What is the chronological order of the maps starting?

Origins

Mob of the Dead

Nacht Der Untoten

Verruckt

Shi no Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension/Five

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Moon/Nuketown

Tranzit

Die Rise

Buried

At least based off of info in the maps and from Treyarch, this is the order known at this time.

Edited by Dahniska

In my thinking all the maps happen chronologically as MOTD is actually in a ageless hell version of alcatraz, not the real thing. It could very likely be taking event now in 2025 or in the 1960, basically it could happen any time after 1939. Origins is an alternate reality where sam is imprisoned and thus does not exist IRL. 

In my thinking all the maps happen chronologically as MOTD is actually in a ageless hell version of alcatraz, not the real thing. It could very likely be taking event now in 2025 or in the 1960, basically it could happen any time after 1939. Origins is an alternate reality where sam is imprisoned and thus does not exist IRL.

You're just going to confuse this guy. The order I listed them in is as close to accurate as we can be sure of based off, as I said, info from Treyarch and in the maps.

To a newcomer to zombies the theories (yes, they are theories, Treyarch has not officially confirmed what you are saying) you are bringing up are simply going to be confusing. The question was answered. That is all.

You're just going to confuse this guy. The order I listed them in is as close to accurate as we can be sure of based off, as I said, info from Treyarch and in the maps.

To a newcomer to zombies the theories (yes, they are theories, Treyarch has not officially confirmed what you are saying) you are bringing up are simply going to be confusing. The question was answered. That is all.

Only as much as a theory it is to say what you have stated is correct. 

A more accurate timeline: 

Origins (possibly)

MOTD (Possibly) 

Nact

Verruct

Shi no numa

Der reise

--------Time travel------

Kino

Five/Ascension

COTD

Shangri la

---------(Due to the events of moon, it's safe to assume the events of DOA either happen before moon, or aren't a part of the zombies reality) 

Moon/Nuketown

---------( tranzit/buried CIA/CDC maps can occur at any point following this one until buried) 

Tranzit

Die rise

MOTD (possibly) 

-----At this point, sense maxis destroys the world, it's safe to assume that the buried and tranzit game mode maps have taken place by this point

Buried 

Origins (possibly) 

The MOTD grief map can take place at any point after the prison's construction. 

You are correct that I forgot Five. I shall edit my post to add it alongside Ascension.

Good post with the picture.

Mocking, you are wrong. Treyarch has made it quite clear through the Origins trailer and by stating it directly in the Apocalypse trailer that Origins is the very first O4 map and that the others follow in the exact order I listed. The N4 maps also are confirmed by the Die Rise and Buried cutscenes. Five is shown to be at the same time as Ascension through something in Ascenscion, and Moon's events are happening in front of you as you play Nuketown. There is nothing unconfirmed here. The only thing that is up in the air is the exact date of Mob of the Dead which is still not 100% confirmed but we have clues as to its general timeframe.

MMX and others may have theories about various things and alternate timelines but in the end unless Treyarch has confirmed them they are and will continue to be just theories. However, the map chronology above other than MotD is CONFIRMED. Stop trying to look for arguments. It's good to debate but you have opinions against my facts (in the few places you actually don't agree with me).

Edited by Dahniska

The word theory doesn't necessarily mean an unproven idea. People like to use that to try and discredit evolution, saying "well, it IS only a theory, it's not proven. Says so right in the name!" It is proven though. Same with gravity. A theory is just an explanation for an idea or occurrence. All the evidence for that phenomenon is what constitutes the theory.

As far as Mob goes, I would argue that regardless of what loop, dimension, or reality it takes place in, the chronological date of the map is still 1920whatever. The date in "Groundhog Day" was exactly the same for the 30 some-odd years he was stuck in that loop. And when he finally broke it, it was the next day, not 30 some-odd years later. As the Mob 4 are stuck in purgatory, the timeline does not advance, it's frozen in one place until the cycle is broken, at which point they begin their time in the afterlife the day after they were executed.

As far as Mob goes, I would argue that regardless of what loop, dimension, or reality it takes place in, the chronological date of the map is still 1920whatever. The date in "Groundhog Day" was exactly the same for the 30 some-odd years he was stuck in that loop. And when he finally broke it, it was the next day, not 30 some-odd years later. As the Mob 4 are stuck in purgatory, the timeline does not advance, it's frozen in one place until the cycle is broken, at which point they begin their time in the afterlife the day after they were executed.

Ha. I was watching Groundhog Day the other week and in my own head was thinking about how he has to finish his steps to the EE to reach the next day. Catch the kid, fix the tire, play the piano, and so on to break his cycle. Of course those thoughts had to stay in my head since the people around me would think I'm insane. Stupid normies. 

But MotD is made to seem like it takes place in 1933, but the EE shows time has progressed with them stuck in their place. Stanley Ferguson's recording is after he retires in 1942 (I think he says) so its somewhere after that point on the timeline. There are also some quotes suggesting that Al was in the map first alone before the others were executed. That and his journal are why he seems to have a better idea of what's going on in the map. So he died at the end of 1933, went to the place MotD is in, time progressed a couple of weeks and the others were executed and sent to the same place as him in 1934. Then the EE suggests the world keeps going at least up to the recording Stanley makes post retiring in 1942. So MotD could be anywhere from 1942 and on. Could be 2025. 

