Antarctica is the next DLC Setting

I've been recently seriously pondering the icy continent as the setting for our next DLC and as I research it more and more, I'm becoming quite convinced. I'm going to attempt to support my claims with evidence now...

First and foremost, I'll explain why.

We should all be familiar with the heavy use of triangles or pyramids within the mythology of Zombies and also of conspiracies surrounding the Illuminati. Can I assume that's a given? Ok. So, with that in mind, why are so many of us assuming that the maps will work in a circular fashion with each new map giving us a new Nav card with which to insert into the following map's Nav Table? Sure, that's a linear way of thinking, but we should all know better than to keep expecting fastballs down the pipe from Treyarch.

I'll agree we will need to power up another tower and it will have a Nav Table and a Nav card, but I think this next one will be the last of this trend as 3 points completes our triangle. See the map below:

It won't display correctly, too big.

Secondly, let's tie Antarctica into the mythology. Here are some interesting reads about conspiracies surrounding Antarctica:

Underground Entrance???

An excerpt from this article read:

"Conspiracy theorists recall the rumor, following WWII, of Nazi bases that were established in Antarctica. Other stories say that the Nazis contacted and were working with a group of extra-terrestrials and that there is an huge underground base there."

More conspiracies...

This last one's pretty lengthy, but it highlights Russian scientists attempting to drill through the ice into Lake Vostok and communications being lost, as well as a past US Naval "Attack" of Antarctica that was swept under the carpet. One thing to note that's strange is the then (1947) acting Secretary of the Navy (James Forrestall), "lost it big time" following the operation, dubbed Highjump.

"He started talking about all sorts of things like the secret cabals controlling the Earth and such. He was declared insane and locked up at Bethesda Naval Hospital. His family sued the government for his release. They won. The day before the scheduled release James fell to his death from the Presidential Suite. There were scratch marks all over the window frame most likely made by a man fighting for his life not taking his life. His death was ruled suicide."

…Sounds to me like the powers that be wanted Mr. Forrestall silenced once and for all, but locking him up in a mental hospital failed, so he had to have a fatal “accident”.

So, we can assume there are strange things going on in Antarctica. It's surrounded by reports of UFO's, soldiers going insane after operations on the continent, scientists disappearing, and conspiracies abound...Most importantly that of Nazis building large underground bases.

Combining all of this with the small tear on the GLF loading screen that hints at some underground facility as our next DLC, I can only conclude it will be this rumored underground base of Antarctica.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read "He started talking about all sorts of things like the secret cabals controlling the Earth and such. He was declared insane and locked up at Bethesda Naval Hospital. His family sued the government for his release. They won. The day before the scheduled release James fell to his death from the Presidential Suite. There were scratch marks all over the window frame most likely made by a man fighting for his life not taking his life. His death was ruled suicide."

I shuddered in my seat... Always interested in suicide/murder/experimenty stuff.. :P Don't know why though

So you knew there was already a detailed thread on the subject, why not post this data there? It would have gotten more exposure. Personally all I see here is more supporting data for GRILL's thread and not quite enough information to form a solid theory if your not just gonna add onto his.

Actually, I searched to find Grill's thread and a lot of the same information appears there as well as in this thread, but as his thread was developed to theorize Antarctica's role in our storyline, this thread has a more pointed claim: that an underground base in Antarctica will be the setting for our next DLC.

Not to mention, I'm not working directly with Grill on this research. He's exhausted most of the conspiracy topics related to Antarctica in his thread that can be found freely. I am taking it a step further and claiming that Antarctica will be the next map.

If you debate that claim, please post a reply outlining your reasons, but please refrain from arguing technicalities with me such as why this is a seperate thread. If Grill notices this post and would like to add it to his, he's free to do so. If a moderator feels they should be merged, so be it. Until either of those outcomes are a reality, this thread is meant for discussion of Antarctica as the next DLC or how certain individuals feel that won't be the case...Not why this thread exists.

I am not looking to debate, debunk or bash your theory. Sometimes things I say come off as rude, but I am not intending to be mean. I am just a blunt person. All I am getting at, is that this thread seems to be lacking information. You have some interesting conspiracies, but it just feels like more digging is necessary for this to tie into zombies. Maybe it doesn't quite fit into a Lake Vostek thread, but I see no real connections to zombies lore. I understand the running theme of government secrets, facilities and quests for power, but here you have assumed that most of us are already following what you are implying. It would be better served if you just explained if only briefly.

