A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

I have heard of richtofen's quote regarding the mark 2 in game before. It refers to him saying that maxis must have kept these plans away from him or something like that.

Oh? I heard that quote but the quote itself did not say what he was referring to. He also has a quote about how the Mark II shouldn't exist since they only just now built the Mark I. So I think Richtofen's hypothesis that the Mark II's origins is Maxis's secrets is incorrect, as opposed to the real conclusion, that the Mystery Box pulls weapons from different eras.

EDIT: MonkeyBomb, I'd say give it a week or so.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transcripts update is complete. Thanks to everyone who helped, critiqued, and proofread. I have nothing left to do in regards to the written form of this story at the moment. If there is something on your mind to talk about, NOW is the time.

Soon, I'm calling it and setting some things in motion regarding the video. After that point, things can still change, but not without hassle on my part. In short, get everything out now before it gets to that point.

However, if someone plans to try to argue old things such as Moon taking place in the '60's, we won't get anywhere, so I advise not trying to do that. If you aren't sure, then ask. I'll be happy to answer any questions and discuss possible changes to this storyline. I would like to get it as accurate as possible. Thank you.

EDIT: Also, I just received the sound files for the gramophone discs, and unfortunately they specifically do not have identifying names like I had hoped.

Sure, there's many questions, but not answers. As it stands, this story is practically complete. It isn't perfect, I know that. But any work of art is a lot like a corpse. Eventually, you have to call it. I am satisfied with this storyline, and at it seems no new info is coming, so I have locked the script as it stands. Only minor changes, grammatical and such, will be fixed at this point, should more be found, or major, emergency, horribly-incorrect changes, should any surface.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have a lot of reading to do in the coming days, well done MurderMachine X. It's a fantastic story and kudos to you. I'll try to fully analyze everything I read and give you some of my opinions. Great talking to to you tonight, we'll definitely be playing a game soon. :)

I finally read it all ! And I have a few questions about things whose I had never seen anyone mention this.

- How do you know that the giant robot fall is called Loki ?

- How do you know that Brutus control the zombies to help Arlington ? How the Group 935 is aware ?

- How do you know that Shi No Numa is in Manchuria ?

- H.Porter created only improved version of Zap Gun and Ray Gun Mark II, right ?

- How do you know that 935 survivor was questioned by Chase Rettland about a "magic" mirror ?

- How do you know that Nuketown happens in January ?

- How do you know that many other survivors went to Buried to activate the tower ?

Thank you for your future answers.

I apologies for answering some of the questions before you MMX. But here is my take on your questions Schrödinger.

- How do you know that 935 survivor was questioned by Chase Rettland about a "magic" mirror ?

From the Black Ops "Project Nova" Campaign Intel. Point # 6 on the left-hand column.

EDIT -I have also found the source for which this document would be based on.

Exert taken from a book called "Hitler's Suppressed & Still Secret Weapons, Science & Technology" written by Henry Stevens. If I had of read this book when World at war was released, I could have foreseen where the Zombies storyline was headed....

The following is a story he was told by a friend.

Page 255

"Greg witnessed and overheard this conversation as a child. Suspended from the top was some sort of concave mirror in which "images from the past" were seen during operation of the mechanism.

Page 252

(Otto) Cerny said that it was possible to "go back and witness things". With this statement a Greg's father asked why it was not possible to go forward if it were possible to go backward. Evidently there was some discussion between the two men on this point. Cerny responded that it simply did not work that way

(Click image for larger size)

- How do you know that Nuketown happens in January ?

In Die Rise, there are Chinese New Year signs, which occurs late January/early February. There are also calendars which show the month of January.

Being that the Earth went into an Apocalyptic state when the rockets/missiles were launched from the Moon, you could assume that this would have occurred in January. (Moon & Nuketown happen at the same time)

- How do you know that many other survivors went to Buried to activate the tower ?

I think there is/are quotes from either Maxis or Richtofen in Buried about previous survivors not being able to activate the tower?

