Things Lost In Time

I was reading posts in the "Tranzit Discussion" boards just a moment ago and read a post by captinslog that really intrigued me. The post was regarding the clocks in the Ascension EE Quest and how they count down.

The lack of video evidence caused me to seek out a youtube clip of the Ascension EE Quest. I watched the video (Will post link.)and noticed a few things that may yet be relevant to the BOII storyline.

I am a bit rushed right now so I will boil this thread down to the core details and spare everyone my personal train of thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZ4t-UOuXg

In the Ascension EE Quest we are trying to free Gersch from the Aether via use of the "Cassamir Mechanism". During these events Gersch is talking to us via electronic devices similar to the way Maxis does now. Near the end of the EE Quest though we hear Richtofen say this quote: "FASCINATING, un dimmensional rift. Goodbye Gersch! It would have been good to know you"

Directly after Gersch ascends to heaven, we hear a loud banshee like scream and our screen's color gets flat and the screen shakes.

-I think its possible that Richtofen's quote regarding "Mending the rift" to Stuhlinger may refer to returning Gersch and Maxis to the Aether, mending the "Rift" that we caused in Ascension.

This is just at cursory glances though, I have not fleshed this theory out at all, as I don't have time at the moment, but I would love to hear any input on the topic.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the video pause when the activate the computer. it is an Illuminati symbol... was ascension owned by the Illuminati?

I don't believe so. As far as I can tell it was probably part of the "Luna Programme" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_programme) which was essentially just their space program durring the space race of the late 50's. However I don't believe the consoles and equiptment is meant to be used in the fashion we use it in. Or at least is part of some secret configuration for the "Cassamir Mechanism" which I can only assume was only experomental. I believe the vacuum of space is required for the device to operate efficiently, which is why we create one to do the EE Quest on the Moon EE. So perhaps Richtofen is using his own configuration, I know he is associated with the Illuminati, or even Gersch himself. I am gonna be going back over previous Easter Eggs and see what Intel I can come up with. As of right now I haven't done anything.

Maybe someone else can be more informative, I had Ascension but never actually did the EE in it.

Wow. I didn't know that there was an actual direct quote by Richtofen about a dimensional rift. Perhaps now Richtofen wants Gersch/something else or even Maxis trapped like Gersch was? Very cool idea.

I've actually had a change of heart on this theory. We're missing something big here.

-I think its possible that Richtofen's quote regarding "Mending the rift" to Stuhlinger may refer to returning Gersch and Maxis to the Aether, mending the "Rift" that we caused in Ascension.

I've come to the conclusion that "Mending the rift" is Richtofen's ultimate goal for the N4 following his tasks and activating the towers. I have a bit of a logical follow-through coming up, so refer to this diagram I made to help follow:

My Theory

-I believe there are two paths to the Aether. One is the MPD, which is currently closed with Richtofen inside using Samantha's body as a vessel, and the one made by activating the nodes and breaking Gersch out of the Aether prison.

.....1)Using the Gersch device, Yuri made a direct portal without causing a Rift to the Aether, making a one way portal. We know this from one of Tank Dempsey's quotes after a Gersch device has been thrown at Ascension. (follow the first half of the Purple path in the diagram.)

Say hello to Sam for me!

.....2)Gersch had no way out of the Aether, for he had no Gersch device nor was his soul in the MPD. So, he contacted the O4 via electrical devices, much like Maxis, then had them activate the nodes by transporting him a generator then allowing him to do what he must to create a device to make a Rift through the dimensions. This would mean he could get out of the Aether and back to the real world, but he would make a patchy sort of thing that allowed things to freely travel back and forth through the dimensions. (follow the second half of the Purple path in the diagram.) If someone took advantage of this Rift, they could get into the Aether, but they would arrive in Gersch's Torment area. (Follow the Green path in the diagram.) From there, with the right equipment, I believe that someone could get into Richtofen's portion of the Aether and attempt to overthrow him.

What could become of this:

-I think that Maxis knows of this Rift, and plans to use it to overthrow Richtofen from the Aether. Perhaps powering the towers for him opens the path through the Rift, and from there we could take Richtofen down.

-I think Richtofen knows what could happen if the Rift remains open, and to seal his power, he wants it closed so the only way to access the Aether is to get through the MPD, which is closed as long as he is in power.

.....1)I believe there may be something Richtofen wants to keep in the Aether with him, like some huge Vril-Ya beast. If this beast managed to gain access to our dimension via the Rift, he could destroy the world, thus ending Richtofen's power reign. (He's in that diagram too :D ) Samantha had warned him of the beast in there way worse than him as well. Perhaps it also may take Richtofen's power, and trap him as Sam had trapped Gersch?

EDIT: There's not much cut off on the diagram. It was supposed to say "Something worse?" and have a red line down the side, completing the box.

@Bagel

I have a theory about the monster you are talking about. In the opening cutscene from Die Rise, there is that deep unintelligible voice who is talking to Stu. Stu then replies "what if I don't wan't to mend the rift?" This voice could be some sort of monster that wants to enter our universe to destroy it. Now, after you go back to Earth at the end of moon, you can look up and behind the teleporter area and you will see another Earth which looks properly messed up. Now most people have written this off as a glitch, but I think the devs put it there on purpose. This second earth is an earth in another universe, possibly even in the Ether. Now, if you look at the world of BO2 zombies, it seems like an alternate earth from another universe. What appears to be 1950's USA, Green Run, has a robot driving a bus, there is a version of Nacht der Untoten in a cornfield there, and in general it seems like a different version of our universe. Looking at the loading screen from Die Rise, the Earth in that universe has massive chunks missing from it, there are entire skyscrapers that have been flipped upside down, and everything you see seems to have been damaged on a level that cannot be achieved with any weaponry or devices that we know of. Thus, I am proposing that the BO2 zombies world is in fact where the Monster you are talking about resides, and he want Stulingher to mend the rift so he can enter our universe and destroy it also.

