TEAMS

lissa110

As we all know teams have become very popular on the site as of recently. But the staff feels it is drawing away from the real reason we all started coming to the site, the zombies! At this time we have come to a decision to lock all team topics. We know this will sadden many of you, however for our site to continue to grow and everyone to feel welcome, this at the moment is the best option.

We are having a staff meeting this coming saturday to discuss this topic along with many others to help decide how to make this site become even more glorious than it already is! Do not be to sad about the closed topics because we already have many ideas how to keep your teams going with out them being the main focus!

Please feel free to pm me or any one of the great staff here with any questions or concerns with this or anything, or if you have an idea to help the site grow, or something you feel we may need to talk about in our meeting!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

As you all may know, all the team threads have been locked, meaning that all our effort to unite zombie players until know, has been diminished to dust in a matter of seconds. I still do not understand how the idea of having teams is against the Code of Conduct, but as you all have seen, the CoC does not apply here.

The only thing that applies here is the will of the corrupt mods who see the idea of having teams as a symbol of defiance. Are teams really destroying the site? When, before the creation of teams, has the teammate finder section been so active? When have a group of people become so united with the purpose of playing zombies? Never! That teammate finder section was just a joke. You could just make a thread saying that you wanted to play, but nobody replied. With the creation of teams, ANYBODY could post there, and the members of the teams would always find the time to play with those people. Is this what you consider a threat for the site?

Until you don't show me were in the CoC says that you can't create teams, I will not retract myself, and I will continue with my cause until my last second here at CoDz. Don't you even dare locking or deleting this thread, as I will continue to denounce all this injustices going around the site.

Thank you,

- Holy Wunder Waffe Emperor Doggy I

Doggy I know that your upset. At no point did we say it was against the CoC, but it is putting a very large divide on the site, please keep topics like this in the right topic.

ps Doggy I may show mod but if you didnt read Carbons going away speech I and Covert have been left in care of the site!

• Administrators

This in no way something I was aware had began to cause a problem, as in I don't fully understand the "this had to be addressed!" posts, but I do agree that this is something that could very easily cause a problem. Apparently, it already has too. Let the mods and admin do their job, they have been here the longest and they know what's best. If you want to make complaints, go ahead and do so, but don't do it without reading the above message first. Also, let's stay calm here and be civilized, make your suggestions reasonable and nonviolent. :)

Are teams really destroying the site?

Destroying? No. Diminishing the integrity of the site? Yes.

When a player comes here and sees that we've split into to teams, one of which has really high requirements to join them (honestly I don't think I would be able to make 30 on a normal day, it would have to be an excellent day for me). It's daunting, they wouldn't know what to think. The teams didn't have anything against each other, but when a new player sees them that's not what they think.

Whether you like to think it or not Doggy, it causes people to feel pressured.

The important thing is that the decision has been made. It may not please everyone, but a lack of decisive action would have caused problems far worse... Doggy, I feel you have reacted badly to this and owe Lissa an apology. Your comments were rude and offensive, and as one of the people in charge of the site you have to respect the decisions made. Personally I think both Lissa and Covert are doing excellent jobs, and that they have not done anything wrong... Well, unless keeping the site at it's best is a crime...

-Jolteon

This is what I don't get.

I enjoyed Team Wunder Waffes. I had a genuinely enjoyable experience with my teammates. I consider most everyone on there to be my friends. I respected my teammates. I don't know where yall got the idea that the teams have stopped being about Zombies and started being about... I don't even know what you guys think the teams are about now. The only thing we talk about on our thread is making our team better and getting games going. That is precisely what the Teammate Finder is for. So are you guys shutting down the teams because of the spinoff teams that have popped up? And, if so, just assign three official site teams—for the PC, Xbox, and PS3—and leave it at that. No other teams. Because I want to be part of a team on this site, and I don't understand how a team can live on without being allowed a home on the site.

Can someone just please explain to me in black and white why the teams are being shut down? If it's for all the spinoffs, make three official teams and end it there. Delete all other threads. This is not an unsolvable issue, people.

Well then I guess I have nothing else to do in this site.

Did you not see the bit about keeping your teams going?

We have many ideas on how to keep these teams going without intimidating users, we will be discussing them on Saturday and coming to a final decision , no matter what the final idea is it will always result in teams still existing and in a more organised manner, so please wait until then before making judgements.

We have things planned to help the teams still be happy, and we are going to discuss more options this weekend.

If a person's sole existence on this site is to be an "emperor", then you are on the wrong forum. We are all equal here, and we treat others with respect. We also use reason to solve issues, not slander. We hold all members to a standard because we are CoDz, that is our nature, and we need to preserve the intelligent and mature community we've got here.

This was also not a "Mod" decision, this was discussed by the whole staff, and agreed upon by our two admins.

