Jump to content



#0
Guest

User Menu


Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Sign Up

Forum Menu


More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

anonymous

Leylines: the Key to understand the Aether?

Recommended Posts

Moderator

Hey all! So today I wanted to share a thread about a subject quite some members here (notably @caljitsu , @The Meh and @NaBrZHunter) inspired me after reading their topics and discussions here on the Forums or our CoDZ Discord, so all props to them please! Without any doubt, I have excluded some major information and story/gameplay references, but I wanted to have this thread posted this evening, to give y'all some interesting brainfood. Ah well, it's already almost 1AM here but the UK and Americas might still be awake (You can read it with spleenbreakfast, @Lenne, my dear). Enjoy, and don't forget to share your own thoughts!

 

 

I'll start with Leylines. Anyone knows what that are? (Sees a few raised hands) Okay so, Ley lines are believed to be a series of metaphysical connections that link a number of sites, such as Stonehenge, the Pyramids of Giza and Macchu Picchu around the world. Essentially, these lines form a sort of grid or matrix and are composed of focussed spots of the earth's natural energies. It could be called the Earth’s magnetical veins, nexuses of energy. These lines appear in most cultures and traditions, spread across the globe, and usually the names given to represent these invisible lines are translated to an equivalent of 'spirit', 'dream', or 'energy' paths. Most of these locations happen to be on mountains, man-made mounds, stone circles, pyramids or beacons.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Some believe these lines are the flow of Earth’s magnetic field. For example, practitioners of the Chinese art of Feng-shui, try to determine the flow of 'lung-mei', or 'Dragon currents'. The main paths of the forces were believed to be determined by the routes of the sun, moon and five major planets. We know that the Earth is encompassed within a magnetic field. The strength and direction of the magnetic currents vary according to the position of the sun, moon and closer planets. The magnetic field is also affected. You could imagine that when the Earth was blown into bits, the magnetic field and leylines were altered and the force decreased. This heavily severed the Aether’s, and thus Richthofen’s connection with Earth, limiting his power.

untitled.png

Now some time ago, @RequixEclipse shared a discovery by several global space-organizations of ‘hidden portals in Earth’s magnetic field’. Observations by NASA's THEMIS spacecraft and ESA’s Cluster probes suggest that these magnetic portals open and close dozens of times each day. They're typically located a few tens of thousands of kilometers from Earth where the geomagnetic field meets the onrushing solar wind. Most portals are small and short-lived; others are yawning, vast, and sustained. Tons of energetic particles can flow through the openings, heating Earth's upper atmosphere, sparking geomagnetic storms, and igniting bright polar auroras. From my understanding of this, it appears that Earth’s magnetic field is capable of generating portals.

 

Back to the leylines, the energy nexuses of the magnetic field. Mythologies say that the Vril-Ya used rods harnessing and conduiting this energy, they called ‘Vril’. As I explained this in a prior thread concerning the Weapons of the Ancients,  a Vril staff is an object in the shape of a wand or a staff which is used as a channel for Vril. The narrator of the book The Coming Race describes it as hollow with "stops", "keys", or "springs" in which Vril can be altered, modified, or directed to either destroy or heal. The staff is about the size of a walking stick but can be lengthened or shortened according to the user's preferences. We have actually seen such staff in Call of the Dead, Moon and Der Eisendrache (most likely all being the same one). We also see so-called ‘Amplyfiers’ in the map Buried, which amplify and project the energy.

 

Blood of the Dead for the first time confirmed the existence of laylines in the zombies canon, in which it is revealed that Alcatraz is located at such nexus. This could explain why the Native Americans mentioned evil spirits they purportedly encountered on the Rock long before it became a federal prison. You see, bones and artifacts unearthed by archaeologists on the island have indicated that it might have served as a burial ground for Native Americans, and for some mysterious reason there are burial mounds and monuments made at a lot of leyline locations. It is believed that these locations, and the rituals around them, are ‘Death Roads’ or ‘Spirit Paths’, places where the spirits of the deceased can move away to find peace. In Buried, Richthofen says that departed souls leave residual energy in their wake, and now you might see where I am getting at. Is ‘Life Force’ electromagnetic in origin too?

