P.T (Silent Hills) Discussion -SPOILERS-

latest.jpg

Has anyone played, or heard of this game? I've been doing walkthroughs of it since it's release, and never thought to ask anyone here if they were playing it.

This is a Konami "game" that places you in the scene of a murder, the only thing is, you're not here to catch a killer, you are somehow pulled into the murderers version of Silent Hill.

The husband was possessed by some unknown force and killed his wife, son and daughter. You learn a long the way all though the husband murdered his family against his will, he wasn't the nicest man to begin with. Liquor bottles and pills scatter the L shaped hallway giving hints to the lifestyle of the husband.

A lone radio plays at the end of the hallway, detailing the murder, as well as a related murder from another family,"the husband was repeating a sequence of numbers, almost in a spell like manner".

The numbers he is chanting are 204863. People speculate it's a code for the name of the husband, which people believe to be Jarith (a biblical name that apparently has something to do with a birth of an inhuman fetus) but I personally don't buy into that theory.

It's clear that a little time has passed since the murders because the blood is mostly washed away, leaving only the stained floor behind, as well as everything being covered in dust. For whatever reason, your character has found himself in another persons Hell, and must solve the puzzles to escape the wrath of the murdered wife Lisa, and her daughter (unnamed). It's not clear to me yet why there is no interaction with the son, he is mentioned to be around 10 years old in the radio broadcasts so I know it's not the baby in the sink, haven't played it? Yea, there is a bloody deformed fetus in the bathroom sink....and it's alive.

Before I spend too much time on my theory I'd like to know if anyone else has played this game, or would simply like to figure the story out with me. It's very much a zombie style story where not much is given, but there are clues everywhere and so far all the youtube videos are pretty poor attempts are solving it. Knowing this community, we're the best at cracking stories and deciphering codes.

To those that haven't played it, it's a free download on the PS4 store, as far as I know, it's exclusive to playstation. It's a Silent Hill game being made by Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid Series) and Guillermo del Toro  who is most famous for Pan's Labyrinth, but has made some really terrifying horror movies in South America. 

So who's playing this????

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Tattoo247
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard of one of the most popular horror games of the year that turns out to be just a teaser? I mean come on... It stars Darrel Dixon! How could we not know? 

Also: 

The numbers are the person who made the game's birth day. 

But yeah, It's defiantly on my -to play, list, I mean it stars the idea of infinite realitys: one of my favorite topics since super paper Mario. 

It's a bit controversal of the type of game it will be. Other then horror I mean. Will there be more of what we saw here with the ability to explore more areas? Or will it be more of a classic silent hills FPS? IDK. I'm hoping for a little bit of both!

The numbers are pure speculation, there are two really interesting theories and one of them is the birthday of Kojima.

Kojimas birthday is August 24, 1963. August being the 8th month, 24th day and 1963 his year. To me that is just 82463

204863 is too different to say this is 100% true, I know different countries list their D.O.B on their I.D cards differently, but none add 0's in the middle. Why split the 24th day by adding a 0 in between? Just doesn't make sense to me, but it is definitely something to keep in mind.

The second theory is the numbers reference the Jarith name I spoke about, but it's the hardest of the two for me to believe. First, they say that the 7780 studios is a code in itself, because it is in fact, not a game studio at all and doesn't exist. SOMEHOW, someone decided that the fact that 7780 is next to a tree, you should reverse the 7780 and it makes the word TREE, which is silly. They took that formula, added it to 204863 and reversed the numbers to 368402, adding in the letters from 0877 you have _ _ R _T_.  While you are playing P.T, you'll come to a point where the game will "break" and you'll receive one of 6 messages, one of them being signed by "J". For some odd reason they thought to put the J at the beginning of the name, and there for found the name to be Jarith....yea. The ONLY connection to this is the story behind the name, I'm not 100% familiar with it but I think it's along the lines of an Angel impregnated a human woman and her child was some disfigured monster baby thing...which is basically what you see in the bathroom sink. I'm sorry but this theory is a little to far out there for me, the fact that the husband is chanting these numbers tells me he isn't sitting there chanting his own name!