Here are some articles that contain data you may wanna pour through, I only skimmed but read some interesting snippets regarding Agartha, Shangri-La, Antarctica's Rainbow City, Nazi's and UFO craft.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierr ... eca_26.htm

http://antarctica.greyfalcon.us/aryb.html

Here is a page on pyramid energy

http://www.alexpetty.com/2009/10/31/pyramid-fields/

A video on youtube of a pyramid shaped ufo (Very large 1 mi diamater) hovering over moscow kremlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VC8KtKrcRc

I can't say if any of this helps you, although I am thinking it might. Very interesting stuff, I just simply don't have time right now to read it. I will get back to you though.

(TIP: If using firefox as your browser hold Ctrl+F to search the displayed text for specific words.)

The conspiracies about the Nazis building a huge underground base and working with highly intelligent and powerful extra-terrestrials in Antarctica, doesn't suffice?

Or the FACT that right after WWII, possibly on the heels of rumors that the Nazis were involved there, the US launched a huge naval operation to Antarctica. Chilean authorities thought they were being invaded, the operation was so large and most reports thought this look like an attack on Antarctica.

All of this is in the links I provided.

The question is simple. Why would the US Navy need to send such huge forces to Antarctica? Did they want their Navy to melt some ice with their firepower? What sense does that make? It's pretty simple to see they were expecting Nazis to be hunkered in and wanted to be prepared for a fight. All of this, which is factual, happened in 1947 post WWII.

If the Nazis were, working with extra-terrestrials in Antarctica, it makes sense that in a fictional sense Element 115 would have been studied there, as well. And who could these ETs have been? Possibly the Vril-Ya?

I do expect my readers to fill in the gaps and connect the dots, after all, this is the Asylum where readers are expected to have a good understanding of the general backstory. I don't think it's too much to ask, but one of those links has a wealth of information and I felt it sufficed for my theory.

I don't mean to come off defensive, but I did take your post as a scathing review and felt I needed to course-correct. No harm, no foul. I hope this post has been the further explanation you needed.

I do know my zombies storyline, I joined these forums specifically for the in-depth discussions. I also read your articles and links. No need to get defensive if you are secure in your conclusions. What I am referring to is in game evidence. There is ALOT of shit just like what you have mentioned that happened all over the world. My question is simply, what are you using to back up your claim that you believe this to be the next map? In game audio or visuals or implications regarding the EE.

For example GLF was predicted on these forums based off of the Wii Kino radios. People are predicting some form of water map based off of the design of the Who's Who perk machine and the Jumping Jack's webbed features. I don't need to be re lectured about previously mentioned material.

You are getting offended and trying to compensate your lack of connecting information by saying that I don't know my lore, when it is quite the opposite. This is alot of speculation that ties into real world history and not zombies.

Simply pointing out a conspiracy that sounds like zombies will connect to it at some point is not evidence of a connection. Regardless of how "scathing" you thought my post was, it was still constructive criticism. I did not attack you personally nor did I say your theory was shit.

I simply asked what anyone would ask when reading a post that claims to have evidence of the next map, but presents no real evidence. Sorry to have offended you, but if you can't present any direct relation to previous zombies maps or clues then you are only speculating. After all, that is all I was asking for was some form of in game evidence.

At least GRILL's post was about Lake Vostek and how it connects to everything, not how it definately will be the next map. Do you see now what I am getting at?

You can get angry all you want, but I am not bashing you, I am simply asking for evidence. You ARE after all claiming that Antarctica IS the next DLC map.

For example, I could say that the next Assassin's Creed game is DEFINITELY going to take place in the Carribean because I know it is about pirates and I could post links that give us interesting information about pirates, but none of this in no way makes my case.

You've made your point now and have greatly offended me with your tactless language. It strikes me as both crude and pretentious. Simply stating that you did not feel this theory was correct due to lack of evidence directly tying into the game would've been quite enough to say, but you felt the need to boast of your knowledge, accuse me of being defensive and incompetent of delivering sufficient evidence.

You may disagree with my theory. You may vehemently disagree with my theory, but when you disagree with the language you just have, expect me, if not others also, to lose respect for you. Again, a simple statement that you disagree would have sufficed. Even if you meant constuctive criticism, you came off as aggressively attacking my theory...No, more like aggressively attacking my ability to theorize. You know, I can theorize that the sky will be yellow tomorrow morning and support my claim with evidence that I dreamed it would happen. It's still a theory regardless of the supporting facts, however fantastic they may be.