 

Let’s talk about the Schumann Resonance first, a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency portion of the Earth’s magnetic field. Pretty much the frequency generated of our ionosphere over the planet’s surface, the rhythm of Earth. Every second, pulses travel around the world in the resonant chamber between the Earth and the ionosphere, the area we live in, sending colluding signals to all microorganisms. These signals couple us to the Earth's magnetic field.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor schumann resonance

Concerning our brain: Our grey thinking masses consist of billions of neurons, and each individual neuron connects to thousands of others. Communication happens between them through small electrical currents that travel along the neurons and throughout enormous networks of brain circuits. When all these neurons are activated they produce electrical pulses. This synchronized electrical activity results in a brainwave, our brain’s frequency. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor brainwaves

Now it is theorized that the Earth’s magnetic field, through the Schumann Resonance, affects our brainfrequency, and thus: Our minds (and this has actually some science backing this idea). It is by some even believed that this is the driving force behind evolution of living organisms. Conspiracy theorists believe secret projects such as the H.A.A.R.P. and MKUltra revolve around this. Mindcontrol through the Earth’s energy and frequency. In Alpha Omega, it is revealed that the APD (and thus, the MPD as well, I guess) can influence the brain of a subject: Motor and cognitive functions, the pain center, memories and emotions. So does an Aether Pyramid Device enslave the neurons and synapses through manipulating the frequency? 

kL5wUUmYkv5Dzm0RG8CYMkXeFi4G7ZiT3R3GolHp

In what way could Life Force be involved in this? Is it a cerebral pulse that sparks us alive, and maintains us so? If a brain works 'electric', does it release energy once it stops working and dies? The human body is comprised of matter and energy. Remarkably, at any given moment, roughly 20 watts of energy course through your body. Now, as Maxis says in Buried, energy in a closed system cannot be destroyed, only passed on. The universe as a whole is closed. However, human bodies (and other ecosystems) are not closed, they’re open systems. We exchange energy with our surroundings. In death, the collection of atoms of which you are composed are repurposed. Those atoms and that energy, which originated during the Big Bang, will always be around. Therefore, your “light,” that is, the essence of your energy, your Life Force, will continue to echo throughout space until the end of time. Is our energy connected with the Leylines, our planet's magnetic field and the Aether?

Quote

Though my understanding of the ethereal realm remains limited, I am convinced that the manipulation of the energy fields within all matter is vital to uncovering the dimensional gateway itself. - Maxis

Solid matter is made up of pure energy which is vibrating at a specific frequency which gives matter properties like shape, size, texture etc. These solid looking objects like a pen, book and even the molecules, atoms and cells in our bodies for that matter are actually made up of vibratory energy particles like electron, protons , neutrons and further more tiny particles. So when these particles vibrate in their nucleus, a small electrical impulse is generated in our body and according to Maxwell's famous law of physics “When there is a electrical field around a body, a magnetic field gets developed automatically”. Maxwell's equation can even be found in the map Shadows of Evil, written in Apothican language. So the tiny electrical impulses in our body results into the formation of a magnetic field around our body which is actually know as the Aura-electromagnetic field of the body. The Aura is pretty much a person's electromagnetic field! Since everything in this universe is made up of the same constituent particles electron, protons, neutrons etc that means everything has an Aura. Matter is energy, E=mc2. Everything in this physical universe is nothing but energy which connects to everything in the universe.

 

So all matter contains vibrating particles, which generate an electric pulse which forms a magnetic field. In Buried Maxis even says that all matter contains energy. So its not important if it is a living or dead body. Hell, even a rock has an aura. However, a rock, or any object, is that it has no muscles to physically move. A dead body has, thats why zombies are able to exist. And rezurrecting this electromagnetic field, almost in a way like marionette dolls, also rezurrect this deceased's brain, and thus its soul, as the brainwaves are rezurrected as well. However, it is neurologically enslaved to the Controller, resulting in the lyrics of 'the One'. A zombie has an everlasting desire for human flesh (which is given by the Controller), though it wishes someone kills him to end his suffering.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

What is also not uninterested is that @PINNAZ recently mentioned that Die Glocke was believed to broadcast ELF (extreme low frequency) waves as well, causing the bees to disappear from the Ludwigsdorf area. Now in The Giant, Maxis says that we must activate the beacon (the Fly Trap)...

Share this post


Link to post

There is most definitely a connection.


Since WAW, the zombies are created through galvanism.
The Avogadro is a literal floating nervous system. 

Afterlife mode in MotD and the Warden's key both feature an electrical theme. During the Bo2 era, I remember wondering if there was a link between the Avogadro and afterlife.
This "electricity" must be the explanation for how Pernell and Maxis interface with technology.
 Alpha Omega features the lightning elemental shard (I am guessing each shard has some effect on one's life/life-force). 

 

 

Side note- If there really is a connection between zombies and campaign, I wonder if Corvus is related to the Broken Arrow experiments.

Other side note- maybe that is why 115 causes memory delusions because it interferes with the brain and nervous system.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
18 hours ago, Mattzs said:

There is most definitely a connection.


Since WAW, the zombies are created through galvanism.
The Avogadro is a literal floating nervous system. 

Afterlife mode in MotD and the Warden's key both feature an electrical theme. During the Bo2 era, I remember wondering if there was a link between the Avogadro and afterlife.
This "electricity" must be the explanation for how Pernell and Maxis interface with technology.
 Alpha Omega features the lightning elemental shard (I am guessing each shard has some effect on one's life/life-force). 

