THe ray gun mark two: Here to stay or left with BO2.

Poll  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SO how do you all think the Mark two will end up come COD 2015? 

Personally, I see it as an ample opportunity to persuade players to get the hardened editions and other bonus additions, as the M2 would be a great addition to the game that we know players are ok with. Of course there will be other ways of getting the M2 later on… 

But on the other hand it COULD be left to only be used in BO2…. Never to be seen again…. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure to be honest.

As it's a mark 2, it would make sense that its going to be a reocurring gun.

But, there was absolutely no information on how it came to be. 935 didn't build it, nor did richtofen... So who did?!

I'd sooner see it left behind and have a new version of it altogether.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

But, there was absolutely no information on how it came to be. 935 didn't build it, nor did richtofen... So who did?!

It seems they've gotten incredibly lazy in Black Ops 2. I just don't get how or why they would think it's okay to create a new ray gun without giving it any backstory.

Anyways. I think the mark ii will return. Everyone likes it too much to get rid of it. But hopefully they'll give it some story this time.

Two things... One i think it will return but for a price. I never considered it for hardened editions but that is a very likely option, or as DLC. Secondly I always thought that marlton built the mark 2 during one of the "cycles" and it got preserved by richtofen and spread across the dimensions, similar to the original ray gun and future weapons in origins and motd.

Why would people question who built it, Porter did. They hinted at it in the Data Servants in Black Ops.

I believe that hint is about the PaP version of the Ray Gun, the X2.

Also yeah, it's called Porter's Mark II Ray Gun when PaP'd. Most likely because Max Porter designed it along with the Ray Gun and Wave/Zap Guns. For story reasons, we can only go on H. Porter developing it and that's it. The box grabbing weapons from across time could answer that question though.

I wouldn't mind it appearing again honestly. The Mark II is stronger than the Mark I, but it doesn't completely overshadow it. So aslong as it doesn't over shadow the normal Ray Gun, I'm fine with that.

Lol everything needs a history to you people. But with a response like that, I might be called a Realist or something of the sorts :P

Still, if you ask me, I honestly just find it to be nothing more than an "tweaked" Ray Gun made purely because the Ray Gun has been there since day one and always remained the same, classic wonder weapon. So why not have a little fun with it and make another "upgraded" model?

As far as keeping it in the mix of weapons to come, sure... why not? Although I feel as though having both the original Ray Gun and the Mark II both just available in the box kinda takes away from both of them. It would be nice the Mark II was one of the variations of an original upgraded Ray Gun or just available via EE or rare/expensive wall weapon.

I like how this is a topic about the future of the M2 but 70% of what's been said is about it's lack of history…

Also, I do not want the ray gun M2 in the box for free, I feel that needs to be  either purchased or earned. Otherwise it's just not as special as the ray gun M1 and by default lowers the lovability of the M1 as well. DLC or something IS the answer IME.

Japanese men at the rising sun facility (Shino Numa) created blue prints for the Ray gun which Maxis seized. He began work on the Ray gun but handed the project over to Porter a scientist at 935. Porter then went on to create the Zap Guns and Wave Gun, with skills learnt from the origina Ray Gun and even the Wunderwaffe DG-2. This was then present on the moon showing Porter must have been involved with Richtofens develpoment of Griffin Station. Porter built the Ray gun and then at some point must have been present in the Borough under living stone mine as there a new version of the Ray gun was created which would help create the MKII. Originally it was meant to be a buildable which would be added to this new Ray gun but would only be buildable in Buried showing it was being developed in Buried. But Porter must have finished it as we see it fully built and present in the map. It is unknown if Porter created anything else in the borough as nothing was ever mentioned.

Porter made both of the Ray guns and the Zap/Wave Guns as the PaP name states: Porters x2 something or Max Wave Gun a reference to Max Porter the creator in Treyarch of the guns. (Max is not the characters name as it is referenced as H. Porter)

Evidence:

Pack-a Punched weapon names.

Radios linking to events of the Ray guns creation.

Black Ops 1 Terminal Vbush and Oppenheimer's Data Servants.