• Administrators

Friendos, please refrain from arguing. I know you each are seeing this topic on different ends of the spectrum, but any personal implications should be taken out via PMs or elsewhere. It's disappointing to see such great and thoughtful minds collide with one another.

The way I see it, ETEI2NAL did rely on GRILL's Lake Vostok threads to create his theory about a plausible Antarctica map. There is little to no in-game proof to further prove this. While zombo is right about in-game validation being very resourceful and credible as a source, not all theories related to zombies require such a thing. Sometimes, you have to think outside the box when there are no instructions to follow.

In a nutshell, you are both correct to a certain extent. But let's not fight about how a zombie theory should be maintained, yes? Back to the topic of Antarctica:

Would that mean we'd technically be able to access deserted Nazi stations underneath the ice and possibly further to explain more about this strange civilization known as the Vril-ya? Could you say that it may tie in to learning more about the dark entity within the MPD/Aether?

I don't think I could do a better job than | GRILL | at explaining how Antarctica is connected to our Storyline, but just have a look for yourself. He has compiled lots of information and I definitely thank him for that.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=27081

thanks for the credit, ETEl2NAL407!

Friendos, please refrain from arguing. I know you each are seeing this topic on different ends of the spectrum, but any personal implications should be taken out via PMs or elsewhere.

The way I see it, ETEI2NAL did rely on GRILL's Lake Vostok threads to create his theory about a plausible Antarctica map. There is little to no in-game proof to further prove this. While zombo is right about in-game validation being very resourceful and credible as a source, not all theories related to zombies require such a thing. Sometimes, you have to think outside the box when there are no instructions to follow.

and thank you Infest, for diffusing the situation - you mediator, you :mrgreen:

Lake Vostok did not come from any game source whatsoever. It was all based on PINNAZ' conspiracy thread from the Bus Driver quotes, and in fact - the Bus Driver never mentions Lake Vostok. After I read about Secret Nazi Bases & Golden Swastikas buried under the ice - I thought it could indeed bare mentioning. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

In the end, I think we've seen our frigid ice map. COTD was more than enough.

...and honestly, if 3 rockets blew up the world and there was lava seeping from the crust worldwide - would there be any ice left? Food for thought.

You've made your point now and have greatly offended me with your tactless language. It strikes me as both crude and pretentious. Simply stating that you did not feel this theory was correct due to lack of evidence directly tying into the game would've been quite enough to say, but you felt the need to boast of your knowledge, accuse me of being defensive and incompetent of delivering sufficient evidence.

You may disagree with my theory. You may vehemently disagree with my theory, but when you disagree with the language you just have, expect me, if not others also, to lose respect for you. Again, a simple statement that you disagree would have sufficed. Even if you meant constuctive criticism, you came off as aggressively attacking my theory...No, more like aggressively attacking my ability to theorize. You know, I can theorize that the sky will be yellow tomorrow morning and support my claim with evidence that I dreamed it would happen. It's still a theory regardless of the supporting facts, however fantastic they may be.

I wasn't attacking you in any shape way or form. Let's get that clear right now. I stated multiple times. I stated a few things multiple times. I even apologized for offending you. But let's be honest, after my first post you already had it in your head that you were going to argue with me and dislike me. All of your posts towards me reflect that. For every instance you thought I was being rude, you intentionally were rude in response. It seems you have alot of insecurities regarding your posted material. I will keep that in mind when dealing with you in the future. I never meant offense, ever. I apologize again. Yes my last post was rude, but before that I was simply trying to talk about it. Why are you here if not to discuss? I never said I disagree with you in anyway either. I am very open minded on the subject and I also am aware that not all "strings" can be traced back to the source. (i.e. in game story references regarding future material.)I...ASKED...YOU...SEVERAL...TIMES....to simply tell me, what data you were relying on to form this theory and you came back at me with a feudal mentallity. Don't look to me because of this argument, I was not seeking an argument. As for the "respect" issue, I don't worry. Maybe you should worry though if "respect" is a big deal for you. Your whole theory is entirely piggy backed off of GRILLs theory and you don't even present the data, you expect people to do it for you in the comments.

again... read carefully.... I never had a problem with you or your theory. You don't like how I went about talking about it. I get that. But for every bit of rudeness you accuse me of, you are guilty of. No?

Ok so lets just drop this. I already have my answer. Someone else had to come and post it because you never did. You responded by attacking me personally. N u think im losing respect? people make mistakes and people forgive and forget. Im going to immediately forget about this "argument" after i hit send. No hard feelings towards you on my end. It was never about you or you having a theory. It was ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS just an attempt to understand and discuss.

