Black Ops 2 Zombies is big disappointment

I played BO1 for two years, and I've been playing this game for several days now. The game is a complete disappointment.

My chief complaint is that there is no lobby leaderboard. I believe Treyarch intended for better players to stop bouncing when they see weak players, to make the game more approachable. The problem is that the when weak players inevitably quit, the rounds stop being ranked. So there really isn't an incentive for better players to play with weaker players in a four player game, other than to stat pad revives. The end result is that the game is less approachable and more fractured.

Even more problematic, since 4 players is unplayable, is that you can't get a ranked 2 player match without coordinating with friends or randoms to dropout of the game lobby at the right time. I spent nearly an hour doing this with my friend to get the one and only 2 player ranked match I've played.

The other problem I have is that there is no meta-game in BO2. Like BO1, you can't kill zombies efficiently after round 40, yet there isn't a fire pit like in Kino, or traps like in Der Riese. BO2's Nacht Der Untoten equivalent - Bus Depot - doesn't have a thunder gun for rounding up and killing in bulk quickly and efficiently. Box-hittin for the ray gun on 40 is simply too boring. The ability to advance deep into the rounds has been taken away. Why reduce the depth of the game???

Another final point is that the circles on this game are far too easy to run, and the zombies won't even hit you in situations where you'd take a down in BO1.

I passed 70 and 80 on most BO1 maps (and 40 on Bus Depot - Survival), so I'm not some whiney idiot who has no basis to put out an opinion. I know how to play and I believe this game needs BO1 matchmaking. The current set up is maddening and makes the game flat out unenjoyable.

On the bright side, Nuketown zombies is brilliant. If only I could get a two-player game in that.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I didn't write anything about my dislike for TranZit.

No maybe not specifically, but about the maps and mechanics inside some of the maps. My point is that there are too many threads discussing how they don't like Zombies, TranZit, the characters, Nuketown, etc., and it's looking cluttered IMO.

I believe the ranked search feature is built in and matches you to like skilled players first and then moves down the line if it doesn't get any hits. You can find lobby players stats just by simply clicking on their names. And to play a 2 player game simply create a custom game. Don't be discouraged by the word "custom" as this counts towards stats, and saves EE parts and points and stuff just like normal mode. In fact you can start a solo custom match and your buddies can join up at any time..

Not to be rude but pretty much every point you made was just due to not taking the time to figure out the new mechanics of the menus and game modes. I hope this helped you appreciate this awesome game a little more!

The real fun will be in the future DLC's and expansions BTW, but the base gameplay, modes, and maps are actually a great starting point for where this game is heading. IMHO

I believe the ranked search feature is built in and matches you to like skilled players first and then moves down the line if it doesn't get any hits. You can find lobby players stats just by simply clicking on their names. And to play a 2 player game simply create a custom game. Don't be discouraged by the word "custom" as this counts towards stats, and saves EE parts and points and stuff just like normal mode. In fact you can start a solo custom match and your buddies can join up at any time..

Not to be rude but pretty much every point you made was just due to not taking the time to figure out the new mechanics of the menus and game modes. I hope this helped you appreciate this awesome game a little more!

The real fun will be in the future DLC's and expansions BTW, but the base gameplay, modes, and maps are actually a great starting point for where this game is heading. IMHO

Your post just reflects that we have different expectations and values. I don't care about anyone's kills or revives. Those stats can be easily inflated by repeated low round games. The only stat that matters is the round you reached. Period. And you can't see it in the lobbby.

Also, I don't have any desire to hunt around an enormous map looking for pieces to something to complete an easter egg. Finally, custom games do not count toward your high round reached. Not to be rude, but you need to have played zombies a little more to identify with my complaints.

The game is clearly geared toward players who want five minutes of glory and don't want to study a map and develop fast, efficient strategies. In high round games, the last thing you go for are kills.

Fair enough. I'd still want someone who is a well rounded player in stats than the guy who got to a high round once. Or some kid playing on his brothers account who you have to carry through the game. Knowing the possible one time high round they made it to pales in comparison to the detailed stats that are now available. Inflated stats would be recognizable by comparing their kill/death ratio which can't be easily inflated but anyway.

Tranzit can be played for just rounds rather than finding all the items. It's actually quite fun. The smaller maps require some skill to get past round 30. Skill in which you developed in BO1 and can now utilize in BO2.

Regardless, to each his own. This is a great game and fun as hell to play with a solid team.

Just a friendly FYI I did find the leaderboards. You go to their player channel and cycle down to the map you want to check then select it. Can't remember what button but the legend at the bottom should how you. It'll pop up the leader board and show u what round they got to. And I also agree that it should be easier to access. But it is there.

• 3 months later...

yeah agree m8 big big zombie fan , played nothing else (nothing out there !!!!) for me the main thing is the freeze ......last night lost at least an hour trying to get a 2 player lobby .......what the fuck is that all about why have a 1,2,3, and 4 player lobby's if u cant fucking choose them !!!!!!!! ....what we do is do a split screen and last minute back out it is obvious that the game does not like this as i was host it froze 9 times, let someone in about 20 times even though game had started in the end we got so pissed off we played a custom game and of course hammered our online score :-(.

Never play any of other modes as people rage quit or if 1 of yr buddies lag out it does not register if u carry on , to much wrong with this already lost 1 zombie buddy as he has given up.

While am at it i wish they would do something with these glitchers as they are spoiling the game for me its about surviving the rounds and trying to get up as high as u can on leader-boards .....whats the point if some dickhead is on level 214 by sitting in a fucking glitch !!! ........... HOW SAD !!!!!!

In agreement with OP.

1. Should be able to choose lobbies for 2,3, or 4 players or do not even offer boards for those amounts of players. Stats other than rounds mean little. Rank system we know is flawed. For rounds we need to play with 2, 3, or 4 people.

2. Do not consider Town or Farm real zombie maps so do not play too often anymore. Do not like Transit. So only Die Rise to play. Not a lot of options.

3. And no quick leaderboard at pregame.

Love Die Rise mostly.

Our capacity as slayers has gone past the game's capability to deliver a steady, robust and glitch free experience.

3 people all got to 120ish on Die Rise, the game froze in some way for all of them with different errors. Within a week a patch is introduced to make it almost impossible to get past 102 (or so they thought).

12 claymores only etc....it has been designed to limit how far people can go, in my opinion due to the fact that they can't develop the game well enough, or our consoles aren't powerful enough for what was possible on BO.

Just my theory.

OP I totally feel you, but Choppernator makes an excellent point. We are slaying zombies far past what was ever intended. Although I personally feel like this warrants a Victory screen or acheivement, I see why they didn't do it. The hardware just cannot support the game's full requirements at high levels. This is true for any of the BO maps as well. I am switching from BOII back to MW3 and BO, I think. I have not had fun in zombies or multi player i BOII in a long time and the game is only about 4 months old. I am certain that what they intended to release to us was not what we received. The game feels unfinished or unpolished.