Five Nights at Freddy's Discussion Thread

Also that song I linked not long ago, I will link it again so that people can see it but it has so much information about the murderer in FNaF 3, I would not be surprised if Scott contacted the creator of this song as he made two other songs before and they are very good. It says such things as the main attraction, the importance of the gold suits and even somehow changes the murderer to an animatronic (servos and circuits) which makes me think he definitely had foreknowledge. What else does he mention? As the song is from the murderers perspective, it is strange that he alludes to him being phone guy. "Can you hear my call?"

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here s my theory

ps sorry for grammar

you are the purple man you are the night guard but you hated the children for making messes so you killed the children and the children recognized you so they possessed the only thing they could, the animatronics (FN@F2). but you survied the the nights and got fired then for some stupid reason you became the night guard in the new restraint but the souls followed you and tried to kill you, again, and shove you into an animatronic suit like you did to them (FN@F1). but then you got smart and dismantled them one by one until there was nothing for them to possess so they came after you as just the souls and scarred the living sh*t out of you, so you got into the spring-trap suit believing it would scare away the ghosts but since you were a night guard you didn't here the warnings about that suit. (FN@F3 mini-game)

As an add on to my theory, I want to say something about the fourth night phone call in the first game. I saw someone point out that he says: "Uh, hey, do me a favor. Maybe sometime, uh, you could check inside those suits in the back room? I'm gonna to try to hold out until someone checks. Maybe it won’t be so bad. Uh, I-I-I-I always wondered what was in all those empty heads back there."

The back room. Like the sealed one? Then he says he is going to go hold out in it until someone checks, maybe it wont be so bad. I think he knows that the suit may be faulty much like Spring Trap was, but obviously didnt know which suit was left out in his panic. If anyone can poke a hole in my theory, please do as the community are going around saying he isnt the murderer when the evidence just keeps stacking up.

As an add on to my theory, I want to say something about the fourth night phone call in the first game. I saw someone point out that he says: "Uh, hey, do me a favor. Maybe sometime, uh, you could check inside those suits in the back room? I'm gonna to try to hold out until someone checks. Maybe it won’t be so bad. Uh, I-I-I-I always wondered what was in all those empty heads back there."

The back room. Like the sealed one? Then he says he is going to go hold out in it until someone checks, maybe it wont be so bad. I think he knows that the suit may be faulty much like Spring Trap was, but obviously didnt know which suit was left out in his panic. If anyone can poke a hole in my theory, please do as the community are going around saying he isnt the murderer when the evidence just keeps stacking up.

No, not the sealed room. He's talking about the staff room, the one he's trapped in. He's subtly asking you to go to the staff room to check the suits for his body, in case the animatronics get to him first. Obviously he's hoping you beat them to it.

Five Nights at Freddy’s: Evidence for Phone Guy being the murder

Disclaimer: I am not saying that he definitely is or isn't but the information just keeps piling on and I do not think that this should be disregarded. Also, I will switch between calling him Purple man and Phone guy so that you know what particular thing I am talking about but know I mean for both of them to be the same person.

Appearances analysis and where things fit into the theory:

fef2408b200c3d2126f7ce0792146cc2.png

In this first appearance of the purple man. We see him smiling. At what I believe was the Pizzeria (left to rot) before the FNaF 2, we see a child crying. The purple man pulls over in the car and kills him, making him turn to the soul that possesses the Marionette. This restaurant was then left to rot. For a good amount of years to as Phone guy says. Then he goes onto say how he likes Foxy and that it was his favourite animatronic but still liked the older ones. The next mini game we see this purple man in is one where Foxy goes out to visit children. The third time he does this the Purple man is standing there, still smiling. Foxy finds the children dead, the Purple man had killed them and stood happily looking at his favourite pirate fox. This is the last time we see this version of the Purple man.

cc5ff2c59995e6b5eac2c9572fee9e68.png

This version of the Purple man is much darker and has the white pupilled eyes which are a staple for not only the murderer but Golden Freddy as well. He is more slanted and taller. I believe these attributes to be because of the age gap. Now, why do I believe this is Phone guy? He holds a phone and has a golden security badge. People may say that it is the crank used to unlock the spring mechanisms in the Spring Freddy and Spring Bonnie suits. But why would what looks to be a night guard have the hand crank when they are not meant to know about the suits? The only one that does was somebody who was a night guard at some point- Phone Guy. So it could be the crank, or the phone. No matter what it is, this can show he is a good candidate for going in the suits when he should not be. Also, when he goes up to the suits and shuts Freddy down, I believe he does it in the same way as he does in the third game but we do not get to see that.

