Your biggest easter egg fail

So after 2 unsuccesful tries at the easter egg me and some other guys were at the last step of the easter egg. it was round 11 and all we needed to do was knife the tower. It win the middle of the round when I heard "you got 5 minutes till I'm turning it off" in the background. I then rushed to get the last 1000 points to get the galva knuckles. I run to get them while the other guy was saying "don't do it in the middle of the round, you are going to go down" I then told him to chill that I have done it 100s of times before and I could do it again. but guess what, I go down after I miss a jump in the elevator shaft after buying the galva knuckles. The other guy was like toldya. he comes to revive me and goes down in the process.... lol. the third guy (the one with 5 minutes left) comes to revive us but his mom turned off his xbox in the middle of the process. so its down to the last guy, and i'm like CRAP. I say this because his rank was only the crossbones. he had 6k but after we went down it brought him to a remainder of 5.6k. he survives the round giving him enough to get galva knuckles but kills all the zombies in the process so nobody has jug at all and we are trying to survive round 12 with no perks. guy #1 goes down while guy #3 (w/ knuckles) is training during budha room. somehow I survive w/out jug in hole in the wall and meet up with the guy #3 and we head to the tower with one zombie left. i tell him the code and we kill the zombie and he hurrys to enter the code. He screws up... almost. the code was S,W,E,N. he hit the combo and didn't correctly hit north. almost went and hit south again but my yelling stoped him fast enough. he hit north again succesfully and we got all 6 perks. here is another fail though... I ran up to the radio tower to jump to trample steam, but while jumping I got hit and loss all 6 perks... but it was a fun game and thats why I do easter eggs. its the 4th time I have done the die rise easter egg (2 times on both sides)

tldr: you can finish the easter egg even if a guy lags out, don't always rely on the ranking system to tell you if somebody is good or not because even the worst ranks can prove to be good, and watch before you jump

and the point of this topic wasn't to just tell you a badly written story, but to ask you guys, What is your worst experience while doing easter eggs. this excludes people lagging out (unless its a good one) but more along of the lines of having to wait till round 20 or so for tunnel 6 to be excavated or something cool like that.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This didn't happen to me, but made me think of the most depressing ending my friend had to the Moon EE before we did it.

What happened was him and his 3 friends were on the last step, literally had the rockets already on their way to Earth. He goes to the bathroom, and the only guy alive lags and falls off the edge of the map, and the crawler goes over and kills my friend.

The saddest part?

The rockets hit the Earth literally a second later. No achievement for them though.

This didn't happen to me, but made me think of the most depressing ending my friend had to the Moon EE before we did it.

What happened was him and his 3 friends were on the last step, literally had the rockets already on their way to Earth. He goes to the bathroom, and the only guy alive lags and falls off the edge of the map, and the crawler goes over and kills my friend.

The saddest part?

The rockets hit the Earth literally a second later. No achievement for them though.

hahahhaahahahahahah that actually made me chuckle

I was doing CotD EE with a few of my friends. We were on the second to last step, shooting a zombie with the VR-11 and killing him before he goes up the green light into the portal. We only had one crawler, so when we turned him, the round was over. As we scrambled up the spiral staircase in the lighthouse, zombies started to swarm us from all directions. We managed to kill the guy, but I was out of ammo from shooting him, so I booked it down the staircase to get the Golden Rod and finish it. I thought my friends were right behind me when I see:

Friend1 needs to be revived.

Friend2 needs to be revived.

Friend3 needs to be revived.

All in quick succession. They got triple sandwiched. I grabbed the Golden Rod, and like a fool, ran to try to finish the EE with a hoard chasing me. I thought it'd be epic to just get the Wunderwaffe, wreck 'em all, and clutch like a pro. I put the Golden Rod into the tube that delivers it to the characters, and waited for the Wunderwaffe drop. At this point, my friends are screaming at me that I still need to knife the fuse to finish our two hours of work. The hoard ran into my room, and I panicked. I ran up the stairs just to be cut off by George Romero in the doorway that leads to the stairs. I turned to run into the door next to PhD Flopper, but saw another train sprinting at me from there. That was the end of that.

We ended up getting it the next day, but seriously, my friends wanted to kill me.

Myself and a friend were doing GLF Maxis. We flew through the elevators, only spent 3 rounds in Buddha room and got the correct quotes like clockwork. Had the order already figured too. It was looking like a textbook run.

We needed to set the TS and add the balls. We found all the spots in 2 rounds, but 3 of our TS died out while we were looking for the 4th. This is about round 13 now and we decide to shuffle our TS a little so we can all get fresh ones...

I was training on the rooftop while the other 3 went to fetch new TS...I needed a new one too, but didn't want to run over right away, the round was still going. Then I see them start to drop like flies. I run over, blast the horde with my Sliq and start to revive, but I forgot about all the zombies I had behind me. I got one guy up before I went down, he tried to run away to the hole in the floor and MISSED the jump! Game over.

Clan":2zgrrwry]ive never done a major easter egg... :cry: unless u count the flytrap

thats a fail in itself, you need to get a team up and runnig and get at least the tranzit one done. doing easter eggs are so much fun

im more of a strategy person..i wrote a strategy guide for the wii since there was only one...but i only got one reply lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the last step of the TOB and there were three of us

THROW!

My friend never threw his EMP and he wasnt even the one having to do two! After that he rage quit and me and my other friend managed to do that step ourselves which was pretty pro, considering its a four player easter egg

I was doin Tranzit Easter egg and my friend was host . We got to power and maxis didn't start talking so I was suspicious but couldn't think of anything that we had done wrong so we continued. We did it all and still nothing so I asked my friend "WAIT! Is this on easy difficulty" Him "Oh Yeah, Why". Facepalm , that's two hours wasted. Have now tried it about 30 times, still haven't got it. :x

• Administrators

I distinctively remember the Shangri-la Easter Egg that I did with a few of my friendos right before Moon came out. We were just on the part of obtaining the Focusing Stone when the round started on 20. Only a few seconds went by and two of our teammates went down. I tried to train and revive them when I fell into those water geysers with a horde waiting to get their turn on it. I recall all three of us screaming at the last guy to grab the stone, only for him to come face to face with a Napalm Zombie upon going up one of the geysers.

Yep, never doing that Easter Egg ever again. [i had to redo it a few days later.]

I've had to do all the Easter eggs with randoms... NOT much fun... People just do NOT know how to fallow orders... I tried almost every night for 5 months to get the TIME TRAVEL WILL TELL acheivement... I became so overjoyed when I did!.. Afterwards, moon was EASY! Tranzit was a BREEZE and die rise I admit I compleatly lucked out on, as I got a perfect team!...

Now that we have a different goal of building a plane... What's in store for the Easter egg?!? :Wonder: (I know we don't have the emote)

I've had to do all the Easter eggs with randoms... NOT much fun... People just do NOT know how to fallow orders... I tried almost every night for 5 months to get the TIME TRAVEL WILL TELL acheivement... I became so overjoyed when I did!.. Afterwards, moon was EASY! Tranzit was a BREEZE and die rise I admit I compleatly lucked out on, as I got a perfect team!...

Now that we have a different goal of building a plane... What's in store for the Easter egg?!? :Wonder: (I know we don't have the emote)

thats why i love the shotgun rank. all noobs listen. unless they are one of those stuck up brats that think they are the bees knees. i don't like playing with them anyways. don't get me wrong i don't abuse the rank but people do tend to listen more.