Hope that has put a rest to it anyways I want it to come back and be rare from the box, something should prevent it being obtainable through Fire Sale. Same rules apply for it as having a powerful weapon existing that people sought for is a very good concept. 

It also says Porter's Mark ii or something when you pack a lunch it right? Can't remember. Either way, there's still next to no story behind it.

Pack a Lunch. Ha. I love the Ray Gun Mk. II.  I hope they bring it back, I don't care if its DLC or in game, I want it.

Porter built the Ray gun and then at some point must have been present in the Borough under living stone mine as there a new version of the Ray gun was created which would help create the MKII. Originally it was meant to be a buildable which would be added to this new Ray gun but would only be buildable in Buried showing it was being developed in Buried. But Porter must have finished it as we see it fully built and present in the map. It is unknown if Porter created anything else in the borough as nothing was ever mentioned.

Evidence:

Pack-a Punched weapon names.

Radios linking to events of the Ray guns creation.

Black Ops 1 Terminal Vbush and Oppenheimer's Data Servants.

Hope that has put a rest to it anyways.

Dude. I don't mean to argue with you, and I am sure you know a lot more about the story than I.

But, that's a hell of a lot of speculation.

He must have been present in Borough? Other than the name of the pack a punched version of the Rgm2, there is absolutely no link to Porter being in Borough, I really can't see how you would link the two properly.

Realistically, I think the existence of the RGM2 came about something like this:

Treyarch employee #1: What wonder weapon shall we whack into dlc 3 guys?

Treyarch employee #2: what about a new version of the Ray Gun?

David Vondehaar : Go on.

Treyarch employee #2: Well, I like headshots, and I like Ray Guns, so why don't we make a Ray Gun assault rifle? It can be great at taking out trains, and have no splash damage so it's like the ultimate escape weapon?

David Vondehaar: I like it. I like it a lot. I've got an idea, let's include it as a map pack 3 bonus weapon, so everyone that owns the map pack gets it! Jim, what we gonna call it?

Jimmy Trollinski: what about the Ray Gun Mark 2? Then when it's PaP'd it's Porter's Mark 2 Ray Gun?

David Vondehaar: YES.

Treyarch employee #1: Guys, we still need a map specific wonder weapon?

David & Jimmy: Remake the Jet Gun.

Apologies to Mocking, didn't mean to steer away from the original point, just thought I'd add my opinion on why I felt it might not return.

@lead_psychopath Isnt most of the storyline speculation until we get concrete evidence. Also why would there be the new version of the Ray gun and the Mark II if it was not for the purpose of building it there. Richtofen also quotes about it in Origins saying he didnt know when it was developed.

What REALLY should make a full return is the Wunderwaffe.

Just saying.

I think the Wunderwaffe will definitely make a return in the next game. We haven't seen it since CotD, yet it's probably the most important wonder weapon there is. My guess is it'll return in some mind of Easter egg.

@Rissole

yeah. I don't think they'll make any more new ray guns. If they did, it would seriously be pushing it.

Edited by thegoldenspork115

"ooooooohhhh… You got the wunderwaffe DG2! HA! JUST KIDDING!"

I suppose I'd like to see it stay in Black Ops II, just so there is room for new wonder weapons in the next game.

I would hate to see DLC weapons in zombies. Really, really hate. Really.

Why? Why is it so bad to have a DLC weapon in BO2 but not BO3? It just supplies motivation for purchase, a good tactic by trayarch. In no way does one ever need the ray gun M2, but many prefer it. 

they should keep it, because what about if you've got the MK1 and get stuck without PhD, at least RGM2 gives 21 ammo and no splash damage

In WAW there was no PHD flopper, in black ops there was no M2… We would work perfectly fine without PHD and the M2...

I thought this was an AWESOME addition to zombies.  Hope with next gen capabilities that they can add even more weapons with DLC packs, as I think that has been one of the coolest things with BO2 and Ghosts are the inclusion of weapons in the DLC packs.  Hope the RGM2 returns as a permanent feature

Max Porter built both ray guns no?

Max Porter built both ray guns no? Speculation though mate? It's not been in any audio log/radio/TV/quote etc (as a direct quote about the RGM2.)