Jump to content

Oh, shit... I'd completely forgotten to introduce myself!


Recommended Posts

Donor

Greetings! I made my account here almost 10 days ago, after spending an uncounted amount of time reading so many theories and story explanations hidden under the surface. I've already hopped into a few threads since making my account, mainly Make-a-Map threads (I've been making map concepts since BO1 so expect to see a lot more of my ideas in those threads as they pop up!) and a few more serious theorizing threads. I can proudly say I have a very good understanding of what we know as solidified fact in the Zombies Storyline, but always find deep appreciation in theorizing of what else happened that never was recorded on the Timeline / followed up on / what could have been. My friends and I have been working on a small storyline since 2014 that would add more detail to some of the more underappreciated points in the story, but with the information given between BO3 and BO4 there's been a LOT to process and rework so that it doesn't inherently retcon the actual story. The underlying themes such as the Vril-ya (and subsequently Vril Energy), the Illuminati, the various organizations worldwide and how deep they run through humanity got me hooked on the story since Call of the Dead (BO1 was my first game so I didn't get to experience Nacht/Verruckt/Shi no Numa/Der Reise until Moon), with Tranzit being the biggest catalyst to the beginning of my theorizing. I hope to be a very active member of the community, I have a lot to talk about and would be happy to share and discuss with you all! 

Link to post
Moderator

Yaaaasss my favorite kind of story person!!!! Welcome to the forums! Seriously, let's get your peeps in here too - we've been trying to pound out those same topics for years, which of course is a challenge, as it's a moving target, even today! 

 

I love how the real story fanatics seem to eventually just drift back here. Welcome home!

Link to post
  • Moderators
Moderator

Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have someone new in the theorization mix! I also got into the story around Call of the Dead's release. Such a good time to be a zombies fan!

Link to post
8 minutes ago, clueless said:

I can proudly say I have a very good understanding of what we know as solidified fact in the Zombies Storyline, but always find deep appreciation in theorizing of what else happened that never was recorded on the Timeline / followed up on / what could have been. 

Welcome aboard! Please have a seat. Thank you for choosing COD Zombies Bus Lines. We know it is a big decision who you ride with, and we are privileged to have been chosen!

Jokes aside, that's what we do here, glad to see you around. 

Link to post
Donor
1 minute ago, ProjectKMR said:

You,
Me,
Story theory discussion

 

n o w

Despite being an Apothicon, the Shadow Man found his own way out of the Dark Aether he was supposed to be banished to before the release of the Apothicons in Shadows of Evil, I've been using that as a tool for our smaller storyline. It can't be because of the cycle because during the completed cycle the Shadowman gets Death Beamed and in the broken cycle he's still in the Summoning Key during the events of BO4. So where did he come from???

 

On a similar note, the "Elder Gods" can open portals to different dimensions to send 115 through but are unable to open portals to let themselves through? It could be an oversight, I choose to think the portal only allows the element through, but won't allow the Apothicon through without destroying it in the process (quotes by Maxis say that spacetime will collapse if the coordinates are not exactly correct when travelling between dimensions, but sending inanimate objects shouldn't cause this issue especially when it's the central source of our entire story).

Link to post
Donor
Just now, RadZakpak said:

Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have someone new in the theorization mix! I also got into the story around Call of the Dead's release. Such a good time to be a zombies fan!

Tag's release annoyed many but I LOVED how they expanded on a map that needed a lot explained. They covered so much in just one map WHILE adding new artifacts to chase and explaining those at the same time!

Link to post
Moderator
Just now, clueless said:

Tag's release annoyed many but I LOVED how they expanded on a map that needed a lot explained. They covered so much in just one map WHILE adding new artifacts to chase and explaining those at the same time!

Thank you! This should be the universal philosophy regarding that map. And all the other BO4 "revisits", I would argue.

Link to post
  • Moderators
Moderator
2 minutes ago, clueless said:

Tag's release annoyed many but I LOVED how they expanded on a map that needed a lot explained. They covered so much in just one map WHILE adding new artifacts to chase and explaining those at the same time!

Agreed! Tag is one of my favorites, and so much to dive into that I think people often ignore nowadays.

Link to post
Donor
Just now, NaBrZHunter said:

Thank you! This should be the universal philosophy regarding that map. And all the other BO4 "revisits", I would argue.

I hated how Blood played, especially the Easter Egg, but the lore was JUICY. We didn't find everything until much later than we expected (and probably still missed some of it too)

 

Alpha Omega unironically is one of my favorite maps, both in terms of story and gameplay. The crawlers are annoying but if you can handle the blue fucks from Chaos you can deal with the Nova Buff Crawlers. (Electric ones aren't even a threat, gas ones only spawn in the bunker and both die to one hit of Galvaknuckles.) The huge drop of info regarding Broken Arrow was something I've been waiting on for almost 6/7(?) years now, and it only disappointed with what happened to Peter after the Easter Egg. 

 

Tag obviously got bad because people didn't understand why there wasn't a boss fight with Monty, when the story explained it in Classified. He doesn't know where they are, why would they go fighting him if he's half as dangerous as they think he is? Plus radios in Tag clarify he isn't even a villain, none of them truly are. The dichotomy of good and evil is so gray in this story that I can't believe more people didn't notice such detailed points.