Either that or there is a TV transmission in Tranzit that says that "they" (other survivors) activated a spire/tower. (see sound-clip below)

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

I will let MMX explain the other questions

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! So there have been a few updates while we've been away. I wrote this elsewhere, and I'll just copy it here:

The idea revolves around the idea of the cycle. So Samantha gets in the MPD, and from Shi No Numa to Moon/Nuketown, their eyes are yellow. Then Richtofen takes control and they are blue. If Maxis takes control they turn orange. But then Origins happens when Samantha is sent back. The zombies have the default eye color blue. (Richtofen only adopted the default color.) Samantha is partially in control in Origins, so some of the zombies have yellow eyes. And then she makes everything go back to normal, restarting the cycle. However, she essentially "leaves the switch on", yellow is now the default in the new timeline. Remnants from Samantha's control. Nacht then happens, and the zombies still have their yellow eyes. The Mystery Box is still there. Then Verruckt too. In essence, Samantha tainted the zombies yellow.

So, Blue = X - 1918 | Yellow = 1918 - 1933 | Red = 1933 - 1933 | Yellow = 1933 - 2025 | Blue = 2025 - 2045 | Orange = 2045-2045

This explains how zombies have yellow eyes in Nacht and Verruckt.

@Schrodinger: Pinnaz did an excellent job at answering your questions, so I'll focus on the ones he didn't answer.

The broken Giant Robot had to be called a Norse God name like the others. Loki is the only major one left. (There's plenty of minor ones, but only so many major ones.)

Brutus doesn't control the zombies. He just makes them for a split second ignore Arlington. The zombies are still controlled by the Ancient Evil. And I don't know what "How the Group 935 is aware?" means.

Tac posted a theory about Shi No Numa being in Manchuria which has never been successfully challenged. It offers the explanation of how Group 935 captured a Japanese and a Russian warrior. It was at the Group 935 camp in Japan where the Russians were invading.

H. Porter made the regular versions of the Zap Guns and Ray Gun Mark II, not the upgraded versions. The upgraded name just gives us insight into this. Just like the Hyena Infra-Dead was made by H. Yena.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MurderMachineX, you have put an unbelievable amount of work into this and there are some great theories I never even considered here before.

I have a few questions - and am interested in whether you included these elements because there is evidence in the game to back them up, or just because you thought it would fit in.

what makes you think there is a working underground railway under Green Zone, and " very strange abominations that they kept in cages" under the town?

Why do you think the Alcatraz warden invented Electric Cherry?

How do you know that the inhabitants of Agartha are called the Vril Ya? As far as I recall, there is a "vril device" in the game but no reference to the Vril Ya (which were a fictional alien race from a totally different story).

The other two Pyramids were catastrophically launched into the sky. One moved into orbit around the Earth. The other landed on the Moon

Where do you get this from? I remember the pyramid on the moon (MPD) but not one in space, or anything about them being "launched into the sky".

However, they were human. One was American. One was Russian. One was Japanese. One was German

Do you have any sources/evidence that this happened? Also are you aware that two of those countries didn't even exist between 1118 and 1312? So, to say someone is "American" or "German" in that time period doesn't make sense.

In 1871, Sir Edward George Earl Bulwer-Lytton claimed to have found the Vril-Ya. He wrote a book about it, announcing them to the world, but his book was far from accurate to the true nature of the Vril-Ya.

This is something that happened in our world - where is the evidence that this happened in the zombies storyline? No one mentions such a book, and, as I said before, unless I missed something, the Vril-Ya are not mentioned in the Zombies universe whatsoever?

Samantha was free from Agartha and its limitations. She was not limited by the power of the Aether and its Ancient Evil nor was she limited by the Vril-Ya's MPD. She gained the ultimate power that Richtofen and Maxis never could achieve. She became the polar opposite of the Ancient Evil; she became the closest thing there was to an archangel, a God

There doesn't seem to be any evidence for this in the game whatsoever. What makes you think that freeing herself from Agartha would make her become a god? (ps just a punctuation tip - you don't capitalize the word "god" unless you are talking about The God, as in the one monotheistic deity of Christianity/Islam/Judaism etc. If you are just talking about "a god" that is one of many i.e Zeus, Thor etc) it's lower-case "god".Sorry I teach English and can't help pointing these things out sometimes).

