JuggernautSoda

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In treyarks little post about ascension,

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/443

^that^

They say the zombies interrupted a cosmonaut in there high-G tollerance. So they basicly said the a person was in the centrifuge.

Maybe the guy we free in the casimir device easter egg?

So we actuelly are freeing that person from the centrifuge maybe?

I dunno, but that would be awesome!

To me the article reads because the centrifuge spins randomly it was in use as the break out happened and the zombies killed the person inside at the time

In treyarks little post about ascension,

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/443

^that^

They say the zombies interrupted a cosmonaut in there high-G tollerance. So they basicly said the a person was in the centrifuge.

Maybe the guy we free in the casimir device easter egg?

So we actuelly are freeing that person from the centrifuge maybe?

I dunno, but that would be awesome!

To me the article reads because the centrifuge spins randomly it was in use as the break out happened and the zombies killed the person inside at the time

Well, if that were true wouldn't it be opened from the zombies killing the guy? And the break out starts when you're on round 1. (I think anyway :? )

If you listen to the radios across the map, the man saved in the Easter Egg (Presumably Gersch) is trapped there by a man named Yuri. He is (again, presumably) being possessed or at least is channeling Samantha. Gersh is tricked into activating the Gersh Device and thereby trapping himself in the Casimir device.

What happens to Yuri at the end is unknown...though he could be sucked into the device or killed as well....I'm going for sucked in because I believe there is more to the egg than we have cracked thus far.

Back to the post on hand about the man in the centrifuge...I am curious. What keeps activating it? How does it stop? (There is a panic button in those things) and why isn't the glass broken on top?

My roommate and I play this pretty often on Split Screen because we usually have to pause and then leave it unattended and resume later.

I do not know if it was just a glitch in our particular game but we witnessed something notable.

We obtained the Gersh device pretty early on, probably between 10-15, and did the first couple steps to the easter egg. We knew we would get stuck on the buttons because we didn't have four people but we just did it for grins, our mission was/is killin zombs.

I noticed that the centerfuige no longer spun. I was like huh, maybe because we started the easter egg and did not finish it, it won't spin anymore.

We continued playing (and it's actually still paused, going on 5 days lol) and finally during round 41 it started spinning again. I don't know why it would randomly start again, which made me wonder if it was all a glitch.. We left it paused on 44 so I haven't gotten to try to recreate it cause I want to finish this game eventually as it is my highest round to date.

In Summary, has anyone else seen the device stop spinning throughout the duration of the easter egg? If so does it start working again after the DM step?

***Edit: I believe around 40 or 41 was the first time we set a trap. Specifically the trap near Staminup***

Perhaps the Centrifuge does something to help the players. As everyone knows, there is a little power for the players at the beginning. Maybe there IS someone in the centrifuge helping out, using the Centrifuge. I KNOW there is an emergency brake inside the Centrifuge, but what about emergency start??? Maybe Yuri(or someone else) is inside the Centrifuge, giving thanks in advance for helping him, or helping the players so that it is easier for them to free him(although I personally think the Centrifuge helps me NONE). Maybe Sam is in it, they do say that Sam is controlling the players fate.

Its really creepy how REAL PEOPLE are tied into this story of samantha and maxis...just..creepy

Dude, the Nazi Zombie storyline actuelly happened. :shock:

Wait wat :shock:

Oh yeah, did anyone else notice the ROOM RIGHT ABOVE THE CENTRIFUGE WITH THE SPEAKERS ASJKSHDJLKSHLJW. Sorry, but caps is necessary being I've never seen anyone think of this.

Perhaps the Centrifuge does something to help the players. As everyone knows, there is a little power for the players at the beginning. Maybe there IS someone in the centrifuge helping out, using the Centrifuge. I KNOW there is an emergency brake inside the Centrifuge, but what about emergency start??? Maybe Yuri(or someone else) is inside the Centrifuge, giving thanks in advance for helping him, or helping the players so that it is easier for them to free him(although I personally think the Centrifuge helps me NONE). Maybe Sam is in it, they do say that Sam is controlling the players fate.

I believe this to be the case too. After reading some of the code, it appears that the orb goes back to Spawn after you release it, which to me would be the start of the game.

I believe this to be the case too. After reading some of the code, it appears that the orb goes back to Spawn after you release it, which to me would be the start of the game.

Where in the code did you read this?? Perhaps you've seen something we missed? I know there's quite a few people that have torn the code apart and I've never heard anything along these lines about the Orb going back to spawn. Although it could make sense as the screens go black and white temporarily when the team recieves the death machines,like it was at the beginning of the game in the spawn room.

Its really creepy how REAL PEOPLE are tied into this story of samantha and maxis...just..creepy

No they arent. I dont remember whatr Yuri's last name was, but its not the same as the first russian in space. Yuri is a common russian name. I believe Yuri is who we are setting free, and Gersch was teleported by the possessed Yuri.

Where in the code did you read this?? Perhaps you've seen something we missed? I know there's quite a few people that have torn the code apart and I've never heard anything along these lines about the Orb going back to spawn. Although it could make sense as the screens go black and white temporarily when the team recieves the death machines,like it was at the beginning of the game in the spawn room.

This is after you shoot the orb in the code.

soul_release( model, origin )

{

soul = Spawn( "script_model", origin );

soul SetModel( "tag_origin" );

soul PlayLoopSound( "zmb_egg_soul" );

fx = PlayFXOnTag( level._effect["gersh_spark"], soul, "tag_origin" );

time = 20;

model waittill( "death" );

level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_success", 9 );

level thread wait_for_gersh_vox();

soul MoveZ( 2500, time, time - 1 );

wait( time );

soul Delete();

wait(2);

level thread samantha_is_angry();

{

time = 20;

level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_success", 9 );

wait( time );

soul Delete();

wait(2);

I think this code just means that the soul spawns and rises up. i don't believe that spawns means it is at the spawn point of the 4 characters. i'm not sure i could be far wrong

{

time = 20;

wait( time );

soul Delete();

wait(2);

I think this code just means that the soul spawns and rises up. i don't believe that spawns means it is at the spawn point of the 4 characters. i'm not sure i could be far wrong

It is as good as any theory I have heard thusfar.

It is as good as any theory I have heard thusfar.

You are correct.

*puts on nerd glasses and straightens pocket protector*

The programmers of this game invoke a 3 dimensional graph for all locations within the game. For those of you who missed Algebra, its basically those curvy line graphs you use in School...only instead of X & Y, you have (X,Y,Z)

Think of a 3 dimensional box (or cube) where the center point is 0. If you had straight lines connecting each side to the side directly opposite, you would create your 3 plains. The spawn point is 0,0,0. Moving up the stairs in the Centrifuge moves you up on the X Axis (example, you are now at (0, 0, 1)). If you move to the Sickle...you are up, left, and back (for lack of dimensional term)...so you'd be something like (-14, -8, 8).

Now, what does this have to do with this program? Well, the orb simply is activated. This means somewhere there is a preprogrammed system telling the orb what to do. These programs are small...remember there is space issues with storage involved here....they gotta keep this small. If the program told it to float up and go to the spawn, it would have the same programming, but with an added line telling the "soul" (as called in the programming) to go to (0, 0, 0) or the centrifuge room.

Instead, it simply tells it to activate. Creating a self sustained program that runs up, then left, then down to the centrifuge would be too large...instead, they simply tell the sould to go up...a very basic, 2 line program.

Essentially, it just goes up for 20 seconds...then vanishes...

well...I have just shown my nerd side for the day.....