Eclipse DLC: New GobbleGum Flavours

With the new Eclipse DLC we have been brought 4 brand new GobbleGum flavours awaiting us in Dr. Monty's Factory. Here are their names and uses, as well as how they are activated and how long they will last for.

Unbearable: Mega - Auto-activates when a teddy bear appears in the magic box. Magic box re-spins automatially. Magic box will not move for several uses.

unbearable.png

Fear in Headlights: Mega Rare - Zombies seen by players will not move [Activated (1x Activation, 2 minutes)]

fearinheadlights.png

Temporal Gift:  Rare Mega - Power ups last longer [Activates Immediately (Lasts 1 full round)]

temporalgift.png

Secret Shopper: Ultra-Rare Mega - Any wall-buy can be used to buy ammo for any gun [Activates immediately (Lasts 10 minutes)]

secretshopper.png

• Like 2

The only one that sounds appealing to me is the Secret Shopper gumball, and even then only if it works on the Wonder Weapon/Special weapon as it would be a good gobblegum for high round runs. Otherwise I probably wouldn't use it. The other ones are not really gumballs I would prioritize using to be honest as I mainly play solo and they all seem more co-op orientated.

Heard there is no new perks in the map from the off-set. That is also a shame if true but I would not rule out the EE reward maybe being a new perk unlock. Doubt it but you never know.

Temporal Gift sounds like a decent co-op gobblegum if used in conjunction with other gobblegum. If one player was to run Kill Joy (2 insta kill drops) and another player Dead of Nuclear Winter (2 nuke drops) it could be useful for team camping, even without wonder weapons.

I'm hoping that Secret Shopper won't work on the wonder weapons as on SOE and Der Eisendrache you could camp by most wall buys with the ww and keep refilling ammo whilst periodically hitting the gg machine for another.

Fear In Headlights could be really useful co-op for reviving teammates. It isn't auto-activated, so could be kept for when a player is down.

Temporal gift... only in combination with firesale usefull? Maybe with insta in low rounds to get points... unbearable... dont know why they add this? I never use the other gg which allows you to use the box agaik either... what others think about that? Will it keep the fire sale drop out of the circle?

Fear the headlight sounds fun .. maybe a real lifesafer sometimes - hope it doesnt work on any boss..

Secret shopper: i truly hope this doesnt work like the discription.... any gun means any gun but i hope they mean any other wall gun... it must be rare like killing time or perkaholic... but it sounds much op in combination with alchemical

1 minute ago, Nieno69 said:

Temporal gift... only in combination with firesale usefull? Maybe with insta in low rounds to get points... unbearable... dont know why they add this? I never use the other gg which allows you to use the box agaik either... what others think about that? Will it keep the fire sale drop out of the circle?

If you have only 1 Firesale than sure, but if you have the Firesale GobbleGum, they stack together already, so if you pop all 3, you'll have it going for 1:30. It would honestly work well with Double Points on low rounds or Insta-kill on high rounds. Death Machine it's not really worth it unless you're camping. And I don't think or know if it would even work with Carpenter's, Nuke's and Max Ammo's.
Regarding stopping the Firesale drops from being added to the cycle, I have a feeling it won't stop it, but it's just one of those we won't know for a little while.

I'm actually really liking these gums. The last batch was okay, but this one is even better.

Secret shopper sounds overpowered, but we'll see. Hopefully it only applies for wallbuys. Or non-packed weapons. 
Fear in Headlights. I can't really think of any moment it would be useful to the extend of using this gumball over another.
Unbearable... the name made me giggle. Hopefully it comes with a random tune, like the firesale song or something.
Temporal gift. They last longer after picking them up right? It would be nice if it took longer for the drops to de-spawn instead?  

I don't think my gumball pack will change. I do appreciate the effort of designing new ones however. 

I'll share my thoughts on these. 

Unbearable actually sounds quite reasonable gobblegum. It's not overpowered, but still it might be useful if you want to keep the box on a certain easy location. The only question is does this activate if another player buys the teddy bear?

Fear In Headlights another gum that's useful (maybe it helps too much?). Does the zombies stay where they are only when players are looking at them or do they stay even after the player looks away?

Temporal Gift well... this sounds a bit meh... useful yeah but then again how much longer the power-ups stay active and so on...

Secret Shopper well if this means you can buy ammo for the box and wonder weapons then this is way too overpowered. If it's just for the wall guns then it's okay.

• 5 weeks later...