By October 5, 1955, the United States had acquired control of the Verrückt facility. Everything they could find was catalogued. On this day, Doctor Julius Robert "Oppy" Oppenheimer of Majestic-12 sent an e-mail to Dr. Bush detailing his interest in a limerick from John "Banana" that he found in the archive and that was found in Verrückt next to an empty M1919 Browning. Dr. Bush replied on the same day, having found another limerick.

How on earth would anyone send an email in 1955? Where is there evidence that oppenheimer is involved in the zombies story? I don't remember any mention of this in the games.

Why does your timeline start at the beginning , carry on through history and then go back to World War One? If you are writing this in a chronological order which seems to be the case, surely the events of World War One should be right at the start (before the description of what goes on in MOTD).

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed reading your timeline article, and you did a good job of putting some of the basic details into the right order, but I think there is a lot more work needed before it comes close to being an evidence-based theory rather than just "What I think happened".

Hi MurderMachineX, you have put an unbelievable amount of work into this and there are some great theories I never even considered here before.

I have a few questions - and am interested in whether you included these elements because there is evidence in the game to back them up, or just because you thought it would fit in.

Thank you very much. It depends. Some things are added because they are backed by a great deal of evidence, while some things are chosen with scanty evidence to fill the holes in between. But there's always a reason for each thing.

what makes you think there is a working underground railway under Green Zone, and " very strange abominations that they kept in cages" under the town?

If you listen carefully in Town in TranZit, occasionally a train will pass underneath. As for those cages, you can find them near the Pack-A-Punch. Those are likely the source of the Denizens.

Why do you think the Alcatraz warden invented Electric Cherry?

Because he was the administration of Alcatraz, and the administration left a sign telling prisoners to "Use Perks to increase performance." Therefore, he was telling them to use Perks. All of the Perks in Alcatraz were displaced out of their time, except for Electric Cherry. Electric Cherry is "native", if you will, meaning it came from Alcatraz. Therefore, the administration, i.e. the Warden, likely created Electric Cherry, the first Perk-A-Cola.

How do you know that the inhabitants of Agartha are called the Vril Ya? As far as I recall, there is a "vril device" in the game but no reference to the Vril Ya (which were a fictional alien race from a totally different story).

Vril-Ya literally means users of vril. They are the residents of Agartha. It is like asking why the inhabitants of Earth are called earthlings. The Vril-Ya have been spun in mythology in many different ways. It is best not to assert that every single one is true, just like how if dragons did exist, not every variant of mythical dragon would be real.

The other two Pyramids were catastrophically launched into the sky. One moved into orbit around the Earth. The other landed on the Moon

Where do you get this from? I remember the pyramid on the moon (MPD) but not one in space, or anything about them being "launched into the sky".

It comes from ancient Buddhism, and it explains the purpose of the pyramids. There's one on the Moon. One you see floating in Call of the Dead / Moon's loading screen. And the Shangri-LA Pyramid. The idea is from MixMasterNut, which he detailed in this thread here:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulle ... 5-30-12%29

However, they were human. One was American. One was Russian. One was Japanese. One was German

Do you have any sources/evidence that this happened? Also are you aware that two of those countries didn't even exist between 1118 and 1312? So, to say someone is "American" or "German" in that time period doesn't make sense.

That's why the answer is time travel, for an American and German cannot exist in that time save for time travel.

In 1871, Sir Edward George Earl Bulwer-Lytton claimed to have found the Vril-Ya. He wrote a book about it, announcing them to the world, but his book was far from accurate to the true nature of the Vril-Ya.

This is something that happened in our world - where is the evidence that this happened in the zombies storyline? No one mentions such a book, and, as I said before, unless I missed something, the Vril-Ya are not mentioned in the Zombies universe whatsoever?

Vril is specifically mentioned on more than one occasion. Agartha is mentioned several times. The Vril-Ya, they are practically the zombies you fight in the Crazy Place in Origins. Edward Bulwer-Lytton is the man who came up with the Vril-Ya. Creator, discoverer, whatever. Credit is due to him.

