A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate it! It's okay. I don't mind answering questions:

1. In Kino you can see the Fernsehturm. It's a bit of a monument in Germany. You can see it next to Double-Tap in the distance. You can also see that it is in the middle of construction. A Google search can tell you that the Fernsehturm was in construction between 1968 and 1969.

2. Yes. Kino was in 1968-1969. Ascension was at the same time as "Five", which is 1963. Call of the Dead is in 2011. Shangri-La is sometime after the 1990's. Since they are such different times, they MUST have time traveled. Moon's loading screen tell us of a "Pocket Teleporter", as if to retroactively explain how they got from Kino to Ascension. A Gersch Device could've been used to leave there to Call of the Dead. They use the Teleporter in Call of the Dead to go to Shangri-La, which has a time-traveling/teleporting temple, which could be used to go to Area 51.

3. Moon happens sometime after 2025. We know this because we blow up the Earth while we play Moon. So, what was the state of the Earth when this happened? Let's turn to Die Rise. Die Rise shows us some Chinese skyscrapers that stood when the world blew up. Let me just count some things you can see:

1. "Since 1996" poster

2. Building built in 1998

3. SDC zombies (which only existed in 2025)

4. Futuristic fridge with multicolor LED display

5. Misty says "This is the future"

6. Samuel says "I put the F U in future"

7. Flat-screen monitors

I could go more in-depth, but the evidence shows the world had advanced technology when it was blown up. Since it had the SDC, it must have been 2025 or beyond when it was blown up. Maxis also tells us that it's been decades since. So that means we play TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried in 2045+. (Decades means a minimum of 20 years.)

Thank you. :)

Sorry for haven't come up for sometime due to the net problems.

So it's really head-scratching: if Moon happens in 2025, and same time NKT occurs with Marlton in the shelter. After NKT is blown up, he go to Green Run area and Maxis in TranZit said there've been 20+ years since the event?

That seems illogical, dispite some of the Marlton qoutes in Shelter even come from TranZit, Marlton could never have anyway to travel time to the 2045+ TranZit, nor he walked 20+ years from NKT to Green Run? :lol:

Unless Marleton was in the bunker building a pocket teleporter.

Perhaps because of him having to "Macguyver" the PT, it broke after one use, but that one use brought him to TranZit where he meets Misty. The pair of them run into Russman and Samuel and the rest we have pretty well nailed down because of the cut scenes.

My biggest question is: Why does the cutscene for Buried seem to start explaining the N4 origins, i.e. Russman being an ex-member of Arrow, if they're all killed off after that?

Marlton is extremely smart. It wouldn't be far off to say that he might be a child prodigy. That would make him 15-20 in Nuketown, and 35-40 in the rest of the maps. Not everyone's voice changes between those ages.

Buried does not necessitate the characters' deaths. We may see them next map.

I can back this one up regarding the voice. The only thing I debate about is making a pocket teleporter though. I don't want to say it isn't possible its just a long shot is all.

Will there be more? It's not a matter of anything to do with the storyline. Activision is a company well known for enjoying money. They're a company; they have that right. They won't let a series die if it makes a bunch of money. They'll squeeze every last drop of money they can from it. And you know what I say? Go ahead. Take my money. I find the idea that Activision would drop a very lucrative series highly unlikely. The next map will likely be a resolution. Nothing more. Just like Der Riese. Just like Moon.

• Administrators

So it's really head-scratching: if Moon happens in 2025, and same time NKT occurs with Marlton in the shelter. After NKT is blown up, he go to Green Run area and Maxis in TranZit said there've been 20+ years since the event?

That seems illogical, dispite some of the Marlton qoutes in Shelter even come from TranZit, Marlton could never have anyway to travel time to the 2045+ TranZit, nor he walked 20+ years from NKT to Green Run? :lol:

That's one of the things I've been trying to figure out as well. The usage of the same quotes confuses me. Not to mention we hear the bus horn on Nuketown Zombies, which is from Green Run. Green RUn also has a shelter, and Marlton is in the bomb shelter in Nuketown Zombies. Not to mention when starting a game in Green Run, Richtofen says he's still getting used to the Aether. They're both so heavily connected, the time travel makes it a bit more difficult.

• Administrators

Well, Tac, you know my opinion. But I won't badger you.

Anyway, I helped MrDalekJD with one of his videos! Check it out!

Y292n6ePp_M

His take on how Buried got buried is different than mine, but he's entitled to his opinion. Everything else however I completely agree with!

No worries mate, it's one of those things that we may never know for certain for a long long time :)

I'll watch the video when I get home and I'll let ya know what I think!

Any more news on the big guy? I noticed, and posted that he has his fingers tattooed but got no replies, it's probably already known.

It's me over thinking things again, but do you find it strange that he can't speak, yet he has text tattooed on him? In my studio, usually if I tattoo someone who is foreign, they get their own language if there is text required for the piece. Just an odd thought to stir up something maybe.

• Administrators

Any more news on the big guy? I noticed, and posted that he has his fingers tattooed but got no replies, it's probably already known.

It's me over thinking things again, but do you find it strange that he can't speak, yet he has text tattooed on him? In my studio, usually if I tattoo someone who is foreign, they get their own language if there is text required for the piece. Just an odd thought to stir up something maybe.

Can you link me to the post about the tattoos?

@Tac: Thank you.

@Tattoo: Not really. He's a mystery. His tattoos indicate a more modernized time period rather than an 1800's one, so it helps in dating him. Just because someone can't speak doesn't mean they don't know the language. I think he is different now than what he once was. His creation story I think was that he was once human and became what he is now.

Hey MMX did you know this new map is taking us back to when the original four first met. ^_^ the latest video used that exact wording. This map is suppose to show when they met and all that :D so well we got a origin map now.

Yes I did. It's both a "beginning" and an "end". We'll see how that works out.

It looks like a fun map ^_^

The map looks sweet so far, I think it'll be great. The final map (end) just being a prequel (beginning), genius! The story implications will be massive.

I hardly think it a "genius" idea. The idea is risky. It can have a good reward or a huge setback. With this map, we hand over the storyline to Origins. The story rests in its hands. We'll see whether it is improved or decimated.

(Really trying not to imagine "it was all a dream".)

A lot I imagine because most of the origins was theories based off of different things we could gather. We only had so much in terms of factual items and not much of it covered how they wound up together. I mean Richtofen could've chosen anyone but he chose these 3 prisoners of war. This though might cause a backlash as well as it also implies then that Buried really is the end of things (for the time being we have no idea if Treyarch gets the next CoD and we wont know until next E3 at earliest). The ending being similar to how they went with the campaign, their being more than 1 ending being possible (amazing how this seems to be something their doing now)

Archived