New post-patch programming glitch

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. In BO, if you went down with your 1st or 2nd gun in your hand, you lost the 3rd gun. If you went down with 3rd gun in your hand, you lost the 2nd gun. You never lost the 1st gun, possibly because it could have been M&S... AS for why you lost your 1st gun in BO2, that is a mystery, probably a glitch.

Not true. In BO, if you went down with your 1st or 2nd gun in your hand, you lost the 3rd gun. If you went down with 3rd gun in your hand, you lost the 2nd gun. You never lost the 1st gun, possibly because it could have been M&S... AS for why you lost your 1st gun in BO2, that is a mystery, probably a glitch.

Actually, 834567 is right. Before getting Mule Kick, I had the Sliquifier and the SVU. I bought the PDW for third slot. While going for a loop from the café to the dragon building, I go down from fall damage even after hitting the slide before the next level in the elevator shaft. (Round 31, with Jug. I was pretty freakin' upset.) When I get up, I've only got the PDW and SVU. Sliquifier is simply gone. To troll me even more, the zombie I was saving died. I simply turned off my Xbox at that point.

Actually, 834567 is right. Before getting Mule Kick, I had the Sliquifier and the SVU. I bought the PDW for third slot. While going for a loop from the café to the dragon building, I go down from fall damage even after hitting the slide before the next level in the elevator shaft. (Round 31, with Jug. I was pretty freakin' upset.) When I get up, I've only got the PDW and SVU. Sliquifier is simply gone. To troll me even more, the zombie I was saving died. I simply turned off my Xbox at that point.

Same thing happened to me. Lost my Sliquifier. This is why you need to stay away from Mule Kick in BO2.

SO.. .Which weapon was in your hand, 1,2, or 3? Because in BO1 it works exactly as I stated, unsure about BO2, but would like to know.

I concur with 83457. I was playing last night and had stupidly taken the sliquifier as my third gun. At round 38 it was the only weapon I was using, and when I went down, I lost it, as I should have. You always lose the third gun, regardless of which gun is currently in your hands.

Or at least this is how it was in BO1, and how it appears to be in BO2. If we're losing random guns now then that is crap...

Since bo, mule kick always added a third gun slot and that has always been the gun that gets lost if you lose mule kick.

Well, for the first time ever, I lost gun #1 after the patch.

Seriously failarch?

I researched this heavily back in Black Ops. And my research holds true for Black Ops II.

When you obtain Mule Kick, you get a third weapon slot. The next weapon you buy will take up that slot. Your weapons will be your first weapon, your second weapon, and your third weapon.

When you go down and lose Mule Kick, you lose your third weapon slot, including the third weapon.... 99% of the time.

Yes, that's right. That's because every time you grab a weapon, be it a wall weapon, wonder weapons, Box weapon, whatever. Be it grabbing your second weapon, third weapon, switching your weapon for another weapon, whatever. Anytime you do something with your weapons you have less than a 1% of the game misconfiguring your weapon order.

I've experienced this many times myself. Let's take an example. Once on Moon I had the Wave Gun, the Ray Gun, and the HK21. I ran out of ammo for the HK21, so I switched it for the HS10 from the box. Then I noticed my weapon order was now Ray Gun, HS10, and Wave Gun.

I figured out with tedious testing of going down with Mule Kick repeatedly that this happens rarely. 1% you may ask, that is such a small chance! But think of how many times with Mule Kick you change weapons over your zombie career... The odds add up. Just be comforted by the fact that it happens rarely.

In the event that you notice the early signs that your weapon order has been mixed up, just be prepared, because now you don't know which weapon is considered your third. If you have a ton of points, you can down yourself at the end of the round so that you can get revived and get your weapon order fixed, because you will then know which was your third.

Also, beware the Who's Who glitch, as that can do some real funky stuff to your weapons, of all kinds.

Since bo, mule kick always added a third gun slot and that has always been the gun that gets lost if you lose mule kick.

Well, for the first time ever, I lost gun #1 after the patch.

Seriously failarch?

I researched this heavily back in Black Ops. And my research holds true for Black Ops II.

When you obtain Mule Kick, you get a third weapon slot. The next weapon you buy will take up that slot. Your weapons will be your first weapon, your second weapon, and your third weapon.

When you go down and lose Mule Kick, you lose your third weapon slot, including the third weapon.... 99% of the time.

Yes, that's right. That's because every time you grab a weapon, be it a wall weapon, wonder weapons, Box weapon, whatever. Be it grabbing your second weapon, third weapon, switching your weapon for another weapon, whatever. Anytime you do something with your weapons you have less than a 1% of the game misconfiguring your weapon order.

I've experienced this many times myself. Let's take an example. Once on Moon I had the Wave Gun, the Ray Gun, and the HK21. I ran out of ammo for the HK21, so I switched it for the HS10 from the box. Then I noticed my weapon order was now Ray Gun, HS10, and Wave Gun.

I figured out with tedious testing of going down with Mule Kick repeatedly that this happens rarely. 1% you may ask, that is such a small chance! But think of how many times with Mule Kick you change weapons over your zombie career... The odds add up. Just be comforted by the fact that it happens rarely.

In the event that you notice the early signs that your weapon order has been mixed up, just be prepared, because now you don't know which weapon is considered your third. If you have a ton of points, you can down yourself at the end of the round so that you can get revived and get your weapon order fixed, because you will then know which was your third.