Samantha was free from Agartha and its limitations. She was not limited by the power of the Aether and its Ancient Evil nor was she limited by the Vril-Ya's MPD. She gained the ultimate power that Richtofen and Maxis never could achieve. She became the polar opposite of the Ancient Evil; she became the closest thing there was to an archangel, a God

There doesn't seem to be any evidence for this in the game whatsoever. What makes you think that freeing herself from Agartha would make her become a god? (ps just a punctuation tip - you don't capitalize the word "god" unless you are talking about The God, as in the one monotheistic deity of Christianity/Islam/Judaism etc. If you are just talking about "a god" that is one of many i.e Zeus, Thor etc) it's lower-case "god".Sorry I teach English and can't help pointing these things out sometimes).

I purposefully capitalized the word God as well as put an a to leave it religiously ambiguous.

The evidence for that is the entire final cutscene. The alternative is to say nothing is real, which of course makes no sense.

I first wrote this theory here: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 55&t=35943

By October 5, 1955, the United States had acquired control of the Verrückt facility. Everything they could find was catalogued. On this day, Doctor Julius Robert "Oppy" Oppenheimer of Majestic-12 sent an e-mail to Dr. Bush detailing his interest in a limerick from John "Banana" that he found in the archive and that was found in Verrückt next to an empty M1919 Browning. Dr. Bush replied on the same day, having found another limerick.

How on earth would anyone send an email in 1955? Where is there evidence that oppenheimer is involved in the zombies story? I don't remember any mention of this in the games.

In the Black Ops CIA database accessed by utilizing the terminal you can find a series of emails sent back and forth from Oppenheimer and Bush detailing exactly that.

Why does your timeline start at the beginning , carry on through history and then go back to World War One? If you are writing this in a chronological order which seems to be the case, surely the events of World War One should be right at the start (before the description of what goes on in MOTD).

It is because the whole thing is a cycle. WWI>WWII>Cold War>FutureWar>WWI>WWII

I have to draw a line somewhere. The best way was to do it the way the developers marketed the game to us.

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed reading your timeline article, and you did a good job of putting some of the basic details into the right order, but I think there is a lot more work needed before it comes close to being an evidence-based theory rather than just "What I think happened".

The entire thing is based on evidence, sorry. Facts are points, and theories are lines. We aim to make the straightest line. It will never be perfect, but this storyline as it stands is the most current, updated account of all of the facts, accompanied by suitable theories.

But nothing in the answers to my questions has actually been evidence. You can't just say "I can hear a train noise in the town so that is evidence there is a working underground railway in the town". That isn't evidence, sorry, it's pure speculation.

Likewise everything about the Vril Ya, which, by the way, have not been "spun in mythology" ... they are the creation of one writer (why do you say "discoverer, whatever" - The Vril book is a work of fiction).

Just because Treyarch used one reference to the book for one hidden item in an Easter Egg, does not mean that the Vril-Ya (a fictional race created for one novel in victorian times) are anything like as central to the plot of zombies as you make them out to be.

Sorry, but to me (and most rational gamers I think) the Zombies storyline all springs from it being a game being played between two modern-era children still. The evidence for that IS there plainly for all to see, as opposed to your "evidence", which is pretty much all speculation.

If you truly believe that, you would die in any sort of combat.

"What is that?"

"I just heard a train!"

"No I'm pretty sure that was your imagination."

In the Zombies universe, Edward Bulwer-Lytton is a discoverer, not a creator. His book was written as if his documentations were fact, and many Nazis interpreted it as so.

Agartha and vril are mentioned much more than one time... You expecting me to list it out for you?

Sorry but to me, and almost all of my rational supporters, the Zombies storyline is a complex cycle that has been referenced in Der Riese, Shangri-La, Moon, Die Rise, Buried, Mob of the Dead, and Origins. Saying that it is just a game is honestly just flat-out ignorant. Yeah. I'm sure that two children made a game that starred JFK, who hadn't even been elected yet, Sarah Michelle Gellar, a future star, and a sociopathic, schizophrenic, homicidal, masochistic, homosexual Nazi surgeon zombie overlord.

You must think children had twisted forms of humor. Not to mention you are completing ignoring the line of "My dad has a plan." How much other evidence are you flat-out ignoring?

