Treyarch - Plz. 2/3 Player Lobbies & Setting Leaderboards.

1. Please let us in.

A couple of days ago I was up awful late. Met a group in a lobby and played a few games. As happens in the best situations there was one player that I hooked up with as we looked for a better Nuketown game. We found we both had similar games and when we came back to the lobby we found no one else joining. So we thought "let's try just us two" and off we went. And this led to one of the best and most enjoyable games in a long time. By far. :lol: The game got fast real quick. We got Jug early. And then started crushing rounds. You had to be on. You had to be ready. And we knew in the backs of our minds that if we messed this up there was no second chance.

Round 15: maybe a half hour

25: hour:

30: hour and twenty or so.

We knew he had to go by a certain time. So we were throwing monkeys and killing as fast as we could. It ended around the time he had to go with us tearing around like idjits just having fun. No idea how far we could have gone if we had not had a time limit. Why is this so hard to do? We spent a large part of it talking and some of it was certainly based on this issue. Yes, you can get other players to leave as the lobby is counting down. How often is this realistically an option? If I could play with only 1 or 2 other people the quality of my games would be so much better. My enjoyment of the game would be so much higher. For a game that I already love and play too much. Since BO 1.

But instead I have to deal with:

-some extra player or 2 that will be not good enough, bad social skills, passive aggressive tendencies or just ... something not right.

-matches that take FOREVER to play. And then just end. You ever invest 2 1/2 hours in a Zombie match to have someone leave for any reason you can think of and just end the game? :evil: Yes. Yes, we all have.

What possibly valid reasons could there be for not making these other lobbies available? Is it financial? Somehow the idea that it is money based would be completely unacceptable. We done paid and continue to pay. So I hope it is not that. Is it to avoid some kind of cheating or glitching that could happen? Could come up with no reasons for it, but there certainly could be something.

I just want to kill Zombies in large amounts with some sort of respect for the fact that my time is not so easily given away. Rounds 15-30 are turning into these long slow trudges into the horizon. If Jug is acquired then the game grinds to a halt. I love Nuketown. But this scenario holds for other maps also. In 4 player games there are these periods. You can actually feel the fun leave the building. The only saving grace is getting people up, maintaining the team and hanging out talking to other players. And, of course, waiting to see if someone leaves.

2. Please let us out.

The new horror is being caught in a game I no longer want to play in. There can be any reasons for this wish. Too long is one. Bad lobby or player. The worst is some one I was talking to (A Knife - newly met) who finally showed his true colours and this stuck me in a spot. I did not want to talk to him again. But since I had been talking to him, the Mute button was not a good option. And when I muted him the game blew up about 5 minutes later. Literally. We were coming off a disagreement. In that lobby we had a quiet person, 1 person muted by all in about Round 4 and us 2. :(

All I wanted was out. Let everyone out. If someone leaves a match just give the remaining players the new leaderboard for them. Why is this so hard to do? Does anyone know? These games can go on for a long time and I have no problem giving it the time. But having people quit and end the Boards does not seem technologically necessary or right. And pinning people who do not quit in awful situations and lobbies seems like a lousy option also.

Hope this did not sound like a rant. All I want is to slay Zombies as fast as I can. With the best company I can find. For as long as we can go. Until we kill every last one.

Cheers.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is obviously not a new issue as this was one of the primary issues since release. Seems to me at this time that this was a huge oversight on the dev team's part, and that because of the logistics they simply can't add the feature in. Seems if it was easy or even viable that they would have done it by now.

in black ops 1, i primarily played 2-3 player private matches because i had 2 other friends specifically that like to play a lot.

sigh, perhaps in 2014 for the next treyarch game.

IF THEY HAD PRIVATE MATCHES THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM TRAYARCH!

Custom matches arnt the same because randoms can join them at will... And their modes are a bit different:

easy: Zombies are obviously all walking Double slaps are the same as normal

Origional: zombies double slap like hell... Nuketown is flipping impossible!