So, he seems to be needing to shut the suits down, I am sure that he knows of the hauntings of the suits. Maybe he heard something from them or saw they were not right but Scott has stated that the original animatronics are possessed by something paranormal. Phone guy would know it is nothing to do with the servos, lying to you makes you not worry about them and the past of the company. I do believe that he is holding a phone, why he comes up to you with a phone I do not know but its the same question with the crank that only works with two animatronics.

1d3695fbf8d14a9ed53d5a3a4285896f.png

This incarnation of the Purple man lacks the badge and the phone, but I believe this scenario to have happened after the fourth night phone call in the first game was left. I know the restaurant looks to be in a bad condition but, there are cobwebs in your office in the first game so it was always like this. What is interesting is that this version of Purple man is yet again a progression of him, being even darker and keeping the eyes. I will expand on his part of the story later as at the moment I have kept a linear path with the story and would like to mention something before.

Suit incident:

In the fourth night of FNaF 3, Phone guy says that the suits have had an unfortunate incident and while they are being replaced there will be suits that were found on short notice so relevance/ appropriateness should not be questioned. Well the most irrelevant suits we know about (I mean from patrons and Fazbear Entertainments perspective) is the “Purple Freddy” suit. I believe that the incident that had happened was that staff was short, being the cheap company that they are, the dayshift guard was told to put on the suit and greet children. Bearing in mind, this was when the animatronics just stared at kids. In night 5 of the second game, he also says that the building is on lockdown and especially no previous employees are allowed in. I think that Phone guys shady goings on were noticed, hey he could be Fritz for all we know, so he was not allowed in. This may seem strange as he is meant to be an employee but I think he is an employee with multiple roles that was not required at the moment and had kept checking in. Why would he tell you that he is not allowed in? I believe he wasn’t ever planning on going that night and wanted to keep up appearances.

Now I will be putting the whole night 5 message as it holds a lot of relevance.

“Hello? Hello...uh...what on earth are you doing there, uh didn’t you get the memo, uh, the place is closed down, uh, at least for a while. Someone used one of the suits. We had a spare in the back, a yellow one, someone used it...now none of them are acting right. Listen j-just finish your shift it’s safer than trying to leave in the middle of the night. Uh we have one more event scheduled for tomorrow, a birthday. You’ll be on day shift, wear your uniform, stay close to the animatronics, make sure they don’t hurt anyone okay, uh for now just make it through the night, uh when the place eventually opens again I’ll probably take the night shift myself. Okay, good night and good luck.”

First of all, how does he know you are in the establishment? The only way I believe he could know this is if he was in there. But how can he be? We don't see him. But we see the Golden Freddy suit. Due to the biggest components in the murders being the Golden Freddy suit, he would want to check if he could still use them. Then Jeremy enters the building, he waits for you to sit down and while looking at the suits- when he is in the back- he tells you that someone used it and that none of them are acting right. Obviously, this could mean that the suit stopped working and it killed the guard- hence the day shift being available. He didn't know he would be taking the night shift until the day time of night 6 so didn't want to tell you that it was available. Then he tells you to stay as its safer. This lets him slip out easily, whilst leaving the suit able to escape the back room and visit you. Just in case things go wrong and you figure something out his safety net is your death. You cannot particularly see anything in the suit, I believe this is because he was checking to see which suit had malfunctioned, luckily it was not the suit he used.

e91f09b415eafc820511adae53ee77f8.png

After this the pizzeria is closed and we move to the first games establishment. Here, he takes control over the night shift.

Shadow animatronics:

As these are used as a replacement for the Spring suits, Purple man has to use these to his advantage. Somehow he uses a skill of taking apart the animatronics so that they cannot interfere. He goes to find his beloved suit. In its place is the wrong suit- the broken suit. In my eyes, Fazbear entertainment will have told the contractors making the wall to put the “yellow” suit behind it. Golden Freddy is put in instead of the Spring Bonnie suit (By no, I imagine he would be cleaned out). I think that the walls that are already sealed, lead to these safe rooms but the area that the animatronics cannot go in is another of these and Purple man had planned to save his suit before it was sealed away.

In Phone guys phone call, we hear the door banging and the toreador march. I believe that this is after he had taken apart the suits. The childrens souls now could be free of their prisons and actually take revenge on Phone guy. They begin to do what they used to in their suits by banging on the door, groaning and making the toreador march play. Phone guy says that its “been a bad night”, this can be seen clearly as he has had his suit taken away and he is being haunted by those he killed. Then he makes a plan, he cant cope so he calls you and eventually says something very interesting.

"Uh, hey, do me a favor. Maybe sometime, uh, you could check inside those suits in the back room? I'm gonna to try to hold out until someone checks. Maybe it won’t be so bad. Uh, I-I-I-I always wondered what was in all those empty heads back there."