You must think children had twisted forms of humor. Not to mention you are completing ignoring the line of "My dad has a plan." How much other evidence are you flat-out ignoring?

I would hardly say that one line is evidence to support the whole storyline being real. For a start, we still have the American Samantha in the bedroom, yet a German father calling her down to the basement.

As for children's imaginations... I remember playing with my toys as a child and being pretty wild and imaginative in what I did. Also, having JFK and the CotD crew being a part of their game does not prove it is still real, as we are not even 100% sure of what time frame it is when we see the children playing in the bedroom. It may look like it could be set between the 1940's to possibly the 60's, but for all we know it could be set in 2013, and all these people would then be known to the children.

Still... you are right about the Vril. They are referenced several times though out the maps, and it is also well known that Nazi's believed them to be a real race (see The Morning of the Magicians), so it makes even more sense to see them as being an integral part of the storyline.

Either way, the end sequence does still suggest strongly that it IS just a game, but as you said... the last words uttered by Samantha does leave the door open for anything to be possible still, and your timeline video was brilliantly though out and highly convincing. :)

In the Zombies universe, Edward Bulwer-Lytton is a discoverer, not a creator. His book was written as if his documentations were fact, and many Nazis interpreted it as so.

Says who? Where is the evidence in the game that this is true. Apologies if it is something I have missed but I played all the Zombies maps since WaW and I didn't notice Edward Bulwer-Lytton referenced.

Agartha and vril are mentioned much more than one time... You expecting me to list it out for you?

From what I can tell Agartha has nothing to do with Vril or the Vril-Ya. Again it might just be by poor memory but the only time I remember Vril being mentioned is the Vril device that was in a couple of maps. Once again, I say that this is no logical basis for assuming a fictional race known as Vril-Ya play any part in the story.

Sorry but to me, and almost all of my rational supporters, the Zombies storyline is a complex cycle that has been referenced in Der Riese, Shangri-La, Moon, Die Rise, Buried, Mob of the Dead, and Origins. Saying that it is just a game is honestly just flat-out ignorant.

Sorry but it's clearly a game. Everything about the hotch-potch construction of the story, taking liberally from all of the classic "pulp" genres to come up with a Frankenstein story, is PRECISELY what kids do. They make up rules on the spot, and they make storyline-shattering changes willy-nilly with no consideration for consistent plotline. The whole Zombies storylone portrays this perfectly.

Yeah. I'm sure that two children made a game that starred JFK, who hadn't even been elected yet, Sarah Michelle Gellar, a future star, and a sociopathic, schizophrenic, homicidal, masochistic, homosexual Nazi surgeon zombie overlord.

I think you are underestimating the imagination of children. And JFK had been elected - are you trying to suggest that the ending scene is not set in modern times? Look at their clothes and the syle of toys the children are playing with. Those certainly did not exist before JFK was elected.

No one knows the meaning of that final line. It could be setting things up for a whole new zombies campaign across the next 6 years of Treyarch's COD releases. It could just be a final mindbending parting shot from the devs as a way of keeping us confused. Whatever, it is certainly no proof of Vril-Ya, underground railways, Pyramids being launched into the air, or a lot of the other stuff you mentioned.

You can't just say "I can hear a train noise in the town so that is evidence there is a working underground railway in the town". That isn't evidence, sorry, it's pure speculation.

If you truly believe that, you would die in any sort of combat.

"What is that?"

"I just heard a train!"

"No I'm pretty sure that was your imagination."

Please answer the question instead of using personal attack fallacies, MMX.

Also this 'train sound' -- it's a hoax.

There is no train sound.

What you hear is actually the bus moving. '

Due to what I can only assume is bad programming - the sound can be heard even if the bus is very far away from the player.

Edit:

I have a few questions of my own;

After powering the Spire, Richtofen and Maxis subsequently abandoned the four survivors in their efforts to power the last tower using people that happened to be near it.

How do you know this?

Also if that were true, then why would the group still travel all the way to the last tower?