Yeah, private matches. Wonder why they left it out?

And Nuketown is great when it is.

ie. when no Jug it is pretty demanding. :lol:

The problem is that a lot of the drama is Jug or how to live to get to it. That adds a lot, but the idea is hollow. Any Zombie map becomes harder when faced with no Jug. After you get it starts some really long and boring times. :(

I think that they should either allow custome games on the leaderboards, or make it so you can "lock" the lobby and no one can join. This way there's none of that "Please leave with 2 seconds on the game start clock" stuff.

Right you just described "private matches" as we had them in WaW and Black Ops 1. Again it seems as if they just plain old forgot to include it... Otherwise why make a specific 2 player and 3 player leader board (which was based off feedback from the community). And then make it damn near impossible to play a game that would count on those leader boards. Simply makes no sense. Again they are either ignorant or too stubborn to honor the communities request, OR they made an oversight programming wise that causes private matches to be impossible to create, and aren't addressing it perhaps out of embarrassment?

When I heard of custom games not counting to leaderboards I thought it was only when you changed the setting so I didn't complain. Now I know it doesn't :(

I just wish if you had the original setting and set the max lobby to 2 or 3 and had the privacy set to close that it should count.

Also my connection for some reason makes it where I have to wait 2-3 minutes to find a lobby when I have 4 people in the party. So custom games/private matches woulld help. But, I digress

It's actually not that difficult to get into a 2 or 3-person lobby. To create a 2-person game, for example, each player just logs into another dummy account; that way, the lobby is full with 4 players and no one can join. Then, everyone ready up, and when the countdown gets to 1, both of the dummy accounts sign out. This works every time.

And obviously the reason why rounds do not count on leaderboards after a person leaves is because they have separate leaderboards for 1-4 players, unlike in Black Ops 1, when it was all just co-op leaderboards.

It's actually not that difficult to get into a 2 or 3-person lobby. To create a 2-person game, for example, each player just logs into another dummy account; that way, the lobby is full with 4 players and no one can join. Then, everyone ready up, and when the countdown gets to 1, both of the dummy accounts sign out. This works every time.

And obviously the reason why rounds do not count on leaderboards after a person leaves is because they have separate leaderboards for 1-4 players, unlike in Black Ops 1, when it was all just co-op leaderboards.

No, when a player leaves the game the entire game is stopped at that round because they can't count it as a four person game as there are only 3 people and they can't count it as a 3 person game because there were 4 people earlier...

This plan of yours requires one of two things:

A second controller

And, but not neccisarily,

A second account linked to Xbox-live with a paid account...

A privlige not everyone has...

No, when a player leaves the game the entire game is stopped at that round because they can't count it as a four person game as there are only 3 people and they can't count it as a 3 person game because there were 4 people earlier...

This plan of yours requires one of two things:

A second controller

And, but not neccisarily,

A second account linked to Xbox-live with a paid account...

A privlige not everyone has...

unless you're PS3 :twisted:

Lol sorry xboxers. Not tryin to start a war :D

You use to be able to do that, but they patched it. My friend and I can't do it anymore, because right at 1, we back out the second controller and it backs us out to the main menu. Never use to do that.

Just allowing Custom Matches with no changes and Closed Lobby to work would be fine for me. Exactly the same.

You use to be able to do that, but they patched it. My friend and I can't do it anymore, because right at 1, we back out the second controller and it backs us out to the main menu. Never use to do that.

Just allowing Custom Matches with no changes and Closed Lobby to work would be fine for me. Exactly the same.

Absolutely true. And why would they patch this?

*shakes head*

From what I have been made aware of, they removed the private match feature because the leaderboards were being hacked or glitched on a regular basis, all of which was being done in Private lobbies. By only having public games counting, Treyarch will be hoping that any hackers/glitchers will be reported by the other people in the game. It is all about security and trying to keep the streets clean.