I will say I've whispered Jarith into my microphone and it worked, but I have also played the Pink Panther theme into my mic and got the same result, to me the part in the game that you need a mic for is just to fill up a hidden meter with sounds until you get past that part in the game. Anyone who has GTAV I can reference it to being in the shower and singing/making noise in your mic to fill up a meter to gain a small amount of experience, it's the same principal here.

Kojima loves to mess with his fans heads, and he is so good at it that I can't accept these numbers being as simple as DOB or a random Angels name from the bible.

Lol you made it WAY farther than I did Mix, when the radio says "Look behind you....I SAID look behind you" I just went to the dashboard and closed application, didn't play for almost a week afterwards lol.

When she is in the window, it's actually a safe place, she can never possess you in the bathroom or from outside, but those are the two creepiest times to see her though.

I'll be doing some twitch steams tonight if anyone is interested in chatting about the game, my twitch is PunchOut85, and that is my PSN too so add me if you like, always happy to add CODZers.

I actually love the amount of secrets and stuff that are very hard to find. Seriously when you're putting together the picture, trying to find all the pieces, and one of them is in the pause menu. It reminds me of Zombies somewhat, piecing together the story.

I haven't played it but watched my mates and some videos. I am just curious though. When you "fail", you get like blue screens of death but in different colours. Red, White, Black, etc, with writing and stuff. What exactly are those and what does the writing on them mean?

@Rissole25 Only two of those screens are relevant, the one that says something along the lines of "knowing you, I'm sure you would play this, I'll never forget what happened that day, 20 years ago-J) It's signed J, giving you the first letter of the killer. There is a random message that is played backwards that when reversed says, "I walked until I was one pace from Jack", which is a hint to the first step of the last puzzle, take 10 steps and stop, you'll usually find yourself right in front of the mans picture by the phone, telling us the husbands name was Jack. He seems to know the person we are playing as, and is somehow here and wants to help us. 

The other one says "I am on my way" just further telling us he is coming.

Oh, it's a free download? I might have to get this to play it with my sister, too, haha.

I've seen let's plays of this, and to be honest it's very impressive. Gives me hope for Silent Hills. This, combined with the names attached to it's creation pretty much guarantee I'll buy Silent Hills. I just hope I'll be able to defend myself unlike in this and many other games in the survival horror genre.

I'll try to remember the next time I stream it if anyone is interested in watching, I just talk theories and all the good jazz that usually goes on here. I do speed runs, or detailed runs depending on votes. And don't feel bad @Lenne , I had never been so scared playing a game since the first Resident evil when I was like...8 lol. Now I'm almost 30 and had to watch playthroughs before I attempted my second try....during daylight hours lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a spite move.

They shoot themselves in the foot, a.k.a firing Kojima. And in the wake of all of it, they cancel Silent Hills for no real reason, Toro refuses to work on the game without Kojima, and the whole thing just fell apart.

I believe we're seeing the end of Konami and I have to say for the first time ever, I'm not sad to see a company go. We all know bigger game companies have dollar sign in their eyes and that's understandable. But to completely scrap a game based on bitterness and spite just reminds me of a little child that doesn't let his friend play with his toys because they're arguing. I expected more professionalism out of such an old company.

Unfortunately you can't download it anymore, and if you delete it from your hard drive, your back up file won't work and you can't download it ever again. So I'm keeping my demo for that obvious reason.

To me, this was the first time in about 21 years that I was genuinely afraid to play a game, it was REAL horror, not survival but almost like a detective game and all of us here love that sort of discovery/decoding of in game mysteries. It looks like the world will have to wait for God knows how long until we're playing with the lights on.

It just occurred to me that I could more than likely share play the demo, if so, anyone who missed out on it is welcome to give it a go. PunchOut85 is my psn tag.

Edited by Tattoo247

I played it at my friends house and it was just so good. I don't like many horror games but the way it was done was just perfect. I hate that this has happened because I was getting interested in it. :(

• 10 months later...