Here is a link to the timeline I was thinking, but this is a theory heavy timeline.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159113-another-long-theory-about-the-zombie-timeline/

One of the the best sources for map dates is Tac's Time and Location thread. He lists specific in game evidence for why each map takes place at specific times, like why Kino takes place after Ascension and Five.  

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/139203-time-location-of-zombies-maps-update-origins/

There are multiple ways for this timeline to go. However here is the timeline I go by. It's pretty much theoretical and not official

(Note I did not include Motd since there are really no story ties at the moment)

Nach der untoten 

Verrukt 

Shi No Numa 

Der riese 

Kino der toten 

Ascencion - Five 

Call of the dead- Cotd is a possible paradox

Shangri-la - 

Moon/Nuketown- 

- Time pockets are created due to rockets Nuketown destroyed.

Tranzit - Within time pocket 60's with time displacements Teddy

Die Rise - Within time pocket possibly 90's or further 

Buried - Largest Time pocket do to proximity to the Rift

Origins - A small reality created and destroyed immediately after Maxis enters Agartha. The Paradox must be resolved.

This is what I am referring to for confirmation. Go ahead and argue MMX and everyone else - but argue with this, not me, cause I get this straight from the people who make the game.

Also see this video and watch from when they first start showing Origins. See what the first thing they say about Origins is, then come back and tell me I'm wrong. I will be here waiting.

If the guy responsible for making the map tells you something like this and you ignore it, you're being stupid. I don't care if you think they messed up their timeline or if a lot of things are up to you to figure out - this is one thing that is CONFIRMED, yes CONFIRMED, and I will stand by what I said.

Edited by Dahniska

This is what I am referring to for confirmation. Go ahead and argue MMX and everyone else - but argue with this, not me, cause I get this straight from the people who make the game.

Also see this video and watch from when they first start showing Origins. See what the first thing they say about Origins is, then come back and tell me I'm wrong. I will be here waiting.

If the guy responsible for making the map tells you something like this and you ignore it, you're being stupid. I don't care if you think they messed up their timeline or if a lot of things are up to you to figure out - this is one thing that is CONFIRMED, yes CONFIRMED, and I will stand by what I said.

Well....if we consider the Paradoxes and the Time loops It's possible that Origins is indeed the beginning and the end. Consider Origins as One of these Paradoxes. What happens in origins determines what happens next. The 4 characters meet within this new reality and attempt to fix it. If they fail then we start over from nacht der untoten. However if we succeed in fixing the parodox then the Origins universe ceases to exist and we go wherever it is we go next after buried. My personal theory. Thus making what they say in the trailer accurate yet and at the same time finding a fit for the map in the timeline

You are correct that I forgot Five. I shall edit my post to add it alongside Ascension.

Mocking, you are wrong. Treyarch has made it quite clear through the Origins trailer and by stating it directly in the Apocalypse trailer that Origins is the very first O4 map and that the others follow in the exact order I listed. The N4 maps also are confirmed by the Die Rise and Buried cutscenes. Five is shown to be at the same time as Ascension through something in Ascenscion, and Moon's events are happening in front of you as you play Nuketown. There is nothing unconfirmed here. The only thing that is up in the air is the exact date of Mob of the Dead which is still not 100% confirmed but we have clues as to its general timeframe.

MMX and others may have theories about various things and alternate timelines but in the end unless Treyarch has confirmed them they are and will continue to be just theories. However, the map chronology above other than MotD is CONFIRMED. Stop trying to look for arguments. It's good to debate but you have opinions against my facts (in the few places you actually don't agree with me).

It may well be the first map in which the O4 meet, but in what way does that make me wrong? 

-MOTD is still in a multitude of possible areas, 

-Origins is only confirmed to be the place the O4 meet, does this mean it's the first map chronologically? No. It means it's the first map that THAT takeo, THAT tank, THAT nikolai, and THAT richtofen met THAT sam and THAT maxis. There's lots of provocation of the idea of alternate reality.

Thank you black hand, you're post about the trailers is greatly appreciated! 

It may well be the first map in which the O4 meet, but in what way does that make me wrong? 

-MOTD is still in a multitude of possible areas, 

-Origins is only confirmed to be the place the O4 meet, does this mean it's the first map chronologically? No. It means it's the first map that THAT takeo, THAT tank, THAT nikolai, and THAT richtofen met THAT sam and THAT maxis. There's lots of provocation of the idea of alternate reality.

Thank you black hand, you're post about the trailers is greatly appreciated!

You only see what you want to see. Look at the Origins video and you see ALL the maps. In reverse order. With Origins being the first. "Every story has a beginning and an end." And then they flash the Origins logo. There is nothing in that video that does anything but tell us that this is one - just one - story. The maps are all shown together. Officially from Treyarch, this is one story, not multiple ones. They have never said anything about alternate realities for this. In the maps we see many things that don't seem to add up but at the end of the day the map order is one of the things Treyarch has given us. And on that subject, which is the one this thread is about, I have played my cards and you have played nothing.

Thanks for wasting my time by getting me to post multiple times here repeating myself. In that you have won, but in nothing else.

I don't consider this a competition. I'm here to prove a point: That no one can fully say that Origins is the beginning, or the end, heck it could be both if trayarch takes it that way in 2015. (and that MOTD can be set at any time) 

You can say origins is first, then MOTD, and then nact. But won't it confuse him when he reads threads about MOTD happening much latter then one thinks? Or how Origins takes place in an alternate reality? 

"One must take into account, EVERYTHING" -Sherlock Holmes.