Floating "The boat"

A recent tweet lead us Asylum people to believe that the next map will an underwater map. Here is the post: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29607

Okay so the tweet says something about a boat and bailing water out of it... maybe you will have to bail water out of a boat so it won't sink.

--Whoops

Maybe it will replace building barriers? He also mentions a ladder. Maybe you can go underwater..? In the post there was mention of an underwater gun. Its going to be AWESOME!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate you drawing attention to my post. Being in Asylum not a lot of members view that section.

So, if you all are interested, I really hope anyone who hasn't seen it could go there and contribute towards it.

I constantly update it for any new leads.

FYI, I give credit towards anyone who brings me a lead.

Lets get a discussion going!

I still don't see how an underwater map could "work."

Where would the zombies come from? Magically from the sea? And how would shooting underwater hold up? Treyarch would have to make up new major gameplay mechanics for one map!

Maybe if the underwater section would make you not have any weapons to use, but then that would lead to countless people complaining about "bullshit" deaths because they had no weapon. If they made it so that zombies couldn't attack you while travelling underwater, then what would be the point? It would just be a boring tread through passageways that could have been ignored in the first place. It's like if TranZit forced you to move from place to place on foot, except zombies wouldn't attack you and Denizens didn't exist. Just no point.

I'm sure that an under water map would work... I don't mean actually fully underwater I mean like on a boat and maybe at a certain wave a boss comes along and puts the boat underwater and you have to kill it.. Look I'm sure that Trey arch can make a badass made out of it! :D

I still don't see how an underwater map could "work."

Where would the zombies come from? Magically from the sea? And how would shooting underwater hold up? Treyarch would have to make up new major gameplay mechanics for one map!

Maybe if the underwater section would make you not have any weapons to use, but then that would lead to countless people complaining about "bullshit" deaths because they had no weapon. If they made it so that zombies couldn't attack you while travelling underwater, then what would be the point? It would just be a boring tread through passageways that could have been ignored in the first place. It's like if TranZit forced you to move from place to place on foot, except zombies wouldn't attack you and Denizens didn't exist. Just no point.

Not sure if this was meant as a constructive criticism or not. Gameplay wise, you could've said the same thing about the moon. But they did it and an underwater environment is used to simulate space missions and certain tests. Therefor the coding is already there and would be simple.

Where would zombies come from? Where have most of the zombies came from? The facilities themselves and the usual piles of dead bodies that seem to always correspond with element 115 research. Once again, how were there zombies on moon?

As far as interacting with outside water there are several ways to make this fun and entertaining. Underwater wonder weapons, oxygen time limit, possibly even letting PaP weapons work as they are a laser based technology. Treyarch definitely has a technology imagination in my opinion that could pull it off.

As far as the theory itself, I have no idea. Research and investigation is what drives me and I myself have only heard of this theory from Blitz as of tonight so I cannot state my opinion on it. What I can say though is negativity in any thread and calling any statements incorrect because of just simply your opinion is not a way to conduct yourself in a place like this.

Move on if your not interested and don't agree with someones theories. If it's constructive criticism then by all means. We've all discussed forum quality, this is one way to make sure posts aren't being buried and important information is presented.

Look, I said this because it is an objective opinion about something that many people are theorizing about. I wasn't trying to put anyone down, I was stating the logic behind what would happen in such an environment.

What I can say though is negativity in any thread and calling any statements incorrect because of just simply your opinion is not a way to conduct yourself in a place like this.

It's not negativity, it's debunking. Addressing possible flaws in theories is normal "in a place like this." Even the strongest of theories will have certain flaws within them that people can state. With all due respect, I'm not sure how someone who's been on this forum for barely two months could criticize me on this.

Not everyone will agree on everything, and not everyone will just passively stand by. A forum is a place for discussion, and for offering multiple insights from multiple people. My opinion on the matter is just as valid as his, or yours, or anyone's.

Where would the zombies come from? Magically from the sea?

COTD zombies spawn "magically" from the sea. In Tranzit zombies "magically" spawn from lava

Treyarch would have to make up new major gameplay mechanics for one map!

See Moon...

See mutiple underwater levels in COD campaigns

Maybe if the underwater section would make you not have any weapons to use, but then that would lead to countless people complaining about "bullshit" deaths because they had no weapon. If they made it so that zombies couldn't attack you while travelling underwater, then what would be the point?

Submarine/Boat used as transport to and from locations. Zombies attack vehicles as you travel.

There, all of the "debunking" has been "debunked".

To Kered: He's right this is normal behaviour here, you just have to step up your game. It's not enough to just say "nuh-uh" you have to explain why...

wasn't the boat analogy on Jimmy's tweet referencing your zombies rank?

someone, somewhere, had talked about a water board similar to Bioshock 2. I think it was bioshock 2 that was in rapture, which was like a broke down atlantis. plenty of hallways and areas and all with room to run around but also passages that are underwater/flooded and such.

imagine a boss zombie that is like a big daddy!

It wasn't actually Jimmy that tweeted that. He was quoting 'JuggerJay'

I still got no idea what he's talking about, maybe he thinks the Zombies Devs are cashing in & the game has more holes than a boat? IDK.

