Would you REALLY survive a zombie apocolypse?

It also depends on the kind of zombie, if we're dealing with rise-from-the ground zombies then the only thing we have to worry about really is getting surrounded. Plus, you would still have alit of people to help you. The zombies would move slowly, and decompose to the point where it's impossible to move within a few months/ a year. Especially if it's hot outside. And let's not forget cannibalism. If zombies are constantly hungering for flesh, then it's not unlikely that an entire horde could devour itself.

I think some people assume that the second a zombie attacks somewhere, everything dies/fails immediately. In the initial stages, entire towns could still be alive, protecting each other if people could not help fight them. Plus, help from dispatched military units as well If the opportunity arises.

But, if we're dealing with the insane cannibal "zombie", they would be harder to deal with, as they move faster, can't dcompose, and may retain the mental capacity to hunt. However, many of hese "zombies" would die of starvation/dehydration within the first few months. There is once again the issue of cannibalism among these "zombies".

Also, all these factors would be working against the zombies, making them easier to kill or deal with as time went on.

PLUS: Zombies aren't constantly going after you knowing you're every move and the quickest way to get to you like in zombies mode. Their senses would be: (undead) next to nothing, or the equivalent to a human's.

Nature won't allow a zombie apocalypse, so as long as you can wait it out for a few months, you're fine.

This. (by the way I took the test and you can see the results in my post above) The test is made so that no one will survive. It is not accurate. No matter how you try to justify it, it is multiple choice questions, and does not allow for a user to answer to the best of their ability. "would you rather be on an island or in a cabin in the woods?"

Neither. I want to be at my uncles house that is wide open for all to see what is going on. My armorments will not run out because our list includes older guns in which you can actually make the bullets yourself. The farm would be sealed off with layer apon layer of razor wire, allowing for it to be sustainable. He has a well that taps into very clean water and we were told it wouldn't dry up for years on in. With family in the military, pyrotechnic masters, farmers, sharpshooters, scientists, and nurses all in my family, and ready and able when the time comes, I will be fine. Trust me.

I get what you are saying, the average joe may not make it. But I am no average joe. The test said I made it 3 months. I wouldn't even be tapping into reserve supplies at that time. Hell, I may not even see a zombie in that amount of time. Odds are, I probably wouldn't ever see a zombie because as mentioned in the quote above, zombies wouldn't be the all knowing killers that everyone thinks of. They would be more like flesh eating people without a lot of the reflexes. Rotting and decaying constantly. They wouldn't stand a chance. I get what the test is for, but it is wrong. In my case anyway.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombies aren't constantly going after you knowing you're every move and the quickest way to get to you like in zombies mode. Their senses would be: (undead) next to nothing, or the equivalent to a human's.

I'm not so sure; I don't see how real life zombies would be as dumb as the ones in this game. Picture you had a bunch of 20 zombies chase you into a 30' x 30' room - do you honestly think you would live just by running in a figure of 8? You can do that in this game no problem ;)

I think what he meant is zombie won't have higher senses than us. They will either have the same or lower capabilities compared to a human. Obviously if you ran in a circle, they would eat you up.

He was merely saying the zombies won't all automatically come running at you. You would have to make yourself noticed. If you were far enough from society, you probably wouldn't even see a zombie for a long time.

I Survived 6 MONTHS! Better than most

BTW, who seriously takes out their bitten Mom? That's just F'd up in my opinion.

Exactly man. That's why I chose the Mom as the subject. I didn't think anyone would be able to honestly say they'd be able to shoot their mother before she turned. The point of the quiz was to out yourself in the situation and say what exactly you'd do. I know I would not be able to shoot my mom if she had just been bitten and is still, well, my Mom. Of course, that was the "most right" answer, but I din't think that many people could honestly do that. Well....

Almost half the users said they could do it. You guys are some mighty strong willed and determined people. I chose "wait for her to turn, and then kill her". I just couldn't kill my mom is she was still her normal self.

Another interesting answer:

The two highest rated pistols we're the least picked of the 5. You'll note that both the Glock and the Model 59 both use 9mm Parabellum rounds. 9mm is easily the most popular pistol ammo used around the world, and adopted by most police officers. While the .45 used in the other three guns is also a very popular round, the ability to scavenge ammo comes first. Any squad car, dead police officer, or police station could offer a refill of your 9mm ammo, giving it the edge over the pistols utilyzing .45 caliber ammo. Also, if you're gun is somehow defective, you can easily find another 9mm gun before you'd find a gun using .45 ammo.

deathb4di2h0nor & Tankeo,

This is the last I will be discussing your results publicly. I'm sorry if you didn't like your results, but everyone else seems to be fine with theirs. Heck, I created the test and I didn't even survive. I only lasted 6 months. You guys have got to remember, this is just for fun. You two are taking things a bit too seriously.

