Do You Think we will be getting an All Zombies Map Pack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That tweet... wow just wow Treyarch. You had a chance to right the wrong you have done to zombies players but nope, you still cater to those ADHD induced kids who sent you death threats over a sniper nerf... *sigh*.

It probably isn't even real but here is to hoping that DLC 5 thing I've been seeing around lately is real and its all zombies.

There is a business side of things and there are some people who do not like zombies and as such, will not buy the map pack.

For those who didn't read: If Treyarch is smart and wants to keep the zombies players for the next game they will release this as a zombies map pack.

So you're saying every zombie player is going to boycott Treyarch's next Call of Duty if this map pack isn't 100% zombies. Where the hell did you get that from?

It's business. When you grow up you'll understand, champ.

No but most of the zombies players will probably say screw it and either just get the base game and no DLC or just avoid it all together.

Also the grow up comment, maybe you should grow up before you assume someone is younger than you, champ.

average number of players online at a time zombies: 70,000

average number of players online for multiplayer : 400,000

as much as we like to think that zombies is a wildly popular game mode on par with MP, the fact is it just isnt, its still a extra or bonus mode. Is it more popular now than in the past? absolutely! but as a zombies focused website, we sometimes fail to remember that CoD is multiplayer first and foremost.

I do agree that when you look at 12 mp maps being released as dlc so far, 13 with nuketown. plus the what 16 or so on disk? that makes 29 maps. you'd have to play for hours and hours and hours before youd play all of them.

so with that said personally as a MP player i think we have enough maps and would not be offended if the map pack was all zombies.

I also do not expect that though, and expect a standard 4 mp maps, plus zombies, maybe they throw in a little extra zombeis as a bonus (weapon, mode, something of that nature)

That tweet... wow just wow Treyarch. You had a chance to right the wrong you have done to zombies players but nope, you still cater to those ADHD induced kids who sent you death threats over a sniper nerf... *sigh*.

It probably isn't even real but here is to hoping that DLC 5 thing I've been seeing around lately is real and its all zombies.

how has treyarch wronged the zombie players?

I'd like to see a DLC dedicated to zombies, however I won't complain if there are multiplayer maps as long as the new zombie map is amazing. Maybe Treyarch is trying to tease us that that there are multiplayer maps, only to then surprise us with an all zombies DLC. It's unlikely they'd do that, but they do love to troll people.

For those who didn't read: If Treyarch is smart and wants to keep the zombies players for the next game they will release this as a zombies map pack.

So you're saying every zombie player is going to boycott Treyarch's next Call of Duty if this map pack isn't 100% zombies. Where the hell did you get that from?

It's business. When you grow up you'll understand, champ.

No hes just saying many people will leave. I am starting to wonder if your a zombie fan at all. Clearly you dont see how many people are DONE WITH THIS GAME DUE TO ZOMBIES. The zombies was NOT GOOD in this game. We felt they didn't give us what we deserved. Many people are expecting Rezzurection 2.0 and if it isn't. People will leave.

Is this true? I have enjoyed every zombie map, across all 3 games, but I guess I'm just not as picky as everyone else. Is the community as a whole really that opposed to all the new maps? Or is Blackfire making assumptions that he can't back up.

Has zombies really fallen that far out of popularity? In the LEAST OFFENSIVE way possible, Blackfire's post sounds a little like the "I hate multiplayer because Snipers were nerfed, I will never play again" posts, which are more than likely posted by people who still play multiplayer.

I'm not mad at anyone or accusing or trying to point fingers or anything, I'm just curious. Are most people unhappy with the current Zombies experience of Black Ops 2?

I've played with randoms recently and i've without really noticing started to take a unofficial poll of sorts. with a relatively small sample size bear in mind, it seems that those who have told me they really really love the maps and the stuff in BO2 zombies are players whom this is their first experience with zombies. of those who played zombies on WaW and Black ops 1, the general impression is that they are... not disappointed id say, but less than impressed with the new zombeis maps.

I think the problem is the whole gameplay has changed. with buildables and banks and weapon storage... the whole original zombies gameplay has been blown to smithereens. part of the challenge was saving up points to buy jugg, or hit the box, or buy a door. now I load up buried, and can have 4 perks, upgraded weapons and all doors opened before I even kill a single zombie.

