Future Zombies Treyarch Hints from DICE Chat

"The Giant is rising. Face the might of the Nazi Zombies in their heartland. This is where it all began. This is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?" ―Map Description

"Is this where it all ends?" Honestly, this map description is starting to make sense to me. The zombies story line could end where it all started, with a return to Der Riese.      

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Giant is rising. Face the might of the Nazi Zombies in their heartland. This is where it all began. This is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?" ―Map Description

"Is this where it all ends?" Honestly, this map description is starting to make sense to me. The zombies story line could end where it all started, with a return to Der Riese.      

Although I love that idea (I even pitched a return to an "expanded" Der Riese in a thread once), I'm pretty sure that only alluded to the end of WaW Zombies. Still, it's always been an idea I've wanted to happen for a long time and I really want it to become a reality.

I've always found that interesting about Der Riese too. The boring "realist" in me wants to just say it's because given WaW was the first time Zombies was ever included in a CoD game, and the whole explosion for theories and a storyline started (technically) in SNN to begin with, it was merely a teaser for another Zombies season come next Treyarch title due to such a success they had so far.

However, I'm with Werf. Still to this day Der Riese holds a special place in my heart. If they were to return to it once more and expand on it while still keeping true to the nature and atmosphere of the original Der Riese, I'd be all over that. It's about damn time we actually killed NAZI Zombies again anyways if you ask me.

I dont think you guys get why they stopped creating nazi zombies and went to zombies. Treyarch couldnt always release the game since it had nazi symbolism in it, wasnt BO banned in germany? Moving away from WW2 was better for them on a marketing point of view. 

I dont think you guys get why they stopped creating nazi zombies and went to zombies. Treyarch couldnt always release the game since it had nazi symbolism in it, wasnt BO banned in germany? Moving away from WW2 was better for them on a marketing point of view. 

Who said we didn't? This was merely wishful thinking. Besides, one of the main reasons 3Arc's decision to focus on to just regular Zombies was mainly due to the setting of Black Ops. It wouldn't make sense to fight Nazi Zombies in a Cold War era game. Also, Black Ops wasn't banned in Germany. They toned down some Nazi symbolism in Kino Der Toten.

In any case, let's not start a discussion on this in this thread.

Although I love that idea (I even pitched a return to an "expanded" Der Riese in a thread once), I'm pretty sure that only alluded to the end of WaW Zombies. Still, it's always been an idea I've wanted to happen for a long time and I really want it to become a reality.

Ooh but Der Riese wasn't the end of WaW zombies! Kino was going to be in DLC 4 but it got pushed back due to the release of MW2.

Although it still doesn't necessarily mean anything. I always assumed it was just trying to sound dramatic.

:edit: sorry, Flammenwerfer covered what I was posting re: nazi zombies.  

anyway, like many have said, although a return to der reise would likely be extremely popular, it doesn't seem ideal to me unless it is as a bonus of some kind.  If i want to play der reise i can pop in Waw or BO1 and play it, I don't need to wait for november 2015.  Now If they did in fact decide to re-release it, I would hope that it was expanded with a lot of new elements, and not just a carbon copy.

Here's a thought.  obviously hypothetical.

Vahn has been tweeting quite a bit lately, so they are obviously in full swing in developing this new game.  Do we think it is at all possible that in the past 2 years they have made some reworked maps that could possibly be released as either free or low cost DLC for BO2 as a viral marketing campaign of sorts?  

I mean think of the hype that would generate to have one last BO2 zombies map pack release around september or early october to maybe "bridge the gap" into the new zombies season?  Just like companies market with "free samples"  i mean i don't think it is completely out of the question that this could be a unique and incredibly effective bit of marketing for the new game 

I dont think these new maps would be just for last gen, I feel it would be a waste of money to buy a map that you already have twice unless its remastered for next gen. I am getting annoyed about the fact that their is no bonus to next gen lately, if its meant to be next gen why are they still treating last gen as this gen. I know people say its because of the large community still on last gen but then whats the point of next gen? I hope Treyarch at least do some extra content for people on next gen, I am started to feel like I might have well stayed on 360. Anyways its been two years as well. I didnt wanna try get off topic with this but I thought if I didnt put detail into it people would say some of these things and I am just trying to save a long discussion.

At about 12:01 on that video he begins to talk about how marketing a Call of Duty zombies game was impossible back in its conception. The way he says it seems as if now it is completely possible, maybe that is one of the hints?

Also this from 17:22, it was very hard to pause it on but I havent seen anyone post this frame yet. Its interesting as on the TV it goes... Origins pic, MotD concept art and Double Tap poster (From Verruckt) I wonder if this means Nacht is after Verruckt? Also these three maps are the ones that have specific dates attached to them.

8c4281c73dbabe2df4cef8b5f1551d4b.png

A few things I noticed that I don't think have been talked about at all or not enough.

What is this on the blueprint?

JGLaTCW.png

What is this word?

TmkOjYq.png

What can we make of this text?

7FGHPBJ.png

What do you make of this sketch?

xqnkgcg.png

Wanted to capture this again since it's awesome.

8b8aSVv.png

Does lightning in a bottle mean anything (power, wonderwaffe, towers, etc)

714g6cJ.png

The whoosh noise at 17:19 and the clicking of the TV dials and then the high pitched noise seems important.  

Then the quick series of images and dial changes.

They dials also change a few times during the presentation:

roqvMa3.png UEDntbM.png XyGBOr6.png

Food for speculation.

At about 12:01 on that video he begins to talk about how marketing a Call of Duty zombies game was impossible back in its conception. The way he says it seems as if now it is completely possible, maybe that is one of the hints?

Also this from 17:22, it was very hard to pause it on but I havent seen anyone post this frame yet. Its interesting as on the TV it goes... Origins pic, MotD concept art and Double Tap poster (From Verruckt) I wonder if this means Nacht is after Verruckt? Also these three maps are the ones that have specific dates attached to them.

You can see all that in slow mo on Mr RoflWaffle's video here, at 9:45:

Edited by yourmapper

Today Treyarch posted this on their Facebook page:

Last week, Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia appeared at the 2015 DICE Summit to share the story behind the creation of Zombies. For those of you asking for the archived video of "Treyarch's Zombies: Following the Fun to Win Hearts...and Brains," here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iisQ5dOBVFQ

10984582_10152642648447724_1757492728173

I share this with you guys because this is likely the original image used in the presentation, rather than a screenshot of the projected image.  This version is in higher resolution and shows more details for us to draw evidence from.  Enjoy!

- Mix