Zombie Matchmaking - is it just me?

Everytime i sit down to play a spot of zombies, it always goes like this for me, and it pisses me off so bad;

After waiting for about 10 minutes maybe even more i finally get into a lobby, by this time im impatient/fed up. To add to my anger i always get these types of players matched up with me;

The guy who leaves after one down

The guy who is incredibly selfish

The guy who thinks he is amazing and goes off by himself

The guy who is aged 5-10

The guy who literally has no common sense or understanding of how zombies works

These people never have mics plugged in aswell.

Does anyone else feel my pain? :(

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I totally feel the pain as well! 8/10 games result in

Early round quitting/timing out

No mic 2Bone-er randoms

Randoms unwilling to make needed lap to revive downed players

I do get some good games with people who dont quit no matter the round/down ratio or any other possible issue, thoseare rare and precious games. I usually try to avoid randoms, ill invite 2-3 friends and get a pub game going with just us.

Everytime i sit down to play a spot of zombies, it always goes like this for me, and it pisses me off so bad;

After waiting for about 10 minutes maybe even more i finally get into a lobby, by this time im impatient/fed up. To add to my anger i always get these types of players matched up with me;

The guy who leaves after one down

The guy who is incredibly selfish

The guy who thinks he is amazing and goes off by himself

The guy who is aged 5-10

The guy who literally has no common sense or understanding of how zombies works

These people never have mics plugged in aswell.

Does anyone else feel my pain? :(

I feel ya, I get annoyed by constant ragequitting from the typical random, among other things. To get around these issues, I only play with people who can talk. That's the rule I go by. If they talk with you, most players are willing to co-operate decently enough. I do avoid the people with two bones though lol.

Also "the guy who thinks he is amazing and goes off by himself"... I don't know what you mean, but in a lot of cases, the person who goes off and can handle himself is one of, if not the best, people to play with because he doesn't need constant babysitting and may be able to survive the round when everyone else goes down. So I don't mind those people. They usually know what they're doing better than most do.

• Administrators

I have the shotguns rank,and I noticed everytime I get put in a lobby with another they are either godawful, a glitcher, or back out every time they get a down. So matchmaking is impossible if the ranking system is bogus.

• Administrators

It's luck of the draw. Every once in a while you find a good person.

I could not have said it better than this.

I tend to stray off from my group (randoms, of course) and refuse to flip on my mic switch if it's not worth it. The match becomes very interesting when the randoms talk smack about how I'll do horrible because I have no mic and run far from them, but there are the same players who cry "revive me bro" when they go down and I'm the sole survivor.

Judging by particular attributes such as no mic or straying from the team aren't necessarily the best guidelines to follow. But I do agree:

I agree, but I do have to place myself as the guy who goes off alone, but only because I know I can handle myself, assuming my internet is working fine. Don't get me wrong, I do try and revive people, and I know I'm not great, but for some reason my friends see me as the guy who can handle himself, so they camp together while I train or rebuy my perks, or whatever.

Bottom line is, if you know your friends can't handle themselves, at least try and camp with them.

It's luck of the draw. Every once in a while you find a good person.

I could not have said it better than this.

I tend to stray off from my group (randoms, of course) and refuse to flip on my mic switch if it's not worth it. The match becomes very interesting when the randoms talk smack about how I'll do horrible because I have no mic and run far from them, but there are the same players who cry "revive me bro" when they go down and I'm the sole survivor.

Judging by particular attributes such as no mic or straying from the team aren't necessarily the best guidelines to follow. But I do agree:

Thanks Infest. And lol, I do that a lot too.

It's a sham how prejudiced people are against mic-less people. Some people just don't have mics. I choose to not use mine a lot with randoms, simply because talking brings so many issues with it. When someone realizes you can talk back, you'll be forced to endure various things from "Can we do the Easter Egggggg?????" to "We need to do my strategy!"

And I do like them being astonished that a mic-less person can beat their butts at Zombies.

Here is how i usually go into a map. i find a lobby and try to find a knife. if it gets full i hit map and then hit the game mode again. until i find a 2nd guy. then i back out invite him and get a third. after i usually get 3 it becomes hard for my connection to find people. i tell someone to back out and repeat the process for me for the 4th.

i know its bad to nit pick your teammates morally, but it helps. it might take 30 minutes. but zombies is all about waiting and getting that perfect team. if you don't have time play grief...

Here is how i usually go into a map. i find a lobby and try to find a knife. if it gets full i hit map and then hit the game mode again. until i find a 2nd guy. then i back out invite him and get a third. after i usually get 3 it becomes hard for my connection to find people. i tell someone to back out and repeat the process for me for the 4th.

i know its bad to nit pick your teammates morally, but it helps. it might take 30 minutes. but zombies is all about waiting and getting that perfect team. if you don't have time play grief...

That's just wrong. People that are higher ranks do not make them better players. Some of the worst players I've known had shotguns on their emblem.

That's just wrong. People that are higher ranks do not make them better players. Some of the worst players I've known had shotguns on their emblem.

but the chances of them being better is much higher. i rather do the chance game then hop into a lobby and see 3 crossbones with mics and hope to get to round 25 without people backing out.

As a couple of users said above, I can understand going off on your own if you can handle yourself, but in my case its always someone who doesnt stick to a strategy we have set up just to selfishly use the box or pack a punch without telling us or waiting till a crawler/ end of the round.

As a couple of users said above, I can understand going off on your own if you can handle yourself, but in my case its always someone who doesnt stick to a strategy we have set up just to selfishly use the box or pack a punch without telling us or waiting till a crawler/ end of the round.

I always hit box mid round and pap mid round. I hate waiting 20 mins every round so i dont ask others to do it for me. If imat the pap and i hear the LAST zombie i might ask to wait 1 minute but 1 minute at tops.