Man do I miss the pre-black ops 2 zombies

I was just watching ngtzombies videos for about an hour. Everything looked better and sounded better. The reload sounds, the voices, even other sound effects. People weren't glitching out of the map dead while playing. There were turret guns you could purchase, there was teamwork, and even things to do in the map besides a simple EE. Even some of the graphics looked better. I just don't know what happened. What specifically are the xbox titles I can buy to play some of these old Zombie titles. I haven't played anything pre black ops 1. I have xbox.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went back to bo1 zombies a few weeks before bo2 zombies and saw one thing, people had found a bunch of new glitches that have been developed. went back into solo call of the dead, the map people hated because of the fog, a few weeks after bo2 came out and thought that it was the most vivid and lighted zombie map out there. So its a mixed opinion.

You do realize that pre-Black ops II zombies are still there correct?

I played COTD co-op with a guy the other night. I noticed things seemed to run smoother, although perma-jugg has spoiled me early rounds :lol:. He lagged out at 31 it was fun though. :)

EDIT: Just saw your last post, you can buy WaW, the game that started it all! Although you won't get any maps different than the ReZurrection map pack for BO I. (you will get the ppsh though

NGT does a lot of custom map videos. They are only available on PC WaW. He basically has an infinite collection of homemade maps. Lucky bastard. You cannot get access to any of these 'custom' maps on xbox.

Hope that helped!

The first zombies game was Call of Duty : World at War. It had 3 DLC's. Verrückt, Shi No Numa & Der Riese.

These are also available on Black Ops 1 titled as 'Classic Maps Pack'

World at War was a great & very difficult game. You will only get Nacht Der Untoten with it & you will have to pay for the 3 DLC's seperatley. Where as, if you bought the Classic Maps Pack for Black Ops 1, you will get all 4 World at War maps. The classic maps pack features the Black ops era weapons instead of the WW2 era weapons.

Check Xbox live or PSN store to download & see what is cheaper to download. WaW + 3 DLC's or the Classic Maps Pack

(there was a special on the weekend for all COd titles, so you may have just missed getting them cheaper)

World at War Zombies is better than the classic maps pack in my opinion.

100% agree. As somebody who has both, the BO1 classic maps don't have the same feel, nor some of the same weapons as they do in their originals from WAW. I would definitely recommend those maps if you're looking to play some more zombies. Talking about it makes me want to go back and play Der Riese right now haha.

Yes, the only other game with Zombies besides the two Black Ops games is World at War. With DLC, it has 4 zombies maps (Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt Zombies, Shi No Numa, and Der Riese) which are also available in Black Ops if you purchase the Rezurrection map pack. Though you get different weapons in the World at War version, and there are various other differences.

There is a DLC pack available that is kind of like the "Season Pass", which will give you all World at War DLC at a discounted price. This includes all multiplayer maps. Unfortunately, I don't think they ever released a DLC that only included the 3 Zombies maps.

The reprints make for a different game, and so are worth having, but imo, waw is much, much better.

I like bo2 and waw best. Bo certainly had its moments. But having almost the exact same uselessish weapons on the wall in each map was, frankly, crap.

I personally LOVED moon... A lot... But I HATED :evil: tranzit...

I liked die rise and I think trayarch has the right idea about going with a smaller, yet still large, map rather then just extensive amounts of nothingness... A thing they could have added, was more buildables... I really do like those...

I also think a proper wonder weapon is also needed...

So a recap:

Big map that's easy and quick, to move to every location to.

A healthy amount of buildables.

Kickass wonderweapon!

I personally LOVED moon... A lot... But I HATED :evil: tranzit...

I liked die rise and I think trayarch has the right idea about going with a smaller, yet still large, map rather then just extensive amounts of nothingness... A thing they could have added, was more buildables... I really do like those...

I also think a proper wonder weapon is also needed...

So a recap:

Big map that's easy and quick, to move to every location to.

A healthy amount of buildables.

Kickass wonderweapon!

Die Rise does have some awesome elements, but it still sucks compared to Black Ops. Like TranZit, you're still spending too much time waiting around for transportation to move around the map. And they really screwed up making these big maps and having crawlers become useless. Now when you play co-op, you end up taking turns babysitting zombies to get anything done. I played Die Rise last night with a couple friends for the first time in a couple weeks... and I found myself bored as hell. Need to hit the box? Replace the Tramplesteams? Ok, I'll sit here bored as hell while you run around the map chasing the box, waiting on elevators, etc. Then when you come back I'll run around the map while you sit here with the zombie. Maybe in about 15 minutes we can get back to actually fighting zombies. We ended round 31, needed to get new guns because we were out of ammo and replace our broken Tramplesteams... but the thought of wasting another 15 minutes taking turns running all over the map and waiting for elevators? I just shot the last zombie and waited to die.

I never got bored with Black Ops zombies... at least not co-op. Anytime someone wanted to play I was ready to go all night. Black Ops 2? I'm honestly already sick of it. No thanks... I'm good on playing a game where I spend 50% of the time doing nothing or waiting on buses and elevators to show up... only to end up dying by a random instant death glitch because Treyarch is more concerned with changing game and gun mechanics than fixing game-breaking glitches.

DLC 2 better look incredibly amazing and going back to the basics... or I'm just not going to bother with it anymore.