 

 

Side note- If there really is a connection between zombies and campaign, I wonder if Corvus is related to the Broken Arrow experiments.

Other side note- maybe that is why 115 causes memory delusions because it interferes with the brain and nervous system.

 

Mattzs, glad to see you again mate! And it appears that you have the same wonderful theoretically insight in the story as back then. As for electricity, I have hardly any knowledge and experience concerning that field of physics, but I beloeve we do know the 115th element has highly electromagnetic properties. These are those properties which govern the rate at which a material will respond to absorption or emission of electromagnetic radiations. Examples of electromagnetic radiations with which we might be familiar are radio waves, micro waves, ultraviolet rays, infrared rays and visible light rays, which perfectly fits with the stuff I said about 'Life Force' being electromagnetic in origin. 

 

The brain and nervous system of a zombie being infected with 115 might absorb more radiation or something. The 115 forms the bridge with the Aether. With the Avogadro, it almost seems like they 'took away' the physical form, leaving the Aether-connected nervous system over or something. But yeah, you're spot on electromagnetism, galvanism, Earths magnetic field and Life Force can very well be connected. Its not without a reason that we constant encounter great sciencific minds in the electricity like Tesla, Faraday and Avogadro.

 

Your note of galvanism reminds me of the galvaknuckles. It seems like, along with the Electro-traps, a high voltage of electricity is able of kill a zombie somehow...

 

EDIT: Connecting Broken Arrow with the creation of Corvus would require an entire theory/thread. I like that thought

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
19 hours ago, Mattzs said:

Side note- If there really is a connection between zombies and campaign

Is that still up to debate? I mean we literally had zombies in BO 4 3 campaign.

 

Nice to see you again @Mattzs.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
13 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Is that still up to debate? I mean we literally had zombies in BO 4 campaign.

 

Nice to see you again @Mattzs.

He means how much interwoven the stories of the two modes are. Black Ops I had this very clear, as JFK, Nova-6, the Ascension Group etc appeared in both, and the events of the zombie story were based on real-life and campaign events. "Five" is pretty much the manifestation of this. However, around this time Richthofen & his crew travelled through time for the first time, triggering Temporal Rifts throughout history and future. As soon as they appeared in 1963, things changed (possibly led to the Butterfly Effect) and fractures were created. So right now, it is hard to say. I mean, in Gorod Krovi we got Reznov infiltrating Group 935 and stealing schematics of the Giant Metal Men, while in the original, unharmed universe, he fought in a 'normal' WW2, ending up in Vorkuta where he eventually disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

Sure, but he wrote "if there really is a connection" not how deep it goes. That is why I brought up the zombies appearing in the BO 4 3 campaign.

 

Or am I not seeing something? Or I am just being a goof again. 

Ayayayaayayayayaayayayaay

 

Have some spleens, both of you, but not mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
25 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Sure, but he wrote "if there really is a connection" not how deep it goes. That is why I brought up the zombies appearing in the BO 4 campaign.

 

Or am I not seeing something? Or I am just being a goof again. 

Ayayayaayayayayaayayayaay

 

Have some spleens, both of you, but not mine.

Youre not the goof, Im the goof. The answer on his question is indeed yes, entschuldigung. Just me going too deep again. 

 

Side note: Do zombies appear in the BO4 campaign? I have never played BO4 and didn't even knew it had a campaign. In what vontext do they appear?

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Youre not the goof, Im the goof. The answer on his question is indeed yes, entschuldigung. Just me going too deep again. 

 

Side note: Do zombies appear in the BO4 campaign? I have never played BO4 and didn't even knew it had a campaign. In what vontext do they appear?

Argh I mean 3. ^^

 

Now we are both goofs for sure. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
3 hours ago, Lenne said:

Argh I mean 3. ^^

 

Now we are both goofs for sure. haha

To be fair though, zombies do actually appear in one of the specialist story simulations along with the ray gun, and as limited as it is that story is connected to WaW-BO3 as well as Blackout.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
3 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

To be fair though, zombies do actually appear in one of the specialist story simulations along with the ray gun, and as limited as it is that story is connected to WaW-BO3 as well as Blackout.

You mean in those videos in 4?

If so, I am afraid I never checked them out. So I would not know.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, anonymous said:

Mattzs, glad to see you again mate! And it appears that you have the same wonderful theoretically insight in the story as back then. As for electricity, I have hardly any knowledge and experience concerning that field of physics, but I beloeve we do know the 115th element has highly electromagnetic properties. These are those properties which govern the rate at which a material will respond to absorption or emission of electromagnetic radiations. Examples of electromagnetic radiations with which we might be familiar are radio waves, micro waves, ultraviolet rays, infrared rays and visible light rays, which perfectly fits with the stuff I said about 'Life Force' being electromagnetic in origin. 