None the less, there are some good ideas here. Maybe a water map can have a game mechanic like the MP 'Hydro' where certain rooms or areas flood?

What I get out of this analogy is that the rank depends on consistent improvements.

Say, for example, you have a game with 1000 kills and 1 down. That's a good game. Now, in order to improve rank, you'd want your next game to either match that result or improve it. So, next game you get 2000 kills and 2 downs. Seems the same, right? Well, it is k/d ratio-wise, but it can be argued that it's a better game. I would expect rank to increase if this was your trend.

On the flip side to this, say you have the same 1000-1 game, but your next game is 250-4. Obviously, that's a huge difference and much worse. I would expect rank to decrease if this was your trend.

Now let's say you have extreme ups and downs (like myself). Maybe you play with randoms a lot, but have a good team ethic and are constantly going down to revive teammates in some games, but have great teammates in other games and you get to high rounds without a single down. I think these trends result in a stagnant rank. No increase, no decrease.

So, I think the rank symbols depend on either consistent improvements to gain knife/shotties, consistent fails to drop in rank, but ups and downs result in stagnance. I don't think it has anything to do with reaching a career statistic milestone, but all to do with the statistical difference from game to game and that trend becomes compounded and exponentially harder to change.

Mathematically speaking (math buffs help me out here), this makes sense. If I have say the number 5 and I graph that into a trend, my next number becomes very important. So let's say I have 7 as my next. That's a difference of +2. Now we need another number...let's say it's 7 again. That's a difference of 0 from the previous 7, but overall we now have a difference of +1 because the +2 was a difference out of two, but since we now have to calculate between a difference of 3 the 0 affects our average and brings it down.

Not sure what the mathematical concept here is actually called, but this is what I believe our statistics are based on. If you can make your average shows positives as an average trend, you're going to advance in rank. Furthermore, I believe the positives have to cross a certain threshold, i.e. your total average trend must be +5 to attain knives, +10 to attain shotties, or something of that sort, so those that feel like they're improving may not be improving enough.

A recent tweet lead us Asylum people to believe that the next map will an underwater map. Here is the post: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29607

Okay so the tweet says something about a boat and bailing water out of it... maybe you will have to bail water out of a boat so it won't sink.

--Whoops

Maybe it will replace building barriers? He also mentions a ladder. Maybe you can go underwater..? In the post there was mention of an underwater gun. Its going to be AWESOME!

nah, Jimmy Z was just using the process of bailing water out of a sinking boat as a euphamism of if your rank is falling just have some good rounds (aka bail water out of the boat) to keep yourself afloat (keep you current rank)

nice theory, but another instance of the community reading way too much into a jimmy z tweet :)

In Psychology it has been proven that it is impossible for the human mind to create something completely random. All decisions, or even trying to come up with something random has to be influenced by some X-Factor.

Judging by this fact. Jimmy's boat metaphor had to be influenced by some external factor for him to use the boat as an example to the rank structure.

Now, forgetting anything he said regarding to rank.

Why would Jimmy use a Boat as an example....?

Did he unintentionally give us hint, or was he actively giving us a subliminal message?

It could very well be something completely different that influenced him to use that metaphor.

Its up to you to decide...

Oh, and before you guys start getting your panties in a wad bashing the underwater theory. You should definitely check out the original thread. I have made many skeptics believe that a water-style map is very, very possible.

In Psychology it has been proven that it is impossible for the human mind to create something completely random. All decisions, or even trying to come up with something random has to be influenced by some X-Factor.

Judging by this fact. Jimmy's boat metaphor had to be influenced by some external factor for him to use the boat as an example to the rank structure.

Now, forgetting anything he said regarding to rank.

Why would Jimmy use a Boat as an example....?

Did he unintentionally give us hint, or was he actively giving us a subliminal message?

It could very well be something completely different that influenced him to use that metaphor.

Its up to you to decide...

Oh, and before you guys start getting your panties in a wad bashing the underwater theory. You should definitely check out the original thread. I have made many skeptics believe that a water-style map is very, very possible.

i was in no way bashing any theories about an underwater map, just stating that Jimmy Z's tweets in this case were not related to any map but to the rank system. much like most of his recent tweets

not hating on your theory, but no i do not believe that Jimmy's boat metaphor in relation to the rank system has any subliminal undertones hinting toward future map placement, i think that's just too far of a stretch no offense

Unfortunately, I do this all the time. I create metaphors when I describe highly technical things to try and explain the inner workings of a complex system on a level that the lamen can understand.

I believe the "Boat Tweet" was a metaphor to describe the complex inner workings of the rank system.

I don't disagree nor agree with the possibility of an underwater map. There's much reference to Atlantis throughout the game. Seems a map set there is inevitable, but I refute the fact that this recent Tweet is alluding to that. It's just a metaphor.

It would be cool if the "Bosses" were zombie sharks. :lol: With frickin' laserbeams attached!

They should really give some thought of a Titanic map. Maybe kinda like Transit make it where if you travel out of the boat area, you venture through the misty ocean surface and Parana like things attack you. Just a thought.