Playing as a team

Hi, it's the boring guy here.

Those that know me know that I like to make my points with real stories.

Here we go.

Was in a game with three Mic randoms on Five, high rounds 34, 35, and 38. I was told to turn on my Mic or they would leave. I did as told but noted that I'm not Mic friendly.

Why is having a Mic a priority? I feel that I can be just as reliable without Mic and have a great sense of feel for what should be done. My two best games on Five were with micless cooperative randoms who know how to play the team game. Besides, most Mic randoms deserve to be muted, and personally I enjoy the likes of Dane Cook, Russel Peters, and Chris Rock while playing. Real team players watch what you do and complement you, pretentious losers ask you to cooperate with them.

On round 5 I was asked to go down to the war room with them. I kindly declined as I like to stay on top. I did not see a major difference in where we camp on round 5. If you need me to babysit you this early, perhaps we should just end the game. On round 7 I was asked to join them as they are ready to turn on the power. At that point I had already opened the elevator debris (1000), but was asked to open two more for the simple fact that I had a lot more. I told them I would do one debris plus the Bowie door, but was replied with "what will you do with your points if we don't revive you?". I was told I was a jack ass for refusal to be generous.

One guy goes down early and quit as soon as he hit the floor. I shake my head when that happens.

Most of us know how to handle success. We know how to play when things are going well. But the true winners, the true gamers know how to handle failure. The best players, the most successful handle failure just as well. That's the biggest difference between a winner and a loser. The same hold true in real life. Not often do we see everything go smoothly. Those who adjust and adapt are likely to sit on top. I have rage quitted many times in my life, but never because I'm about to lose my ray run.

Thanks for reading. Maybe vote me for UOTM. Just kidding.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, most Mic randoms deserve to be muted

Bravo.

I kindly declined as I like to stay on top. 

Hey, that's what I say a lot. Are you following me Jay?

Never leave us Jay. Your stories are the best. I would nom you for uotm, but I don't like people who pull out. : )

mics increase communication, and even moreso, fun. Human interaction is craved by everyone, do not deny it, it's a psychological fact. Mics feel like they got a mic to interact freely with players, when other players do not speak they feel more lonely, and think they'll have more fun with mics. 

Furthermore, it's easy to tell a troll with a mic, not so much without one…. 

Never leave us Jay. Your stories are the best. I would nom you for uotm, but I don't like people who pull out. : )

A man and women who both like to stay on top?  Lucky you aren't together, that wouldn't work so well.

Personally I like the bottom, I'm a little lazy ;)

And pulling out is a bit schoolboy safetyish isn't it?  

Really sorry if I offend anyone, just couldn't resist!

A man and women who both like to stay on top?  Lucky you aren't together, that wouldn't work so well.

Personally I like the bottom, I'm a little lazy ;)

And pulling out is a bit schoolboy safetyish isn't it?  

Really sorry if I offend anyone, just couldn't resist! I prefer to be on top, but enjoy bottom with experienced women. I got enough tricks and moves to complement any girl.

To Samara: no offense to Slade, but I'm pretty confident I could show you a few new things, top or bottom.

No mic for me has always meant no game. Sorry but if you want me to invest 3-6 hours of my time I need to know your there, listening, and lets be honest it makes it way easier talking to someone while playing.

"I feel that I can be just as reliable without Mic" I hate when people say things like this. Guess how many random lobbies Ive been in where the other people were like "Im just ok at this game, I will go down from time to time, and really dont 100% get this game" Yeah none, but sadly thats how it seems most of the time. Not knocking ya, just honest feedback.

The key to good teamwork is communication. A mic is not necessary for good communication, but sometimes makes it easier. If someone needs to convey a specific idea, knifing the air and jumping won't do them much good unless they know how to shoot in morse code. Yeah a good team can "pick up on your vibe" by watching what you do, but expecting them to accommodate to your play style is the same as getting upset when they ask you to follow theirs. To me personally it almost seems more pretentious to refuse to cooperate than it is for them to expect you to do so. I mean it's totally fine if they are being pushy. screw them. But still I at least make an effort to communicate that I'm doing something different.

Let me put it this way. I NEVER use my mic with randoms. The only times I use it are with friends and with randoms in Search and Destroy. Why in that game mode specifically? because I actually depend on my teammates to help me get a tactical advantage through communication. In zombies however I don't depend on anyone but my two friends mustang and sally. I can carry noobs along with my own weight no problem. If one asked me to do something I could EASILY just say "bitch I don't owe you shit" and carry on doing whatever I was already doing. But in those situations it is clear that THEY depend on ME. If they are doing something stupid and ask me to help, I feel obligated to plug in my mic and give them some guidance. If they aren't cooperative, I will either unplug my mic or leave the game. If they are, I'll stay and help them.

I guess I'm just not as assertive as you.