I think here he is kidding himself about being able to survive in the suit. He is planning to bolt for it and hide in it until day time and hope beyond belief that it has either been fixed or not broken. Though he knows his chances are low, it is better to the alternative.* If he doesn't survive, he wants you to find him so asks you to look for him. Now Mike would just leave as soon as possible once done his shift so I do not think he does, hearing what he would perceive as garbled nonsense in the next night makes him think Phone guy survived and he is just getting a bad reception. I know that is not what people would usually think but I do not imagine them to have hired Mike as he was a genius, he keeps going back to his horrible job so he may not be bright beyond belief, but that's aside from the point. The next day, Fazbear Entertainment rebuild the animatronics (which has been demonstrated to be possible by Mangle being able to be rebuilt by staff) which leaves Foxy broken, he is then put out of order.

*Idea proposed on a Reddit post which I think as an idea fits well.

Final Curtain Call of the Murderer?:

As he makes it to the soon to be blocked up room, the murder (will now be referring to him as this as its a point in the theory where I can clearly see both Phone guy and Purple man as the same) finds all five ghosts are present. He manages to get into the suit, thinking that look may be on his side or thinking that at least he will die on his own terms (who wants to be killed by their victims?) he has a look of mischief on his face, he wins either way. He gets in the suit happy about winning. Then the suit starts to stop working. The murderer dies on his own terms, technically winning. The children may fade away as their souls are freed, but they are not the only ones who had unfinished business. Murderers tend to not get bored of their roles, the soul of the murderer haunts his corpse, caught in a Spring Trap. Patiently he waits. The wall is blocked up, safe from the fire that is supposed to of happened at the pizzeria (which I think i protected Spring Trap. Then, Phone Dude uncovers him.)

“We found one! A real one!”

Now the murder has a whole attraction to play in. Scaring the guard, much like the animatronics did to him. He won and the souls of the children went to rest in vein. Then the building burnt down and only a few items were salvaged (I am sure this is a hint to something…). But as we see in the newspaper article when brightening, the story may not be over yet. The murderer may return in some form if we get another game, if not we still have an amazing three games.

71530b1cc987c84cf9f43e67bdcfdd3f.png

I believe that the ideas I have brought forwards work perfectly to make the story work, but I may not be right on all aspects, especially since the main core of the theory is something debatable which I hope Scott clears up one day. So what do you think? Is he the murderer or not? Are there any counter arguments that can be made which I haven't already cleared up? Remember, my goal is to start a discussion on both ends where both sides of the argument are considered equally possible so do not look down upon this idea or another idea until we have concrete evidence.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Discuss what? How the community were focused on the fact FNaF 4 isnt coming out because of a hat (?) instead of looking at the new game- especially since this a day after it came out lol

• 2 weeks later...

@MysteryMachineX

Gameplay wise:

You take on the role of a security guard at a resturaunt called "Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria". (FNAF1/2)

Your job is the night watchman.

However, the resturaunts animatronics are out to get you. (More info down below)

Your objective is to last the night without getting killed by them.

They kill you by stuffing you into a suit.

Story wise:

Storywise, it's much like zombies. The story is NOT given to you. You have to piece together the story by looking for Easter Eggs in the games.

For example, in zombies we have theories on if Origins is canon or not.

In FNAF, we have theories as to why the animatronics are out to get you.

You can find these easter eggs by dying (in FNAF2) or by listening to the Phone Guy's calls (all 3 games).

One piece of the story is rock solid:

Sometime, in 1987, a myserious purple man (as seen in the death minigames) lured and killed 5 children in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.

The souls of the 5 deceased children "haunted" the purple man and he decided to hide in a empty animatronic suit, known as Springtrap.

Hope I'm making sense, it's 1:20am here. lol

Also the creator is a good man too.

He's a devout Christian and has donated over $250k to St Jude's charity during a FNAF livestream and has personally given people on Gamesjolt $100 (through Paypal) to "get some good tools" and wished them the best of luck.

Edited by TheNathanNS

So it's basically the video game equivalent of a ghost story? Except you're figuring out the story on you're own. I can see how people would like that, although I don't think it'd be my cup of tea. Sorry : / But thanks for explaining.

Then you have a very odd name mr. Mystery.... 

Anyways, watch these two videos from Game theory, they really made the games for me! 

Ha, yes, sorry, but I know from franchises that I do understand that hardly anything on with that logo in the top-right corner is actually true.

I've seen this franchise around, didn't know what it was, so I gave it a chance and asked. But from what I do know, and the case you've made it for it, I really am not interested. If you user my username as an example, notice the second word is "Machine", not "Spirit" or "Supernatural". Fantasy does not always pale in comparison to science fiction, but a person is allowed to have preferences and tastes.

Thanks for taking the time, but I probably won't be looking at this thread much again.

• 2 weeks later...

