Shadows of Evil Theme Park Ride

Well, this is certainly one of the more bizarre Zombie announcements we've gotten so far. http://charlieintel.com/2015/09/20/black-ops-3-zombies-shadow-of-evil-gets-its-own-theme-park-ride-at-six-flags/  I knew they were going all out with Zombies this year, but I never would've expected this. EDIT: I'm guessing what they did at SDCC was testing the waters for this.

Edited by Spiderx3000
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just why? I think this is a waste of money they could be using to make stuff like merchandise or something. Who cares about a ride that barely anyone can or wants to go too? I mean yeah people who can go might like it and it might be good but not everyone is going to get to go to it and then its like they missed out, its not cheap either is it? Like having an attraction, I would have thought it costs a bit of money.

It's definitely a distant marketing move on Treyarch's behalf, but considering that the studio is located in So Cal, I'm not all that surprised either.

But considering I only live an hour and a half away from Six Flags, I just might entice @Boom to come with. Wouldn't hurt, really.

Please do record some footage if you can. I bet there are a lot of curious people here who would love to see what it looks like.

So I came across this tweet. He says that the ride is "Terminator" just rebadged  

Hahahahaha. Thats why they did it, probably wasn't as expensive as I thought then. The part where it says "THE RIDE" is the same font they use in Terminator too, right?

Hope that's not all the decor they're doing. I mean, if you've ever been at Six Flags before, then you'll know most of the line area is fenced off because the rollercoaster's beams are all over the place. And there's very little room for decoration even at the loading platform.

They barely even tried. Like the walls in that picture are just the PS4 background, I have no idea what they are trying with this but it looks really cheap in my opinion. 

So I a did a bit more digging & here is some info from the Six Flags Website

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/festival/fright-fest-presented-by-snickers

Six Flags Magic Mountain will raise the dead to celebrate it's 23rd annual Fright Fest.

In addition to the world-class line-up of thrill rides, the theme park will be transformed into a haunted "scream park" for six frightfully fun weekends.  

Fright Fest offers 17 days of terrifying haunted mazes, roaming zombies, the scariest clowns on the planet and spooky shows ... leaving no tombstone unturned to bring the ultimate sensory overload for every range of fear.  For the little monsters, a Trick or Treat Trail and Halloween Crafts round out the activities during the daylight hours ... but once the clock hits 7:00p.m., the ghouls come out to haunt the park.

September 26, 27, October 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 23-25, 30, 31 and November 1.
Fright Fest activities not available on Monday, October 12.

Plan your Terror in advance. Check out our Fright Fest guide for times and attraction information.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/festival/fright-fest-presented-by-snickers#sthash.LoH6RQVA.dpuf

Six%20Flags%20Map%201_zpsz5kqkbcq.png

Six%20Flags%20Map%202_zpsoao3o7pw.png

https://frightfest.sixflags.com/magicmountain/frights/#galleryModal88

Shodows%20of%20Evil%20-%20The%20Ride_zps

http://www.californiacoasterkings.com/six-flags-magic-mountain-update-september-20th-2015/

20150920_152757-Large.jpg20150920_153059-Large.jpg20150920_152824-Large.jpg

The Ride is actually called "Apocalypse", not Terminator as I previously said.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/apocalypse

All wood, sent from the future.

Head into the bunker and get ready to launch into the front line of battle on this blazingly fast drive into sci-fi combat. Future war has turned the world into a bleak, burned out wasteland and you are living the aftermath. Apocalypse is the all-wooden roller coaster that rips through this ominous desert on an ultra-fast track. You’ve gotta ride like the wind to escape.

You made it past the security checkpoint and high tech monitors explaining your assignment. Now pile into the industrial cars and launch onto a track that is all wood and all muscle. Get ready to dodge explosive wrecks and maneuver some of the most insane drops and swift turns the future will ever produce.

The first hill is a blisteringly steep 100 feet. Alright, one down, four more kamikaze drops to go. You’ll pummel that track at a staggering 52 miles per hour, facing plummets, gut-wrenching swerves, and adventurous obstacles.

You won’t believe how fast this wooden brute runs as it takes a series of daredevil pivots and shoots through mist-filled tunnels – just in time for more total mayhem on the track. But hey, it’s all in a day’s work for a soldier from the future.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/apocalypse#sthash.mnD53S2u.dpuf

@InfestLithium & @Boom - You both gotta go & get some cheesy video of this. For CODZ!!

(P.S. Youtubers will make a Zombies video for anything....)

I am sorry but where it says "The Ride" it really bugs me that they used the same text and it isn't even matching the SoE title. From what the outside looks like the whole ride seems a bit tacky. Then again idk if Six Flags itself is tacky but I imagine it isn't.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Eh I thought it was pretty cool they did this.

Given the fact that BO3 comes out a week after Halloween, and that Fright Fest brings in crowds to Six Flags, I'm not surprised they did this. Plus the proximity of the park to their SoCal studio like Infest mentioned.

Don't really think it's financially worth it as far marketing strategy goes, but it's not my money to waste so who am I to make a fuss.

The only thing that really makes me mad is I don't live close enough to go ride roller coasters with Infest and Boom 

Edited by Shooter
  • Administrators

It's definitely a distant marketing move on Treyarch's behalf, but considering that the studio is located in So Cal, I'm not all that surprised either.

But considering I only live an hour and a half away from Six Flags, I just might entice @Boom to come with. Wouldn't hurt, really.

Is that all the further six flags is from us? I need to make a run.

• Administrators

@Boom @MixMasterNut I am totes down to do a get-together, haha. 

@Nightmare Voyager The font isn't the same because Six Flags wants to keep it showing "the ride" despite how ugly it looks. In general, the font for Apocalypse is terrible anyhow. And fun fact: the only reason it's called that is because they couldn't get the rights to keep using Terminator, so they slapped on "Apocalypse" and removed any reference to the Terminator movies in the ride.