Also, beware the Who's Who glitch, as that can do some real funky stuff to your weapons, of all kinds.

i had this happen the other night, where being revived in who's who mode caused me only be able to shoot. couldnt change guns couldn't throw nades, couldnt get out trample steam nothing. so since we were already far along, i just got downed by one of the zombie stragglers we had, and then i got full ability back just had to re-buy perks. not a huge deal. however one of our players internet shut off and he got disconnected right after lol so it was all for naught :lol:

I think it's now in BO:2 that you lose your most powerful weapon.

In DR, I bought AN-94, then Sliq. Bought MK and grabbed the SVU. Went down, lost the Sliq, no gun order change.

Different game, also DR, I buy AN-94, SVU, MK then get DSR from the box. PaP my DSR 4 times for Iron Sights (LOVE!!!), go down, lose the DSR. Since it was my third, that makes sense, but the other game the Sliq was my #2, so how did I lose it over SVU and AN-94?

The only thing I can think of is either:

A) You lose your most powerful gun, or

B) The Sliquifier is a special circumstance with MK

I think it's now in BO:2 that you lose your most powerful weapon.

In DR, I bought AN-94, then Sliq. Bought MK and grabbed the SVU. Went down, lost the Sliq, no gun order change.

Different game, also DR, I buy AN-94, SVU, MK then get DSR from the box. PaP my DSR 4 times for Iron Sights (LOVE!!!), go down, lose the DSR. Since it was my third, that makes sense, but the other game the Sliq was my #2, so how did I lose it over SVU and AN-94?

The only thing I can think of is either:

A) You lose your most powerful gun, or

B) The Sliquifier is a special circumstance with MK

The only problem with this is that there's no real ranking of powerful guns. If you have the rpd, the hk, and an upgraded galil, which is the most powerful? You might have your opinions, but that doesn't mean you're right

I understand your method, MMX and I appreciate that. It does make sense that the game may for 1% of the time get confused about your weapon slots.

Unfortunately, in BO:2 I have experienced that without changing gun order, I can still lose a #2 gun. Maybe it takes Wonder Weapons before anything else.

Eternal, I can assure you that using my method I always know which weapon I will lose, excepting that 1% of the time. I always make sure my third weapon is a crappy point weapon. And 99% of the time I lose that weapon, so yeah... It's not the strongest one.

murder, how do you tell which slot it is in? really thought about this and I got nothing. :lol:

I must admit my mistake. I did lose the second gun slot due to having the third in hand. I did not ever have that happen before, so I failposted.

Apologies for incorrect information and crankiness on the site.

Edit: here is what happened to make it happen: i had m1911 (1st), built/grabbed sliqie (2nd), replaced slot one with an-94, got mk for free, bought mtar from box (3rd). Held mtar in hand when I went down, lost slot 2 sliq. I mistakenly thought that it was in slot one but I had previously traded slot one for the an-94.

So I assume that holding the mtar in hand when I was downed caused me to lose the 2nd slot in lieu of the 3rd. Or it is the 1% glitch mentioned above.

Thanks for the corrections/support all!

The only problem with this is that there's no real ranking of powerful guns. If you have the rpd, the hk, and an upgraded galil, which is the most powerful? You might have your opinions, but that doesn't mean you're right

There is an order ascertained by max damage without/with multipliers times max ammo.

It shows just how important head shots are too :)

Galil (52k,210k) vs Lamentation (116k,578k)

HK21 (94k,281k) vs H115 Oscillator (189,567k)

RPK (65k,195k) vs R115 Resonator (113k,338k)

Unpaped the HK21 wins, PAPed the Lamentation wins.

You could argue for firerate etc effecting this, but as the guns are dependent on max ammos to refill, I think it's kinda null.

A viable test regarding this would be to find the ratings based on what ChopperNator said above for 3 easily accessible Wall guns in BO:2, then get the most powerful in slot 2, acquire MK, go down and see which is removed.

I'm not sure about the ratings, but I would imagine in a game of DR we could rank it as most to least powerful with just a sample of three quick guns:

1)Olympia

2)PDW

3)M14

So, for the test we'd, in theory, purchase Olympia (Slot 2), then replace Colt with M14 (Slot 1), then purchase MK, then purchase PDW (Slot 3), go down, revive and see which gun we lost. I could be completely wrong about the ratings with these guns, though and not even sure if they must all be in the same class to outrank one another, i.e. Only shotguns, SMGs, etc..

There seem to be a huge number of variables in this experiment, but if anyone wants to assist me in figuring this out, I'll perform the tests and apply scientific method, just need a solid ranking system to base these tests on.

yea id try,

M14 in your 3rd slot with an PaP AN94 in your 2nd slot. die and see what you keep.

try that with PDW, Remington and Mp5.

then try the same thing with the sliquifer in place of the AN94..

another variable could be Whos who messing stuff up. maybe you should try that too?

just some ideas to get the ball rolling..

I'd start with the simplest variables first, which is just guns and their respective power ranking. I would not really test WW as a variable, because if I can solve the fucntion of MK depending on weapons/slots, if WW were to interfere with that it would then be a glitch. MK should function the same regardless of other perks. The question is not, "How glitchy is this?", but "Which gun is lost when MK is lost?"

Thanks for the input, Jinro, but I'm not going to devote more time to this experiment than the devs did while actualy creating the game, lol.

I currently am running with the theory that it took slot 2 because I had gun 3 in hand as I went down.

I may try buying a second gun first, then trading the first slot for the sliq gun as that is the biggest concern for me. If I get different results, maybe this is a failfix to ruin the sliquifier. As treyarch does suck at programming and balance issues. I hate to believe they would hurt their players that much on purpose, but it is believable, sadly.