) to help those kids get their staffs mid round and upgrade them... The only reason to play with randoms is to show off anyway... However, nearly 95% of my games are with people that are good at Zs, not some scrubby little kid with his MIC in his mouth. I'd like to add challenge to games that are played with experienced people... You're right, playing with randy dandy is a challenge in and of itself, and I'm sorry that's most of your experience...

Just read my original comment, wasn't trying to come off as an ass... Just my opinion, Zs it too god damned easy...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not coming off as an ass, I'm just getting my point across that, while zombies can be easy like you said, mistakes and errors happen, what happens if we're all playing, and it's the end of the round and:

you are white and you're getting the lightning staff, blue is building the ice staff in the crypt, yellow is getting a piece from the robot at 1 and 3, and green has just started to power up gen. 6 for the fire staff part by himself. You ride the tank to get your part and you're FLATTENED by it when the game glitches as you go over the curb. 

Blue can't get to you, green's waits because his thing was almost done, but then fails to get you, and yellow can't get to you. You bleed out and the game ends. Everyone's ticked, and leaves. 

I just don't want something like that to happen in my games. 

I hear you, dude, and that's why I changed my comment to including mandatory revives as a custom game mode... Would be more appealing to the eye though to have the 4p high rounds on a mandatory revive mode stick to leaderboards... I realize that I am in the minority here, I accept that... I suggest this mode for the simple fact that it would make the game much harder to play, some people like it and most people on these forums have made it clear they do NOT lol... I'd also like to see timed gameplay implemented instead of rounds... Again though, these are things we implement in custom maps for the more hardcore gamers...

The stuff in green i definitely am in favor of.  The stuff in red, definitely against.  Stuff still in regular text i have no opinion of.

The yellow ones, are tricky.  Although it sounds fun to become a zombie after bleeding out, it seems like it could cause some unintentional side effects. I think this would work good for grief, but not for regular co-op

And Ray gun, i suppose it would be ok to introduce another one, but i'd rather them focus on making new awesome wonder weapons, hence the red on the thundergun.  im ok with a classics map pack having thundergun in it like ascension or kino remastered, but new maps should have new WW's

To be honest I was being a little tongue in cheek with a couple of things like the commando roll :P

I agree with you on the thunder gun. However I suppose they could have a boss like George drop a gold plated one or something if we kill them (like he dropped the waffe). Wonderweapons should definately be unique for each map,although I don't mind if they carry over some wonderweapons for a map or two. However the ray gun is a pistol wonderweapon, considering the original ray gun has been in every single map since world at war I don't see why a ray gun mark 3 would effect having a unique primary WW for each map.

In terms of becoming a zombie, it works pretty simply in exo zombies, if you die in coop your player becomes a zombie for the rest of the round which has to be killed. You can't control it as you are in spectator and you still respawn like normal the next round. However I guess that doesn't really make sense if you think about it as if you kill the zombified character how can they respawn...

You don't like my idea of brutally killing off the BO2 characters? I have this whole scenario planned out where Stuhlinger gets a craving again for 'the flesh' which tips him over the edge into complete madness Apocalypse Now style and he kills the remaining BO2 characters starting with Marlton (maybe Misty gets away) then becomes a zombie himself. But that's just me.

LOL, i know most people didn't care for the BO2 N4 characters, but brutally killing them after all their hard work seems a little harsh! :P

But based on the events of Buried in BO2, they may be trapped there for the foreseeable future anyway 

Thing's I'd like to see happen: 

- Ranking system based equally off round-skill as well as objective based. Likewise one's rank should be off the map and not just in general. 

Some really good ideas, I particularly like this one, if I get to 25 on bus depot it should be worth more to my ranking than getting to 25 in Tranzit or Buried

Thing's I'd like to see happen: 

- Ranking system based equally off round-skill as well as objective based. Likewise one's rank should be off the map and not just in general. 

Some really good ideas, I particularly like this one, if I get to 25 on bus depot it should be worth more to my ranking than getting to 25 in Tranzit or Buried

Exactly, someone could be phenomenal on MOTD but never played tranzit. This would also encourage players to play all maps as opposed to just their two favorites. 

So this is the biggest one for me.  

Black Ops 2 zombies had very little replay value to me because most of my replay value in BO came from high round attempts with friends.  We would go for hours having a blast seeing how far we could get.

Black Ops 2 made it where you couldn't do duo high round attempts because custom matches didn't record your score.  This is complete fail in my opinion.

Make custom matches, if they have no changes, record your round record for the world to see.

So this is the biggest one for me.  

Black Ops 2 zombies had very little replay value to me because most of my replay value in BO came from high round attempts with friends.  We would go for hours having a blast seeing how far we could get.

Black Ops 2 made it where you couldn't do duo high round attempts because custom matches didn't record your score.  This is complete fail in my opinion.

Make custom matches, if they have no changes, record your round record for the world to see.

What you need there is what is known as a "Private match" But them boys don't roam these parts no more... 

Yes, using the D pad to send in game prompts like in Resident Evil outbreak files 1&2 from the PS2.

It would enhance team play with players that don't have/want a mic.

Also, a text based lobby system would be nice, those without a mic would be able to make their presence felt.

Regards Alpha.

Oh how I could have forgotten this one. This is the biggest flaw of the whole experience.

in the middle of a good __ SOLO__ game

RmZ1vdt.png

Please.. I know this is a trend with every game nowadays. But it ruins the game completely (Reason why I have low play hours on bo2 zombies)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@Agame360 That's actually a pretty neat idea.

In Left 4 Dead 2 for instance, you can let your character say stuff like "Ammo / meds here, are you ready? Let's move, stick together, wait here, watch out ! I'm sorry ! Nice job !" all with the press of a button.