As much as I love he private match features and would love to see it back; it is for the better of the community that Treyarch have removed it.

-Jolteon

And it happened again. High round MOTD game. Friend invited me in with 2 Shotguns he had played with a few times before. But did not know well. And by Round 12 I wanted out. I muted them and told my friend that at least one of them was a bloody horror of a player. And unmuted them and played on. By Round 22, I wanted to just scream. It was a bloody nightmare. We only finally stopped playing because someone lost connection and we got kicked in the 30's.

To avoid a long angry tirade here is 2 simple examples from 2 games today. I am a Skull. The Shotgun guy on Nuketown this morning was a yeller. And once I got him calmer he generally behaved. For awhile. Until I started to hate him. :lol:

(during semi-heated discussion just prior to him blowing up the game. he had no downs yet. good for him) "Hey look, guy (not learning anyones username = Shotgun player) I have been getting people up."

PRAISE BE. HOW THANKFUL WE SHOULD ALL BE.

Please. Just saying the words is like starting a sentence with "I have a few Black friends" and says just as much. He got people up as long as it was perfectly fine for him. Any other scenario and good luck to anyone else.

Shotgun 1 tonite. On MOTD. Finally in Round 12 (we were all generally talking) I had enough. 5 downs and 3 or 4 directly related to something he had done. For the 3rd time I turned around and he was leaving in the Gondola. The first 2 times with me right in front of it. With a slightly exasperated tone I asked him to stop bailing on me and leaving me behind. He responded by yelling and swearing at me for being a ... fill in the angry words.

These people are not bad Gamers or teammates. They are simply bad people.

From what I have been made aware of, they removed the private match feature because the leaderboards were being hacked or glitched on a regular basis, all of which was being done in Private lobbies. By only having public games counting, Treyarch will be hoping that any hackers/glitchers will be reported by the other people in the game. It is all about security and trying to keep the streets clean.

As much as I love he private match features and would love to see it back; it is for the better of the community that Treyarch have removed it.

-Jolteon

Hacking and glitching will always occur. I do not see how removing a feature many people seem to truly miss helps the community. I now consistently submit player reviews for good and bad reasons. For the bad ones it is usually for leaving early. And the thing I enjoy the most is that I will never have to play with them again. Also the hope is that posting here might cause someone with clout to see it. And it at least allows them to possibly see and receive some input.

When a Public lobby usually must have 4 players. And I may invite 3 other people to play in this lobby with me. And we can then load up a map to play. This means any glitchers can do the same. Eliminating our ability to play with only 1 or 2 other players is not eliminating cheating. It is eliminating our ability to truly enjoy the game.

-Jolteon

Hacking and glitching will always occur. I do not see how removing a feature many people seem to truly miss helps the community. I now consistently submit player reviews for good and bad reasons. For the bad ones it is usually for leaving early. And the thing I enjoy the most is that I will never have to play with them again. Also the hope is that posting here might cause someone with clout to see it. And it at least allows them to possibly see and receive some input.

When a Public lobby usually must have 4 players. And I may invite 3 other people to play in this lobby with me. And we can then load up a map to play. This means any glitchers can do the same. Eliminating our ability to play with only 1 or 2 other players is not eliminating cheating. It is eliminating our ability to truly enjoy the game.

It is infinitely easier to hack a private lobby. For one thing you don't have to worry about other players etc. and for another you can run the show exactly how you want, without anyone watching in on you. Treyarch can monitor public lobbies; if they get any suspicions of a public lobby being hacked, they can check it out, and then deal with the perpetrator.

People frequently and consistently complained about how the Black Ops leaderboards were hacked and nobodies high round were counting for anything, because so many people had hacked the game.

Treyarch DID listen to the community; they made it far more difficult to hack the leaderboards, and they've bee pretty damn successful at it. The fact is, Treyarch did what they could to appease the community, but the community will always find a way to bitch about something that's wrong with the game.