 

The brain and nervous system of a zombie being infected with 115 might absorb more radiation or something. The 115 forms the bridge with the Aether. With the Avogadro, it almost seems like they 'took away' the physical form, leaving the Aether-connected nervous system over or something. But yeah, you're spot on electromagnetism, galvanism, Earths magnetic field and Life Force can very well be connected. Its not without a reason that we constant encounter great sciencific minds in the electricity like Tesla, Faraday and Avogadro.

 

Your note of galvanism reminds me of the galvaknuckles. It seems like, along with the Electro-traps, a high voltage of electricity is able of kill a zombie somehow...

 

EDIT: Connecting Broken Arrow with the creation of Corvus would require an entire theory/thread. I like that thought

Thank you, appreciate it. Good to see you, @RadZakpak, and @Lenne holding down the fort! Happy to be home!

 

Haha,physics isn't my specialty either. I was thinking more along the lines of galvanism as the pseudoscience, like Frankenstein's Monster and such. Treyarch zombies seem to have taken that route rather than the standard virus/parasite/pathogen that usual zombie stories go. 

 

I feel the same about Avogadro. Maybe his body was teleported elsewhere and anchored in the Aether, leaving his nervous system as the new shell. That or it is a modified/scifi-like astral projection.

 

Yeah, Corvus is essentially the summation of alpha omega (A.I., Transferring of consciousnesses, Nova 6). Plus, I think Corvus was directly related to Mk Ultra.  Seems really weird to not be related.

 

Edit 1- Forgot to mention, mesmerism is another pseudoscience that probably inspired Zombies. 

 

Edit 2- Sorry, another update. Iirc, T.E.D.D. specifically mentions HAARP in Tranzit. And, the warden’s soul draining key in BotD features an electrical aesthetic (Because the Mobster's charged it in Motd?)

 

Edit 3- I need to stop- The electric chairs from MotD and Botd could be transferring consciousness too.

Nazis were also held beliefs about forces like leylines.

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Is that still up to debate? I mean we literally had zombies in BO 4 3 campaign.

 

Nice to see you again @Mattzs.

Sorry for the confusion haha. Should have been more clear.

I know there is a connection, but never could figure out if or to what degree it is canon.

 

The Black Ops terminals and Black Ops 3 make it appear to be so. Yet, Multiplayer (Bo3/Bo4) and Blackout is supposedly a part of the Campaign universe. And that features character's like The Replacer. Not to mention the Chaos connections and The Chaos-Aether crossover multiplayer map (Hope it is true).

Lastly, there is Nightmares lol.

 

 

Edited by Mattzs

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

To add to the discussion of Electricity and life, there's also Maxis' soul becoming a part of Griffin Station after he shot himself, an ability he apparently learned while in the Crazy Place. Then once he sends the rockets to Earth, he has the ability to reach out, presumably using the MPD, to Earth's electronics and speak to survivors. In the TranZit easter egg he has you turning the power back off after releasing "Him" since he says an active power grid will disrupt communications.

 

Also I don't know if it has been mentioned here but I believe it was a thread by Anon, or at least linked by Anon that described how the EMPs actually work on Zombies in TranZit, as they sever the link between the undead and the Aether.

 

In addition, there are connections that can be drawn between HAARP, Nacht der Untoten, and Tesla's research which I documented a bit here that may be related: 

 

I know absolutely nothing about physics and its relation to Zombie so I usually sit these discussions out. It is undeniable to even me however how often we see electricity and its connection with life force and the Aether.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

Hmm, so looking up 'mesmerism' @Mattzs , also known as Animal Magnetism, is about passing over an electromagnetical energy current via a person's Aura to the person itself, healing him/her. 

 

About Auras (a pseudosciencific explanation): Solid looking matter is made up of pure energy which is vibrating at a specific frequency which gives matter properties like shape, size, texture etc. These solid looking objects like a pen, book and even the molecules, atoms and cells in our bodies for that matter are actually made up of vibratory energy particles like electron, protons , neutrons and further more tiny particles. So when these particles vibrate in their nucleus, a small electrical impulse is generated in our body and according to the famous law of physics “When there is a electrical field around a body, a magnetic field gets developed automatically”. So the tiny electrical impulses in our body results into the formation of a magnetic field around our body which is actually know as the Aura- electromagnetic field of the body. The Aura is a person's electromagnetic field! Since everything in this universe is made up of the same constituent particles electron, protons, neutrons etc that means everything has an Aura.  And if we keep on expanding these so called elementary particles we reach a point where we find nothing but pure energy vibrating at the very essence of these solid looking objects. Everything in this physical universe is nothing but energy which connects to everything in the universe.

humanelectromagneticfield.jpg

So yeah this, along with mesmerism, is definately interesting matter, as an Aura is actually by some believed to be our Life Force. And back to the original topic, this can be affected/manipulated by Earth's magnetic field and Leylines, so our total energy is part of a wider field. What I find odd though, is that the undead also still seem to have this Life Field, as the Aether occupant is able to control it and upon killing them, in cases like charging the MPD, the Apothican Eggs, the Origins Chests, etc, they still hold Life Force. So does an Aura and thus a soul remain in a body after dying?