This is what I don't get.

I enjoyed Team Wunder Waffes. I had a genuinely enjoyable experience with my teammates. I consider most everyone on there to be my friends. I respected my teammates. I don't know where yall got the idea that the teams have stopped being about Zombies and started being about... I don't even know what you guys think the teams are about now. The only thing we talk about on our thread is making our team better and getting games going. That is precisely what the Teammate Finder is for. So are you guys shutting down the teams because of the spinoff teams that have popped up? And, if so, just assign three official site teams—for the PC, Xbox, and PS3—and leave it at that. No other teams. Because I want to be part of a team on this site, and I don't understand how a team can live on without being allowed a home on the site.

Can someone just please explain to me in black and white why the teams are being shut down? If it's for all the spinoffs, make three official teams and end it there. Delete all other threads. This is not an unsolvable issue, people.

Teams are not going anywhere, we plan to find a way to keep teams, but in a less elitist fashion that scares off users, there has been multiple cases recently of users being driven off the site due to being intimidated by such high requirements to play with others.

We want teams to exist, but in a way everyone can join in, or in a way where there are a multitude of options for players to play with people of the same skill level, other people who tried to create teams were shot down by other team "leaders" as they claimed their team was too popular for any other teams to exist and that is something that needs to be fixed.

So as said, Teams are not going anywhere, they are just being fixed.

Anyways Doggy, what happened to the official site? Why don't you guys just use that?Please clear this up because I don't see why you guys just move onto that, instead of redirecting to here.

Note: I have nothing against the main three or two teams, but as others start popping up well its a bit.....i have no idea.

Doggy, do you seriously have nothing to do if WuWa moves off this site? Do you exist purely for WuWa ON THIS SITE? I'm not saying your useless or anything, but would WuWa being moved off the site result in you not coming back? I understand your angry/confused, sure a ton of people are, but you can't go throwing around insults and rude ocmments just because your "holy empire" is being moved somewhere else.

Read this with a clear mind.

perfectlemonade... I know that most the teams do is exactly what your saying but, because if you just come on here it is all about the teams you dont see most the theories or story lines. You see the teams first and it can be a bit shocking to only really see them. I know we have xbox, psn, and wii, sections but the idea about doing the teammate finder by consoles is a great idea!! It will definently make the finder more orginized!!

We have things planned to help the teams still be happy, and we are going to discuss more options this weekend.

If a person's sole existence on this site is to be an "emperor", then you are on the wrong forum. We are all equal here, and we treat others with respect. We also use reason to solve issues, not slander. We hold all members to a standard because we are CoDz, that is our nature, and we need to preserve the intelligent and mature community we've got here.

This was also not a "Mod" decision, this was discussed by the whole staff, and agreed upon by our two admins.

Oh are we? I didn't know that someone who just joined was regarded as equal as an admin, or a mod. And please tell me, when have I stated that I'm better than anyone else just for being emperor? Never have I considered myself superior to someone else in this thread.

I try to treat everyone else like a friend, unless they are rude, in which case I would treat them like the trash they act like.

The idea of you calling yourself an "emperor", even in threads that had no relevance to your team, is silly. Also telling other members what they can / can not do is outrageous.

If I were a new member, I'd go to teammate finder just to play zombies, not to see a section full of "Teams" where you serve a leader and follow orders. This site is about zombies, not running an empire.

Doggy I think you need to calm down. Your posts are rude and insulting and I think you need to apologise now before things get out of hand. You have been rude to Lissa, Waffles, Liam and now Stwrsbob just because they are trying to improve the teams! Please just do the decent thing, apologise now and let the Mods and Admins do their job of keeping this great site running!

Personally I think that all of the Mods, Dwellers and Admins have more than proven themselves worthy of their roles, and you should give them the respect that they deserve.

-Jolteon

Thank you, Lissa and Liam, for giving me a firm answer. This is what I wanted to know.

Doggy, bro, I think you may be blowing this out of proportion. I don't think they are trying to shut us down, I think they just want to become more organized. We may have to adjust some, but Team Wunder Waffes will strive on. This may seem kind of scary, but, after reading over everything, I think this is more of just a 'spring cleaning session' to tidy some things up. There's no need to leave. Our team will still exist, just in a different form, once everything is said and done. Remember, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

And please tell me, when have I stated that I'm better than anyone else just for being emperor? Never have I considered myself superior to someone else in this thread.

I'm sure some users would um...............beg to differ Doggy.

Look, I will come out and say this, because I am an honest person.

You do sometimes come across as arrogant. You seem a bit power hungry sometimes, and im not sure if thats just how I feel when I read stuff, or if it is real.

I mean, people take everything different than eachother right?

It's fairly possible that you have come across as arrogant, or considering yourslef superior because you are in control of a "holy empire".