The Vitriolic Withering (Acid Gat Discussion)

You probably already know this but if you don't I surely recommend it

The Blunder Gat cant just be upgraded but also PaP'd which improves it to the

Vitriolic Withering And looks like the Shangri la Wonder Weapon when fully upgraded and PaP'd

IT fires a 3 round burst with what I believe to be 6 acid tablets that stick to any surface, all acid tablets lure the zombies like the monkey bombs and does MAJOR critical damage.

This weapon is highly destructive and its greatest use is to take out huge mobs at one time.

I recommend this weapon to everyone who likes high firepower that can destroy a whole horde!

This is probably a favorite in the Blops2 Wonder Weapons.

One time I shot all the tablets on my friend and he ran towards the zombies and in 5 seconds "BOOM" there was nothing left!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seriously in love with this gun, it got me out of so many fails. If you get cornered and have the zombie shield, face the corner with the shield on your back, when you feel confident turn and put 1-2 clips into the horde and then turn around. When those suckers blow up, run.

The Vitriolic Withering with Double Tap, Speed Cola and Electric Cherry, ( and maybe your gun of choice as backup, personally I like backing it up with and FSIRT), that combo is godly.

I am seriously in love with this gun, it got me out of so many fails. If you get cornered and have the zombie shield, face the corner with the shield on your back, when you feel confident turn and put 1-2 clips into the horde and then turn around. When those suckers blow up, run.

The Vitriolic Withering with Double Tap, Speed Cola and Electric Cherry, ( and maybe your gun of choice as backup, personally I like backing it up with and FSIRT), that combo is godly.

a few times i have been totally surrounded and this gun has saved me by blowing them up, i agree with you its totally god-like i hope they don't nerf it...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the VW's flechettes to detonate? Like, roughly how many seconds?

Also does the detonation time change from acidgat to VW?

And when it hasn't been upgraded at all, how effective is it?

I will try testing the times next time I get it.

I think they're both the same detonation time and without any upgrade it is good but has flaws.

It is good until around 15 because you have 1 bullet in it but it fires 4 at the same time. What happens is you aim for the zombie in front of you but after that you will have at least 2 crawlers behind him because it blows their legs wit the lower 2 cannons.

So if you can squeeze them in a tight spot fire away because it will do massive damage but less if they're spread out(common sense)

Also I find it cant really be used without EC, JN and SC. Double tap is also useful.

If you can find the acid gat kit what I would recommend you do is PaP first then turn it in the Vitriolic Withering when you run out PaP ammo (in the cafeteria with acid gat kit) as when PaP it turns into a double barreled shotgun of death :D

Could someone please explain to me how you actually upgrade it, get the kit, and all that stuff? No offense, but the punctuation & grammar in the OP made it incredibly hard to understand. I've heard Blundergat, Acid Gat, and Vitriolic Withering. Are these the stages they are upgraded in?

Could someone please explain to me how you actually upgrade it, get the kit, and all that stuff? No offense, but the punctuation & grammar in the OP made it incredibly hard to understand. I've heard Blundergat, Acid Gat, and Vitriolic Withering. Are these the stages they are upgraded in?

Ok. From what I understand (having never actually used it)...

You get the BlunderGat from the box. You then build an "acid gat kit" on a work bench and insert the gun like a makeshift Pack-a-punch machine. This turns it into the AcidGat. Then you pack a punch the AcidGat to become the Vitrolic Withering. (spelling?)

What I don't quite get though is that it is possible to PaP it before applying the Acid Kit. What does it become if you upgrade it without the Acidic addition?

Someone needs to try and compare some gameplay videos of Acidgat V Vitrolic Withering, and Vitrolic Withering v The Sweeper.

The only difference I noticed, without really putting much effort into looking, between the Acidgat and the Vitrolic Withering was reserve ammo.

Likewise I wonder if the damage level is comparable between the Vitrolic and The Sweeper.

As powerful as the Vitrolic is, it doesn't usually guarantee a hoarde kill for me past round 20. Usually most dead, a few crawlers and a couple runners severely damaged.