 

 

Anout the EMP, or Electromagnetic Pulse, this basically creates an explosion of electromagnetic noise that blocks radio waves and fries circuitry. So as long as the pulse is active, the controller cannot communicate, as the frequencies are all blocked by radio noise. When throwing an EMP near the magic box, the box closes. When throwing an EMP near a Perk-a-Cola machine, the machine will temporary not work. When throwing an EMP near a group of zombies, the light in the eyes of them will vanish and the zombies become passive. All because the EMP has temporary severed the connection between Aether/115 and the concerning object or subject. But this is also proof that zombies are revitalised by 115 due to its electromagnetic properties. Also, our buddy Nabrzhunter noted the similarity in response the mystery box has to the EMP. The EMP interrupts the signal from the MPD, locking the controller out of his Aethereal access to that area, so he can no longer 'insert' weapons or objects into that time via the portal known as the mystery box due to that disconnect. Note that the box is still there, the same way the guns you have previously purchased are still there because they have already been completely manifested and are now physical and out of the reach of the controller. However, the guns remain guns and the box remains nothing but a box.

 

I believe Black Ops II entirely revolved around this subject, wheras Victis had to activate so-called Global Polarization Devices. Polarization in electromagnetism refers to the way how the electrical fieldvector vibrates, though my knowledge lacks any more understanding of that subject. The most important thing is that once the Towers are activated, it seems like either Richthofen or Maxis controls the planets magnetic field or something, enabling them to either 'mend the Rift', or using its energy. 

 

@RadZakpak Good reminder about Maxis contacting survivors only through electric devices. It could be very possible that he uses the MPD as some kind of broadcast antenna or something, but that leaves the question: Why can't Richthofen do this? He only seems to be able to communicate via 115.

 

Concerning Corvus, that what you said pretty much convinced me that it is tied with Broken Arrow and the main story. It could taking place in another fracture or something, or the universe it takes place in itself is a creation of Broken Arrow. It is multiple times mentioned that the organization is about 'opening new worlds'. Could the 'Corvus Universe' be some kind of Test World created by Broken Arrow, where they did experiments revolving AI, transfer of consiousness and Nova-6? Seems a bit far off but it is interesting enough for me to look into that matter later. Good point!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

Okay so thinking about the undead living actually makes sense. As I've said in prior comment, all matter contains vibrating particles, which generate an electric pulse which forms a magnetic field. In Buried Maxis even says that all matter contains energy. So its not important if it is a living or dead body. Hell, even a rock has an aura. Thing about a rock, or any object, is that it has no muscles to physically move. A dead body has, thats why zombies are able to exist. And rezurrecting this electromagnetic field, almost in a way like marionette dolls, also rezurrect this deceased's brain, and thus its soul. However, it is neurologically enslaved to the Controller, resulting in the lyrics of 'the One'. A zombie has an everlasting desire for human flesh (which is given by the Controller), though it wishes someone kills him to end his suffering.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/18/2019 at 5:42 AM, anonymous said:

Hmm, so looking up 'mesmerism' @Mattzs , also known as Animal Magnetism, is about passing over an electromagnetical energy current via a person's Aura to the person itself, healing him/her. 

 

About Auras (a pseudosciencific explanation): Solid looking matter is made up of pure energy which is vibrating at a specific frequency which gives matter properties like shape, size, texture etc. These solid looking objects like a pen, book and even the molecules, atoms and cells in our bodies for that matter are actually made up of vibratory energy particles like electron, protons , neutrons and further more tiny particles. So when these particles vibrate in their nucleus, a small electrical impulse is generated in our body and according to the famous law of physics “When there is a electrical field around a body, a magnetic field gets developed automatically”. So the tiny electrical impulses in our body results into the formation of a magnetic field around our body which is actually know as the Aura- electromagnetic field of the body. The Aura is a person's electromagnetic field! Since everything in this universe is made up of the same constituent particles electron, protons, neutrons etc that means everything has an Aura.  And if we keep on expanding these so called elementary particles we reach a point where we find nothing but pure energy vibrating at the very essence of these solid looking objects. Everything in this physical universe is nothing but energy which connects to everything in the universe.

humanelectromagneticfield.jpg

So yeah this, along with mesmerism, is definately interesting matter, as an Aura is actually by some believed to be our Life Force. And back to the original topic, this can be affected/manipulated by Earth's magnetic field and Leylines, so our total energy is part of a wider field. What I find odd though, is that the undead also still seem to have this Life Field, as the Aether occupant is able to control it and upon killing them, in cases like charging the MPD, the Apothican Eggs, the Origins Chests, etc, they still hold Life Force. So does an Aura and thus a soul remain in a body after dying?

