List of questions

Tattoo247

Instead of making multiple topics, and digging through old ones to wait on answers, I wanted to list a few questions about the map and a rumor I heard yesterday.

First, where are some good training spots other than the generator by speed cola? I can run there just fine but it puts me way too far from others so I rarely can revive, I usually get stuck in a trench and die there trying to make it to parts of the map to revive, would be nice to know ALL spots to train thanks.

How do you all move around the map, say if a round starts before you're ready. It seems I can't turn around for more than three seconds without having a swarm come at my back, I've always been used to having windows, and the ones that used to come out of the ground were slower, these just shoot straight out of the ground with momentum. I keep trying to watch my back but I can't get the hang of attacking on the move.

I was told there was a Mark 2 in all maps, but as long as I've played this map I've never seen one, granted I don't usually make it past round 10 :oops:

I was told there were steps to take to aquire some new kind of reviving device, I heard this while working on a client and it sounded sketchy, as he didn't know hardly any story but seemed to know the just of the easter eggs and "endings". It is so hard to revive on this map for me, would be great to have an advantage.

Are there any better weapons to find at first other than the mp40? Rarely do I see the box at the generator next to the bunker with an mp40 in it, this is usually the way I go to start, should I be heading toward the side with speed cola first?

And lastly, is there any pro tip or secret way of getting Double tap 2.0? It's so stubborn on this map! I can get cherry and flopper almost first try every time, but I spend a lot of points just trying to get DT from the wunderfizz machine, it sure loves giving me mule kick two or three times in a row.

I think the biggest problems with this map I'm having, is the fact it is a much quicker pace than I've ever seen on a map, I own all maps for console and up until Origins, considered myself a pretty good player. I hear people say this map is easy and I'm just wondering what I'm missing. I usually play with one or two others and we just all around cant progress very far at all. Tried playing it on easy, but I think that's just making me a worse player :lol:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

First, where are some good training spots other than the generator by speed cola? I can run there just fine but it puts me way too far from others so I rarely can revive, I usually get stuck in a trench and die there trying to make it to parts of the map to revive, would be nice to know ALL spots to train thanks.

Behind the tank station with the ice staff is by far my favorite. It allows you to be available to revive the person at three easily. The map is huge and it hard to be available to revive all three players if they are spread out across that map. If you would like to forgo the staves or complete the easter egg; you could run the crazy place and have a huge amount of space and access to all for corners of the map.

How do you all move around the map, say if a round starts before you're ready. It seems I can't turn around for more than three seconds without having a swarm come at my back, I've always been used to having windows, and the ones that used to come out of the ground were slower, these just shoot straight out of the ground with momentum. I keep trying to watch my back but I can't get the hang of attacking on the move.

Panic will always be your down fall. Round 30, your instinct would tell you run directly for jugg after respawn. You buy the perk and turn around to a wall of your undead buddies. If you take off running you will run directly into zombie spawns, so give it a few seconds group them up and then rebuild your arsenal. I recommend picking up the shield first.

I was told there was a Mark 2 in all maps, but as long as I've played this map I've never seen one, granted I don't usually make it past round 10 :oops:

I can confirm that there is a mark 2. I have gotten it three times in the many many many times that I have played. It's extremely frustrating, but I assure you that it is there.

I was told there were steps to take to aquire some new kind of reviving device, I heard this while working on a client and it sounded sketchy, as he didn't know hardly any story but seemed to know the just of the easter eggs and "endings". It is so hard to revive on this map for me, would be great to have an advantage.

The maxis drone, and the reverse side of the upgraded staves.

Are there any better weapons to find at first other than the mp40? Rarely do I see the box at the generator next to the bunker with an mp40 in it, this is usually the way I go to start, should I be heading toward the side with speed cola first?

The AK is available by generator three, but it doesn't have as many wall buys available.

And lastly, is there any pro tip or secret way of getting Double tap 2.0? It's so stubborn on this map! I can get cherry and flopper almost first try every time, but I spend a lot of points just trying to get DT from the wunderfizz machine, it sure loves giving me mule kick two or three times in a row.