• Administrators

Anything is possible. Alternate reality seems probable. in Moon when we pick up the RED DROP Richtofen says a quote about how it did nothing and perhaps it has done something in an alternate dimmension.

The red drops pertained to give zombies the power drops instead of us. It acted as negative effects if they were to come into contact with them. Or at least that's what I remember. It's similar to Turned.

• Administrators

I would gladly find it for you if I could somehow get enough QEDs to accomplish the tasks, haha. :lol: But this is a nice theory, zombo! +1 for you and bagel (excellent diagram, by the way).

I agree that Richtofen wants some kind of dimensional rift to be repaired so no further entryway to the Aether can be made. The diagram explains well how such an entrance can be accessed. The purgatory that once held Gersch doesn't allow its prisoners to obtain power, so it's not much of a threat. Like bagel said, the Gersch Device itself did not cause a distortion in space, but a simple portal in between both dimensions. The Kassimir Mechanism, however, ripped the fabric of space itself instead of creating a round-trip ticket to the Aether.

The rift is nothing more than a puncture in the direct connection between both dimensions (Earth & Aether). Think of a one-lane bridge connecting from North America to Australia. There would be just enough space to get by, and perhaps access the Aether directly. Note that Maxis does not speaking of the rift whatsoever. Perhaps he is actually making the tear larger so he then is allowed into it once he gains enough energy substance....interesting!

Taken from Shooter's Moon quotes transcripts HERE

“Nothing happened, at least in this reality” (said when picking up a negative(red) power up)

There's probably a few more relevant quotes in that thread

???

That's impossible. You CAN'T pick up an Anti-Power-Up. And Anti-Power-Ups almost NEVER do nothing. I think that quote comes from using the Quantum Entanglement Device in general.

This monster voice you keep talking about is actually just richtofen. Listen to its very last statement in the opening sequence. It is actually saying "accept your fate; begin anew!" it's hard to tell but trust me. That is also the exact quote richtofen then says next. It seems to me the demon voice is just the voice he uses to talk to Samuel. Maybe it's outside of everyone else's range of hearing for some reason. But he switches to a normal human voice at the end when addressing everyone.

This monster voice you keep talking about is actually just richtofen. Listen to its very last statement in the opening sequence. It is actually saying "accept your fate; begin anew!" it's hard to tell but trust me. That is also the exact quote richtofen then says next. It seems to me the demon voice is just the voice he uses to talk to Samuel. Maybe it's outside of everyone else's range of hearing for some reason. But he switches to a normal human voice at the end when addressing everyone.

I know that voice at the end is Rictofen. However, if you listen there is what sounds like another voice that you can't understand, the voice that Stullinger tells "what if I don't want to mend the rift."

• Administrators

I know that voice at the end is Rictofen. However, if you listen there is what sounds like another voice that you can't understand, the voice that Stullinger tells "what if I don't want to mend the rift."

It's what Richtofen is telling Stuhlinger. Like EJ said, it's distorted from our perspective in the beginning because we aren't supposed to know what Richtofen's primary plans are throughout the course of Black Ops II. By altering the voice, we hear the conversation in third person rather than through a subconscious state in Stuhlinger's mind. Eventually, we begin to hear the repeated "Accept your fate - begin anew!" quote. That is our flag that the voice is still Richtofen.

In other words, the distortion of Richtofen's voice makes us stay unknown to his exact plans and create a dramatic opening.

That diagram makes sense.

Furthermore, if the MPD is supposed to be the only viable way to travel between the Aether and our dimension, any other means would only partly get you there. Hence the Gersch Device and Kassimir Mechanism. Since they weren't created by the Vril-Ya or whoever designed the MPD, those devices lacked that special "magic" that would allow travellers to fully access the Aether.

When we freed Gersch, we more or less facilitated that partial access to the Aether to remain open because not only do we have a device in our dimension (GD/KM), but now Gersch had created a device in the Aether. Even if these devices are not readily being used, that possibility of travel still remains, therefore a rift in the Aether itself now exists.

Maxis may be trying to exploit this and power up the towers enough to redirect the energy towards re-igniting that dimensional rift, enter the Aether, and combat Richtofen. Obviously, Richtofen is trying to mend the rift and close access to the Aether by means other than the MPD. How the towers could be utilized to do this, I'm unclear.

That diagram makes sense.

Furthermore, if the MPD is supposed to be the only viable way to travel between the Aether and our dimension, any other means would only partly get you there. Hence the Gersch Device and Kassimir Mechanism. Since they weren't created by the Vril-Ya or whoever designed the MPD, those devices lacked that special "magic" that would allow travellers to fully access the Aether.

When we freed Gersch, we more or less facilitated that partial access to the Aether to remain open because not only do we have a device in our dimension (GD/KM), but now Gersch had created a device in the Aether. Even if these devices are not readily being used, that possibility of travel still remains, therefore a rift in the Aether itself now exists.

Maxis may be trying to exploit this and power up the towers enough to redirect the energy towards re-igniting that dimensional rift, enter the Aether, and combat Richtofen. Obviously, Richtofen is trying to mend the rift and close access to the Aether by means other than the MPD. How the towers could be utilized to do this, I'm unclear.

I have always believed the case to be the other way around. The NPD allows for a certain access to the Aether but not full access. By this I mean that the NPD utilizes whatever special aspects or unique qualities the Aether has to empower the being inside of the NPD. Technically only the beings consciousness is transported and I think it entirely possible that the Aether has its own natives of sorts that may or may not exist in any physical form.