I hope that this Origins throws us back to original zombies, the way it was, the way that made it so wildly popular. Less easter egg focused, and more about surviving. Im not saying dont have an EE, but im saying have it more in the background as opposed to Maxis speaking directly to you whne the game starts saying "do my side quest"

I'm not going to hold my Breath. I doubt there will be a 5th Map Pack. Buy the Maps individually....maybe. Besides, the Season Pass says "Four Map Packs" and Nuketown was free and got it early before it was available to buy by everyone else.

Also I pretty sure the Exclusive Zombie Map Pack would be around 3 Gigs long.

Think about it, that's 4 WAW Maps, 6 BO Maps (Not Counting Dead Ops) and maybe a new map if they decide to add it.

If there's only one zombie map in this DLC then I'll be pretty disappointed. The only reason I bought Black Ops 2 in the first place was for the zombies. I don't even really play multiplayer except for the odd match every now and again, I don't even think I've played on every map yet since the release of the second and third DLC's.

Its kind of sad really, I realized I've spent like $120 on this game between buying it in the first week of release and the season pass just to play zombies :P

DLC 5 will most likely be all zombies, free for anyone who purchased the collectors edition as those people have paid extra for nothing so far, and will be available for separate purchase from the season pass.

Stop being whining idiots. Treyarch said several times they would make each new COD game's DLC a better collection than the last. I.E. - WaW we got 3 dlc packs, BO1 we got the 3 normal DLC and 1 all zombies, BO2 we'll get 4 normal DLC and 1 all zombies pack.

It makes damn perfect sense since Treyarch has been releasing all of their dlc packs way earlier than they did for BO1. Between now and November we have time for DLC 5. DLC 5 - most likely will release in October for xbox first. Or even maybe Treyarch made a deal with Microsoft to only release season pack maps first on xbox and will release DLC 5 for all platforms same time in October. :lol:

Now go find more info on Origins and stop whining! :twisted:

DLC 5 will most likely be all zombies, free for anyone who purchased the collectors edition as those people have paid extra for nothing so far, and will be available for separate purchase from the season pass.

Stop being whining idiots. Treyarch said several times they would make each new COD game's DLC a better collection than the last. I.E. - WaW we got 3 dlc packs, BO1 we got the 3 normal DLC and 1 all zombies, BO2 we'll get 4 normal DLC and 1 all zombies pack.

It makes damn perfect sense since Treyarch has been releasing all of their dlc packs way earlier than they did for BO1. Between now and November we have time for DLC 5. DLC 5 - most likely will release in October for xbox first. Or even maybe Treyarch made a deal with Microsoft to only release season pack maps first on xbox and will release DLC 5 for all platforms same time in October. :lol:

Now go find more info on Origins and stop whining! :twisted:

Black ops First Strike : 2/1/2011

black ops 2 Revolution: 1/29/2013

4 days earlier

Black ops Escalation: 5/3/2011

Black ops 2 Uprising: 4/16/2013

17 days earlier

Black ops Annihilation: 6/28/2011

Black Ops 2 Vengeance: 7/2/0213

5 days later

Black ops Rezurrection: 8/23/2011

Black ops 2 DLC4 : 8/27/2013 (projected)

4 days later

I dont think so man

I've played with randoms recently and i've without really noticing started to take a unofficial poll of sorts. with a relatively small sample size bear in mind, it seems that those who have told me they really really love the maps and the stuff in BO2 zombies are players whom this is their first experience with zombies. of those who played zombies on WaW and Black ops 1, the general impression is that they are... not disappointed id say, but less than impressed with the new zombeis maps.

I think the problem is the whole gameplay has changed. with buildables and banks and weapon storage... the whole original zombies gameplay has been blown to smithereens. part of the challenge was saving up points to buy jugg, or hit the box, or buy a door. now I load up buried, and can have 4 perks, upgraded weapons and all doors opened before I even kill a single zombie.

I hope that this Origins throws us back to original zombies, the way it was, the way that made it so wildly popular. Less easter egg focused, and more about surviving. Im not saying dont have an EE, but im saying have it more in the background as opposed to Maxis speaking directly to you whne the game starts saying "do my side quest"

this exactly honestly i join a random game on buried and everyone hits the bank gets weapons out of the weapon storage and get perks all in round one, makes the game a lot less fun i personally dont use the bank or weapon storage, the easter eggs need to be like call of the dead solo and a easter egg that needs 2 3 or 4 people. i say that i truly miss that barebones kind of feel, having to save up for jugg and then crossing my fingers to get a decent weapon from the box things like that. zombies is broken to the point that its just one big shooting gallery get your guns and perks round 1 and shoot shoot zombies until round 30. i still play blops ii zombies from time to time but i hope origins takes us back to that style of gameplay we all love from blops1 and waw

