the other end of the staves.

I searched back 8 pages with no information that i could find.

What does the flip side of the staves do? The drawing at spawn lists a ? As its function.

It doesn't have a reload animation, the ammo simply moves from reserve to chamber.

(push left on the d-pad to access the flip side).

It has one more ammo in solo than in mp, why? What does it accomplish in solo?

Known (Ish): it revives a downed teammate. When my friend shot a zombie with it, the zombie reportedly exploded, and he was in a bubble that seemed to act like one of the vrill gun's (cotd bo1) side effects: making zombies ignore the bubbled player for a few seconds.

Sadly, i always forget to experiment and have seen almost no information regarding its functions, so time to brainstorm and pool information.

What do you know that you could share?

Panzer? Generator? Tank? Robot? Robot feet? Doors? What does it affect?

Happy gaming all!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input.

This is what i get from everyone. It revives and um...

So Sekhmet's Vigor. Let's get on it. Everyone's homework is to shoot it at something tonight.

Can you shoot at your (non-existent) feet to give yourself a bubble of protection? Will that get you out of a jam? How long did it last?

That jump scare at the church, can you shoot the steeple (sounds hard; that thing kinda shoots in a spiral).

Does it act different in zombie blood mode?

Can it core an apple?

/thoughts.

I definitely think this is worth researching. It seems oddly useless for solo, generally the zombies teams do something about that (like with quick revive).

I also think it is worth researching if any of the staves other than the Ice staff can interact with the environment.

What I mean, the Ice Staff can be used once every so often to put out the flaming wagons to receive a free zombie blood.

So, is there something that can be done with the other 3 staves, or is Ice unique in that regard?

Good luck. I do hope we find something interesting!

What if shooting the flaming chariots(?) with the back side gives max ammos?

That would be sweet, but I am doubtful. A free max ammo every 2-3 rounds seems a bit overpowered, especially considering a max ammo gives you more Sekhmet's Vigor ammo.

In buried you could get infinite max ammos whenever you want as long as you got money. So I don't see it to overpowering. Plus this is a map where once you run out of ammo, you are pretty much screwed in the higher rounds. There are no emps to reroll a rgm2 or any traps excluding a giant unpredictable robot.

In buried you could get infinite max ammos whenever you want as long as you got money. So I don't see it to overpowering. Plus this is a map where once you run out of ammo, you are pretty much screwed in the higher rounds. There are no emps to reroll a rgm2 or any traps excluding a giant unpredictable robot.

I see that infinite max ammo in Buried as more of a glitch. The sharing bank points drop and The Big Guy changing drops were two different mechanics, using them together happened to allow for a max ammo. Plus, the only high-round weapons and/or traps in that map have basically unlimited ammo anyway, so max ammos become redundant except for the time bomb or monkeys

In Origins, they give you plenty of max ammos already, whether it be from regular drops, dig sites, or the reward chest. I just don't see allowing another free one every couple of rounds as something they would do. Just my opinion, we won't know until we go and test some stuff out i suppose.

Even though it would be cool, I agree with you. Its not necessarily needed unless you are in the extremely high rounds where it takes multiple max ammos per round to give you enough ammo to get to the end of the round. Its not like any other wonder weapon where you could reroll the box. Once the ammo is gone the only way to get more (I think) is from a max ammo.

In Egyptian mythology, Sekhmet /ˈsɛkˌmɛt/[1] or Sachmis (/ˈsækmɨs/; also spelled Sakhmet, Sekhet, or Sakhet, among other spellings) was originally the warrior goddess as well as goddess of healing for Upper Egypt. She is depicted as a lioness, the fiercest hunter known to the Egyptians. It was said that her breath formed the desert. She was seen as the protector of the pharaohs and led them in warfare.

Her cult was so dominant in the culture that when the first pharaoh of the twelfth dynasty, Amenemhat I, moved the capital of Egypt to Itjtawy, the centre for her cult was moved as well. Religion, the royal lineage, and the authority to govern were intrinsically interwoven in Ancient Egypt during its approximately three millennia of existence.

Sekhmet also is a Solar deity, sometimes called the daughter of the sun god Ra and often associated with the goddesses Hathor and Bast. She bears the Solar disk and the uraeus which associates her with Wadjet and royalty. With these associations she can be construed as being a divine arbiter of the goddess Ma'at (Justice, or Order) in the Judgment Hall of Osiris, associating her with the Wedjat (later the Eye of Ra), and connecting her with Tefnut as well.

vigour US, vigor [ˈvɪgə]

n

1. exuberant and resilient strength of body or mind; vitality

2. substantial effective energy or force the vigour of the tempest

3. forcefulness; intensity the vigour of her complaints

4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) the capacity for survival or strong healthy growth in a plant or animal hybrid vigour

5. the most active period or stage of life, manhood, etc.; prime

6. (Law) Chiefly US legal force or effectiveness; validity (esp in the phrase in vigour)

[from Old French vigeur, from Latin vigor activity, from vigēre to be lively]

The name is what I think is interesting as it gives us a lead to ancient Egypt.

There could be more to this idea that Sekhmet's Vigor could unlock something within the map itself.

I'll be sure to try it out on everything when I get the chance. :)

Regards Alpha.

