Ray Gun And Ray Gun Mark II

Hi CoDz! So I was in a game of local Die Rise yesterday and had an amazing epiphany. I watched a video by Relaxing End recently entitled "Luckiest Nuketown Zombies Player Ever!" or something along those lines in which he Pack a punched a Ray gun and then pulled the alternate version from the box before retrieving his first from PaP. I thought to myself: would this be possible in Die Rise? After analyzing several scenarios, I have developed my theory:

I think this is possible in Die Rise, made possible by two factors: the Pack a Punch elevator needs to be on the corner of the roof top that requires a door to be bought to return to the rest of the roof (sometimes multiple doors). Also, the box needs to have moved to the Dragon rooftop location near the elevator that PaP must be in. In my opinion, it is better to have the Ray Gun Mark II instead of Ray gun Mark I, because of II's seemingly lower stats of receiving from the box. First, PaP your Mk II as soon as the PaP elevator comes to the roof and then hit the box. I find it safer to hit the box once, but maybe it is possible to hit it twice if you take the first weapon you pull. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated! :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if it is possible to PaP the second Ray gun you acquire, or would the game consider it a glitch and just delete the weapon?

No, if you currently have a pack a punched Raygun or Mark II, and then try to pack the other Raygun or Mark II it will go into the machine but it will not come back out. It is actually possible to have 2 Rayguns or 2 Mark II's per person on ANY map, but you would need to have no care for your stats (down in particular) for it to work.

There is instances of people with 2 Mark II's (one packed one not packed) and a third weapon on maps that have Mule Kick, but it again could cost you a ton of downs trying it.

On BO1, it is more user friendly as downs do not count for anything. I am completely against glitching, but have on a rare occasion ran around Ascension with 2 thunderguns, while my team mate had 2 Rayguns. Took us a a while to get them, but we tried it to see if it was possible and it was.

If you have a standard, PaP'd Raygun and a non-packed Mark II, when you put it into the PaP machine it will still delete it, and vice versa.

The Raygun and Mark II technically count as the same gun in the engines coding, so packing one while carrying another still counts as if you have the same gun. Same scenario if two players have a Mark II and one person goes to PaP theirs it will take it from them and not return it, so no matter what happens, you will never be able to have two of the same guns PaP'd in the same game, even if it is different players carrying them.

Same with BO1 when doing the 'Down yourself while another player smashes the box' method.

This also might be possible with Who's Who. If you go down with one, enter Who's Who, you may be able to pull the other from the box. But I'm not sure, the game still might think you have one Ray Gun, and may not even allow the other one to appear in the box, even in Who's Who. This could possibly work with Tombstone but you would have to be very lucky and it would actually have to work.

I know on Moon you could have a normal and PaP'd Ray Gun legitimately. Get PaP Ray Gun, than have another player spin the box and use hacker. If the Ray Gun appears, they use the hacker again so you can grab it. And hey presto, you got two Ray Guns.

You CAN get another one from the box while the player who has it is down or in who's who mode.

Basically, the trick on BO1 was to have one person obtain the maps wonder weapon, then down himself at the box using a grenade or splash damage weapon, and while they are down, smash the box and try and get it. When a player is down the game counts the weapon as out of the game and back in the box.

When people used to try for 2 rayguns on BO1, they would get one, pack it then hit the box and as soon as the hit it the would shoot at the ground and die and hope the box spat out another raygun. I have tried it successfully myself and it does work. Same with the WW. Get it and down yourself while another player smashes the box trying to get it. I have been in games on Ascension messing about and 3 players had a thundergun each.

You can get more than one Mark II on Buried obviously, but not without doing the exploit on other maps. Sure you could fluke it during a fire sale (it has happened before), but when you try packing one of them, it does not come back out of the machine, so the only way you could do it successfully is by doing the going down method after a player has obtain and packed it, and no one would be willing to take anything up to 100 downs just to get a weapon.

That's odd, I really have a feeling that I've gotten the mark II while another player had it before and we both PaP'd it. Weird. I had no idea two players couldn't have the ray gun or Mk II at once, thought that was only for big map exclusive weapons.

Two players can have the Mark II. It's just that those two players also can't have a Raygun while they have the Mark II

• 2 weeks later...

This is possible in nearly all the maps ever released. It is possible to get two Ray Guns, two Thunderguns, two Death Machines, two Ballistic Knives, pretty much everything.

Scenario is that you cannot get weapon x because weapon x is already taken. However, if weapon x is temporarily taken off the market, weapon x is available for a very short period. Also, weapon x can be pulled as two instances simultaneously.

Therefore, I can get a Ray Gun, do something (like Pack-A-Punch) to temporarily lose my Ray Gun, go to the Box and get the Ray Gun Mark II, and then pick up the Ray Gun again. Or, I can just use two Boxes simultaneously through the use of a Fire Sale and have one give me a Ray Gun and another a Ray Gun Mark II. It is incredibly unlikely in any scenario.

So the only maps that are impossible to do it on are Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese, and Green Run, for they lack Fire Sales. The easiest way to do it is to do it during Richtofen's Endgame, for permanent Fire Sales meaning that trying the Box willy-nilly as you survive means that probability will eventually favor you.

• Administrators

Richtofen's Endgame

MMX said Endgame :o

I can also confirm that all players can obtain the mark 2 on Buried. At one point it was possible to obtain four deathmachines/blundergats by going into afterlife on Mob. However it was considered an exploit by the developers and eventually patched. Not sure why they have never remedied an exploit that had been around for so long.

If you click the link in my signature and go to 3:26:40, you'll see that Richtofen actually calls it an Endgame. The populace got it right for once.

All of this though that we are speaking of is considered an exploit. Just because it isn't fixed doesn't make it right. If a glitch is never fixed, it is probably so wired into the game, so to speak, that it isn't worth the cost of fixing it. And by cost I mean time. In my opinion, the exploit is so minor, that if you are lucky enough to receive two Ray Guns at the same time, I say who cares. Now two infinite-damage wonder weapons is another story...

There's that, then there's also Fire Sale, QED, plus this stuff. Define legitimate. Yes, technically you can do it. But you can tell the developers did not intend that. (For if they did you'd be able to do it under normal circumstances.) That gray area is not truly 100% legitimate nor is it glitching/cheating. That gray area is referred to as an exploit, whose legitimacy is determined by the perceiver.

• 3 weeks later...

This was done way back in waw for the flamethrower/ww, but that game was all about the glitches.

Ah, 6 pap'd guns in waw's Der Riese flytrap hall. Good times, good times. Getting every gun out of the box in Zombie Verruckt just because it was a challenge to meet.

I enjoy glitches, but never in public randoms games nor for leaderboards. I would quit before it became a highest round scenario. But watching zombies run away from you, or crawling after the crawlers in Der Riese was funny...so maybe i glitched them once in a while so i could hit the box in peace...no harm done, but fun had.