this exactly honestly i join a random game on buried and everyone hits the bank gets weapons out of the weapon storage and get perks all in round one, makes the game a lot less fun i personally dont use the bank or weapon storage, the easter eggs need to be like call of the dead solo and a easter egg that needs 2 3 or 4 people. i say that i truly miss that barebones kind of feel, having to save up for jugg and then crossing my fingers to get a decent weapon from the box things like that. zombies is broken to the point that its just one big shooting gallery get your guns and perks round 1 and shoot shoot zombies until round 30. i still play blops ii zombies from time to time but i hope origins takes us back to that style of gameplay we all love from blops1 and waw

absolutely 100% agree

Ok wow apparently you are deaf to some of the complaints. Here is a list.

1. They gave us 2/3 person leaderboards finally. However in order to set records for those leaderboards you have to jump through hoops via split screening, asking people to leave or waiting for a long butt time.

2. Ranking system that no one knows how to figure our and that people glitch to get to the highest rank just so people will "admire their shotguns". Zombies doesn't need a ranking system.

3. Unable to view the rounds of others in the lobby. You decide to play with randy mcscrandy and you can't see his round leaderboards, all you know is he is a skull rank. That tells you absolutely nothing. You could be playing with someone who has a high round of 5 because they died blindly spinning the box.

4. Maps are lackluster and overly complex. MOTD did it right as did Buried with the ability to build things where-ever. Tranzit, oh you want to build the jet gun, you gotta scavenge pieces around the map and then bring them back to town instead of a easier location like power where 3 of the 4 pieces are near or at. Die Rise there are only two buildables(?) so I guess I can't complain.

5. MOTD had the only shared buildable inventory. The other maps you have to pick up one piece at a time instead of being able to have them all at once, this is more of a inconvenience issue.

6. The one map that got stuff right, is also one of the easiest, MotD. Redeemer which is insta kill for god knows how long, shield, electric reload and the acid-gat = high round unless you have the intelligence of a rock.

7. Private matches were replaced with a useless custom game function which doesn't even save to your round leaderboards.

8. This is more of a personal thing but, MP was given in-game streaming. Why not zombies? Why is the ADHD side of the game gets the streaming function while the zombies gets left in the dark?

Need I go on?

1. They gave us 2/3 person leaderboards finally. However in order to set records for those leaderboards you have to jump through hoops via split screening, asking people to leave or waiting for a long butt time.

2. Ranking system that no one knows how to figure our and that people glitch to get to the highest rank just so people will "admire their shotguns". Zombies doesn't need a ranking system.

3. Unable to view the rounds of others in the lobby. You decide to play with randy mcscrandy and you can't see his round leaderboards, all you know is he is a skull rank. That tells you absolutely nothing. You could be playing with someone who has a high round of 5 because they died blindly spinning the box.

4. Maps are lackluster and overly complex. MOTD did it right as did Buried with the ability to build things where-ever. Tranzit, oh you want to build the jet gun, you gotta scavenge pieces around the map and then bring them back to town instead of a easier location like power where 3 of the 4 pieces are near or at. Die Rise there are only two buildables(?) so I guess I can't complain.

5. MOTD had the only shared buildable inventory. The other maps you have to pick up one piece at a time instead of being able to have them all at once, this is more of a inconvenience issue.

6. The one map that got stuff right, is also one of the easiest, MotD. Redeemer which is insta kill for god knows how long, shield, electric reload and the acid-gat = high round unless you have the intelligence of a rock.

7. Private matches were replaced with a useless custom game function which doesn't even save to your round leaderboards.

8. This is more of a personal thing but, MP was given in-game streaming. Why not zombies? Why is the ADHD side of the game gets the streaming function while the zombies gets left in the dark?

Need I go on?

you sound like treyarch for some reason owes you something. Its their game not yours. If you dont like the way the game plays, sell it. thats what i do with games i dont like.

I think you are confusing "Treyarch wronging the almight zombies community" With "i'm a whiny complainer that doesnt like the game"

:edit: to a second point, how many things that the community specifically asked for have been implemented? A TON!! We asked for a bunch of the stuff, and we've gotten a lot of it. Now has it always turned out to be a good idea? no. but we asked for it and they tried it. Your statement the Treyarch has wronged the zombie community sounds absolutely ludicrous

Your first post and your already one of my favourite people on here. I couldn't agree more with this.