If you spend 30k in points, you get a double tap from the reward boxs(located by Gen 1 and Gen 6).

Instead of making multiple topics, and digging through old ones to wait on answers, I wanted to list a few questions about the map and a rumor I heard yesterday.

The best and easiest place to train is the crazy place. As long as you do not take one of the stones then the walls will not move. Or you can do the easter egg and the walls will not move. Places outside the crazy place would probably be at the generators. No great place to train in this map. Its really made to just camp sadly.

Your best bet is to try to not run around the map mid round unless you know all the zombies are behind you. But if you do get caught, it really helps to have a powerful weapon and just take out the zombies in your way.

There is a rgm2 in this map. Its rare though.

There are two new ways to revive people. Once you get the ultimate staffs, you will push left on the D-Pad and you will pull out the other side of the staff. It will have 1 shot with a few extra shots left over, but there is only one in the chamber. This will revive teammates just like the kraus refriberlator. Just aim and shoot at your teammate and he will be reivied.

The second new way to revivie someone is to use the maxis drone. (i think)

The wall guns you can buy before you get to no man's land is the mp40, remington, claymores, symtexs, ak74u, ballista, and the m14. The ak74u can be bought by generator 3 under the bridge from the generator to speed cola. The mystery box will either spawn by generator two or three. Similar to Mob of the Dead where it spawned in the cafeteria or the warden's office. People say that you can look up into the sky at spawn and tell before you leave which way to go, but i usually dont do this because I stick to wall guns.

There are two ways of getting DT 2.0. The first one, which you know of, is through the wunderfizz and is based off of luck. The second way is through one of the four challenges and is received through the chests. These challenges include filling up all 4 soil chests, getting 115 headshots on normal zombies, turning on all 6 generators, and the one that gives you double tap 2.0 is SPENDING 60000 points. You may want to check me on that number though. This double tap is a one time thing though. So if you think you are going to to down soon, then dont get it.

I think the biggest problems with this map I'm having, is the fact it is a much quicker pace than I've ever seen on a map, I own all maps for console and up until Origins, considered myself a pretty good player. I hear people say this map is easy and I'm just wondering what I'm missing. I usually play with one or two others and we just all around cant progress very far at all. Tried playing it on easy, but I think that's just making me a worse player :lol:

My answers to these questions are in green since it would be very hard to cut the quote up into pieces using my tablet, but to answr your last paragraph, this map requires a LOT of teamwork. And a lot of thinking and planning. No more easy bank money. No more 25 kills on round 1. If you want to get things done fast, then you got to budget your points effectively. And plan ahead. And work as a team. And until you master everything, dont feel like a noob for asking your teammates to save a zombie so you can do something. Like stated above you Do NOT want to get trapped in a trench mid round.

It took me a while to feel comfortable on this map, and sometimes I still fail miserably, but you will get it eventually.

Edit: the reward is rewarded at 30k points, not 60k. Thanks boom.

Helpful, thanks. I've yet to complete the EE but I can get the staffs put together but I've never upgraded it, I will now that I know you can revive with them. Is it a specific element staff or do all revive? And I didn't know Maxis drone revived :shock:

I also had forgotten about the reward box...now I feel stupid knowing I've spent that much quite a few times and still complained about no DT. If I were to go down and lose it, can I spend another 30k and have it re appear? And can someone spend the points themselves, whilst having DT already and let a teammate grab the perk?

Anyway extremely helpful, I will start building the shield earlier on in the game too as I do get killed from my back a lot.

• Administrators

I also had forgotten about the reward box...now I feel stupid knowing I've spent that much quite a few times and still complained about no DT. If I were to go down and lose it, can I spend another 30k and have it re appear? And can someone spend the points themselves, whilst having DT already and let a teammate grab the perk?

Unfortunately it's a one and done deal. Although with the semtex trick I have found getting all the perks is easily attainable.

Anyway extremely helpful, I will start building the shield earlier on in the game too as I do get killed from my back a lot.

The shield is also quite helpful with the panzer. It blocks the claw and reduces some damage you take from the flammenwerfer.