 

 

Anout the EMP, or Electromagnetic Pulse, this basically creates an explosion of electromagnetic noise that blocks radio waves and fries circuitry. So as long as the pulse is active, the controller cannot communicate, as the frequencies are all blocked by radio noise. When throwing an EMP near the magic box, the box closes. When throwing an EMP near a Perk-a-Cola machine, the machine will temporary not work. When throwing an EMP near a group of zombies, the light in the eyes of them will vanish and the zombies become passive. All because the EMP has temporary severed the connection between Aether/115 and the concerning object or subject. But this is also proof that zombies are revitalised by 115 due to its electromagnetic properties. Also, our buddy Nabrzhunter noted the similarity in response the mystery box has to the EMP. The EMP interrupts the signal from the MPD, locking the controller out of his Aethereal access to that area, so he can no longer 'insert' weapons or objects into that time via the portal known as the mystery box due to that disconnect. Note that the box is still there, the same way the guns you have previously purchased are still there because they have already been completely manifested and are now physical and out of the reach of the controller. However, the guns remain guns and the box remains nothing but a box.

 

I believe Black Ops II entirely revolved around this subject, wheras Victis had to activate so-called Global Polarization Devices. Polarization in electromagnetism refers to the way how the electrical fieldvector vibrates, though my knowledge lacks any more understanding of that subject. The most important thing is that once the Towers are activated, it seems like either Richthofen or Maxis controls the planets magnetic field or something, enabling them to either 'mend the Rift', or using its energy. 

 

@RadZakpak Good reminder about Maxis contacting survivors only through electric devices. It could be very possible that he uses the MPD as some kind of broadcast antenna or something, but that leaves the question: Why can't Richthofen do this? He only seems to be able to communicate via 115.

 

Concerning Corvus, that what you said pretty much convinced me that it is tied with Broken Arrow and the main story. It could taking place in another fracture or something, or the universe it takes place in itself is a creation of Broken Arrow. It is multiple times mentioned that the organization is about 'opening new worlds'. Could the 'Corvus Universe' be some kind of Test World created by Broken Arrow, where they did experiments revolving AI, transfer of consiousness and Nova-6? Seems a bit far off but it is interesting enough for me to look into that matter later. Good point!

 

 

That is funny. As began reading your post, I was about to comment “just like Chakras”. I should look into whether or not Mesmer was influenced (to some extent) by eastern philosophy and religious belief.

 

Back to your question-

 

Maybe 115 brings the soul back too? The Alpha Omega Radios say Peter was resurrected from death, right? I am guessing Peter, like Ultimis/Primis, may have some high tolerance for 115. Thus, explaining why he wasn’t turned into a zombie. Or, maybe the elemental shard is meant to resurrect the dead without creating undead.

 

I also think it depends on how the series conceptualizes the soul. Is it just electromagnetic energy (Like mentioned earlier)? Is there a more spiritual element? If it is the former, I imagine it would be like recharging a battery. The soul may never leave.

 

I tend to lean towards there is more to the soul in Zombies, but there really isn’t a definitive answer.

 

Also, @RadZakpak good point about Maxis. That is like the best example of the electromagnetism of the soul. It puts Sophia and the Maxis Drone into more context.

 

You got me thinking. Monty mentions Maxis not having a soul and Primis lost their souls in Bo3. They were still able to walk, talk, and think.  So that must mean there is more to the soul or Auras and Souls are different. It could also be that as long as the soul exists somewhere, all counterparts will be unaffected? 

 

One more thing @anonymous. You just made me realize that the Corvus-World link could explain “the forest” and why it shows up in Bo3. That also is a convenient place to have a "memories" trailer.

Edit- this could account for Blackout too; If all these characters are being resurrected. Although I do think Richtofen says in his Blackout quotes that 115 might not be involved.

 

Edited by Mattzs

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

Whoa, there's a lot here I need to catch up on, but from the earlier posts discussing galvanism and the potential 115 has for interfering with the nervous system were fascinating. A few bullet point theories come to mind:

 

1. It seems to me that 115 overloads the sensory neurons of living test subjects, and when properly calibrated, can actually dull pain receptors while increasing the rate of healing, with memory loss as a side effect due in part to misfiring neurons and in part to deprivation of sensory input, because with a loss of pain comes a loss of sensory pleasure as well. Without pleasure or pain serving as mental milemarkers, nostalgia decreases, and previously programmed memories are not as easily re-minded. Bodily functions continue due to the depth of programming (45 years of walking, talking, and taking shits is harder to override than memories of loved ones and life back home). On a related note, perhaps this is why Richtofen is so sexually disordered, being a borderline necrophiliac and whatever you would call someone who is turned on by non-sexual inanimate objects like guns and tools. LOL!

 

2. In the case of a corpse, the 115 re-loads the central nervous system, but the neurons have already broken down and can no longer be re-synced with the occupying life force. It seems to me that neurons are that messenger between a conscious nervous system and ones' life force.