Link to post
  • Moderators
Moderator
8 minutes ago, clueless said:

Tag obviously got bad because people didn't understand why there wasn't a boss fight with Monty, when the story explained it in Classified. He doesn't know where they are, why would they go fighting him if he's half as dangerous as they think he is? Plus radios in Tag clarify he isn't even a villain, none of them truly are. The dichotomy of good and evil is so gray in this story that I can't believe more people didn't notice such detailed points.

Finally, someone gets it! It's a really interesting dynamic where no one is wholly responsible. The Aether corrupts anyone who touches it.

Link to post
  • Moderators
Moderator
1 minute ago, RichKiller said:

So the Aether is responsible 😝

I guess it depends whether you classify the Aether as something able to "think" to a degree that it could be blamed.

Link to post
Moderator

OMG Where have you been all these years? Can anyone tell me where all these great people who just showed up since BO4 (when the community felt like it was dying off) have been all these years???

Link to post
Donor
1 minute ago, RichKiller said:

So the Aether is responsible 😝

Funny enough my theory kind of builds off of another one I saw here involving the hivemind of the Apothicons, where the Apothicon was originally the Dark Aether existing as a consciousness but as Dark Aether was used by the First One (self-proclaimed, unaware of the Apothicon's consciousness flowing through the Dark Aether) the Apothicon began to be split, causing it great agony that caused it to become the chaos causing contortions we know it/them as. The Apothicon doesn't inherently want destruction, it wants to be whole again and stop its agony. Unfortunately by the time it could do anything the Aether (and by extent the Dark Aether as well, which was used to get to this point) was intertwined with an existence the Keepers sought to protect and saw the Apothicon as a threat to existence for the sake of being a threat. When I have more time I can expand on it, I spent a lot of time trying to expand the lore (entirely out of speculation mind you, I have next to nothing to back me up on any of my claims) while working on my friend's story.

Link to post
Donor
28 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

OMG Where have you been all these years? Can anyone tell me where all these great people who just showed up since BO4 (when the community felt like it was dying off) have been all these years???

Somewhere between self-loathing, depression, and getting shut down on Reddit because I enjoyed some of BO4 lol

Link to post
Moderator
2 minutes ago, clueless said:

Somewhere between self-loathing, depression, and getting shut down on Reddit because I enjoyed some of BO4 lol

Welp, yep, that's about the most relatable reply I could have asked for!

Link to post
  • Moderators
Moderator

Finally a proper moment to say hello to ya, @clueless! I'm very happy to read your type of interests in the story (off the Timeline, so to say) as, frankly, that pretty much describes me as well! I'm curious to your map design ideas and I bet @The Meh, designer of his 'Unity maps' might appreciate them too (no rush though, quality deserves time). 

 

Also wanted to say that though the Forums are our main hub for theories, strategies, map designs, etc, the CoDZ Discord is where alot of quick chat is, concerning zombies but also about anything really. 

 

Concerning the Apothicon/Dark Aether thing, I am inclined to think that the Dark Aether is nothing different than the (normal) Aether: one and the same. As all mentions of it write 'dark' without capital (dark Aether instead of Dark Aether) I think it might be a mere adjective for Aether. Would also fit with the idea that the Timeline might be a propaganda tool for dr. Monty. 

1 hour ago, RichKiller said:

Welcome aboard! Please have a seat. Thank you for choosing COD Zombies Bus Lines. We know it is a big decision who you ride with, and we are privileged to have been chosen!

Love you, Rich

Link to post
Donor

I'll be sure to check out the Discord once I've got my PC back up and running, my phone barely handles Discord lol

Link to post
Donor
10 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Concerning the Apothicon/Dark Aether thing, I am inclined to think that the Dark Aether is nothing different than the (normal) Aether: one and the same. As all mentions of it write 'dark' without capital (dark Aether instead of Dark Aether) I think it might be a mere adjective for Aether. Would also fit with the idea that the Timeline might be a propaganda tool for dr. Monty. 

Honestly that helps my theory more than breaks it involving the Apothicon being the real "First One" unknown to the being that calls itself the First One (which would later become Monty and Rapt in an attempt to split the corruption from itself according to my own headcanon, although the first half of that is pretty much confirmed by quotes and Timeline excerpts).

 

I think Monty isn't as omniscient as he made himself out to be to Primis given he

1. Didn't know Shadowman was in the Summoning Key

2. Needed souls to see certain individuals

3. Made an "app" to determine if people were happy (wouldn't he already know? or would the experiment in this case be if people bothered pressing the button???)

 

That's all I've got off the top of my head but I'm sure there's plenty more evidence to back up his lack of omniscience. But I  don't think the Kronorium (and subsequently the timeline) was made to be a propaganda tool, it was simply following what we (they) knew at the time except for Richtofen's victories because those became sealed off dimensions ("mend the Rift") where Apothicons and Keepers could no longer interfere, thus became irrelevant to the timeline by literally wiping itself from it.

Link to post
  • Moderators
Moderator

@clueless coming back on this later, interesting stuff!

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Well, dang. I did not know that you were new. With your recent input, I assumed you were one of the oldies popping back in.

 

That's just because, story-wise I'm clueless...no, wait, that's you. Okay, let's just say I'm no story guy (but I'm glad it brings joy to so many). So I lurk or post old zombies tips and stuff. Blah blah blah and all.

 

So, in short, belated welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you already got the cyan robes on UOTM!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .