Host Suggestions

Ehjookayted

Hey everyone; it's pretty common knowledge that our host is not the most reliable, with all the downtime we've had in the past. While the staff is diligently researching various hosting options for the future, it'd be great to have your guys' input, those of you who know what the best hosting services happen to be.

For now, we are not expecting a lot of traffic, due to the nature of the offseason, but it'd be preferable to have something that is easily upgrade-able when the time comes.

Any recommendations, professional or otherwise well-researched, would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays,

Ehjookayted AKA EyeCntSpel~

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

Two things.

1: DO NOT GET A DEDICATED SERVER, the website doesn't need it even at it's very busiest it will not take you over the limit on a shared hosting account. If it does, then the host is a waste of time.

2: Shared hosting, it is all the site needs. It doesn't need to have a dedicated server and the responsibility that comes with a dedicated server. Even a VPS (Virtual Private Server) is too much.

Now, cost. The cost of a shared hosting provider is the cheapest and best option. I can recommend www.galaxywebsolutions.com highly enough. The guy that runs and owns it (Ricky Fenning) is a gem, will do everything he can too help and that's ideal. It is not a huge provider but extremely reliable. I personally haven't experienced any downtime in 7 / 8 years I've been with them. They are UK based.

http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/ are a good provider and lot larger, again UK based.

Can't give you any US based providers but what I can say is when galaxywebsolutions first started, the servers where based in the US and when they grew they purchased rackspace in the UK and continued to grow and are still growing. So in my opinion, it doesn't matter where the server is located, as long as the service levels are good and service is reliable.

This is out of my league, but I'll see what I can do. One of my relations owns a large Web Design company, I'll ask them for some advice on hosting.

**Hells Warrrior is a forum Guru. Don't disregard his help & advice. It's people like him that are of great benefit to CoDz. Thanks.

**Hells Warrrior is a forum Guru. Don't disregard his help & advice. It's people like him that are of great benefit to CoDz. Thanks.

Why thank you very much :oops:

I've been looking at the prices for Galaxy Web Solutions' servers, and I have to say, they are asking for a very reasonable price for their services. Definitely going to bring this up with the team and see if we can get something going here.

• Administrators

This.

I hope cyan suits you, Hells-oops, spoilers. ;)

Indeed he is the man to speak to. He has years of experience in running forums and has offered to lend a hand on more than one occasion.

@Slade :lol: I think you are right on target!