...and honestly, if 3 rockets blew up the world and there was lava seeping from the crust worldwide - would there be any ice left? Food for thought.

I pose this to you GRILL. Lake Vostek is under deep ice and sopposedly there is also a base under deep ice and possibly an ancient city. If the world were going to shit, then perhaps the secrets at Lake Vostek no longer are secrets. Maybe the Ice is melted and the facility is exposed. Although I am thinking the next map will be on a boat or a sub instead of Antarctica.

Would that mean we'd technically be able to access deserted Nazi stations underneath the ice and possibly further to explain more about this strange civilization known as the Vril-ya? Could you say that it may tie in to learning more about the dark entity within the MPD/Aether?

This is what I believe. I think the next DLCs are going to be much more interesting than we have anticipated. As many are pointing to more NAV tables and more towers to power up, I believe Treyarch is going to surprise us all and take the story in another direction. Throw us a curveball, if you will.

I think we will power up a tower in one of the secret underground Nazi bases of Antarctica and uncover some radio/television broadcasts about the history of that base and possibly some interaction with the Vril-Ya or whatever ET presence is rumored through conspiracies to be there, or has been there.

I ultimately believe the "plot will thicken" and either the remaining DLCs will open a doorway for another installment of the Zombie storyline, or will neatly end the storyline...After all, BO:2 is technically the third installment and most stories are trilogies.

Well...

Maybe the Ice is melted and the facility is exposed.

...What he said.

The Vril-Ya or Aryans may be there. Or the remnants of some of their technology. (The Vril-Ya are the original race for planet earth, not ETs in the classic sense.)

So far a huge piece from our lore is missing. We have heard about the Vril-Ya and Aryans for some time but have seen neither. I also think we are due for a visit to Agartha. Perhaps this Antarctic DLC will be the "Groom Lake" for our "Inner Earth" map. I could envision a mid-sized nazi outpost with a large teleporter or transport that takes us to another level in "Inner Earth". Maybe they are cookie cutting the information and aren't going to take us there, but I feel like we should go there.

I highly doubt that taking down Richtofen will be as easy as re calibrating a few towers. I dare say that we may not even see the conclusion in this game.

The Vril-Ya or Aryans may be there. Or the remnants of some of their technology.

This is exactly why I think Antarctica will be next. The GLF Loading screen hints that our next map appears to be underground. Based on the conspiracy reports that Antarctica houses some huge underground base and the reports that Nazis were rumored to be in league with ETs at this highly secret underground facility, causes me to think we'll make a visit. Although, we may not come in direct contact with the Vril-Ya, I think this next map will reveal that the plot is going to turn that way. I think we'll see "remnants of thei technology", as you've stated, perhaps radio broadcasts that will further set the plot in the Vril-Ya direction, and/or the EE will set us up for possibly going deeper into the Earth. Perhaps by us powering up what I believe will be the final tower will disturb the Vril-Ya in their current realm and open the plot to now having to deal with that situation.

I highly doubt that taking down Richtofen will be as easy as re calibrating a few towers. I dare say that we may not even see the conclusion in this game.

I do agree, but I actually don't think the plot will continue focused on Richtofen or Maxis. I think we'll do something to aid either of them only to have that blow up in their face and involve the Vril-Ya in further DLCs.

You guys gotta think about the ending theme too. When you die on Die Rise, you hear footsteps closing in and then a cage being shut. You could say I'm a little straight forward when I'm deducing this, but from the moment I heard that, I immediately thought of a jail. And it looks like we're heading there, too.

Anyway. The new map will be announced soon for sure, I'm just gonna think about what could possibly happen to us in Alcatraz. And how it links with the other locations we've been in. Does anyone know some history of Alcatraz back in the 60's that could give us a clue to why we are heading there?

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't think we can even predict any of the future maps. Sure, we can give evidence and theorize on the places that are MOST LIKELY going to be a map, but think about it: who would have guessed Alcatraz? They just wanted a fun place for the map to be, and THEN they made it somehow tie in to the storyline.

All I'm saying is, the zombies team can take us wherever they want us. The storyline isn't set out in stone. Nor was it ever planned or written out all the way. New things are added, but at the end of the day, WE are the one's who make the storyline, not Treyarch. They put in subtle clues here and there, connecting parts of the story and know roughly where they want the story to go, be we make the theories, and they listen.