This would explain why Dr. Lehman's use of gaseous 115 (presumably Nova 6) was effective in creating a controllable zombie, as the test subject was alive at the time of the dosing, and after death, reanimation followed immediately, effectively stabilizing decomposition and maintaining the neural activity.

This would also explain why the APD and MPD are capable of controlling zombified beings, essentially bridging the gap between a consciousness (the controller) and the rogue nervous system (the zombie). Furthermore, this explains why controlled zombies never stop to eat their prey: it's the controller who actually selects and pursues the targets via the zombies. The controller is "rational," not animalistic and uncontrolled. 
Taking this crazy theory even further, it explains why killing zombies gives the controller more power. Think of the controller as a single programmer with a command line interface, but limited processing power. The controller programs the shattered neural systems to follow her will, essentially to "run her program" (kill Richtofen and his minions), and she can do so in bulk. As zombies die, that frees up processing power for her to reallocate to new zombie targets. Once the program is installed and running within the hijacked neural system, however, each zombie becomes a signal repeater which can multicast the program to more targets using electromagnetic radiation emanating from the overloaded neurons. This explains why outbreaks are local, and zombies spawn ahead of you and around you as you run. The zombies pursuing you are radio transmitters.

 

Fuckin creepy if I say so myself. Back to work now. LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

@NaBrZHunter Can't you teach the study Zombiology at my university or something?

 

There is a genuine logic behind the fact that neurons being the messenger between a nervous system and Life Force,  as they work electrical (the ratio potassium/sodium ions generates this). So yeah, when there is electriciy, there is a magnetic field: Our Aura or Chakra, like @Mattzs said. However, I am unsure about what Element 115 really does. If it is inhauled through the lungs, gas exchange happens via the pulmonary alveolus and involves the uptake of 115 in the blood first. Via blood, it could arrive and infect pretty much all body tissues. It can move through the Blood-Brain Barrier and infects the brain as well. However, I don't fully get how it can influence our Aura from there and makes the dead 'radio messengers' or 'electromagnetic marionnettes'.

 

Concerning the soul, 'Life Force' can only exist if there is a magnetic field, ergo, if there is physical matter. Maxis' soul in Griffin Station and the Afterlife in Mob proves that a soul can exist without matter. I wonder, how does this work? Does the Life Force of a passed away person survive in an physical environment? Is it like some kind of scarf in the electromagnetic field? Matter contains energy, but that energy is maintained or converted after the matter is gone. 

Quote

Sawyer: I am not, and I repeat, not letting you kill soldiers to harvest their souls.

Pernell: We prefer the term... life force, actually.

Sawyer: Call it whatever the hell you want. We're not Group 935. 

I think Life Force can only exist when there is matter, but the soul somehow keeps existing

Share this post


Link to post

I do think that there must be some difference between the material body, its aura, and soul. Primis have lost their souls and Monty said Maxis did not have a soul. Yet they all continue to operate with a life-force. So, idk ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
7 hours ago, Mattzs said:

I do think that there must be some difference between the material body, its aura, and soul. Primis have lost their souls and Monty said Maxis did not have a soul. Yet they all continue to operate with a life-force. So, idk ?  

Similarly, if Richtofen’s soul is in the House, how was Ultimis Richtofen able to transfer his “soul” from the zombie body to his old body before the Classified cutscene?

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

Similarly, if Richtofen’s soul is in the House, how was Ultimis Richtofen able to transfer his “soul” from the zombie body to his old body before the Classified cutscene?

Another good point. Unless he transferred his aura? I'm thankful AO acknowledges the issue of whether or not au counterparts share a soul. While, there isn't a clear answer, at least it seems to not  be forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mattzs said:

Another good point. Unless he transferred his aura? I'm thankful AO acknowledges the issue of whether or not au counterparts share a soul. While, there isn't a clear answer, at least it seems to not  be forgotten.

I think at some point also one of the characters in AO mentions how you shouldn’t get too close to your counterpart as it could be dangerous. I’m curious if it is because of this “aura”?

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator

That is weird indeed. First, I think this one has nothing to do with 115: the same person just shouldn't be twice in the same universe.

 

Someone's 'Aura' is generated magnetically by its electric neuron system, so it'd be weird if one could simply transfer it. However, we do see something similar at devices collecting Life Force like the Apothican Eggs and MPD canisters. So this possibility should remain in the picture: Perhaps with the right technology, the magnetic field just echoes through space to another object/subject.

 

It is said that Primis (except Nikolai) is now soulless, but I wonder how it works with Ultimis Richthofen. His soul is the only one that couldn't be harvested from the Ultimis Universe. We got Maxis trapping him inside a zombie after Buried, but I am uncertain what 'that' is. Whether it is soul or life force, it seems powerful enough to jump from zombie body to zombie body. Zombies still have life force theirselves, so something different?  I dont get that entire soul thing, and how people can just live without one.