P081.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman then began to wander the Earth. They fought their way through the Far East, through the Middle East, and down to Africa. Other groups of survivors happened upon the Rift in Africa. Maxis and Richtofen urged the survivors to help them power the Mining Tower that was above the buried town below. However, the survivors failed. More survivors came upon the come, and more failed. Many groups of survivors came and died. Some were more successful than others, but none completed Maxis’s nor Richtofen’s goals.

You might want to rewrite this one.

You repeat way too much information.

"Suvivors came, and failed. More came and died [failed]. Many came and failed" see what I mean?

"Some were more succesful than others, but they never completed Maxis/Rich's goal"

Again, this is already stated "However, the survivors failed"

okay so I just wanted to step in, because I'm a big believer in the vril ya theory - and personally I love debating it. WARNING: MASSIVE POST AHEAD, sorry for it's sheer enormous nature - but facts cannot be conveyed without proof.

First off, PaulOfTheDead - welcome to CoDZ. I see you joined in August, but it seems you haven't really sank your teeth in until now. Thank you for your opinions, and your questions. I know MMX is heavily involved with his storyline, so maybe it will help hearing some answers and explanations from someone that isn't involved with the thread itself.

Says who? Where is the evidence in the game that this is true. Apologies if it is something I have missed but I played all the Zombies maps since WaW and I didn't notice Edward Bulwer-Lytton referenced.

Alright so - this one will take a few paragraphs to explain. My answer will not heavily involve Edward Bulwer-Lytton, as MMX has pretty well conveyed what he "is" to the zombies universe. My answer involves nazis, vril ya, vril power itself, aliens, Agartha, Asgard, Shangri-la and Shambhala (or, inner Asia).

The game is called Nazi Zombies, right? So from this, we have to understand the Nazi's to understand "nazi zombies".

Nazi leaders, in general, were obsessed with the occult. Mystical and dangerous power, everlasting life, flying saucers - you name it, and the nazis were probably into it.

One of the powers that real life Nazi's (this isn't nazi zombies universe we're talking here) strongly believed in, was Vril Power. The Nazi's had a secret society known as "The Vril Society", and on top of that - a sect/society of women even deeper involved known as "The Vrilikin" (spelling?). Here is some video from an Ancient Aliens episode (I know, the show is super bias and doesn't even take into account skeptics views - but they provide information that elsewhere cannot be found):

info on vril: right away.

info on vrilikin (sp): 3:00

uCDqp0ZXkSY

Mobile: http://youtu.be/uCDqp0ZXkSY

Along with The Vril Society, the Nazis had many other interests regarding the occult. They sent out research expeditions across Europe, Africa, & Tibet.

Namely, the mission to Tibet was supposedly to conduct biological, zoological, and other "ogical" based evidence - but there were secret intentions as well.

The Nazis believed that Tibet may have been the gateway to Shambhala (or Inner Asia). Shambhala is essentially synonymous with Agartha - It's an inner earth society said to have highly intelligent beings residing there. The entirety of Shambhala, or Agartha, exists within a much larger land known as Asgard.

nazi worksheet of inner earth

nazi map of asgard (close up)

nazi map of asgard, showing Shambhala, or Agartha (lower right)

The Nazis were on a quest to discover inner earth, and the society that lived there (and I think it's safe to assume that the Nazis believed that this inner society would be the Vril Ya - whom they would be able to learn the secret of Vril power from).

WOO! MAN. That was a lot of information.

From what I can tell Agartha has nothing to do with Vril or the Vril-Ya. Again it might just be by poor memory but the only time I remember Vril being mentioned is the Vril device that was in a couple of maps. Once again, I say that this is no logical basis for assuming a fictional race known as Vril-Ya play any part in the story.

Alright so with the given information above, hopefully you can understand how the nazis viewed inner earth as being linked to an inner earth society (and considering they were already attempting to communicate with the Vril Ya through "The Vril Society", it's safe to assume that the subterranean society of the Vril Ya was the subterranean inner earth society the nazis believed resided in inner earth).

So, now that you understand how Vril Ya, Agartha (Shambhala/Asgard) tie into the REAL LIFE nazis - we can now highlight how it all ties into our Nazi Zombies.

