Black Ops 3 Achievements Revealed

I didn't mean you should clarify I meant one of the moderators. It's not just the leaked into or achievements I believe all the aw achievements and ending cutscenes were pinned directly to the posts and discussed openly. I know there was far less interest in aw but if the rule is going to apply then it should apply across the board to make it easier for users to adhere to.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah right... 

Boom clearly edits the post to say: "Spoilers!"

The first thing that is posted afterwards: "Really happy to see DOA return."

With all due respect, if the thread is an achievement thread then every comment posted would require being in spoiler tabs as any discussion within the thread would be regarding the achievements so ideally if you didn't want to know about certain things it would be wise to avoid the thread completely. You would find it very difficult not to press on a spoiler tab sometimes anyway.

With regards to the no leak policy in place, we have already said on several occasions now that if any major affiliate of Activision is openly discussing this then we are too. The achievements have been discussed by said affiliates now so pretty much everywhere outside of this site is well aware of Dead Ops returning so in all fairness this is not really a debate we should be having. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube... it's rife with spoilers for these achievements. I cannot see how these things are now considered leaks?

I still strongly disagree with allowing discussions or postings on stuff like leaked images, loading screens, map details and other stuff that is obviously sensitive but the achievements for every single game that comes out on console always get leaked early and it was no different with the BO2 achievements so really, this shouldn't be the big deal that some think it is.

Hey DBZ, this is a temp account cuz i forgot my password(s) , Ill let you know who i am if you cant figure it out allready...played with zombiefaces and you a bit in BO2 days, even completed Origins EE with you two....I'm the Purist.

Anywhoo, what system are you gonna be playing BO3 on?  It is obvious now that 360 is a crap way to experience only part of zombies...so thats a no go for me now....I still havent purchased a system yet, I think I would rather Xbone, but the time exclusive DLC for PS4 is very enticing...cant make up my mind...maybe knowing what you and or the other old faces wil be using will help sway my decision....thanx....

Hey DBZ, this is a temp account cuz i forgot my password(s) , Ill let you know who i am if you cant figure it out allready...played with zombiefaces and you a bit in BO2 days, even completed Origins EE with you two....I'm the Purist.

Anywhoo, what system are you gonna be playing BO3 on?  It is obvious now that 360 is a crap way to experience only part of zombies...so thats a no go for me now....I still havent purchased a system yet, I think I would rather Xbone, but the time exclusive DLC for PS4 is very enticing...cant make up my mind...maybe knowing what you and or the other old faces wil be using will help sway my decision....thanx....

I will be on Xbox One mate. Not sure about Adam but I know a lot of the regulars I run with will also be on X1 irregardless of DLC exclusively on PS4 or not.

• Moderators

@DeathBringerZen Come on now: I've explained myself like 5 times now.

I feel like you only did read that particular part of the one post I made. 

Correct me if I am wrong though.

I just simply don't understand what is so bad about puting info about at least the hidden trophy in a spoiler tab.

And like I already said what about Mocking's thread? (Which he at least said he made a mistake though.)

About the leak policy. Could you (and by you I mean the staff in general) just post a thread about what is allowed and what not, cause there hasn't been an official announcement as far as I know.

I just simply don't understand what is so bad about puting info about at least the hidden trophy in a spoiler tab.

Because as I mention above, any reply to that particular achievement would also require spoiler tabs and pretty much the majority of the discussion would be censored, and let's face it... you would have to be literally living under a rock not to hear about Dead Ops 2, whether it be from another social media outlet or from another member in chat or over Skype so what you are asking for seems reasonable from the offset but is irrelevant in reality. When I say irrelevant, I mean because you would hear about it regardless of a tab or not.

As for the assumption that I did not fully read the thread, I can assure you I read all of it and picked out your particular quote for the reasons listed above. As for a leaks policy thread, I assumed we had already made it known but I am sure we can arrange it, but it will be short...

'If known Activision affiliates, ie: CharlieINTEL, Liam, Milo or major Youtubers are discussing it openly then so are we. If it is obviously sensitive information or content that has been illegally obtained or leaked and is not being discussed by the aforementioned channels then it will be removed.'