That being said, let me shine some light on things here.

It also depends on the kind of zombie, if we're dealing with rise-from-the ground zombies then the only thing we have to worry about really is getting surrounded. Plus, you would still have alit of people to help you. The zombies would move slowly, and decompose to the point where it's impossible to move within a few months/ a year. Especially if it's hot outside. And let's not forget cannibalism. If zombies are constantly hungering for flesh, then it's not unlikely that an entire horde could devour itself.

Firstly, I've never once seen a zombie cannibilize another zombie in any major zombie movie. It's just not how they work. They crave the flesh of the LIVING. Zombies are dead, their flesh is dead. That'd why you never seem them eating each other. It's in the Romero Code. :lol: . They can starve to death yes, but they won't eat each other. That's just silly.

I think some people assume that the second a zombie attacks somewhere, everything dies/fails immediately. In the initial stages, entire towns could still be alive, protecting each other if people could not help fight them. Plus, help from dispatched military units as well If the opportunity arises.

All would not go to hell after the first initial attacks. Why would they? The news passes them off as side effect of some weird drugs, or weird radiation etc. and no one looks at them as a "zombie" attack. This is the common theme in many zombie movies.

This is how the pandemic spreads so rapidly and how the "zombie apocolypse" occurs. It's through a lack of knowledge of what's actually happening. You also have to consider if the effects are that of some sort of military test. If that we're the case, you'd never get a warning.

And that brings me to the military. Simply put, if a full on zombie outbreak has occured, the military has FAILED. The CDC has FAILED. If it's reached the point where zombies are one the loose, clearly the military is not going to intervine. This is another common trait among zombie flicks. The outbreak has spread because the military has failed, if the military was even deployed to begin with.

But, if we're dealing with the insane cannibal "zombie", they would be harder to deal with, as they move faster, can't dcompose, and may retain the mental capacity to hunt. However, many of hese "zombies" would die of starvation/dehydration within the first few months. There is once again the issue of cannibalism among these "zombies".

I see this is being a more viable option ala 28 Days Later. The "zombie" infection is spread via infected with rage. I see this as more viable option than "walkers". Just me though

And another thing. What if it's a combination of runners and walkers. What if this infection affects each zombie's part of the brain controlling movement differently. Some walk, some run, some sprint, etc.

Point is, it's a variable that you can't control.

Also, all these factors would be working against the zombies, making them easier to kill or deal with as time went on.

PLUS: Zombies aren't constantly going after you knowing your every move and the quickest way to get to you like in zombies mode. Their senses would be: (undead) next to nothing, or the equivalent to a human's.

Wait, have you not seen George A Romero's Land of the Dead (2005)?

9t2UMyZ3piE

The godfather of all zombie movies says zombies evolve. Just like humans. And what makes that so scary is if they were as smart as us, they would have us outnumbered 100 to 1.

Nature won't allow a zombie apocalypse, so as long as you can wait it out for a few months, you're fine.

BTW, you seem to completely overlook the more dangerous enemy during such an apocolypse. Your fellow man. This is why I added questions about combat training and ability to repair a gunshot wound etc.

Also another common trait in zombie flicks. You've really got to brush up on them Tankeo! After all, Zombies ARE NOT real. We must base what we know of them off of the movies we've seen and things we've read.

This. (by the way I took the test and you can see the results in my post above) The test is made so that no one will survive. It is not accurate. No matter how you try to justify it, it is multiple choice questions, and does not allow for a user to answer to the best of their ability. "would you rather be on an island or in a cabin in the woods?"

Neither. I want to be at my uncles house that is wide open for all to see what is going on. My armorments will not run out because our list includes older guns in which you can actually make the bullets yourself. The farm would be sealed off with layer apon layer of razor wire, allowing for it to be sustainable. He has a well that taps into very clean water and we were told it wouldn't dry up for years on in. With family in the military, pyrotechnic masters, farmers, sharpshooters, scientists, and nurses all in my family, and ready and able when the time comes, I will be fine. Trust me.

I get what you are saying, the average joe may not make it. But I am no average joe. The test said I made it 3 months. I wouldn't even be tapping into reserve supplies at that time. Hell, I may not even see a zombie in that amount of time. Odds are, I probably wouldn't ever see a zombie because as mentioned in the quote above, zombies wouldn't be the all knowing killers that everyone thinks of. They would be more like flesh eating people without a lot of the reflexes. Rotting and decaying constantly. They wouldn't stand a chance. I get what the test is for, but it is wrong. In my case anyway.

This is great and all, but consider this.

You're on vacation. Hundereds of miles away from your Uncle's cabin. Then what do you do? You can't control where you'll be when the outbreak occurs.

What happens if the well or the farm becomes tainted before you have it sealed off. What happens when you run out of material to make your bullets? What if one of your tools or machines breaks? What if someone get's sick and needs to go to town for medical supplies?