Share this post


Link to post
Moderator
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

That is weird indeed. First, I think this one has nothing to do with 115: the same person just shouldn't be twice in the same universe.

 

Someone's 'Aura' is generated magnetically by its electric neuron system, so it'd be weird if one could simply transfer it. However, we do see something similar at devices collecting Life Force like the Apothican Eggs and MPD canisters. So this possibility should remain in the picture: Perhaps with the right technology, the magnetic field just echoes through space to another object/subject.

 

It is said that Primis (except Nikolai) is now soulless, but I wonder how it works with Ultimis Richthofen. His soul is the only one that couldn't be harvested from the Ultimis Universe. We got Maxis trapping him inside a zombie after Buried, but I am uncertain what 'that' is. Whether it is soul or life force, it seems powerful enough to jump from zombie body to zombie body. Zombies still have life force theirselves, so something different?  I dont get that entire soul thing, and how people can just live without one.

Richtofen's eternal soul was collected from Dimension 2210 between Origins and The Giant, so by all accounts, all Richtofens should be soulless if we are following the rules. All this leads me to believe there are two, maybe three components to make a living being:

 

1. The Eternal Soul: Only seems to be collectible from one particular version at any time, and once it is collected, memories from all other versions start to bleed through to each other. As long as the Eternal Soul is present in the House, Dr. Monty can wipe away all other versions of that being.

 

2. The Soul/Aura: What makes each being special. While Richtofen can be soulless, his eternal soul stored in the house, there is still a special "Aura" present that makes him unique, and can be transferred between bodies. Richtofen has gone from his own body, to Samantha, to several Zombie bodies, and back to his own body. The Aura may actually look, outside the body, like the ghosts of Alcatraz.

 

3. Life Force: This may potentially be the same as the Soul/Aura, because for example, Zombies in Die Rise seem to be screaming out in terror, as if some part of their original "Aura" is there. However, I also point to Richtofen's empty body, which Pernell notes has "no brain activity", but is still very much alive. There is no eternal soul or aura present, but something is keeping it alive. This may also be what is collected in canisters, and what is given to ADAMs by the Elemental Shard.

Share this post


Link to post

I know it is a lot of text, but I think it is an interesting read. Edward Bulwer-Lytton, the author of The Coming Race, was definitely familiar with occult philosophies. When discussing his inspirations for the Vril, Lytton Stated 
  " I did not mean Vril for mesmerism, but for electricity, developed into uses as yet only dimly guessed, and including whatever there may be genuine in mesmerism, which I hold to be a mere branch current of the one great fluid pervading all nature. I am by no means, however, wedded to Vril, if you can suggest anything else to carry out this meaning namely, that the coming race, though akin to us, has nevertheless acquired by hereditary transmission, etc., certain distinctions which make it a different species, and contains powers which we could not attain to through a slow growth of time; so that this race would not amalgamate with, but destroy us. [...]
Now, as some bodies are charged with electricity like the torpedo or electric eel, and never can communicate that power to other bodies, so I suppose the existence of a race charged with that electricity and having acquired the art to concentre and direct it in a word, to be conductors of its lightnings. If you can suggest any other idea of carrying out that idea of a destroying race, I should be glad. Probably even the notion of Vril might be more cleared from mysticism or mesmerism by being simply defined to be electricity and conducted by those staves or rods, omitting all about mesmeric passes, etc. Perhaps, too, it would be safe to omit all reference to the communication with the dead"

 

  (Can you do Block Quotes with the forum posting tool? Idk, I can never get these down)

 

While it does seem like Lytton took his own liberties with the concept, there is no doubt a connection.

 

https://archive.org/details/lifeofedwardbulw00lyttuoft/page/466

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril

 

 

@RadZakpak

Mind, Body, Soul, Energy- It has to be structured similar to what you put forth. The concept of the soul being separate from one's life force and personality does have a foundation in myth.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_concept_of_the_soul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidolon_(apparition)  - I think the ghosts in the Odyssey and Aeneid are the actual "souls" and the eidolon (in one interpretation), is an echo of that "soul".

Edited by Mattzs

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Call of Duty Zombies

Call of Duty Zombies is a fan-managed gaming community centered around the popular Call of Duty franchise with central focus on the Zombies mode. Created in 2009, CoDZ is the ultimate platform for discussing Zombies theories, strategies, and connecting players.

Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Black Ops titles, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare titles, Call of Duty: WWII are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.

We are not affiliated with Activision nor its developers Treyarch, Sledgehammer, or Infinity Ward.

Partners & Affiliates

Interested in becoming an affiliate/partner or looking for business opportunities? Shoot us an email at [email protected] to join the CODZ family. While you're here, show our partners some love!

Social

Discord Join
Twitter Follow
Youtube Subscribe
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .