What Makes a Wonder Weapon a Wonder Weapon?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FatedTitan

The point is "story"

Treyarch have relied on us(the community) to fill in holes in the storyline since the beginning. They might've wanted the jet gun to be a wonder weapon, but when you think about it, it doesn't fit in at all. So it's our job to say yay or nay.

Either we go by this, or Treyarch themselves need to call it a wonder weapon directly. That's the way I see it.

And @Rissole25

Did you just ignore what Mocking said? I mean he has a valid point in his last comment. They are just tacticals. But the Gersch Device is also just a tactical. But it's a wonder weapon.

The EMP's do more than we can explain. Primarily the way it shuts down the mystery box which doesn't have a visible power source. And the way it even shuts down 115-powered zombies. Rather strange isn't it?

Edited by thegoldenspork115

@thegoldenspork115 He said he thinks the EMPs are the Wonder Weapons of the map. They aren't Wonder Weapons though. Can they do things? Sure. But 115 has electrical properties, that's why these things are disabled by them.

An element having electrical properties...idk about that. Maybe the element somehow "attracts" electricity in some manner. But idk. I'm not saying they're definitely wonder weapons. But it's not as unlikely as it may seem.

I'm just going by what Maxis said in the terminal files. That's why I think it's kinda normal that the EMP's can do that.

***SERVANT ENTRY A00115***

Element 115 overview:

Sources include meteors found in Shi No Numa, Tunguska, Groom Lake, Der Riese, and the Moon (Confirmed via Astronomical team)

Applications include: Transporter technology, power source for DG-2, General weapon upgrades via CWZIMOJZDUNINXPJZEKWZOLIEXZ.

Side effects include: Reanimation of dead cells, vin inherent electrical properties.

Why would a turbine or DG-2 shot make a zombie sleep? A turbines function is to power things up, not down. And a DG-2 kills the zombie, so there is no need for it to make it sleep.

Why does it matter whether it can be made or not? Many of the things in zombies can't be made in real life. The box pulls weapons across time, so it doesn't matter whether they exist in our real world today.

I also don't think you could make a portable jet turbine like that.

But you could, rare is still possible. Furthermore, the jet gun can be made in real life, like you said, and many things in zombies can't be made in real life, for example, every other wonder-weapon in existence. Why? Because of their mysterious properties. That makes them wonder weapons. The jet gun has no mysterious properties and no wonder. 

Likewise my point with the turbine and DG2 is that they are also electromagnetic fields yet they don't cause the same effects as an EMP. An EMP is an electro-magnetic pulse (Obviously) so why does the pulse of the DG2 not effect zombies in the same way? Or the energy released by the turbine? 

A portable one like that I don't think is possible. If it is, I think it would have to be very small version to not have any complications.

I agree there isn't really anything interesting that we know of in it but I still consider it the Wonder Weapon of TranZit.

And I don't know how to answer your question because I don't know know much about electro-magnetic pulses. The DG-2, there is really no need to power down zombies, because the DG-2 kills them. That's its function. Likewise with the Turbine. It's function is to power things up. If zombies fell asleep whenever it got in range, it would be OP as hell.

@Stop mocking me0

You are completely ignoring the fact that EMP grenades actually appear in BO2's multiplayer. You know what doesn't appear in the multiplayer? A fricken portable jet engines with the power to obliterate zombies without ripping the arms off the person holding it. 

EDIT: I've noticed that sounded pretty harsh. It was not meant as an insult, more of a sarcastic remark.

I used to think that 115 was the key to it being a wonder-weapon or not, but no longer. With the advent of Black Ops 2, they basically threw that out the window, if it was ever there at all. The Jet Gun was so obviously the Wonder Weapon from TranZit, that you'd have to be blind not to see the intent for it to be there as a wonder-weapon. You may argue about the "true" definition of a wonder-weapon, but unless Treyarch come right out and say that "such and such are not wonder-weapons, while such and such are" then we are just left to speculate as to what is and what isn't.

I hold a wonder-weapon as a weapon which is somewhat unique, with a purpose to be effective at killing zombies where an average gun would fail. I see it as a weapon which is generally map-exclusive (excluding the Ray Gun/Mk II. and Thundergun [And the Tacticals])

A turbine is not conventional warfare, "Jerry what have YOU brought into MY battlefield?" "My thrustodyne aronomics sir" "…. You brought a close-range slow killing weapon into a battle where one knife to the foot will end you?!?!?!" 

You don't bring it into battle as it is literally useless…. YOU COULD but you won't (IRL)…. 

Also it's appearance in MP is far besides the point, you know what else does not appear in MP? 

-M1927

-uzi (Actually does it? Didn't think it did…) 

-Remington NMA

Perfectly normal weapons… NOT available in MP… 

Also, who is to say that the MP EMP and the zombies EMP are the same? You don't even get to see what the EMPs that come out of the box are even called. 

@Stop mocking me0

You are completely ignoring the fact that EMP grenades actually appear in BO2's multiplayer. You know what doesn't appear in the multiplayer? A fricken portable jet engines with the power to obliterate zombies without ripping the arms off the person holding it.

EDIT: I've noticed that sounded pretty harsh. It was not meant as an insult, more of a sarcastic remark.

I used to think that 115 was the key to it being a wonder-weapon or not, but no longer. With the advent of Black Ops 2, they basically threw that out the window, if it was ever there at all. The Jet Gun was so obviously the Wonder Weapon from TranZit, that you'd have to be blind not to see the intent for it to be there as a wonder-weapon. You may argue about the "true" definition of a wonder-weapon, but unless Treyarch come right out and say that "such and such are not wonder-weapons, while such and such are" then we are just left to speculate as to what is and what isn't.

I hold a wonder-weapon as a weapon which is somewhat unique, with a purpose to be effective at killing zombies where an average gun would fail. I see it as a weapon which is generally map-exclusive (excluding the Ray Gun/Mk II. and Thundergun [And the Tacticals])

You're right, we have no way of telling for sure. But what you consider a WW is incorrect when looking at it from a storyline pov.

According to your idea, even I could make a wonder weapon. As long as it's powerful enough to kill zombies. Yet I still feel that's complete storyline neglect.

And as dumb as this sounds, even if Treyarch themselves said that the ww is just map exclusive. Even if it's a hunk of junk like the jet gun, I would still say even THEY were wrong. It's not that I'm stubborn, I just don't like to accept notions that make no sense.

Unless the gun does something of wonder then I don't think it deserves the title of WW.

From a storyline perspective, there's only one wunder weapon: the original WunderWaffe DG-2.

All the others are never referred to as WWs. Maaybe the Babygun, since Maxis designed it roughly around the same time as Richtofen did the DG2. And possibly the Raygun as well.

The term is highly subjective, so you can't say someone's definition of it is wrong.

The closest to a true and valid definition is the one @ came up with, it's very objective and thus it becomes easy to class weapons as WW or not. Props MMX.

I still feel the main reason people don't call the Jetgun a wunder weapon is simply because it sucks. (No pun intended)

If it was the best weapon ever everyone would be like "who cares if it's made from spare parts, look at the damage it deals. How can you not call it a wunderweapon"

Okay, almost everyone then. MMX would still hold true to his definition.