All things you have to consider. All variables you can't control.

Fact is, if your Uncle's cabin wasn't there, what you have the skills, knowledge, and experience to survive.

The test is designed so that no one can become a "Zombie Terminator". Strong survivor and weak survivor are both viable options so long as you answer all of the knowledge questions correctly.

This test was designed so that any flaws would show, and those are the things that will get you killed in such a harsh and unforgiving situation.

Man that's a hard ass quiz. I got 6 months. I think the worst part of it is that I live in the city so it would be like, way hard to survive and I have a small group of friends I would definitely take with me.

Also whoever would just kill their mom before she turned is one seriously cold prick. Yes I just went there. :evil:

1 month.

Guess it's better than dying in the initial outbreak :lol:

But c'mon, we all know I'd be just getting started in a month. And as for options for a car, where's my bus?!

Also, you'd be blind!

"Where everyone going? what? OI IM BLIND OVER HERE WHAT IS-*gets eaten by zombie*"

That just means I have increased sensory in all other areas and can hear and sense them before you.... :twisted:

You're forgetting the fact that you yourself are constantly saying this is REAL. Not a movie.

Cannibalism and rot are extremely plausible.

PM sent.

But c'mon, we all know I'd be just getting started in a month. And as for options for a car, where's my bus?

That just means I have increased sensory in all other areas and can hear and sense them before you.... :twisted:

Hahaha, the zombies wouldn't see it coming! And neither would you! :lol:

You're forgetting the fact that you yourself are constantly saying this is REAL. Not a movie.

PM sent.

But c'mon, we all know I'd be just getting started in a month. And as for options for a car, where's my bus?

-__-

lol that was actually a pretty good one Shooter.

But honestly, have you guys never heard about how blind people turn into Duke Nukem in the presence of zombies? Assumed it was common knowledge by now.

PM sent.

-__-

lol that was actually a pretty good one Shooter.

But honestly, have you guys never heard about how blind people turn into Duke Nukem in the presence of zombies? Assumed it was common knowledge by now.

[ Image ]

If we get to transform into people, then I call Nathan Explosion.

I've taken quizzes and I at least have a 75% chance of surviving. I joke about it with my friends and if there is a zombie apocalypse we know where to go. Only reason I think it's not possible is that the military would destroy the zombie virus, unless they created it. If the disease or whatever infects a town they would quarantine it and kill the inhabitants. If it spreads to a city they would use drones to blow the hell out of the zombies. In the movies they show the milittary as being incompetent. Supposing the military can't or doesnt do anything about an outbreak and the disease isn't airborne I'll probably survive.

I've taken quizzes and I at least have a 75% chance of surviving. I joke about it with my friends and if there is a zombie apocalypse we know where to go. Only reason I think it's not possible is that the military would destroy the zombie virus, unless they created it. If the disease or whatever infects a town they would quarantine it and kill the inhabitants. If it spreads to a city they would use drones to blow the hell out of the zombies. In the movies they show the milittary as being incompetent. Supposing the military can't or doesnt do anything about an outbreak and the disease isn't airborne I'll probably survive.

The problem with a 'zombie' apocalypse being impossible has nothing to do with the military being incapable, even though them and the CDC would quarantine and destroy anything of this caliber at all costs.

Mainly the problems are for one that a zombie is corpse, and this would give it several complications. One is just the fact it's just decaying constantly. And then it's lack of an immune system, so bacteria and other diseases and such that would be harmless would destroy it. It would digest itself. There are natural decomposers that would feed on them, especially maggots and insects. Their lack of coordination would cause them to stumble into disasters, off a cliff, into water (and if you say they'd 'live' in the water because they're dead and cannot drown, not really because there's PLENTY of decomposers in the ocean, not to mention tremendous pressure). Then we have natural climate, they cannot retain heat or loose it so they'd bake in the sun and freeze in the cold.

And if we're talking about the virus zombie, which isn't actually dead or a zombie in technical terms, they would be easier to kill. They can drown, they can starve, they can die, etc. Unlike a zombie, lethal body shots can kill. They can drown. They can starve. They can bleed out. And military disposal would be the same.

So in all reality there's plenty of obstacles making a zombie apocalypse damn near impossible.

But it's damn sure fun to fantasize and make games about :lol:

And don't worry guys we have Abraham Lincoln if it does happen (if he can kill vampires zombies are a piece of cake)

• 1 month later...

BTW, who seriously takes out their bitten Mom? That's just F'd up in my opinion.

I Know, That's the only question that separated me from 3 months to weak surviver, well that and the lucky color one. So I just marked it as weak surviver

Haha yeah that's how unforgiving the test can be. You really gotta be on top of your game on all aspects to even be a week survivor.

I plan on making another one soon that'll be a little less realistic and more forgiving in terms of survival. This one seemed to get quite a bit of responses.