A movie, has been confirmed. No I am not joking, its not April Fools. Warner Bros have announced they are making a movie with obviously help from Scott himself. I believe that if this a good movie, it will surpass one movie and then they will do a prequel, the second game, then after that a sequel, the third game. Also, this means they may make merchandise for it like for most movies so maybe those desk figures will become a real thing. Though the plushies are already confirmed to make which means I am one step closer to being a night guard :)

Info here: http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-planning-a-five-nights-at-freddys-movie-1696356202

Wow.

I'm not sure how to feel. Part of the what makes FNAF great is discovering the story, and not being able to move at all. A movie, I imagine would have to make the protagonist move (he's a night guard obviously), and half heart the story. Plus video game movies tend to be bad in the first place.

I can see no incidents the first night. Maybe some of them moved around or out of place. Odd noises. Nothing too freaky, and phone guys explains they walk around. I cannot see him being their for five nights though. Unless it's the cliche of the protagonist wanting to go back to stop it or get evidence or something.

I dunno. I'm little curious how this will go. Maybe I'll be wrong, maybe not. Casting will be interesting though, as well as the other people that will evidently appear in the movie.

I'm not sure how to feel. Part of the what makes FNAF great is discovering the story, and not being able to move at all. A movie, I imagine would have to make the protagonist move (he's a night guard obviously), and half heart the story. Plus video game movies tend to be bad in the first place.

I can see no incidents the first night. Maybe some of them moved around or out of place. Odd noises. Nothing too freaky, and phone guys explains they walk around. I cannot see him being their for five nights though. Unless it's the cliche of the protagonist wanting to go back to stop it or get evidence or something.

I dunno. I'm little curious how this will go. Maybe I'll be wrong, maybe not. Casting will be interesting though, as well as the other people that will evidently appear in the movie.

I can see it being like a combination of Mirrors and Phone Booth. The guy is a recovering addict so the job is one of very few opportunities he has. Maybe part of his parole somehow and quitting might land him back in jail. And the first couple of nights he might be thinking he's just having bad acid trips. And you know night 4 will end with Freddy staring in from outside the room and he'll get saved by the alarm. 

A great ending would be if night 5 ended with him somehow shutting the door without power last minute. Then he thinks he hears the bell ring, opens the door, and Freddys standing there jiggling a little bell. Freeze frame on the stuffed suit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@Slade Now that's interesting. I know so many people kept repeatedly saying that it was Phone Guy all along but they never really have the evidence like in this. Playing the game as if it were always the bad ending until FNaF 3? That's pretty solid.

And the whole Bite of 87 with Mangle as the culprit is really interesting. I can actually see that...their criminal recognition systems are tampered and if Mangle were the one that actually caused the accident, it would make sense for the company to shut down all the toy animatronics, and even for Jeremy to be bitten (since they were originally attacking him due to their broken system).

I can die in peace now.

I knew we'd find out Jeremy would be the one moved to day shift and killed! Called it somewhere else a long time ago! 

Now: Another point in the kinks of the phone guy theory is night 6 in FNAF2. 

On this night we get a message saying: 

Hello Hello? What on earth are you doing THERE? Didn't you get the memo? The place is closed down, at least for a while... Some one used a suit... We had a spare in the back... A yellow one... Someone used it... Now none of them are acting right... Look just stay put and go through your shift. It's a lot safer then trying to leave in the middle of the night. We have one more act for tomorrow, a birthday, you'll be on day-shift. Just stay near the animatronics and make sure none of them hurt anyone. When the place re-opens later on I'll probably take the night shift myself. 

Now, take for a moment this passage. It's clear that, unlike most phone calls from phone-guy, THIS call is LIVE. Not recorded as he is TALKING directly about the events that should happen tomorrow: The bite of 87.  After that the place would close down and there would be no night guard. So what's up? If THIS place gets closed and re-opened, I think we may have a location for FNAF4! Between 1 and 3, when the place between FNAF 2 re-opens!

@Stop mocking me0

None of FNAF 2's calls are live. They're all pre-recorded from way back in June. As evident by Phone Guy saying "Welcome to your new summer job" while at the end of the week your paycheck reads 12 november.

Meaning the place closed down during the summer, and re-opened after a few months in November with an all-new security guard, Jeremy.

• Administrators

@Slade What @Stop mocking me0 is saying is that if THAT call in particular was recorded back in June, how coincidental could it be that a birthday party - just as the one heard in that call - would ensue after Night 6? That would mean a birthday party in June, then the establishment closes, re-opens, and then another birthday party in November before getting shut down again.

• Administrators

Fun fact: Whomever made Five Nights at Fuckboy's 2 knew about Mangle's Bite of '87 before TGT:

(Don't mind the video itself; just watch the final battle scene as Mangle "unlocks Bite of 87". Bear in mind that this game was much before TGT released their video.)

Edited by InfestLithium