Treyarch are most likely never going to add a private match feature simply because it would be incredibly difficult to implement it, as well as be able to keep all of the hackers at bay, which, ultimately, is the far more pressing issue.

-Jolteon

but why the hell should we have to do tricks and workarounds just to make it happen? is it possible? yes. is it reasonable to have to jump through these hoops to do something simple like play a 2 player game? no.

what if you only have 1 controller? doesnt work.

point is they made it unnecessarily difficult to do something very simple

-Jolteon

It is infinitely easier to hack a private lobby. For one thing you don't have to worry about other players etc. and for another you can run the show exactly how you want, without anyone watching in on you. Treyarch can monitor public lobbies; if they get any suspicions of a public lobby being hacked, they can check it out, and then deal with the perpetrator.

People frequently and consistently complained about how the Black Ops leaderboards were hacked and nobodies high round were counting for anything, because so many people had hacked the game.

Treyarch DID listen to the community; they made it far more difficult to hack the leaderboards, and they've bee pretty damn successful at it. The fact is, Treyarch did what they could to appease the community, but the community will always find a way to bitch about something that's wrong with the game.

Treyarch are most likely never going to add a private match feature simply because it would be incredibly difficult to implement it, as well as be able to keep all of the hackers at bay, which, ultimately, is the far more pressing issue.

-Jolteon

i may not speak for everyone, but i would MUCH rather be able to play with 1 or 2 friends with EASE like we had in previous games that worry about some joker who has a false round count on the very top of the leaderboard. I'm not trying to get to #1 on the leader board, and maybe 0.01% of all zombies players are really going for the top spot seriously. who cares if a group of people get together and hack or whatever... that doesnt affect MY personal enjoyment of the game. However, forcing us to play with extra players in a public lobby when that's not what we want to do does affect it.

i want my games to count toward the leaderboard so i can try and beat my own previo0us best score, not the beat everybody in the entire world

A Couple of Helpful Tips.

1.I am on xbox and have backed out the extra controller for a 3 player game as recently as last Sunday so I know for a fact that it has not been patched(unless it just happened this week).

2. All you need is an extra controller(or 2 for a 2 player game), you do not need an extra live account. You can sign the second controller in as a guest.

3. When you back the guest out, make sure that you do it with a couple of seconds left on the countdown. If you cut it too close, it will sometimes have issues(this may be why some people think that this got patched).

4.To back the guest out, on the second controller hit the guide button, then x to sign out. This takes a couple of seconds, so as soon as you hear the beeps start for the 5 second countdown to the match starting, you want to start to back the controller out so that it is fully signed out before the game starts.

5. Set your matchmaking to "best connection" so that it lessons the chance of a random joining the game in that couple seconds between backing out the extra controller and the game starting.

Hopefully this helps those who are having issues.

A Couple of Helpful Tips.

1.I am on xbox and have backed out the extra controller for a 3 player game as recently as last Sunday so I know for a fact that it has not been patched(unless it just happened this week).

2. All you need is an extra controller(or 2 for a 2 player game), you do not need an extra live account. You can sign the second controller in as a guest.

3. When you back the guest out, make sure that you do it with a couple of seconds left on the countdown. If you cut it too close, it will sometimes have issues(this may be why some people think that this got patched).

4.To back the guest out, on the second controller hit the guide button, then x to sign out. This takes a couple of seconds, so as soon as you hear the beeps start for the 5 second countdown to the match starting, you want to start to back the controller out so that it is fully signed out before the game starts.

5. Set your matchmaking to "best connection" so that it lessons the chance of a random joining the game in that couple seconds between backing out the extra controller and the game starting.

Hopefully this helps those who are having issues.

I do believe this still works, as I actually gladly help people who are trying to get a 2 person game going by logging both my controllers in and backing out for them.. happy to help, but the point is, it shouldn't take a gimmick to start a game type that they obviously intended us to be able to play (hence the leaderboards)