Would be super, super sweet if Zombies had such a feature. :3

Yep, L4D had the right idea. Good idea, @Agame360 !

• Administrators

These days, there's so much debate about booster packs/exo suits showing up in Treyarch's next release. Sledgehammer has explored new territory, setting a standard that I'm sure much of the Call of Duty community expects Treyarch to meet. I have no solution for multiplayer, and don't really care what they do with it; but in terms of Zombies, I find them to be a little too much. Most of you will may disagree; but I have a suggestion:

An Origins-style diesel punk buildable jetpack, which, like the zombie shield, has a limited number of usages before it breaks down and must be returned to the construction table/fueling station, if desired, to be refueled. Like the shield, and unlike the Exo Suits of Advanced Warfare, it would not be absolutely necessary for survival, providing the fun of the Exo Suit while not sacrificing the challenge of classic zombies.

Detail: 

Pieces of 115 would be scattered around the map at the start of the game. Once each part of the jetpack is found and constructed (all jetpack parts can be carried at once, like in Origins), they can be found and carried one at a time to the charging station (these are 115 chunks...one does not simply pick them up and carry them  ;)). 

When the jetpack's fuel is used up, it "pops" like a concussion grenade, affecting not only you, but the zombies around you (but only momentarily), and the 115 bits are scattered around the map again.

In order to use it again, the 115 pieces must be found again and returned to the charging station, where the jetpack will be placed until refueled. 

Regular zombies will not have jetpacks (except maybe a dog-like boss round), making the jetpack optional, while not being overpowered.

A lot of people appear to dislike buildables. I agree where Tranzit and Die Rise buildables are concerned. However, do y'all not think Origins made it worth it? The only real challenge being to find the part and transport it; it could still be constructed at any table.

Could this make the map absurdly easy? Yes...so please, start punching holes in my concept and we'll see where they can be patched. For starters...fuel would need to be used wisely, lest that last jump end a moment too soon, dropping the playing right into a throng of our beloved undead. lol

What do y'all think?

Reposted from an independent thread that I created

before realizing that's what this thread was for.

Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • Administrators

Let's get jet packs in so Treyarch can jump the shark? That's all i'm getting from any suggestion of a jet pack. Exo zombies can stay its own terrible mode, let's leave the masterpiece alone.

@BestOfAllTime32

Haha! Yep, you just shot down my idea, but this response gets a big like from me. TBH, I'm completely in agreement. This is a sort of "in the likely event that Treyarch makes a move to avoid losing the Exo Suit fans" suggestion, in hopes of them doing their own, improved and more challenging twist on it. Know what I'm saying? There are a lot of people out there spoiled on their new ability to fly. 

Of course, Treyarch created all of that first, namely: Moon, "Skee-Skee" (aka, Panzer Soldat), and the paralyzer. 

So in reality, the Exo Suit isn't entirely an original idea in the COD games.

Yeah the jumping in Moon, and the Paralyzer are examples of messing with the physics of the game.

Since AW is one of the worst selling COD, and it basically ruined the multiplayer, I don't see them going full Sledgehammer.

If they do, it will be my last COD purchase. They have already alienated me from Ghosts extinction mode, I bought in to the Exo zombies hype and bought the dlc. Never again will I spend 120 dollars on something that I only play a dozen times.

• Administrators

Yeah the jumping in Moon, and the Paralyzer are examples of messing with the physics of the game.

Since AW is one of the worst selling COD, and it basically ruined the multiplayer, I don't see them going full Sledgehammer.

If they do, it will be my last COD purchase. They have already alienated me from Ghosts extinction mode, I bought in to the Exo zombies hype and bought the dlc. Never again will I spend 120 dollars on something that I only play a dozen times.

@BestOfAllTime32 Once again, I agree in terms of how I feel about what a waste of money AW was; but @Nightmare Voyager has a point. And what I meant was, Exo Suits weren't the first time a player or a zombie was capable of defying gravity in a Call of Duty game.

I still believe that AW may still have an effect on the gameplay of COD 2015; but Treyarch is smart. They, I believe, are the most creative of the COD development groups; and I'm sure whatever they cook up will be good.

I like the grappling hook idea they have for MP. I  wish they hadn't have done it as I think that could have been something Treyarch could have done. I hope they can find something of their own that changes things, I would like a load of different things that made gameplay more parkour like, kind of like Titanfall but like with Grappling hooks.

• Administrators

@Nightmare Voyager

Yeah, a grappling hook would have been a good idea. I think the one thing, though, about Treyarch's creations, is that it's very rare that they have endless usage. The flame thrower was quickly discontinued, the paralyzer only worked for so long, and only so well before you had to wait to charge it-and (if I recall correctly) it was a heavier weapon to carry, so you were forced to use it wisely. Buildables like the trample steam, zombie shield and the turbine shared the same trait.

In Treyarch's games, it has always been about frugality, strategy, and timing. Risk assessment. This challenges us, and though these objects helped us, using them was survival in itself. 

So as I proposed in my jetpack idea (or a grappling hook, or whatever they may come up with), its usage is limited, making it more of a tool, available for use when needed, and less of a part of you, like the Exo Suits tend to be.

With cheap, full-ammo refill upgrades, and plentiful powerups, plus perks and exo suits, Exo Zombies does not challenge the player to resource usage strategy and frugality.

Hey, the more I think about it, the more I like the grappling hook idea. It limits it even more...if we were to have a grappling hook with the same properties as the jetpack, it could then only be used when there was an object (wall, ceiling, etc) within range. Think the hookshot, from Legend of Zelda, but with fuel limits in addition to range limits.