Oh man....you can block the claw :lol: damn I wish I had known this! I've got pretty good at knifing his button but by then I am swarmed by Zs, I've been underestimating the shield it seems, was not so great in Tranzit and I liked it in MOTD but got good at that map so I kind of just dig in and don't move.

It seems all these maps are made to camp now, I dig in PaP in Tranzit, or the bar. NTZ is pretty much the only one that feels like an old map, I train in that map only. Die Rise I stay under the roof where the two elevators are. MOTD of course the bridge or on the other side of the double doors by Jugg, Buried you can camp almost anywhere on that map lol

So now I know a few training spots, where are you guys "camping"? I can't think of anywhere you don't have to be aware of all sides, would appreciate some camp spots too in case I do get caught mid round again.

Thanks Boom and BS I don't care what these guys say about you, you're alright :lol:

Pretty much any generator station is open enough for training. I suggest you avoid generators 1, 2, and 6, because they are out of the way and generally more cramped than other areas of the map. However, every generator is near where the robot steps. This can be hazardous for 2 reasons. Firstly if you mess up and have to make a cut-back too far out of your normal path you might get stepped on or sandwiched against the foot. Secondly the shockwave from the robot stepping can knock zombies over, which will throw your train out of whack.

You need to focus more on avoiding zombies than killing them. Keep moving, and the zombies behind you won't be an issue. Juke around zombies using basic train methods. Jump through mud and don't look back. It's a lot easier to traverse the map when you know that the zombies are in one general area (behind you.) just focus on passing the zombies so that you can put them behind you. Run with a light weapon out. If you absolutely have to kill zombies to get through a choke point, kill them in the quickest way possible. Use the weapon which kills fastest in your load out, and go for headshots. Remember, if you've got 23 zombies on one side and 1 on the other, that one zombie is the most deadly.

Yes, it is in this map, but it is a lot more rare than in buried. Remember that you can't have the Raygun and the RGM2 at the same time.

Well there are a few ways of reviving on this map easily. The new features are the Maxis drone and Sekhmet's Vigor. Any upgraded staff gets a D-pad attachment called Sekhmet's vigor. It shoots a ball of light which revives a downed teammate instantly. Very useful. Also the Maxis drone (a new buildable quadrotor) can revive teammates for You.

Well the box can be either at generator 2 or 3 first. It's a 50/50 shot. It really doesn't matter which way you go. But if you enter the bunker between the 2 generators you can buy the Five-Seven pistol off the wall upstairs, which is significantly more powerful than the MP40. However it is single-fire, so it requires more skill to use effectively. But if you have a decent trigger finger it is one of the best wall weapons on the map.

Have you noticed those hexagonal medals that appear above your perks on your HUD? Those are the rituals of the ancients. You get a reward token after completing certain challenges. If you spend 30,000 points in one game you get a special reward token. Take it to one of the reward chests. There is one chest in the spawn (it gives you a power-up when you activate generator 1) and another behind the church near generator 6. Insert the token and you get a free bottle of double tap 2. Even if you already have 4 perks you can do this and get a 5th perk.

So now I know a few training spots, where are you guys "camping"? I can't think of anywhere you don't have to be aware of all sides, would appreciate some camp spots too in case I do get caught mid round again.

Probably the best place is to leave the door to generator 3 (speed cola) CLOSED from the spawn. Go through the other way from the spawn, then go back through to generator 3 from the bunker. Put the CLOSED door to the spawn at your back and camp the long stretch ahead of you. Be wary of the fire tunnel.

• Administrators

I am camping man myself, that's why I enjoy Die Rise so much. As I had suggested before the tank station. However, it's not truly camping; but it is the closest thing to it on Origins. Check out Chopper's guide on this location.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=36909

Thanks Boom and BS I don't care what these guys say about you, you're alright :lol:

I knew it! :x

I get off work in 30 minutes, I'm going to work on learning the last shield location (the fender looking piece) and then I'm going to work on getting the zombies behind me so I can navigate. I think once I get those down I'll be lasting a lot longer know that I know the other things.