Need I go on?

you sound like treyarch for some reason owes you something. Its their game not yours. If you dont like the way the game plays, sell it. thats what i do with games i dont like.

I think you are confusing "Treyarch wronging the almight zombies community" With "i'm a whiny complainer that doesnt like the game"

:edit: to a second point, how many things that the community specifically asked for have been implemented? A TON!! We asked for a bunch of the stuff, and we've gotten a lot of it. Now has it always turned out to be a good idea? no. but we asked for it and they tried it. Your statement the Treyarch has wronged the zombie community sounds absolutely ludicrous

I think everyone here can at least agree they really screwed us over on the leaderboard and ranking issue. It's just a terrible system they're using for it.

EDIT: sorry for double post, won't happen again.

Funny coming from someone who admits they play MP and yet turns a blind eye to ALL the whiny little freaks from there. Need I remind you of the death threats over a sniper nerf?

You talk to anyone who has played since the beginning and you will quickly learn, not many of them like this new direction zombies has taken. There is no challenge anymore, its run to the bank, get your perks, spin the box or get weapon out of weapon locker and set up camp for the rounds.

Its not zombies anymore, its some contorted version of zombies that is catering to the people who wouldn't make it past round 10 in the other games.

There is something you are right about, there is VERY LITTLE I like about this game. The campaign was fun and I enjoyed it, played through it to see all the endings and then played through it again for fun. MP can be deleted off my disc for all I care, zombies as I stated either here or another thread, 2 maps I like other than that I don't play, I go back to BO1. I would go back to WaW but its filled with modded lobbies, so I stick to BO1.

Funny coming from someone who admits they play MP and yet turns a blind eye to ALL the whiny little freaks from there. Need I remind you of the death threats over a sniper nerf?

You talk to anyone who has played since the beginning and you will quickly learn, not many of them like this new direction zombies has taken. There is no challenge anymore, its run to the bank, get your perks, spin the box or get weapon out of weapon locker and set up camp for the rounds.

Its not zombies anymore, its some contorted version of zombies that is catering to the people who wouldn't make it past round 10 in the other games.

There is something you are right about, there is VERY LITTLE I like about this game. The campaign was fun and I enjoyed it, played through it to see all the endings and then played through it again for fun. MP can be deleted off my disc for all I care, zombies as I stated either here or another thread, 2 maps I like other than that I don't play, I go back to BO1. I would go back to WaW but its filled with modded lobbies, so I stick to BO1.

Thats exactly what I do... i dont listen to the whiny freaks. I quite like multiplayer i have a lot of friends from college that i play with and it allows me to stay connected with them even though we all live in different places now. I find it a lot easier to just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than bitch about all the things i want but didnt get.

I find it a lot easier to just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than bitch about all the things i want but didnt get.

Enjoy MP for what it is.... a lag fest where people with horrible internet do good? A game where you go around the corner only to be killed by someone who on their screen you haven't gone around the corner, a game where you put bullets into someone, they turn around and kill you and once again on their screen you didn't shoot?

How, how can you enjoy that garbage?

I find it a lot easier to just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than bitch about all the things i want but didnt get.

Enjoy MP for what it is.... a lag fest where people with horrible internet do good? A game where you go around the corner only to be killed by someone who on their screen you haven't gone around the corner, a game where you put bullets into someone, they turn around and kill you and once again on their screen you didn't shoot?

How, how can you enjoy that garbage?

because im not super serious about it and just enjoy playing games?

if i dont enjoy it anymore, ill just stop playing it, not come to a internet forum and complain about how the game company has wronged me.

i got MW3 and played it for a while, decided i didnt really like it so i sold it. Bought borderlands 2, played it for a while and had a lot of fun so i kept it. Its pretty simple really. I suggest if you hate zombies on black ops 2 so much, do what you ve been doing and play one of the games that you do like, or trade it in and find a different game that you enjoy. its sillt to continue doing something that you dont enjoy

i dont enjoy enjoy eating broccoli. but you dont see me going to the internet broccoli forums and complain to the farmer who is growing the broccoli that he needs to do it different or that he has screwed me. i just dont eat the goddamn broccoli

:edit: lets not continue this banter in this thread and get it back on topic. if you want to continue debating it thats fine but lets do it in PMs

back to the topic of discussion, at this point I would take and all zombies DLC as a bonus, but expect to get new mp maps this time around. hopefully one more classic map redone like maybe array or maybe one of the WaW ones perhaps