Here's to Two More

Two years.

Two years.

Two years, millions of zombies slain, nearly a dozen maps conquered, secrets unlocked, insane moments of greatness etched into Zombies lore forever. Undead gibed, electrocuted, blasted, frozen, fried, sucked into a black hole, exploded, shrunken, cooked. Dogs, monkeys, a director, astronauts, zombies on fire, zombies screaming. An overrun theater; a paradise fallen unto darkness; an abandoned cosmodrome; the moon; the Pentagon; a shipwreck.

And now, it's time to put the game we have all come to know and love to rest. Frank Woods is a wheezing old man, and now it's 2025. Now, the earth is a spinning ball of death, fire, destruction, chaos. Now, it's time for Black Ops, the almost mythic relic that has changed the way I will look at gaming forever, to pass down the torch.

It is time, my brothers, for Black Ops 2.

It's been a great two years, my friends. I'm seeing off Takeo, Nikolai, Tank into the sunset with no regrets. I've accomplished everything I've wanted to with this game, and I think I've helped others achieve their goals as well. That has made it all worth while.

But it's time for us to move on. And now, we are not faced with a cramped space, tight corridors, but with an entire world for us to run around in. Who knows what we will find? What secrets will we uncover?

Well, I suppose only time will tell.

Here's to a great two years.

And here's to

More.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I loved reading this. Given I wasn't here to read all the theories and watch everyone work there buts off after the release of Black Ops (I joined this May), but I know it had it's ups and downs for sure. It's a great thing to know that I will be here theorizing, making friends, and having fun throughout Black Ops 2 and into the next Treyarch game. I feel at home here, and I love that.

Thanks CoDZ

Very well said my long time brother in arms. It's sure been one hell of a journey the last two years here on the forum. I was going to make another thread like this, but I think it will suffice to just put this here.

It's really just awesome to see the progress Zombies had made, and the progress we ourselves have made as a forum through the years. As Zombies gained popularity, we were right there at the forefront, without failure. Our members solve the easter eggs first, write the best theories, and have the most in-depth gameplay strategy guides you could ever ask for. It's a known fact Treyarch watches us closely, and it's not hard to see why with so many passionate members dedicated to the site.

[tab][/tab]It's still difficult to grasp that the game is already here. The last year just flew by, most likely due to a significant amount of time spent here. It's the moment we've all been waiting for. In less than 12 hours, CoDz is going to increase immensely with traffic, and in the next week or so we should expect to see a surge of new members posting. Remember this day, because the days of 10- 20 new topics are gone, playtime is over. It's time to get our zombie-slaying faces on ladies and gentlemen, we've got freakbags to kill and truths to discover.

As for me, I will probably be avoiding the site for the next few days as I discover all the great features of Black Ops 2 on my own. I will be playing on 360 though, so feel free to send me an invite if you'd like to play: ostonedshootero. I've got a couple threads to put out in the next hour or two, and I'll be starting a 2 or 3 day break while I get my hands all over BO2.

Seeing as we're approaching the holiday season, I'll leave you guys with a great story from our pal, Richtofen.

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

Check you on the flip side.

Shooter

• Moderators

I've accomplished everything I've wanted to with this game, and I think I've helped others achieve their goals as well. That has made it all worth while.

Great thread Perfect.

Can't wait to see (and use :lol: ) the strategies you come up with.

I wish you and everybody else (except for EJ :P ) loads of fun in the next 2 years. :D

Every time I read perfect's posts, I think to myself "PASS THE DAMN UPDATE!! WE NEED BRAINS ASAP!!" seriously, great thread, cheer to the next two years, and many many more.

"And unto CoDz did Electric Jesus bestow his blessing, ensuring that the divine theorists and slayers could live in yet another year of prosperity, and many many more... Except for Satan, or as he is known on the forums, Lenne..."

-The Book of Electric; passage 1:15.