Fallout 4 Trailer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks promising, shame it's not done by the guys behind New Vegas, but that was to be expected. NV was right up there with the classic Fallouts.

1371250459789.png

If they pull this shit again I'm so fucking done with Bethesda.

Yeah New Vegas was made by Obsidian which was previously Black Isle Studios that created Fallout. The Original story writer included.

The graphics aren't that good, which I don't care about, but that may speed up production. 

Maybe it's a continuous game like mine craft that constantly update's it's self over and over. We start in boston, but update after update we get more places, London, Tokyo, DLC-Paris, DLC- (new) Vegas.  

I'd personally be OK with that. 

Anyone know the general reaction to each Fallout 3 DLC when it was released? I just finished Point Lookout, which was interesting (but omg now I know why people shit on the PS3 GOTY edition. literally had to avoid the swamps so it wouldn't lag and than freeze). Mothership Zeta was awesome! Great DLC. Operation Anchorage was different and okay. But I didn't like not having energy based weapons. Really love the Gauss Rifle though. And I haven't started the last DLC, the Pitt one I think it's called.

But yeah just wondering the general reaction to each DLC in 3, and in NV if possible. Haven't played NV yet, but it'd still be interesting to find out the DLC reception. :)

@Rissole25

Opinions on the Fallout DLCs vary a lot. General consensus is that Broken Steel is the best one since it increases the level cap from 20 to 30, retcons the ending, and adds a bunch of new sidequests and monsters to the base game.

The Pitt was also really good. Operation Anchorage had nice weapons and armor, but I didn't care for the setting. Point Lookouts story was a joke and Zeta was arguably the worst DLC.

Fallout NV
Lonesome Road and Old World Blues are amazing. Honest Hearts was okay, Dead Money sucked.

And you're in for a treat with New Vegas. It's so much better than 3 on every front.

I liked most of New Vegas more, excpet that it felt too easy to me and a little too empty.

I feel like Bethsoft filled the Capitol Wasteland up with more stuff than Obsidian did to the mojave.

Invisible walls also.

The Mojave had a few (very few) invisible walls on some mountains and other areas, where as the Capitol Wasteland had no such thing.

I liked 3's environment better, and difficulty.

Plus the missions just felt like they had more substance to me.

I like most of the weapons, mechanics, and the idea of factions in New Vegas.

All in all, I would say NV was more fun, 3 was 'better' and more satisfying.

I never played clasic fallout, so this is someone who started with 3, and was a Bethsoft TES fan since Daggerfall. (I was too young for Arena)

Anyways, I'm super excited for 4. I hope Bethsoft takes pointers from NV, and ideally from Obsidian directly.

I look forward to the first 'next gen' Bethsoft game. I hope they do something fantastic, and don't dumb down like they have been doing to TES.

It's been slowly transitioning from RPG to sandbox action/adventure. The differences between the genres are subtle but enough to put me off.

Edited by MegaAfroMan

I was looking at this topic and I was confused for a second because people were saying NV but weren't talking about me XD I am such an idiot, I just haven;t heard it abbreviated. Is it confirmed to be next gen only by the way?

It'd be cool to like for instance: 

Vault 111's special horror is a process of extended animation. Those in the vault are the same as those who entered the vault years before. 

You play as a character (you) who was part of the world before and after the apocalypse. When one rests in an area (a separate option of sleeping which is meant to speed up the daytime cycle.) they appear as a memory of themselves in the world before doomsday. They can leave treasures in "Lock boxes" in their memories which they can then retrieve in the future to allow access to pre-war weaponry where Boston is the host of a battle before the nuclear attacks. The story always ends with you evacuating to vault 111 and the nukes begin, but what you do in the apocalypse is the main story. 

The pre-war is similar to the post-war setting, only instead of monsters, bandits, and mutants, there's typical average soldiers fighting against you. The pre-war weaponry is typically better and more expensive, however lock boxes don't always work as the components inside can wither away over time. Post war has it's advantages as well, with new drinks, some weapons better then pre-war ones, and a radiation cypher. Unlike previous installments, radiation here can be harnessed and released (as long as it's not consumed) to quickly mutate specific species for more resources. 

That's just how I would like it to work though... NONE of this is confirmed, just a concept. 

• 4 months later...