Are you a CoD fan outside of Zombies?

Curious to know how many here are actually CoD fans outside the realm of Zombies. I often see people saying, "only getting BO2 for the Zombies" and stuff like that.

I would consider myself a minor CoD fan outside of Zombies. CoD multiplayer is usually fairly fun and definitely addicting, but from a critical perspective it's nothing spectacular, and the formula has definitely gotten stale over the years. And the campaigns, let's face it, they're not much other than mediocre side dishes, although I'll admit BO had an interesting story.

So how bout you? Are you a CoD fan outside of Zombies, and why or why not? And if yes, how big of a fan would you consider yourself?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me, I'm a fan outside of zombies as well. I have all 2000's of call of duty except Blop2 of course. Sadly most of them are scratch or broken :( *sigh*.

Same here! Is it just me, or do Activision discs seem to be less durable than other game discs?

Exactly what I thought of after my mw3 got scratched. Note to self, download games onto console before continue playing it. That's what will happen when I get Black Ops 2.

Black Ops 2 will innovate in the multiplayer system. It won't resemble past Call of Duty's. The Pick 10 is going to be crazy. They've changed the very fundamentals of multiplayer.

And the campaign? There are branching storylines. It's going to change the campaign, and Call of Duty, forever. Any Call of Duty that does not have branching storylines, Strike Force, what have you, will look inferior.

Just my opinion.

Black Ops 2 will innovate in the multiplayer system. It won't resemble past Call of Duty's. The Pick 10 is going to be crazy. They've changed the very fundamentals of multiplayer.

And the campaign? There are branching storylines. It's going to change the campaign, and Call of Duty, forever. Any Call of Duty that does not have branching storylines, Strike Force, what have you, will look inferior.

Just my opinion.

Branching storylines, yes, but they will still end with the same outcome. I believe that is what Lamia (or someone from Treyarch) had stated. It'll still be awesome, but not as awesome as it could be.

On topic, I love every CoD as a whole. The story, the zombies, the multiplayer, the spec ops...it all makes me happy. Most Call of Duty players hate one aspect of the current game, but I can rarely find things that dissappoint me. I've loved every storyline, especially WaW's. Maybe it's just because WaW holds a special place in my heart. I mean, it introduced me to FPS games, and it was my first WW2 game. It also got me into zombies, not just the mode, but the concept altogether.

All in all, I love every Call of Duty, no matter what other people say. I love it.

Just my opinion.

Branching storylines, yes, but they will still end with the same outcome. I believe that is what Lamia (or someone from Treyarch) had stated. It'll still be awesome, but not as awesome as it could be.

On topic, I love every CoD as a whole. The story, the zombies, the multiplayer, the spec ops...it all makes me happy. Most Call of Duty players hate one aspect of the current game, but I can rarely find things that dissappoint me. I've loved every storyline, especially WaW's. Maybe it's just because WaW holds a special place in my heart. I mean, it introduced me to FPS games, and it was my first WW2 game. It also got me into zombies, not just the mode, but the concept altogether.

All in all, I love every Call of Duty, no matter what other people say. I love it.

On the subject of branching storylines, what Treyarch has said is that their will be different actions you can perform but you will still be basically playing the same levels. It's the endings that will be different.

And I love cod as a whole. Though I will admit I've found the Modern Warfare series a little lacking. Don't get me wrong though, the MP is always highly entertaining and the campaigns are also very fun to play (Loved Black Ops and WaW).

People just complain because "it doesn't take skill" to play. I just want to play to have fun, not waste my life mastering it. Unless we're talking about zombies of course. ;)

Not me, I'm a fan outside of zombies as well. I have all 2000's of call of duty except Blop2 of course. Sadly most of them are scratch or broken :( *sigh*.

Same here! Is it just me, or do Activision discs seem to be less durable than other game discs?

Exactly what I thought of after my mw3 got scratched. Note to self, download games onto console before continue playing it. That's what will happen when I get Black Ops 2.

I learned this lesson the hard way when my Lego Indiana Jones got destroyed.

Only a fan of zombies the cod "community" with youtube destroyed the multiplayer for me. I tried so many times to play multiplayer on launch night within the 1st 30 mins of getting it there were people already camping not playing the objective worried about the stupid k/d ratio that means nothing in life, doing lag switching, glitching the map, b.s. perks, and horrible hit detection when I have a great internet connection, and little kids that scream into the mic that shouldn't even be playing this game. End of rant :lol:

I love it all! You see, although Zombies is great fun, and really clever, and just a really great all round experience, it hasn't got anywhere near the durability of Multiplayer. Campaign you can play through once, enjoy the heck outta the story and have a good time. But, once it's done... It's done. I mean, go back through. Re-live it. Get the Intel, Complete the challenges, great! But it's only really a one time play through sort of thing. Zombies, I feel is something you have to play in small doses. Personally, I could not play a game of Zombies every day. Once every few weeks or so, when I have enough friends on. That's me. But the rest of the time is dedicated to multiplayer. I love the heck outta multiplayer, I really do. I don't care what anybody says Call of Duty's Multiplayer is best in class and I have not, to this day, played an online FPS I thoroughly enjoy as much as I do that of Black Ops & MW3.