Our first real clue was on the chalk boards in Der Riese (not sure if it was a different map):

The drawn picture is actually a reference to a nazi diagram:

If you look at the middle of the diagram, you can see an object that rather resembles the Vril Device (i.e. the Golden Rod + the Focusing Stone = a rod with convex ends and a circle in the middle).

And with that, I'll bring about our second clue about the Vril Ya being related to Nazi Zombies, the Golden Rod itself!!!

This ancient Vril relic IS what we pick up in Call of the Dead:

it is also what we combine with the focusing stone to open the portal to Aether, a dimension beyond any realm.

Let's not forget about the elongated Alien-like head left for Richtofen along with the focusing stone:

So basically, I guess the point I'm getting at is that... in the Nazi Zombies stoyline - the Vril Ya, they are aliens that focus the power of Vril. Many arguments have been made that 115 IS Vril power. Nazis in real life believed in Vril power & the Vril Ya - and essentially what Treyarch has done is they have taken the Nazis love for the occult - and combined that with a multi-narrative, multi-timeline storyline involving a zombie apocalypse possibly caused by this lust for ancient great power.

Now Paul - now it really comes to do to what you want to believe, and what you choose not to believe. Personally I feel as though I've given you a boatload of evidence as to why the Nazi Zombies storyline is connected to the Vril Ya - through both real life and in game references.

Sorry but to me, and almost all of my rational supporters, the Zombies storyline is a complex cycle that has been referenced in Der Riese, Shangri-La, Moon, Die Rise, Buried, Mob of the Dead, and Origins. Saying that it is just a game is honestly just flat-out ignorant.

Sorry but it's clearly a game. Everything about the hotch-potch construction of the story, taking liberally from all of the classic "pulp" genres to come up with a Frankenstein story, is PRECISELY what kids do. They make up rules on the spot, and they make storyline-shattering changes willy-nilly with no consideration for consistent plotline. The whole Zombies storylone portrays this perfectly.

I'm going to say this is the nicest way I know how - if you believe that it's all "a game", then you are taking Treyarch's bait. They want you to focus on the most obvious thing. Oh don't worry about those monolithic statues of the O4 wearing ancient (Agarthan, as it's been suggested) clothes in the excavation site. Don't worry about the fact that there is a torn up picture floating around ORIGINS of the O4 presenting their staffs while wearing ancient clothes next to a Jersalum like city. Don't worry about who originally found that picture, about who tore it up so the O4 wouldn't find it. Don't worry about who knew the O4 were coming to the excavation site, and who had planned it all along. Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's all true, man. We have SO MANY clues as to "there is more going on then meets the eye" that I simply cannot, and will not accept that it's simply all a children's game.

All the information I presented above can be found on CoDZ, mostly in the asylum section. I'd highly suggest reading through some threads there before attempting to deconstruct the storyline.

Is it all a game? Maybe. Has it always been multiple narrative & multi dimensional? Yes. Did they leave us at a huge cliffhanger where we weren't sure if the storyline continued or not last time (with Moon's EE)? Yes.

Time travel will tell.

Excellent post Grill. I'll just re-quote this really important part:

I'm going to say this is the nicest way I know how - if you believe that it's all "a game", then you are taking Treyarch's bait. They want you to focus on the most obvious thing. Oh don't worry about those monolithic statues of the O4 wearing ancient (Agarthan, as it's been suggested) clothes in the excavation site. Don't worry about the fact that there is a torn up picture floating around ORIGINS of the O4 presenting their staffs while wearing ancient clothes next to a Jersalum like city. Don't worry about who originally found that picture, about who tore it up so the O4 wouldn't find it. Don't worry about who knew the O4 were coming to the excavation site, and who had planned it all along. Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's all true, man. We have SO MANY clues as to "there is more going on then meets the eye" that I simply cannot, and will not accept that it's simply all a children's game.

Not to say that the rest of it was unimportant. I appreciate you spelling it out. Thank you very much.

I would hardly say that one line is evidence to support the whole storyline being real. For a start, we still have the American Samantha in the bedroom, yet a German father calling her down to the basement.

