Named and shamed - The Glitchers

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

That's where opinion will differ. Immortalizing them in infamy may encourage them but the members and guests who read this, go into a lobby and recognise the GT as a glitcher know that the game is a waste of time and can leave and go elsewhere. It's not about immortalizing them in infamy, it's about given others a heads up and saying "if you see them in a game lobby, you may as well back out".

What's the point in going 10 rounds of a game if you have not one, but 2 on this occasion glitchen. One glitched into the wall and the other sitting back in the room, 2 other players running about daft - happens all the time and in my view, name them, shame them, avoid them.

I suppose. I don't know any names but I can from my experience most of the glitchers in Black Ops II are on Grief Borough. It is easy enough with the Trample Steam to cheat and just sit out the game 'til the opposition dies, which is totally unfair. (When that happens with me we try to just lead the zombie around until he gets out.)

I think immortalizing them, even if for infamy, just encourages them. Yes, they are quite annoying, but I suggest just moving on.

As much as I hate glitcher's myself (and God only knows how much I hate those damn glitcher's!!!), I think MMX is 100% right here.

Naming and shaming does NOTHING! If anything it gives them a platform to work on, but at worst, it see's a few people avoid them completely. At the end of the day, I hate glitchers! More so than probably ANYONE on this scene. I have actively spent hours searching for them just to ruin their games, and it eventually wore thin with me.

I just love to see to them fail, but naming and shaming has never worked for me. If anything, complete humiliation in-game has always proved more affective. If you are aware of a definitive glitcher, add them to your block list and tell your friends who they are (ie: ME!), but don't ever make it public! It gives them more attention than they deserve.

Rather than name and shame, do what I do 99% of the time... Tell them you are LIVE STREAMING the game, and that they are getting viewed by 100+ people! Guaranteed they will leave instantly! :D

I think those who do it to troll will keep trolling people by hacking/glitching no matter what you do. But those who do it to secretly achieve high rounds and not get caught will get affected.

P:S Last time a random asked me what my 4 player high round was for origins and I said 40+, he immediately asked what glitch I was using. I was offended.

I am totally anti-glitching/boosting but lets be honest here... there may be a few who are 100% clean but even the best of us have mucked about a bit (unbreakable turbine for PAP on Tranzit), maybe before we really knew the difference between glitching and a "trick" (turn grenades into monkeys on Kino). I mean sometimes I drink alot during game play and really gotta piss (pad on Moon & between tunnel and dinner on Tranzit) but I keep myself in what I feel is the strongly anti-glitching group because I have never killed a zombie in a glitch. So there it is hate on me if you want... but be real.

I am totally anti-glitching/boosting but lets be honest here... there may be a few who are 100% clean but even the best of us have mucked about a bit (unbreakable turbine for PAP on Tranzit), maybe before we really knew the difference between glitching and a "trick" (turn grenades into monkeys on Kino). I mean sometimes I drink alot during game play and really gotta piss (pad on Moon & between tunnel and dinner on Tranzit) but I keep myself in what I feel is the strongly anti-glitching group because I have never killed a zombie in a glitch. So there it is hate on me if you want... but be real.

I have used the Moon pad glitch in the past, and even learned a handful of other glitches in BO1, but I have never EVER used a glitch to boost or get high rounds.

My hate for glitchers steams from having so many games ruined by them in the past, and also seeing maps end up with brokem features like the tank because of glitchers.

Yeah I just don't understand how someone could be proud of a high round that is not legit. I hate it when I have to quit a game because of someone else glitching and not wanting my record to come from a glitched game, even if I didn't partake.

I know this is primarly about COD Zombies, but this applies to all online games.

Everyone glitches.

Sometimes, we glitch unintentionally. Like the other day on GTA V, I accidently did a teleporting glitch.

I didn't mean to do it, but people were pissed off.

Sometimes, the glitches are caused by the patches.

Like when Treyarch released the RGM2 early. That was an untentional glitch.

Sometimes, lag causes these glitches.

Numerous times on COD I've gone through the walls because the host sucks.

Granted, some may do this accidentally, but then abuse the glitch.

A simple solution to dealing with glitchers is to leave if you know they're doing it intentionally.  If they are, just report them and be on your way.

Often, if they did on accident, you can hear them asking what's going on.

No point in dealing with filthy cheats when you know they're invincible.

I'm all for punishing intentional glitchers, but even then, the system will not work. There will always be the unfortunate people who got caught doing unintetional glitches.

Obviously, there will always be YouTuber's who promote glitching. A simple search of "GTA V glitches Patch 1.11" will yield loads of people promoting this kind of stuff.

• Administrators

You wanna talk glitches? Go mosey yourself down over to Buried - glitch heaven.

I feel that a glitch done purely out of genuine fun is decently acceptable. For instance, glitching early in the rounds is not going to do any harm so long as it doesn't screw with anyone else beyond horde control. Now if you're aiming for high rounds while using said methods, then it falls into the no-no category.

Glitching is just a factor in player morals. Either you have them, or you don't. If you don't like what you see, then leave the game. In Black Ops II, it will surely kill the glitchers' fun.