I didn't think this was worth creating a new topic for, but last-gen achievements have been released.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-3/achievements/

Hidden Content

Yes, that was very interesting about the lack of DOA 2. Some crazy achievements here that aren't in the current-gen achievement/trophy list either. Especially that "Pack-a-Punch by Round 1" one that is worth 90G

The wording for the pack a punch achievement is complete the ritual during wave 1. The word round is used for other achievements so this would suggest that it is not by round 1 but maybe during one of the boss round waves? And if pack a punch involves one of the rituals then it may be something we can't access straight away or just by buying doors.

@Nightmare Voyager @DaveLo07 @Spiderx3000

Thanks guys for putting these in spoiler tabs. :)

And hey: It doesn't even look that bad now, does it? :P

I get why we are doing it if its these achievements since these aren't in the main post but you still shouldn't click the post if you don't want to see the achievements, this got out of hand when it shouldn't have.

Hidden Content

Yes, you are more than likely correct. Still weird seeing how many gamerscore is going for these achievements, but they have to given the lack of a campaign and all.

The achievement is called "Packing Early" though, so it's still gonna be early on in the game. I'm thinking this could mean that these rituals take place every five or so rounds?

Edited by Spiderx3000

@Spiderx3000 I assume like boss rounds in the past we will get a wave before round 8 but I wonder if it will be mid round rather than it's own specific round? Wave seems a strange term for them to use but I would guess it refers to the parasites. I'm wondering if these rituals can be done at any time or whether they can only be done during the waves?

It will be interesting to see how these affect pack-a-punch. Obviously you will be able to do the rituals alone in a solo game, but will they require more than one player on co-op? If so, we are back to the moon situation where pack-a-punch may require some co-operation to access.

I agree it doesn't look that bad but my point is that even with the tabs, this info is going to be everywhere very quickly and people will hear about it either way. Users will mention it in other threads or in chat inadvertently. Some things are just hard to shy away from unless you choose to go off the grid, which most won't.

In an ideal world it would be good to avoid spoilers but it's near impossible these days. It will be even more disappointing if it turns out DOA2 is an unlockable mode as all surprise will be lost.

• Moderators

I agree it doesn't look that bad but my point is that even with the tabs, this info is going to be everywhere very quickly and people will hear about it either way. Users will mention it in other threads or in chat inadvertently. Some things are just hard to shy away from unless you choose to go off the grid, which most won't.

In an ideal world it would be good to avoid spoilers but it's near impossible these days. It will be even more disappointing if it turns out DOA2 is an unlockable mode as all surprise will be lost.

We can at least make an effort to be spoiler free, can't we?

I didn't read anything spoiler-ish apart from this thread (Which like I already said is my own fault for having too much faith) and Mockings thread.

I doubt that it is hard to keep the discussion about these things that can be spoiler related in one thread.

And even on Youtube: Liam and Waffles never put any of the trophies in the title of their videos, you know?

It is hard to be spoiler free obviously, but not impossible.

And for the record: I don't want any of you to be censored or anything. But putting things in a spoiler tab is very far away from censoring something, in my opinion.

I meant use spoiler tags in other threads if you are talking about these spoilers I dunno why you would click this not expecting to be spoiled 

also no DOA 2 because there's no campaign which means no terminal to unlock it 

Yes, that's true, but does that really mean they can't include it in the game at all? Even in the Zombies menu?

I didn't read anything spoiler-ish apart from this thread (Which like I already said is my own fault for having too much faith) and Mockings thread.

I doubt that it is hard to keep the discussion about these things that can be spoiler related in one thread.

And even on Youtube: Liam and Waffles never put any of the trophies in the title of their videos, you know?

And for the record: I don't want any of you to be censored or anything. But putting things in a spoiler tab is very far away from censoring something, in my opinion.

I don't think your making that much sense, the glaringly obvious thing here is why are you on this post if you don't want spoilers? Like here we should be allowed to discuss freely but any other post spoiler tabs should be used and if they aren't the message should be deleted.

I don't think your making that much sense, the glaringly obvious thing here is why are you on this post if you don't want spoilers? Like here we should be allowed to discuss freely but any other post spoiler tabs should be used and if they aren't the message should be deleted.

Because someone may want to check out / talk about the achievements without getting spoiled? Since the actual site hides the hidden achievement, it only makes sense that you would subsequently use a spoiler tab when discussing said achievement.

It's no rocket science.

Because someone may want to check out / talk about the achievements without getting spoiled? Since the actual site hides the hidden achievement, it only makes sense that you would subsequently use a spoiler tab when discussing said achievement.

Hidden Content

How are you meant to talk about something you don't want to know about? That made no sense at all.