Someone should really do a "things you didn't know" thread like the one on Buried (not me though lol)

If solo and not getting past ten, an easy way to train is simply walk around the dig site, hop down the mud tank path at either end. Kill a few zombies, let the new ones join the crowd, kill a few.

Sample start: round 1 stab all but 1. Activate generator 1. End round when it is done.

Round 2, pool them up downstairs. When you have most pooled up, grab the x2 from the reward chest (for activating g1), shoot and stab (and pray that f'ing nuke doesn't ruin your game, if it does, start over) all of round 2 (you should have 4-4.5k points).

Start round 3, stay by the door to g2 in the start room. When pressed, open it and fight as you slowly make your way towards g2. Before the round ends, open to g4, get jugger (absolutely necessary in a game this buggy).

Use dug up guns until you get a staff or stg44. Wall guns and the box should be rarely used in this map until you get set up. The ballista is a 1 shot to the noggin through 6. By seven, either finish a staff or buy the stg (in church proper, in the crazy place, in dig site).

Easy run: forget staves, get gramophone, get wind disk, open crazy place. Run in there without the walls falling (never grab the crystal) for an easy 40 rounds.

Good luck.

Thanks yall, my team last night got everything built, made it to 30, the maxis drone and shield was a big part of what I was doing wrong, made a huge difference.

Don't know if this is coincidence but after I spent the 30k points and got DT 2.0, I eventually lost it later on by going down, and I got DT out of wunderfizz on my first or second try every time I went down.

Good Morning

First, where are some good training spots other than the generator by speed cola? [...] would be nice to know ALL spots to train thanks.

[*:f1l3j8bd]Gen 2: In coop a relative easy train, because not so many zombies come at you.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Gen 5 (Stamin Up): One of my favorite trains. I do not run around the generator itself, rather inside the robot footstep.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Jug: Running around the generator is hard to do, but works in coop. What is very safe though, is to run around the whole area (left robot footstep to right robot footstep and back on the other side). The train will not be compact then and it's inconvenient to kill it. This train is especially nice for training the Panzer, because you are close to jug in case you go down, and you are in the 'center' of the map where most other players can reach you.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]No Man's Land full train: Like around the Jug area, you can run around the whole thing, wherever you want. You can also just use the spot between exca site and stamin, or include the stamin part, or around the exca site itself, as it was said. I usually use the spot between exca site and stamin to make the train compact. Compact trains means more overview for you, therefore less bad surprises for you, and you need less bullets to kill the train.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Church bottom: A pretty big spot, unfortunately mostly mud. There is a little path of boards you can use. You can leave the tank there or send it away. Works more or less in coop, hard in solo. Needs Stamin cause there is mud. A hard one.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Large train around Gen 1 -> Gen 2 -> Gen 3 -> Gen 1. Leads again to unorganized and spread out hordes, but sometimes handy to grab the bracers or such midround.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Around G1 or G6: Very narrow and hard, inconvenient spawn behavior.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Spawn at Box / Fizz: Very hard, since it's low space for cut backs, and hordes coming down the little stairs require cutbacks.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Clockwise around the stairs in the inside of the exca site. Works quite well.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]U-Form at staff building place. Rather hard in solo.
    [*:f1l3j8bd]Any tank path area in the mud: Haven't tested that.

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

I can run there [G3] just fine but it puts me way too far from others so I rarely can revive, I usually get stuck in a trench and die there trying to make it to parts of the map to revive

It reads like you are at G3, your friend somewhere at No Mans Land. You're friend now dies, and you instantly run towards him. But as your friend died, all of his zombie train will run towards you, or those zombies fall apart and respawn at your location(s). As you run through the workstation, you face those respawners -> dead.

So two options: Wait till your train is max, so you face nobody that blocks your way. Or take out a good gun, that kills fast and easy, and just kill what blocks your path. Any staff, Boomhilda in early rounds, Ray best with PHD and such does it.

Like last passage. When you run around the map while zombies spawn, have a good gun out or do it while you have a max train behind you. BTW, zombies in your back are no problem, the ones in your front and blocking the path are the problem.