As for children's imaginations... I remember playing with my toys as a child and being pretty wild and imaginative in what I did. Also, having JFK and the CotD crew being a part of their game does not prove it is still real, as we are not even 100% sure of what time frame it is when we see the children playing in the bedroom. It may look like it could be set between the 1940's to possibly the 60's, but for all we know it could be set in 2013, and all these people would then be known to the children.

Still... you are right about the Vril. They are referenced several times though out the maps, and it is also well known that Nazi's believed them to be a real race (see The Morning of the Magicians), so it makes even more sense to see them as being an integral part of the storyline.

Either way, the end sequence does still suggest strongly that it IS just a game, but as you said... the last words uttered by Samantha does leave the door open for anything to be possible still, and your timeline video was brilliantly though out and highly convincing. :)

The entire game reference the idea of a cycle. Samantha said it. Richtofen said it. Maxis said it. The mobsters said it. The survivors said it. What more do you want? The ending is not a present with a bow tie but actually the final puzzle to a board that has been given to us piece by piece for the past few years.

Just read Grill's post. Open your mind.

@Slade:

1. Richtofen teleported them to China and then left them to walk all the way to Africa. And when he finally chats with Stuhlinger again, both he and Samuel are surprised to see each other. We are also told that in their absence Richtofen and Maxis have been killing other survivors.

2. Okay, that's a typo. Thank you.

The entire game reference the idea of a cycle. Samantha said it. Richtofen said it. Maxis said it. The mobsters said it. The survivors said it. What more do you want? The ending is not a present with a bow tie but actually the final puzzle to a board that has been given to us piece by piece for the past few years.

I am not disputing that. Up until Origins was released, I still firmly believed in the storyline and despite the previous BO2 maps being a bit linear in story and mystery, I was still every bit as passionate.

The reason I am still a believer that the Origins ending is a confirmation of the storyline being nothing more than fabrication, despite the serious depth to it all, is that Treyarch are planning on a reboot (of sorts) of the franchise and this was their way putting the current storyline to bed.

Yeah, it would be a shitty move on their part, but I still feel this is what they have done. I have heard what the next game (particularly zombies) is going to be about, and although I want to believe it to be false, it's hard given the track record of the source.

Either way, Origins was a bit of a farce when it came to the storyline. I commend you for managing to take so much positives from it, and it may be the case that we are taking their bait, but it also goes on to explain all the ridiculous and exaggerated features within zombies, like perk drinks, power ups, pack a punch, magic, ghosts and monsters.

My guess is that in the next game will be an attempt at a more realistic zombies that is happening in the real world that Samantha, Eddie and her Father occupy.

I just heard a quote from richtofen on origins where he said when he first started experimenting with element 115 he started to fall in and out of reality. What do you take from this? Doesn't this support an alternative reality. Can this show/support that samantha could control 115 so well that she could create an alternate reality?

Edit: i found the quote and it is here at 2:18. It basically says that the element itself went in and out of reality. But I still suggest hearing it yourself.

What does that mean mmx?

Edit again to avoid posting twice

I have heard of richtofen's quote regarding the mark 2 in game before. It refers to him saying that maxis must have kept these plans away from him or something like that.

Oh? I heard that quote but the quote itself did not say what he was referring to. He also has a quote about how the Mark II shouldn't exist since they only just now built the Mark I. So I think Richtofen's hypothesis that the Mark II's origins is Maxis's secrets is incorrect, as opposed to the real conclusion, that the Mystery Box pulls weapons from different eras.

EDIT: MonkeyBomb, I'd say give it a week or so.

I found the quote i was referring to. In the same video above, go to 25:27

He asks himself if maxis has kept the weapon secret to him. This could be likely because there are other weapons that maxis kept from richtofen.

If you listen carefully in Town in TranZit, occasionally a train will pass underneath.

I have not found videos, so I listened In Game with push the volume up and I have not heard anything special (except 2 alarms).

It comes from ancient Buddhism, and it explains the purpose of the pyramids. There's one on the Moon. One you see floating in Call of the Dead / Moon's loading screen. And the Shangri-LA Pyramid. The idea is from MixMasterNut, which he detailed in this thread here:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulle ... 5-30-12%29

3 pyramids not really useful or 3 MPD ?

She in orbit makes me think of Black Knight Satellite.

Archived