In Egyptian mythology, Sekhmet /ˈsɛkˌmɛt/[1] or Sachmis (/ˈsækmɨs/; also spelled Sakhmet, Sekhet, or Sakhet, among other spellings) was originally the warrior goddess as well as goddess of healing for Upper Egypt. She is depicted as a lioness, the fiercest hunter known to the Egyptians. It was said that her breath formed the desert. She was seen as the protector of the pharaohs and led them in warfare.

Her cult was so dominant in the culture that when the first pharaoh of the twelfth dynasty, Amenemhat I, moved the capital of Egypt to Itjtawy, the centre for her cult was moved as well. Religion, the royal lineage, and the authority to govern were intrinsically interwoven in Ancient Egypt during its approximately three millennia of existence.

Sekhmet also is a Solar deity, sometimes called the daughter of the sun god Ra and often associated with the goddesses Hathor and Bast. She bears the Solar disk and the uraeus which associates her with Wadjet and royalty. With these associations she can be construed as being a divine arbiter of the goddess Ma'at (Justice, or Order) in the Judgment Hall of Osiris, associating her with the Wedjat (later the Eye of Ra), and connecting her with Tefnut as well.

vigour US, vigor [ˈvɪgə]

n

1. exuberant and resilient strength of body or mind; vitality

2. substantial effective energy or force the vigour of the tempest

3. forcefulness; intensity the vigour of her complaints

4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) the capacity for survival or strong healthy growth in a plant or animal hybrid vigour

5. the most active period or stage of life, manhood, etc.; prime

6. (Law) Chiefly US legal force or effectiveness; validity (esp in the phrase in vigour)

[from Old French vigeur, from Latin vigor activity, from vigēre to be lively]

The name is what I think is interesting as it gives us a lead to ancient Egypt.

There could be more to this idea that Sekhmet's Vigor could unlock something within the map itself.

I'll be sure to try it out on everything when I get the chance. :)

Regards Alpha.

you make an intresting point their. is the map buried not in africa? and from what it appears to look like it might be in the general area of egypt or just below it down the nile river? what are you thoughs on this info? maby perdict some future direction of the story maby? their are a lot of things that i do know about egyptin history that do relate to zombies. maby we should take a look at the book of the dead for any info on this other end of the staff.

Guys, the Sekhmet's Vigour is an instakill weapon forever. It has no penetration/chaining whatsoever, but it can be used to 2 shot a Panzer.

I hate how overlooked this weapon is. I made a video about it and it got 1000 views, but no-one knew what it was or what it did until they watched it.

But seriously. It will ALWAYS kill a zombie if it hits.

Dude Naitrax, you're telling absolute non-sence.

The Sekhmets Vigor isn't 1-hitkill anymore once u get to the 60ies

I think too, there is yet more to discover about this gun.

In coop if the one with the firestaf shoots 1 round, only the firestaff will lose 1 sekhmet vigor round.

However in solo, if you shoot it with for example the firestaff. The sekhmet vigor's ammo will be decreased in ALL staffs.

Meaning there must be something behind it, why else would they have made a difference.

I think once all your staffs are empty, we need to shoot at some thing with the sekhmet vigors. Each staff 1 shot.

This is just some brainstorming, Ive been trying lots of things but I haven't managed to figure this out yet. Cmon ppl let those braincells work

I'm glad that this generated some interest.

Thanks for the ice staff/flaming wagon tip.

Maybe shoot water with fire?

Other smoking things with air?

Downed robot hand with lightning?

Stuff in the distance, out windows or whatnot?

Sadly, i did not experiment much. We were simply setting up when we died stupidly yesterday.

The steeple is flaming and has a jump scare, that should be shot with the ice staff.

What little I've garnered:

I tried shooting the generators while they were powered down. Nothing.

I shot the downed robot hand with lightning, and a gravestone that always loads later than others, with lightning. Nothing.

Sekmet's vigor: i tried shooting my 'feet' to create a shield around myself which did not work.

I shot a round 20+ zombie, it instantly died and (coincidentally?) Left an x2 behind. Maybe there is a greater chance of a drop from a zombie shoot this way? Needs more testing.

Assuming that I'm not confusing something: normally the sv waits for you to hit x to reload it (no animation, the ammo simply moves from reserve to chamber). But last night i had electric cherry and after i fired, it would give me the electric effect, wait 1 second, then move ammo into the chamber on its own, i never needed to hit x.

Note that, just like grenade launchers, you can hit left on the d-pad at any time to bring up sv, even with a different gun in hand. This is good to know in a pinch; while it does take a second or so to come up, you will get one good kill out of this.

I did not have a chance to shoot the panzer soldat with this as he was always surrounded.

/research notes.

Assuming that I'm not confusing something: normally the sv waits for you to hit x to reload it (no animation, the ammo simply moves from reserve to chamber). But last night i had electric cherry and after i fired, it would give me the electric effect, wait 1 second, then move ammo into the chamber on its own, i never needed to hit x

It doesn't need Electric Cherry to do that. That is what it has always done. Leave it for 3-4 seconds, it will reload.

Assuming that I'm not confusing something: normally the sv waits for you to hit x to reload it (no animation, the ammo simply moves from reserve to chamber). But last night i had electric cherry and after i fired, it would give me the electric effect, wait 1 second, then move ammo into the chamber on its own, i never needed to hit x

It doesn't need Electric Cherry to do that. That is what it has always done. Leave it for 3-4 seconds, it will reload.

Ah, okay. I simply didn't wait long enough previously. I'm a chronic reloader.