When you have a max train behind you and you want to avoid them to repsawn, walk slowly. If you go too far away from a train, the zombies respawn.

Know the tricky spots, which is everything that is narrow, e.g. excavation site top stairs, the path between workstation and exca site is very tricky, behind exca site, the stairs inside the church and such.

Again: Sometimes you gather a max train (in coop, a max train is hard to define though), and then go, and most paths will be free, for zombies that still may block you, have some gun. I forgot to mention the bracers by the way, and also monkeys and G-Strike Lightning things can help.

Then, don't be stupid and run for example down to the staff building place, build staff, and run back. What happens as you run down is, that your train follows you and grows and grows while doing so. You make the staff, go back -> face 24 zombies blocking the way. So, be aware that zombies are following you. When you go from Gen 3 to Gen 1 to buy something, you don't go back to Gen 3 the normal way. Go to Gen 2, to Workshop, then to Gen 3. Cause everything between Gen 3 and Gen 1 is full of zombies as you ran to Gen 1.

As you said: Your Back is always full of zombies, so don't turn around and run into them.

So, either you choose an alternative path as just mentioned (instead GEn 1-> gen 3 you avoid the hot area by taking the longer path with gen 2), or you just gather and organize all the zombies first, before going back. E.g. you walked thorugh the workshop and are now at no mans land. Just run around there for 2 circles until all zombies are in NML too, left the workshop. Then you can walk through the workshop again.

Nope, the MP40 is just fine. To max out the points, it's very well suited to do the following:

R3: Shoot x2, Knife x1

R4: Shoot x3, Knife x1

R5: Shoot x4, Knife x1

In case it gets dangerous, just do headshots.

There is ammo all over the place (unlike for the 74u).

It kills the Panzer in R8 well. Can't think of a better starting gun for this map.

I would not do what 83457 said. R1 and R2 are fine, but I guess the problem with his strategy is R3 and the following. Either you die in R3 cause you desperately try to knife a hoard of 10 zombies, or you start throwing nades (ouch for the points). Digging guns or even insta kills is cool for that strategy, but meh. I spend the 1300 for the MP40 and know what I have and when I have it and I'm good until R10. Then I buy Jug at the end of 4 instead at 3. But I can say I never used a Ballista, which is worth it.

I hear people say this map is easy and I'm just wondering what I'm missing. I usually play with one or two others and we just all around cant progress very far at all. Tried playing it on easy, but I think that's just making me a worse player :lol:

Easy mode is a joke ;)

When people call the map easy, they mostly talk of camping, or the non-roof crazy place. Which is super easy. Also, in coop, almost every train works somehow, and makes the map 'easy'. Plus, the staffs save you out of many situations. My fav for early rounds is the lightning with single shots. Kills fast and reliable, high fire rate and big clipsize.

You just need the hang on the map, which needs some time. I mean, when Moon for BO1 came out, it took us like a week to get past R20, which is actually ridiculously easy to do.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I have one to add, is it still possible to do the EE on solo? Like they didnt patch something to make it impossible? I hope not.

It's definitely still possible (a lot of people who run high rounds do it often). It just takes a bit of skill hitting the button in the robot's foot and tossing the beacon. I recommend keeping a few zombies with you, in case some get stomped.  Also welcome back chocoloate haven't seen you around for a while!

It's definitely still possible (a lot of people who run high rounds do it often). It just takes a bit of skill hitting the button in the robot's foot and tossing the beacon. I recommend keeping a few zombies with you, in case some get stomped.  Also welcome back chocoloate haven't seen you around for a while!

Thanks man! I took a hiatus 'cuz of the forum being down a bit and GTA V being newish.

Glad to hear its still possible, I tried it once but couldnt throw the airstrike monkey bomb in the right spot.

Been playing ORIGINS everyday trying new things, getting airstike monkey bombs early (round 6), and sometimes using the maxis drone to get the Magna Collider, though thats kinda easy.

You can train at jug using spawn control. You start the round in the mud near the box location then once the zombies get near do some cutbacks at the jug generator then kill em back at the spot you started at. You can also do the ice staff strategy at the mp40 tank location.